Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Tomorrow (or today, in Japan), please take time out of your busy schedule to love Sae-han, on her birthday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
Hm, I think I'm confusing all my producers and producer-related comics. Which one is the one with the 5-Uzuki deck in deremas. That's the best p-san.

Also hello SSR Fujiwara I will never get. Potteryidol is neat~

Sylphid posted:

Tomorrow (or today, in Japan), please take time out of your busy schedule to love Sae-han, on her birthday.

I like that she appears to have selected the entire menu, going off the wall in the background.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Zenostein posted:

Hm, I think I'm confusing all my producers and producer-related comics. Which one is the one with the 5-Uzuki deck in deremas. That's the best p-san.

I'm a fan of this one, even though it's Deresute.
Technically 5 Uzuki.

https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/2280195

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

graybook posted:

I'm a fan of this one, even though it's Deresute.
Technically 5 Uzuki.

https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/2280195

Yeah, that's the one! I can't believe I forgot Uzuki[in the background] lol

Much like that Haruna, deremas is close enough~

That's the best p-san.

e:
This is painful.

But it finally got me a Shin, so that's okay, I guess.

Also hey check out this sweet kancolle crossover

The best rooms to play spot-the-ghost, by the way. A+

Zenostein fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Oct 18, 2016

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
I spend the entire event not getting a single Shin Sato until I got 15k points and got one just by getting those points, when I get one via lucky drop at the end of the Party I did just now.

But I ain't interested in Shin. I want one more Midori so I have a Star Level 15 SR for future Caravans. Though, I suppose the Level 14 one I have now is acceptable if that does not come to pass (I'm not going to go out of my way to make it come to pass).

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

best girl

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

graybook posted:

best girl

I am so glad he is a character, and not just a sorta ghostly existence with no face. So glad.

There are two SR cool Rikos?
Why do I have so many Rikos.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Bam

Got my 15th Midori with less than an hour to go in the event. I shall make any and all future Caravans humble.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
A link went out in here a while back, but for those who missed it and nightly lament their misfortune, crying into their pillows: come join us in the unofficial ADTRW discord! It's largely chat thread folk, but idol crew is well represented (and really the chat thread is just the second idol thread). We have a dedicated idol game channel that gets a good amount of chatter, and it's fun!

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz5i2Ftmp7I

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

That's a nice little detail. What a good sister.

lol

Oh hey a Riina Natsukichi event

Yay~

Zenostein fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Oct 18, 2016

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
I thought this was really interesting. From the Starlight Stage tumblr I use.

Starlight Stage tumblr posted:

The 4th Anniverary concert was just this past weekend! Lots of interesting things like seiyuu cosplaying their characters in idolized form! There’s been lots of love going around for all the seiyuu on twitter, which includes Asuka Shinomiya’s seiyuu, Shiki Aoki (aka Eerie, aka Maou), who’s been known as both a cosplayer and a gamer. Something that y'all may notice in her twitter description (it’s been in there for a while, apparently), is that she mentions LGBT: FtX. And that I just italicized that. Which means I’ll be writing about that here! Awkward segue!

What does FtX mean?

I don’t know.

But we have google, so I’ve learned what I can and cobbled this together from what I can find (but please please feel free to correct me, and message me on my own tumblr if I’ve misunderstood something!):

For starters, FtX means Female-to-X.In a Japanese context, X-gender has been described as a trans identity that is neither male nor female. It’s used in the same way that either nonbinary or genderqueer would used in English. I should note here that, in our context as English-speakers, though identifying as trans is seen as different from either of these things, the trans identity has been defined differently in Japanese psychology due to early Japanese trans activist movements, which I assume is why X-gender is defined as such. No mention on Eerie’s part if her pronouns should be any different though.

And there you have it! LGBTQIA representation isn’t quite where it should be just yet. As her own gender identity is something she openly mentions, I figured there’s people in the iM@S fandom for whom this may matter.

Thank you! I saw a little bit of this on twitter and I think it’s really cool and amazing. Props to them!

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/hikawa21/status/788368397763391488

A doll of herself is a very Sachiko-like present.

I guess she learned from the box that some things shouldn't be done yourself.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
The Fumika tag on Danbooru got bombarded by a bunch of images from some Twitter account, I dunno. Anyway

Her pathetic <3 shape in the last picture is just too cute for words. Fumika is truly an angel, born in Heaven.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Man, more than Rock the Beat, M+ of the event song is more Slide to the Beat

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Hm. Sure enough, it's just two people, too. Center and center-left, if you were wondering.

So how long has キミとボクのミライ been in the song list? …and same question, but for the flying granblue guy in the background. Seems he's only on that song, so uh I guess it's a granblue song? What a deep collab.

f.e. Oh there it is in the collab event notice, No.1.

real edit: holy poo poo M+ is like 2/3 slides. Endless goddamn back-and-forthing lol

Zenostein fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Oct 20, 2016

Christmas Cake
Dec 25, 2008

Zenostein posted:

The best rooms to play spot-the-ghost, by the way. A+

Could always use more competition.
Have you spotted the fish in the other room? Much harder to hide.

Zenostein posted:

Seems he's only on that song, so uh I guess it's a granblue song? What a deep collab.

Original version has a couple of 765 veterans too for what it's worth.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

i like their handle. its like they uploaded that video with the intention of being The Granblue Music Account and then forgot two minutes later

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Christmas Cake posted:

Could always use more competition.
Have you spotted the fish in the other room? Much harder to hide.

Original version has a couple of 765 veterans too for what it's worth.

I don't pop into second rooms that often — is there just the one hidden tuna? The flowers and also your idols are doing a pretty good job of hiding it, I think.

I think my favorite is that someone made like, a fishery. Just tuna lined up on a concrete floor with a bunch of fridges and iceboxes laying around. Although it's a bit difficult to imagine Chieri and Karen cutting up fish…

Space Flower posted:

i like their handle. its like they uploaded that video with the intention of being The Granblue Music Account and then forgot two minutes later

What are you talking about, nothing is more granblue than Mario Kart.
Although I'm stuck on one of their liked videos being "1620p." What the hell uses a resolution of nx1620 (setting aside that it's just the ED to Saki…)

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

real edit: holy poo poo M+ is like 2/3 slides. Endless goddamn back-and-forthing lol

Can't wait to play that once for the clear reward and then never again

Zenostein posted:

Although I'm stuck on one of their liked videos being "1620p." What the hell uses a resolution of nx1620 (setting aside that it's just the ED to Saki…)

n=1440. 1.125:1 sounds like a real resolution, but it doesn't seem like anything actually uses it

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
I am ready for Eli's birthday.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Eli's birthday gave my alt account enough gems.

I've said it elsewhere, but AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I mean, sure, it'd be infinitely better if it were on my main, but this is still wonderful

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
drat, it's been so long since Love Letter that I thought my high score ranking (151,012) was my event ranking (26,056), and I was really thinking this was going to be one rough event. I don't think I'll do great at this event overall, but I will do what I must to get both Rock-chan and Rocker-chan.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Polsy posted:

Can't wait to play that once for the clear reward and then never again

n=1440. 1.125:1 sounds like a real resolution, but it doesn't seem like anything actually uses it

I mean, yeah youtube offers a 1440p, but I thought in this new era of "only mentioning one dimension of a resolution" it was always the vertical? Then again, I'm not entirely sure where youtube center gets its resolution data from. That ratio sounds like yet another weird cinema thing, though.

Also it seriously wasn't that bad on M+, but I also don't think my right hand did anything but go back and forth across two notes for the vast majority of the song. Sometimes they have you go left twice, just to make sure you can't get a decent combo by mindlessly sliding back and forth. …still want a healer though.

The nice thing about that granblue song is that because it's a four-person one, it neatly resolved my having two karens in the unit by ignoring the second one completely.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

8-gem day, not even counting any gems from the event (looks to be 2 for me before the day is out). That's pretty sweet.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I think my next reward tier in ensif is scouting ticket. I'm not halfway to my goal. Saturday is going to be grind heavy.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

I mean, yeah youtube offers a 1440p, but I thought in this new era of "only mentioning one dimension of a resolution" it was always the vertical? Then again, I'm not entirely sure where youtube center gets its resolution data from. That ratio sounds like yet another weird cinema thing, though.

It is, (one of) the stated resolutions is 1440x1620. I don't know where that's actually coming from, though, certainly not the video. I guess I should've said 1:1.125, technically.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
Congrats cant

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Hnnnnnggggggggggggggg

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Eli's birthday gave my alt account enough gems.

I've said it elsewhere, but AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I mean, sure, it'd be infinitely better if it were on my main, but this is still wonderful

DIE??????

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

I have no idea why, but it's pretty weird that your unit for the granblue song is mirrored but only in 2d, for some reason?

I thought it was from how they pull the two units for duo songs, but those stay in their L-> order, so I have no idea now.

e. Wait no, I was remembering right that's just weird.

Also the puchis for that song tell a very different story than the 3d ones do…Poor Minami

e. oh my god in-game figurine for your room? hahaha
vvv An out-of-game figurine for your room? Nice!

Zenostein fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Oct 21, 2016

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
my Nico is in Chicago!

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

my Nico is in Chicago!

Mine was last pinged in NYC!

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Sorry I am late Eli, I promise I didn't forget.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

e. oh my god in-game figurine for your room? hahaha

well, it's real, if you want it to be

https://twitter.com/aniplex_plus/status/789080968153878528

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

That's actually really cute.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Aside from, I'm guessing, Nana's voice actor in the back with the bunny ears and P-chan, I wish I could put names to the real lifedols.

Upon closer inspection, I can also ID New Gens in the middle there, mainly because Rin's VA looks like an 30-year old Rin. Oh, and Miku, but that's too easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Sylphid posted:

Aside from, I'm guessing, Nana's voice actor in the back with the bunny ears and P-chan, I wish I could put names to the real lifedols.

Upon closer inspection, I can also ID New Gens in the middle there, mainly because Rin's VA looks like an 30-year old Rin. Oh, and Miku, but that's too easy.

Under Nana, I see a nico nico nii nyowa and next to her what is maybe Mika's hand sign.