Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

bef posted:

i do, the most i ever see is a couple cents off

you're doing it wrong or from a country that isn't very cool

amazon prime page for mario color splash right now posted:

$ 59 96
PRIME SAVINGS
Your price at checkout is $47.99. Details

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

It's hiiiiiiigh noon.

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

I can just see some nerd waltzing into an airport with this thing on getting plummeted by security.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

alf_pogs posted:

don't care if jest but Super Mario Souls sounds great

You can still be invaded even if you stay Hollow, Super Mario Souls is bullshit

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

DoctorWhat posted:

it's a kamen rider joke

I stand by my statement.

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Real hurthling! posted:

you're doing it wrong or from a country that isn't very cool

well ill be! thats cool!

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Real hurthling! posted:

such as the mario maker level editor app for use with mario maker 2

I think you will enjoy the switch to being able to add slopes to a course.

Also with the power of Tegra, we are proud to present Angry Sun.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
I'm really digging the Pro style controller. It's somewhat translucent, and I like the Nintendo tradition of having poo poo you can see through

Nintendo please make one more New 3DS* and make it Crystal, tia

*the smaller one, I don't have that one yet

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

red dead redemption 2 lookin' good

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Bruceski posted:

I stand by my statement.

i wasn't disagreeing

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

did they announce the cloud amiibo release date yet

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i'm assuming there will be a handset unit charge cable that they sell separately or else it would be useless on trips right?

also i'm pretty interested to see what happens to the pricing of games, if smaller titles akin to traditional handheld games in scope remain 40ish dollars or if they try to standardize everything at 60. exciting times

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Real hurthling! posted:

also i'm pretty interested to see what happens to the pricing of games, if smaller titles akin to traditional handheld games in scope remain 40ish dollars or if they try to standardize everything at 60. exciting times

i don't think so buddy

and i mean swtich titles will be 60 or more

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Real hurthling! posted:

i'm assuming there will be a handset unit charge cable that they sell separately or else it would be useless on trips right?

The pillar in the airport that the guy in the teaser sits down next to is the kind they festoon with power sockets. So the answer is "Yes, but they didn't want to show the adapter for some reason."

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think the Switch is gonna be really good

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Shneak posted:

Well some sources are saying MK8, SSB4, Splatoon, etc are ports and not simply 'insert Wii U disc here.'

They have to be ports. Tegra is an Arm PC with an Nvidia gpu, the poo poo gamecube family were power pc machines with AMD gpus.

Alucard Nacirema
Apr 22, 2008

by exmarx

Soul Glo posted:

Y'all realize that that version of Skyrim is the remake right

Not only is that not confirmed. Bethesda has even come out and said Skyrim may not even be coming to the NX and that Skyrim is just being used as a demo and an example of how Bethesda will be supporting the system in the future.

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

I can just see some nerd waltzing into an airport with this thing on getting plummeted by security.

Terrorists have ruined everything

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
So does this mean Nintendo is a full generation behind now :lol:

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

I'm not the only one who would get this if it was real, right?

Same guy also 'shopped these:

Real hurthling! posted:

i am going to buy physical games for my switch cause buying most 1st party nintendo games digitally when there is a cart version is kinda dumb when you can get them 20% off on amazon at launch, keep a zillion of them in a small case more easily than you can manage 32 gb's of storage, and sell them for near purchase price at any time if you don't like them cause the main franchises hold their value

I would probably be doing the same if not for the 256GB microSD my Note 7 came with. Can't wait to plug that in and not worry about space.

Teikanmi posted:

In terms of home console processing power, yeah. In terms of handheld power, this is by far the most powerful dedicated gaming handheld ever made. So it depends on what you want out of it.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

nah

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Teikanmi posted:

lol if you give a poo poo about that.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Teikanmi posted:

nothing has changed.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

All the processing power in the other 2 consoles didn't produce Splatoon, the best loving shooter since idk Counter Strike? Cause that's what every iteration of online shooters are anymore. same zzz thing.

Edit: TF2 maybe I forgot how popular that was I just never played it, but looked cool and different.

LethalGeek fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Oct 21, 2016

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Mark my words, those supplementary computing device patents mean a dock pro down the line with Scorpio level graphics.

It's literally "you can use your switch with the new dock just like Wiimotes with the Wii U"

They can just upgrade the dock down the line and maybe do a 7-10 year plan.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Anidav posted:

Mark my words, those supplementary computing device patents mean a dock pro down the line with Scorpio level graphics.

It's literally "you can use your switch with the new dock just like Wiimotes with the Wii U"

They can just upgrade the dock down the line and maybe do a 7-10 year plan.

The most right type of ram we can dream of.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I just saw the video and Im not really sure this is something I'd want. For one, I don't want to carry something extra with me that most likely has like a 4 hour battery life at best when I can just play games on my phone. The other thing is, the games I'd want to play on the go aren't things like 3D Zelda or basketball or shooters. They're stuff that I can pick up and put down without having to get into it.

The other things are I'm trying to imagine me and one or two friends gathered around an iPad mini sized thing and trying to game on it. That sounds awful.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Unless the Switch's internal memory is an SD card that can be replaced with a much bigger one, it makes the most sense for expanded storage to work via the dock's USB ports. Plug a hard drive in, play any game from that drive while the system is docked, transfer a game to system memory if you want to take it on the go.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
I'm glad Nintendo's making another cartridge-based home console so they can start work on a Switch DD that never pans out.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Boris Galerkin posted:

I just saw the video and Im not really sure this is something I'd want. For one, I don't want to carry something extra with me that most likely has like a 4 hour battery life at best when I can just play games on my phone. The other thing is, the games I'd want to play on the go aren't things like 3D Zelda or basketball or shooters. They're stuff that I can pick up and put down without having to get into it.

The other things are I'm trying to imagine me and one or two friends gathered around an iPad mini sized thing and trying to game on it. That sounds awful.

It also works as a normal home console, complete with consistently great first-party Nintendo games. You don't need all the extra stuff. But I am certainly looking forward to doing all of those things nonetheless.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A NINTENDO SWITCH™ CONSOLE INTO THE NINTENDO SWITCH™ DOCK. IT’S LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD™ AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, LINK. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME BOKOBLIN BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE SHEIKAH'S MOST DANGEROUS SHRINE OF RESURRECTION. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

It also works as a normal home console, complete with consistently great first-party Nintendo games. You don't need all the extra stuff. But I am certainly looking forward to doing all of those things nonetheless.

A significant number of people care nothing about Nintendo consoles and care a decent amount about Nintendo handhelds so compromising one for the other would be a bad move imo.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Hot take: the Switch will get 6-7 hours playtime.

Second hot take: it's probably 1080p because I don't see why not, the Shield handled that resolution just fine.

Third hot take: it won't cost more than $300 and might retail as low as $250.

Philip Rivers fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Oct 21, 2016

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Kelp Me! posted:

tbf the "lol who the hell is going to play this on a basketball court at night" thing is almost as dumb as wicka's "god you guys it's just an ad, it's not real footage" argument. It's literally Generic Social Situation #487 and the realistic alternative would have been a 5 minute trailer showcasing 5 different people playing videogames alone in their rooms with headsets on other systems and letting this poo poo collect dust in a cupboard

Fixed

limaCAT fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Oct 21, 2016

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Philip Rivers posted:

Second hot take: it's probably 1080p because I don't see why not, the Shield handled that resolution just fine.

Third hot take: it won't cost more than $300 and might retail as low as $250.

I can't wait to see how Nintendo makes this thing more powerful than a tablet, with a 1080p screen, and still sells it at half the price of a tablet with all the other bits and bobs.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Steve2911 posted:

I can't wait to see how Nintendo makes this thing more powerful than a tablet, with a 1080p screen, and still sells it at half the price of a tablet with all the other bits and bobs.

The closest thing we have is the Shield Tablet which retails for $200.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Rest in peace, rarer white GamePad

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

8-bit Miniboss posted:

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A NINTENDO SWITCH™ CONSOLE INTO THE NINTENDO SWITCH™ DOCK. IT’S LEGEND OF ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD™ AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, LINK. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN SOME BOKOBLIN BASTARDS OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP TECHNIQUE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE SHEIKAH'S MOST DANGEROUS SHRINE OF RESURRECTION. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY COLLEGE CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CLASS CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

Hi permabanned user koopastomper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Switch will retail for 299.99 or less, that's guaranteed

• Locked thread