Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

texaholic posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/58jlsw/there_should_be_a_trials_emblem_only_given_to/

I don't do trials but find this hilarious, reddit wants an emblem for people who can't go flawless.

I would play harder to poo poo on people I saw with that emblem than I would a lighthouse game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Awesome! posted:

lol i like the mouse emblem though

gently caress him I don't want some runner-up emblem.
If I play trials it's only to clear bounties in the hope of gaining mad loot, I don't give a gently caress about flawless.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Trials already has loser emblems anyway. Surprise, no one uses them.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Does full auto do anything negative to range or accuracy on a shotgun?

Cuz I got a full auto ag bals rifled barrel rangefinder matador and I'm just curious

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

remember that graph they showed awhile ago for mida usage before they nerfed it? i wonder what the matador graph looks like

Loving Leader
Sep 17, 2004

HOT PIE COMIN THROUGH
What a great night for HM. poooM at his best.

https://clips.twitch.tv/lovingleader/MagnificentFlamingoOneHand

Reaction was the best

https://clips.twitch.tv/lovingleader/DistinctSquidSeemsGood

Loving Leader fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Oct 21, 2016

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

lol

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
I should mail el B/pooM my eX-box and let him have my account he seems like a fun dude

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Warlock jumps are stupid.

absolomb
Nov 26, 2004
Putting the "emo" back in "chemotherapy".

A truly blessed evening

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FishBulb posted:

Does full auto do anything negative to range or accuracy on a shotgun?

Cuz I got a full auto ag bals rifled barrel rangefinder matador and I'm just curious

Nothing negative that I've seen. Ive got the same roll on my curtain call and its cool for getting two shots off really quickly.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Spent some time with the new PDX.

So,

vs

SPO12, PB, CB, SB vs SPO19, HF, CB, RB

Verdict: First one by a country mile. The 29 additional stability is far more usable than the range of HF+RB. Yes, you can map someone with HF+RB but its going to take you 5+ bursts to do it. The grouping on the HF+RB is nearly straight up and down but the gun settles far to the left of the last burst fired. Lots of correction is needed. SPO19 is a far better sight but it doesn't make up for the fact that PB/CB/SB is just plain easier to use. Even if you didn't pick up #1 from a few Arms Day's ago I don't think #2 is really worth picking up. It's finicky and at best I was finding myself only landing 1 maybe 2 rounds in a burst as a crit.

Like wrecks pointed out a few pages ago I think the best of both worlds is going to be SPO19, Perfect Balance, Counterbalance and Rifled.

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Oct 21, 2016

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
I have all the hardmode weapons after one go through on heroic, except for sidearm but who gives a gently caress.

Sniper and HMG seems sweet. Pulse seems cool too. Hand Cannon seems like trash but I dunno.

Also got another class item, still no helmet.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Thorn bounty is some wefare poo poo.

Did 40% in 4 games of clash mayhem. Y1 Thorn took me around 2 weeks of grinding and sniping and had the end result that i was a lot better at PvP when i finished it.

This current Thorn bounty has taught me that its easy as poo poo to hot tail it round small maps shotgunning people at close range.

I think that Bungies insistence at listening to their "community" has spoilt large parts of the game. People moaned and moaned like gently caress about Thorn in Y1 to the point it became overwhelming, but it was a hard as gently caress quest and you got a decent reward at the end. Quests should be hard, and give you interesting stuff even at the risk of it being OP, if people moan about that then tough poo poo, at least its interesting and varied. Its a huge miss from Bungie in my opinion and one that has come directly from them blanding their content out to quieten a vocal minority of disgusting nerds.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Controversial opinion: the raid hmg needs more stability. Even with the stability perk feels like super good advice with a legendary paintjob

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

hitchensgoespop posted:

Thorn bounty is some wefare poo poo.

Did 40% in 4 games of clash mayhem. Y1 Thorn took me around 2 weeks of grinding and sniping and had the end result that i was a lot better at PvP when i finished it.

This current Thorn bounty has taught me that its easy as poo poo to hot tail it round small maps shotgunning people at close range.

I think that Bungies insistence at listening to their "community" has spoilt large parts of the game. People moaned and moaned like gently caress about Thorn in Y1 to the point it became overwhelming, but it was a hard as gently caress quest and you got a decent reward at the end. Quests should be hard, and give you interesting stuff even at the risk of it being OP, if people moan about that then tough poo poo, at least its interesting and varied. Its a huge miss from Bungie in my opinion and one that has come directly from them blanding their content out to quieten a vocal minority of disgusting nerds.

You did it in mayhem of course it's easy as poo poo.

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

el B posted:

You did it in mayhem of course it's easy as poo poo.

Nice victim blaming

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse
Xur is in the tower by the jukebox, selling immolation fists, skyburners, the stag, hawkmoon, and legacy engram helmet

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

el B posted:

dude i just did a pubby raid where the same titan jumped straight over aksis twice missing the slam both times. i dont even

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
THE STAG

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

THE BIG DOG DADDY fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Oct 21, 2016

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Menstrual Show posted:

https://discord.gg/RERa2

I made a thing. I know lots of goons use PGS to find games but if you feel like joining a discord to coordinate runs or whatever then great go ahead and use this.

I'd personally like to use it for finding trials pals because PGS is a pain.

The link is good for another 15 hours or something so it's not working PM me here or holler at PSN sinaddr and I'll send you an invite.

Also made a new PS4 clan because now they're actually worth a poo poo in the new UI so if you want to join let me know as well.

You can also join #desintygoons on synirc because there are already tons of people are in there all the time setting up groups. Also, the Goon Button Presser clan is alive and well and full of active people.

Not that people shouldn't do your thing if they want, but all this stuff already exists.

Lumpy fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Oct 21, 2016

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Or if you're a cool xbox owner you use slack and lurk a bunch.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

I love that gif

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Wont all of this bespoke LFG poo poo be useless when XBOX releases their built in LFG/CLUBS feature?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

I am, and will remain, the titan wearing the war numen's crown way in the back-right that you barely see.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Buff Dudes are all about throwing towels and locker room chat and stuff

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

I'm gonna use the raid HC next week to kill shanks and y'all can't stop me. Don't tell me how to live my life

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Good morning

el B posted:

Yes. Yes they are.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Hey I don't know how to turn this into a gifv from work but does anyone want to do trials sometime? Enclosed is my resume. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ui88iUHBfZo

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I was hoping the first warlock exotic boots would modify their jumps to give titan style jumping.

And the second warlock boots would give the hunter double jump.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
Didn't you scrubs ever play Super Mario Bros. 3? The Warlock glide is just the Raccoon tail.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

TaurusOxford posted:

Didn't you scrubs ever play Super Mario Bros. 3? The Warlock glide is just the Raccoon tail.

And titan is the invulnerability star which is better in every way.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Our raid experience last night.

http://i.imgur.com/GuhAUTN.gifv

TaurusOxford posted:

No they jump like Peach from 2.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

FishBulb posted:

Our raid experience last night.

http://i.imgur.com/GuhAUTN.gifv

SBHM

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

xzzy posted:

I was hoping the first warlock exotic boots would modify their jumps to give titan style jumping.
Ok, would someone just give me the lowdown on why everyone is ragging so bad on Warlock jumping and why the Titan version is so much better?

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Sylphosaurus posted:

Ok, would someone just give me the lowdown on why everyone is ragging so bad on Warlock jumping and why the Titan version is so much better?

My jump cost a late night fee
Your jump got the HIV
My jump plays on the double feature screen
Your jump went straight to DVD

My jump, bigger than a bridge
Your jump look like a little kid's
My jump, large like the Chargers, the whole team
No poo poo look like you fourteen

My jump, locked in a cage, right
Your jump suffer from stage fright
My jump, so hot, it's stolen
Your jump look like Gary Coleman

My jump, pink and big
Your jump stinks like poo poo
My jump got a Caesar do,
Your jump needs a tweezer, dude

My jump is like super size
Your jump look like two fries
My jump, more mass than the Earth
Your jump, half staff, it needs work

My jump, been there done that
Your jump sits there with dunce cap
My jump, V.I.P.
Your poo poo needs I.D.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Warlock jumps serve no purpose but to slowly fall into a hole. This is the exact opposite of what a jump is intended to accomplish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Menstrual Show
Jun 3, 2004

Lumpy posted:

You can also join #desintygoons on synirc because there are already tons of people are in there all the time setting up groups. Also, the Goon Button Presser clan is alive and well and full of active people.

Not that people shouldn't do your thing if they want, but all this stuff already exists.

its 2016 irc is deader and gayer than the somethingawful forums.

guardian.gg is back up hooray!

• Locked thread