Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

CeramicPig posted:

Found one of many flaws in that master plan.

Maybe it's cause I'm a woman and I just don't think like these guys do, but how do they think that talking to women will be any easier in a country you're unfamiliar with, in a language you're unfamiliar with, and immersed in a culture you're unfamiliar with? Seriously I'd be less worried about talking to some stranger in a coffee shop.
Also why South America? Normally don't weirdos pine over "obedient and domesticated" Asian women?

They think that Latino women haven't been corrupted by feminism yet and will be subservient and obedient and not entitled bitches LIKE JENNIFER WHO WON'T EVEN LOOK AT ME WHILE WHIRLING ON THE COCK CAROUSEL.

Also they don't go to Asia because they want a cheap alternative.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

hello thread

guess which presidential candidate appears in this heartfelt fan film of the hit television series "star trek"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgRlzFIgm1E

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

CeramicPig posted:

Maybe it's cause I'm a woman and I just don't think like these guys do, but how do they think that talking to women will be any easier in a country you're unfamiliar with, in a language you're unfamiliar with, and immersed in a culture you're unfamiliar with? Seriously I'd be less worried about talking to some stranger in a coffee shop.
Also why South America? Normally don't weirdos pine over "obedient and domesticated" Asian women?

I can answer you. It'll be easier talking to these women because these women are even less-people than the (probably) white women they are scared to talk to in the US. They think these women will be super impressed that a white man has deigned to say "Hola" that they will be friendly. They think these women haven't been corrupted by western feminism. These exotic and beautiful creatures can be approached because they are just that: exotic creatures. Not people.

So, to answer your question, they are racist as well as misogynist.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Munchables posted:

AUG Thread: I'm highly skeptical about Hitler

AUG Thread: I'm highly skeptical about Hitler's testicles

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

http://www.love-shy.com/lsbb/index.php

you need to register an account for the love-shy forums, only way u can read it :/. There's some really funny poo poo there like they have a forum dedicated to having flamewars with other posters and its the stupidest kind of slap fight imaginable.

Dongicus has a new favorite as of 07:57 on Oct 20, 2016

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
So how about YOU copy/paste some text instead of US registering a throwaway on a dumb website that we can't click the link for?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Dongicus posted:

http://www.love-shy.com/lsbb/index.php

you need to register an account for the love-shy forums, only way u can read it :/. There's some really funny poo poo there like they have a forum dedicated to having flamewars with other posters and its the stupidest kind of slap fight imaginable.

Do you not know about screenshots or something?

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Sponge Baathist posted:

So how about YOU copy/paste some text instead of US registering a throwaway on a dumb website that we can't click the link for?

I was just listing the website i found the quotes on...

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

How aug of me :p

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

There's an F Plus episode on the subject, if you're interested.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

BrigadierSensible posted:

I can answer you. It'll be easier talking to these women because these women are even less-people than the (probably) white women they are scared to talk to in the US. They think these women will be super impressed that a white man has deigned to say "Hola" that they will be friendly. They think these women haven't been corrupted by western feminism. These exotic and beautiful creatures can be approached because they are just that: exotic creatures. Not people.

So, to answer your question, they are racist as well as misogynist.

In French Polynesia we were told that yes, there would be some ladies who would be super interested in the dumb white American guys on our trip. You could see their drat heads grow as our group hit the mainland Tahiti and yes, there were many many exotically dressed ladies flirting with them. Our guide had to take pains to point out that they weren't ladies. They were men dressed as ladies, and in fact because it was a Tuesday afternoon, most of the women were in fact in school or running the local businesses. The ones in the grass skirts and the coconut tops were very very good at looking like exotic creatures.

I couldn't get a screenshot, but on a Pokemon Go Facebook group, a mom posted, asking about what park in her area would be best for a birthday party for her autistic kid, who loves Pogo. Many people offered ideas (and some volunteered to keep the lures set and bring their own kids so the kid had a good sized party) and a few volunteered to help run some hunts with the remaining map apps. The mom was very happy and posted that her son was high fuctioning but this would be great, and had plans to bring several of his autistic classmates too. Cue some fucktard chiming in and saying that HE was an adult autistic and he felt the entire thing was inappropriate, and she was going about a party all wrong, and it wasn't "just" autistic kids who needed help and who would appreciate a party and the entire thing went off the rails as this dude tried to make a 8 year old's park party about himself. Because he is autistic too, you see. And people didn't offer to make him some big party because he's autistic so why should this bitch get help?

The entire thing was deleted but seriously, what kind of rear end in a top hat do you have to be to demand people make a birthday party for you at age 40 because they plan to help some single mom and her kid?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cowslips Warren posted:

In French Polynesia we were told that yes, there would be some ladies who would be super interested in the dumb white American guys on our trip. You could see their drat heads grow as our group hit the mainland Tahiti and yes, there were many many exotically dressed ladies flirting with them. Our guide had to take pains to point out that they weren't ladies. They were men dressed as ladies, and in fact because it was a Tuesday afternoon, most of the women were in fact in school or running the local businesses. The ones in the grass skirts and the coconut tops were very very good at looking like exotic creatures.

That guide sounds like a transphobic jerk

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Guy Goodbody posted:

Eh, the explanation is close enough

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Ularg posted:

AUG Thread: I'm highly skeptical about Hitler's testicles
As told by Dr Seuss

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Guy Goodbody posted:

Possibly. Not to excuse him, but the second guide was also careful to point out that the ladies were in fact men, because he had had some bad experiences in the past with the idiot tourists doing very stupid poo poo when they found out the truth after a few beers.

The idea of the 'exotic native beauty' in coconut shells and a grass skirt had become local legend. Most people, save in the super tourist areas, wore loving jeans and normal shirts. But they had to play a part in the other area of town because no tourist would buy the idea of a native Polynesian wearing Nike. I don't blame the tour guides for being curt and possibly bigots when they were trying to avoid stupid Americans from attacking people and trying to keep the tourism boards happy.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Cowslips Warren posted:

The entire thing was deleted but seriously, what kind of rear end in a top hat do you have to be to demand people make a birthday party for you at age 40 because they plan to help some single mom and her kid?

an autistic person

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Guy Goodbody posted:

Why?

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

If you won't gently caress a transperson YOU'RE a transphobic jerk!!!

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
The AUG are the amount of tourists it took to make the tour guide start giving out warnings.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

There's an F Plus episode on the subject, if you're interested.

I had to stop listening to the F Plus after the Feeder episode and one where they talked about some kind of Diaper fetishist that a big part of the whole thing is pooping in your diaper in some crowded, public place and making everyone smell it.

If anyone of you remember Portal of Evil because you're old internet farts like me, the podcast I Don't Even Own a Television had its founder on to do an book called Sass Girls X. It is a book by a man who is obsessed with Hentai and video games, and it sound amazing AUG.

http://www.idontevenownatelevision.com/2016/07/11/059-sass-girls-x-w-k-thor-jensen/

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

They do know that Tesla was super into chastity, right?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

You know as well as I do that there's a stripe of autistic who like to ignore that Tesla's genius was tied directly to being a crazy person with the guile of a hamster whose life was painful and lovely.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Because he felt the need to make sure that everyone knew that those women were "actually men"

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!

Guy Goodbody posted:

Because he felt the need to make sure that everyone knew that those women were "actually men"

I thought the Thai ladyboy thing was all about cross-dressing instead of being transgender specifically. Am I just mistaken?

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Guy Goodbody posted:

"Beware of Penis" is a bit more crass even if it is more accurate

DeusExMachinima posted:

I thought the Thai ladyboy thing was all about cross-dressing instead of being transgender specifically. Am I just mistaken?

Your only mistake is trying to apply terminology from one culture/language onto a phenomena from a very different culture.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I wish we could export first world white people morality to all these lovely third world transphobic na'er-do-wells. There's gotta be a way. Maybe if we all put our heads together....

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Pretty sure the guide was just saying that so they didn't have to deal with the paperwork when the lovely white guy murders the person they brought back to their hotel for having a penis.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

DeusExMachinima posted:

There are whole other concepts of gender out there, and not all of them translate nicely into English. Thailand in particular is extremely fluid with gender presentation and pronouns. Take a look at Fa'afafine (Samoa's third gender) for a useful start.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Guy Goodbody posted:

probsbly because he knew most of the Americans wanted a woman without a penis and this avoided any confusion and possible violence

InevitableCheese
Jul 10, 2015

quite a pickle you've got there
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP7SFNXSNVA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gx_b4VUN1aI

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

I think a worse place to have a clapper would be solidly lodged in your arteries.

TheHomerTax
Dec 26, 2012

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Pull up, thread, pull up!

http://m.imgur.com/gallery/93SzhzP

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Cowslips Warren posted:

Possibly. Not to excuse him, but the second guide was also careful to point out that the ladies were in fact men, because he had had some bad experiences in the past with the idiot tourists doing very stupid poo poo when they found out the truth after a few beers.

The idea of the 'exotic native beauty' in coconut shells and a grass skirt had become local legend. Most people, save in the super tourist areas, wore loving jeans and normal shirts. But they had to play a part in the other area of town because no tourist would buy the idea of a native Polynesian wearing Nike. I don't blame the tour guides for being curt and possibly bigots when they were trying to avoid stupid Americans from attacking people and trying to keep the tourism boards happy.

What? People from other countries behaving normally and not conforming to decades old demeaning stereotypes? I refuse to believe it!

And on the transphobic stuff: On first reading I thought you meant that the "exotic beauties" were men in skirts trying to scam/rob drunk tourists, as opposed to just being normal transwomen having a bit of fun with some tourists.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug

What? People from other countries behaving normally and not conforming to decades old demeaning stereotypes? I refuse to believe it!

And on the transphobic stuff: On first reading I thought you meant that the "exotic beauties" were men in skirts trying to scam/rob drunk tourists, as opposed to just being normal transwomen having a bit of fun with some tourists.

My understanding was that it was the former, as well.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

This is something we talk about in my tourism studies in school, that people assume non-Western countries are still these ancient exotic places and then get shocked when everyone is basically just like them. A friend of mine recently went to China to try and get that classic shot of the elderly fisherman with the cormorants, and when he arrived, found that all those shots are paid actors/models posing for tourist photos.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Funnier than Jeff Dunham.

oldpainless posted:

probsbly because he knew most of the Americans wanted a woman without a penis and this avoided any confusion and possible violence

Great. Another negative American stereotype.

DeusExMachinima posted:

If you won't gently caress a transperson YOU'RE a transphobic jerk!!!

Statistically, everyone on this forum whose had sex at least once, has had sex with a trans person and not know it.

MageMage has a new favorite as of 12:09 on Oct 21, 2016

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

MageMage posted:

Statistically, everyone on this forum whose had sex at least once, has had sex with a trans person and not know it.

Wow, your red text is appropriate goddamn.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

MageMage posted:

Do you get your statistics from the Donald J. Trump Library?

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Last night, I was close to making a post along the lines of "I have a feeling this derail is going to get less educational and more... derail-y soon. Tread carefully." And then I thought maybe I was being prudish. Turns out I was wrong. This derail is over, folks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

MageMage posted:

Didn't know your mom was trans

• Locked thread