Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

blue footed boobie posted:

Supposedly you should run to the back line and cross to the far post. It hasn't really worked out that great for me, though.

That's the thing that got nerfed, anything from the back line gets grabbed by the keeper now

Also I didn't think to look at traits, if one has power header and you do headers a lot then that's reasonable, you convinced me

Stefan Prodan fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Oct 19, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Does anyone know how to actually check if I unblocked the Fifa (not PSN) ports successfully? I'm on a 1 gb fiber line and I haven't had a non laggy match in literally days

Not like packet loss and stuttering but just huge delay on everything, feels like 300 ms ping at least

Is there a big security risk if I just make my ps4 a dmz? Will that stop other computers on the network from using ports that I haven't specifically forwarded to them? Right now I'm just using upnp which I understand is not ideal but better than having a dmz.

Stefan Prodan fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Oct 19, 2016

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Well if you had real networking problems, like a firewall was blocking these ports, I think you wouldn't get a game at all, not just laggy.

https://help.ea.com/en-tr/help/fifa/fifa-17/fifa-17-ports/ lists all the TCP and UDP ports used, so if you think it'll help, feel free. But doing a quick nmap, I don't see those ports listening for anything, so I can't imagine how forwarding from your router or DMZing your PS4 will help.

ManoliIsFat fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Oct 20, 2016

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
So yeah some guy on reddit repeated most of the experiments that people came up with during Chemgate and found that the stat distribution advertised by EA is wrong, I didn't actually read it in depth but I think the stat boosts are still large and in some cases even larger - https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/58ffrp/finally_figured_out_chem_boosts_down_to_a_science/

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
Later today, I'll figure out how to cut the clip of us Making Parmos Great Again.

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
It's great being left handed..you can jerk off and still keep the mouse on the right side of the keyboard

emanresu tnuocca posted:

So yeah some guy on reddit repeated most of the experiments that people came up with during Chemgate and found that the stat distribution advertised by EA is wrong, I didn't actually read it in depth but I think the stat boosts are still large and in some cases even larger - https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/58ffrp/finally_figured_out_chem_boosts_down_to_a_science/

Given these two sections

"I tested out brAzilian striker Adriano with 70 dribbling + 15with sniper chem. And he was able to get to 86 dribbling and do the step over. Once I removed the 10 ind chem. Even tho he still had the 3 chevrons in dribbling. He was no longer able to do it. Also tested maestro which gives +10. Guys with 75 dribbling and 10 chem could do the step over. Guys on 9 chem could not.
Guys with 81 dribbling with maestro and on 7 chem could also do it. Because full chem maestro boost 10 dribbling but 7 chem boost only one of 2 chevrons to dribbling giving you +5 in game dribbling.
I also tested several players with 85 dribbling and Chems that didn't boost dribble. And when on 10 chem they could do the step over. Off of 10 chem they could not."

AND

I can also attest to the fact that players with about 77 pace with Hunter chem so seem much faster. At least in comparison to LBs with 87-88 pace. I've seen my draxler with Hunter chem pull away from a few LB/RBs. But I also agree that sometimes guys don't feel like they're getting that plus 10 boost. Like my Griezmann doesn't feel like he has 97 pace with a Hunter card. So Its tricky with pace.

Makes me think it is a case of diminishing returns. It seems like raising a stat from 77 to 85 has a more noticeable effect compared to raising a stat from 85 to 97.

I never really used chem cards but I'm going to test out raising my players important stats and see if it has an impact.

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
Here's a diagram of how a typical attack goes with my pro club team

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
So I'm going all in(in a most likely ill-advised way) on the Spartak/CSKA matchup for next weekend. I am banking on there not being a gold requirement and snapping up all the Milanov cards I can. He's a rare silver that can be had for ~400 coins if you catch the right auctions(I think I paid 450-500 on a few BINs).

There's currently like 12 of his cards on the market total(I have about 14 in my trade pile). Anyone want to get in on this? It's fairly low risk with there being so few cards available, looking at a 5-7k investment(will probably be able to get back 3-4k if he's not SBC worthy).

If he's a useable card in the SBC, judging from the past SBCs, he should be able to sell for a couple k I'd think(if we truly control the market though we might be able to sell for 5k+). I know in the Korean challenge there were bronze players selling for 10k.

I didn't really pick him in the most sophisticated way unfortunately, there are a couple cheap gold CAMs on both teams, so it might be a bust, but there are just so few of the Milanov card out there that I think it might work.There were tons of Korean players whose prices shot up to crazy amounts even though there were a lot of options at most positions.

Edit: forgot to mention, I would have grabbed all the other available cards but my transfer pile is full since I only have the 70 spot transfer list.

DoctaFun fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Oct 20, 2016

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I sold Cheol for 9k. So you can still make coins off of non rare gold cards. Keep that in mind. Gambling on the marquee matchups seems like a good way to get burned. I'll probably avoid it.

I qualified for the weekend league in my second try. I think I lost 1-0 in the finals the first time. This game is becoming increasingly unfun the better people get/the more there is at stake. The defense really needs to be reworked as it stands because "counter attack" is ruining everything. Counter attack this year has basically zero risk for a huge upside. In previous editions you'd be allowing a lot of build up play/dribbling outside your box which obviously should be dangerous. This year you have your iron curtain defense never caught out of position and they don't give up goals because they are far too capable of stamping out any close passing or dribbling near the box. Going one goal up then playing counter attack + defensive basically grants you a win. Interceptions need to be dialed up a decent amount and defenders should not magnetically win the ball after touching a player. It's a simple balance between interceptions and tackling that they hosed up last year by making everyone Kante so this year they decided to go completely in the other direction and make everyone Maldini.

The only formations I'm playing now have wingers because at least they are still fun and dribbling is a less tedious way of breaking down counter attacking rather than making 1,000 passes and hoping you draw the opponent out. Two things I noticed. heads up dribbling is back after the patch and probably the best thing you could learn right now. Bust it out in the middle of a sprint and you can juke defenders really hard. People haven't caught onto it yet. It's really great for lateral movement and ok for backwards. Also since I was getting frustrated with how people were playing I experimented with some new play styles. The 51212 on counter attack with your wing backs set to "always overlap" is a lot of fun and takes everyone off guard. If you don't do counter attack your 3 cbs will be too close together if the opponent makes a break (you'll be playing most of the game defending with 3 cbs as the wing backs are always up the pitch). The wing backs make really good runs and confuse people and the formation gives you lots of opportunity to make long passes in space. I play it on attacking and it's the opposite of what people expect when it comes to 5atb. It's basically the Florenzi formation.

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Oct 20, 2016

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

T Bowl posted:

The fact that 90% of posts in this thread are about all your retarded FUT squads makes this thread suck.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

No one's stopping from posting about your sick pro club plays or who you bought in manager mode. Go crazy.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!

Seltzer posted:

I sold Cheol for 9k. So you can still make coins off of non rare gold cards. Keep that in mind. Gambling on the marquee matchups seems like a good way to get burned. I'll probably avoid it.

I have a bunch of non rare gold cards stocked up for some hopeful marquees, I think if you're confident in the marquee matchup then the cheap golds are always going to pay off.

The only reason I'm trying this thing with Milanov is that there are just so few silver/bronze cards on the market compared to gold. I think so many people just look online for a solution to the SBCs they don't even realize there are hundreds of solutions possible. Or are just lazy. Or they think, 'use silvers they are cheaper' without really checking. Whatever the reason, there are so few of his cards on the market that it could be possible to make a killing. I have a ton of golds that will probably sell for 2-4x their normal value, which is great. But there were people who bought up all the rare bronze/silver korean rare cards and sold them for like 9k more than they paid. Going for the homerun with little risk(as most of his cards will sell for 400-500 without any SBC considerations).

As long as you don't overspend on them then it's really pretty low risk, so being 'burned' probably means losing a few k overall(obviously there's opportunity cost with all of this as well, but that goes for any type of trading strategy). Unlike investing in a dozen IFs hoping they rise only to have them fall by 5k each or something.

I have a bunch of dudes bought up for the Tigres/Monterrey game next weekend and if it doesn't get featured I'll lose like 20-30 coins per card because I got them open bid for minimum price. It will take a bit to sell all of them most likely, but

Filthee Fingas
Jan 5, 2004
It's great being left handed..you can jerk off and still keep the mouse on the right side of the keyboard

DoctaFun posted:

I have a bunch of non rare gold cards stocked up for some hopeful marquees, I think if you're confident in the marquee matchup then the cheap golds are always going to pay off.

The only reason I'm trying this thing with Milanov is that there are just so few silver/bronze cards on the market compared to gold. I think so many people just look online for a solution to the SBCs they don't even realize there are hundreds of solutions possible. Or are just lazy. Or they think, 'use silvers they are cheaper' without really checking. Whatever the reason, there are so few of his cards on the market that it could be possible to make a killing. I have a ton of golds that will probably sell for 2-4x their normal value, which is great. But there were people who bought up all the rare bronze/silver korean rare cards and sold them for like 9k more than they paid. Going for the homerun with little risk(as most of his cards will sell for 400-500 without any SBC considerations).

As long as you don't overspend on them then it's really pretty low risk, so being 'burned' probably means losing a few k overall(obviously there's opportunity cost with all of this as well, but that goes for any type of trading strategy). Unlike investing in a dozen IFs hoping they rise only to have them fall by 5k each or something.

I have a bunch of dudes bought up for the Tigres/Monterrey game next weekend and if it doesn't get featured I'll lose like 20-30 coins per card because I got them open bid for minimum price. It will take a bit to sell all of them most likely, but

I picked up a bunch of silvers for the Russian and championship matchup. Think your right in most of those going for more money compared to golds but the bulk of my trade pile is golds I've bought for cost. Obviously these won't go up as much but if I can make 2 to 3 times their cost I'll be happy.

Also hoping mane bangs in a couple goals on Saturday vs West Brom

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Seltzer posted:

No one's stopping from posting about your sick pro club plays or who you bought in manager mode. Go crazy.

This thread does need more highlights. I've got a backlog that I've been putting off editing recently, maybe I'll do that this weekend.

Personally, my eyes glaze over when someone writes friggin 4-5 full paragraphs on when to buy and sell random rear end motherfuckers in UT. Fortunately, I can just scroll by em. But you both make a fair point. This thread sucks, and it needs more awesome pro clubs clips.

Has anyone finished that Journey mode? I played a few times but never got into it. It's just so corny.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

TheBigAristotle posted:

This thread does need more highlights. I've got a backlog that I've been putting off editing recently, maybe I'll do that this weekend.

Personally, my eyes glaze over when someone writes friggin 4-5 full paragraphs on when to buy and sell random rear end motherfuckers in UT. Fortunately, I can just scroll by em. But you both make a fair point. This thread sucks, and it needs more awesome pro clubs clips.

Has anyone finished that Journey mode? I played a few times but never got into it. It's just so corny.

I got sent from Liverpool to Norwich and I'm currently ripping up the Championship. It's cheesy but actually a breath of fresh air as far as narrative goes.

edit:

Making Parmos Great Again:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoWiIuuYzpg

Blimpkin fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Oct 21, 2016

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

I finished it, the end is basically "To Be Continued" x 1,000 - hoping they actually extend it soon... don't want to spoiler anything but it's not that long a journey as it stands right now, and pretty anticlimactic, but I really enjoyed it and would like for there to be more so I guess that makes it a good and fun mode.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
Ok, now I've cut a real highlight, complete with a bass drop so you know its for real.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ0A9w1oeVw

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

The Fut halloween event sucks major rear end.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
It's funny what a difference playing at different hours of the day makes in regards to the skill level of your opponents.

Yesterday night I tried to qualify to the weekend league, I played 3 matches out of my four attempts, reached the finals twice and lost once in penalties and once in regular times, almost every match (even before the final) was challenging, good opponents who played very aggressive defense etc, it sucked rear end. I was too tired to play the fourth attempt and figured out it was probably gonna be simpler to attempt to qualify during the day, so this afternoon I tried again and won every match with 2+ goals. Don't waste your qualification attempts at odd hours in which only hardcore players play, I guess.

So yeah, gonna try the weekend league for the first time, I hope it doesn't suck.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I want to Parm, how do I get in on that poo poo, on ps4.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

hopterque posted:

I want to Parm, how do I get in on that poo poo, on ps4.

TheBigAristotle is the Manager, find us on PS4 and request a transfer? I don't know.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Fair warning, our version of Parmos is rife with corruption, backstabbing, and eventually it gets so crowded that the senior members just form a new club, usually after a few months.

It was all much more relaxed and care-free before we all got old and had to work all the time instead of playing all hours of the day during college/grad school.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

TheBigAristotle posted:

Fair warning, our version of Parmos is rife with corruption, backstabbing, and eventually it gets so crowded that the senior members just form a new club, usually after a few months.

It was all much more relaxed and care-free before we all got old and had to work all the time instead of playing all hours of the day during college/grad school.

tbf if you'd let Crabhat in then the team must be awful.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Blimpkin posted:

TheBigAristotle is the Manager, find us on PS4 and request a transfer? I don't know.

I tried searching for Parmos before and it wouldn't come up. Is just Parmos or Parmos FC?

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003

vivisectvnv posted:

I tried searching for Parmos before and it wouldn't come up. Is just Parmos or Parmos FC?

Parmos FC

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

The Big Taff Man posted:

tbf if you'd let Crabhat in then the team must be awful.

Haha perhaps the beginning of the end?

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
If you suck we will tell you in no uncertain terms, just fair warning, I'm too old to be patient and let players develop.

We're on a mission from God to win division 1

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The views expressed in this thread do not necessarily represent the views, opinions, or positions of Parmos FC.

Apache Chief
May 21, 2011

NattyBo posted:

If you suck we will tell you in no uncertain terms, just fair warning, I'm too old to be patient and let players develop.

We're on a mission from God to win division 1

if u can't handle me at my worst then u don't deserve me at my best

also everyone sucks and mates continues to be scared to play

Apache Chief fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Oct 22, 2016

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

Apache Chief posted:

also everyone sucks and mates continues to be scared to play

They're scared m8, can't lose to a bunch of yankees

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

TheBigAristotle posted:

Haha perhaps the beginning of the end?

:cool:

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
I packed Griezmann and Buffon, and I have Modric. Can anyone give me an idea on a good série a la liga hybrid?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Dirk Pitt posted:

I packed Griezmann and Buffon, and I have Modric. Can anyone give me an idea on a good série a la liga hybrid?

http://www.futhead.com/17/squads/1519665/

That one would be pretty good I'd think but kinda pricey, there are cheaper alternatives for a few players though.

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Blimpkin posted:

Parmos FC

wth still can't find you guys, even when i do ANY across the board

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal

emanresu tnuocca posted:

http://www.futhead.com/17/squads/1519665/

That one would be pretty good I'd think but kinda pricey, there are cheaper alternatives for a few players though.

👍 I can work with that. Need to sell some players but that is fine.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Is there an xbox one pro clubs with good posters?

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
There are good posters?

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Finally found a good 4* H2H team. Much as I hate it, Lazio.

E: Using custom tactics, custom instructions and non default formation. Still, pretty drat awesome.

NattyBo fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Oct 23, 2016

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

Toilet Rascal
drat Rakitić is so loving good at finessed long shots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I'm 6-1 in the weekend league and this poo poo is still frustrating. Counter attacking is sucking the life out of the game. I'll stop at either 8 wins or 11 for the rewards. I don't know how people have time to play all these games. The time frame is poo poo for people in the US. It should go through into monday a bit.

• Locked thread