Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
With this news about Charles I'm looking at contingency plans.

Would you rather have garbage man Rashad Jennings or toilet guy Matt Forte in your lineup this week? Full PPR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

decypher posted:

With this news about Charles I'm looking at contingency plans.

Would you rather have garbage man Rashad Jennings or toilet guy Matt Forte in your lineup this week? Full PPR.

Probably Forte :shrug:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Welp, Reed out for another week. Slotted Davis in for the weekend.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Poor Charles. Gotta say though, Ware's been the best 12th round pick I've ever had.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
.5 ppr, would you drop Tyrell Williams for Ty Montgomery?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

MacheteZombie posted:

.5 ppr, would you drop Tyrell Williams for Ty Montgomery?

Is there no one else you can drop? The RB situation in Green Bay is murky as hell, but I did enjoy playing Montgomery last night.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Bellmaker posted:

Poor Charles. Gotta say though, Ware's been the best 12th round pick I've ever had.

Man I picked up Ware and CMike as my last 2 picks, they really helped while I waited for Bell to Return. Charles owner has resisted all my trade offers to give him ware too, lol

But then again in my big money league I have Big Ben, Dez, and Doug Martin on my bench and Keenan Allen in my IR still for some reason. Gg

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Oct 21, 2016

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

Is there no one else you can drop? The RB situation in Green Bay is murky as hell, but I did enjoy playing Montgomery last night.

Maybe Chris Ivory? I'm not really WR needy so I don't need TyMo necessarily, just happen to like his play and I'm also a Packers fan.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I'd drop Ivory over Montgomery easy.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

RCarr posted:

I'd drop Ivory over Montgomery easy.

Was really hoping to get a solid year out of Ivory...

stupid mystery illness. Thanks RCarr.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I bet Ivory comes on strong maybe a month from now.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

89 posted:

I bet Ivory comes on strong maybe a month from now.

I'm tempted to hold him at least two more weeks to see. Him out touching Yeldon was nice, but he had less snaps than Yeldon so it might not mean much.

I think I might just have to miss out on the Ty train.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

MacheteZombie posted:

I'm tempted to hold him at least two more weeks to see. Him out touching Yeldon was nice, but he had less snaps than Yeldon so it might not mean much.

I think I might just have to miss out on the Ty train.

I'm probably talking out of my rear end here, but I think last night was probably Ty's high-water mark. If they were planning on keeping up the hybrid WR/RB role for him (which is something the Packers do like to do according to my Packers-fan friend who loving hates it?) I don't see why they'd sign Davis given that he's historically not very good and they already had Montgomery.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I'm completely guessing here but I assume Davis will be the redzone/goal line guy. Maybe?

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

VietCampo posted:

Man I picked up Ware and CMike as my last 2 picks, they really helped while I waited for Bell to Return. Charles owner has resisted all my trade offers to give him ware too, lol

But then again in my big money league I have Big Ben, Dez, and Doug Martin on my bench and Keenan Allen in my IR still for some reason. Gg

What's up Ware and CMike buddy?

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Leperflesh posted:

Which of the following garbage tier tight ends should I grab, if Charles Clay doesn't play?

Lance Kendricks TE - LA v NYG
C.J. Uzomah TE - CIN v CLE
Vernon Davis TE - WAS @DET
Virgil Green TE - DEN v HOU
Larry Donnell TE - NYG @LA (London)
Jermaine Gresham TE - ARI v SEA
Marcedes Lewis TE - JAX v OAK
Demetrius Harris TE - KC v. NO
Austin Hooper TE - ATL v SD
Levine Toilolo TE - ATL v SD
Anthony Fasano TE - TEN v IND
Will Tye TE - NYG @LA (London)
C.J. Fiedorowicz TE - HOU @DEN
CJ Fiedorowicz is probably the best bet in this list. He has been one of Osweiler's preferred checkdowns lately and has put up 14/194/2 in his last three games.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Leperflesh posted:

Which of the following garbage tier tight ends should I grab, if Charles Clay doesn't play?

Lance Kendricks TE - LA v NYG
C.J. Uzomah TE - CIN v CLE
Vernon Davis TE - WAS @DET
Virgil Green TE - DEN v HOU
Larry Donnell TE - NYG @LA (London)
Jermaine Gresham TE - ARI v SEA
Marcedes Lewis TE - JAX v OAK
Demetrius Harris TE - KC v. NO
Austin Hooper TE - ATL v SD
Levine Toilolo TE - ATL v SD
Anthony Fasano TE - TEN v IND
Will Tye TE - NYG @LA (London)
C.J. Fiedorowicz TE - HOU @DEN

I think Clay is going to play and if Robert Woods and Shady don't play, I feel like he'll get a lot of targets.

Out of that group? I like Vernon Davis. Cousins relies on his tight ends and that game is going to provide a lot of opportunities through the air.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Inspector_666 posted:

I'm probably talking out of my rear end here, but I think last night was probably Ty's high-water mark. If they were planning on keeping up the hybrid WR/RB role for him (which is something the Packers do like to do according to my Packers-fan friend who loving hates it?) I don't see why they'd sign Davis given that he's historically not very good and they already had Montgomery.

The Pack does. Maybe it only started when they got Cobb. It was usually a 4-5 times a game type deal (not sure if they'll increase that since it was successful against the lolbears), and I think to help preserve Cobb they'll use TyMo in that role going forward. It's not just the running opportunity that has me interested though. The 13 targets is impressive, but probably like to drop down at some point. TyMo did make the most of his opportunity, which is something worth noting considering the numerous "fill in" dudes we've all run out to pickup only for them to squander the chance with incompetence.

LmaoTheKid posted:

I'm completely guessing here but I assume Davis will be the redzone/goal line guy. Maybe?

I think this might be the case as well.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
I'm honestly kind of amazed that we haven't heard anything about Ivory's mystery illness. It seems like it was a big enough deal that it would have leaked (to the media) somewhere by now. Maybe it was just a really bad hangover and he's ashamed?

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

pubic works project posted:

What's up Ware and CMike buddy?

Wonder triplets powers, activate!

:hfive:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Inspector 34 posted:

I'm honestly kind of amazed that we haven't heard anything about Ivory's mystery illness. It seems like it was a big enough deal that it would have leaked (to the media) somewhere by now. Maybe it was just a really bad hangover and he's ashamed?

He had the trots, real bad.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Sorry JC owners, but Ima need him to sit this one out so Ware can somehow get me 50 points to make up for Jordy and Meredith.

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice

LmaoTheKid posted:

Starks is likely back in a couple weeks too. Maybe he takes over?

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

axelord posted:

Starks is likely back in a couple weeks too. Maybe he takes over?

It's possible, but Starks has looked like the worst back in the league.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
James Starks and fantasy football.

lol.

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice

VietCampo posted:

It's possible, but Starks has looked like the worst back in the league.

Yeah but that didn't stop the Packers from using him. Even in short yardage situations over Lacy. This is not a well coached team we are dealing with.

And for the Love of God please no one pick up Starks

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

axelord posted:

Yeah but that didn't stop the Packers from using him. Even in short yardage situations over Lacy. This is not a well coached team we are dealing with.

And for the Love of God please no one pick up Starks

Like somebody said earlier, Knile Davis is one of the worst RBs in the league statistically. They signed him to ostensibly replace Lacy.

(I have Knile on the team I had Lacy on but that league is a lost cause for me anyway.)

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Check out this about James White:

quote:

"In White’s past nine games with Tom Brady (Weeks 5 and 6 this year, and Weeks 11 to 17 last year), his 16-game pace would give him 183 fantasy points (261 in PPR leagues), with 78 catches and 821 receiving yards. Based on 2015 totals, that would have had him third among running backs in receptions, first in receiving yards, third in PPR scoring and seventh in standard scoring. White has put up 0.67 PPR fantasy points per opportunity (carries plus pass routes) in that time; only Tevin Coleman has topped that number this year among regular running backs."

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

LmaoTheKid posted:

They were sort of clearly missing the goal line guy last night.

The tricky bit of the whole thing is that they didn't really go to either Jackson or Davis much, and that whole role may be different next week after each has had some practice time.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Think Montgomery is worth dropping T Benjamin to take a flyer on?

My wr situation is garbo.

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice

89 posted:

Check out this about James White:

Yeah it's pretty much pump the brakes on Dion Lewis. There is no reason for the Pats to rush him back with White playing well.

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice

Quiet Feet posted:

I think I would ride it out with Montgomery as long as the Packers are using him as a RB/WR hybrid

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

axelord posted:

Yeah it's pretty much pump the brakes on Dion Lewis. There is no reason for the Pats to rush him back with White playing well.

But, also perfect if you have James White and Dion Lewis is in your IR spot :devil:

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Inspector_666 posted:

Like somebody said earlier, Knile Davis is one of the worst RBs in the league statistically. They signed him to ostensibly replace Lacy.

(I have Knile on the team I had Lacy on but that league is a lost cause for me anyway.)

It isn't that complicated. With Lacy done for the season and Starks done for a month at least, the RB corps consisted of WRs and practice squad. They needed a body. Davis either does ok and mixes in or does poo poo and is the 3rd stringer. Either way, they needed a body.

Quiet Feet posted:

No, don't drop the Chargers' WR1a or 1b for Ty Montgomery.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

VietCampo posted:

Sorry JC owners, but Ima need him to sit this one out so Ware can somehow get me 50 points to make up for Jordy and Meredith.

just lol if anyone didn't handcuff charles with ware

--signed, me, the guy who sniped ware super late in every league i could

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008
I drafted Ware in every league but 3 out of 4 I have Charles as well.

I had a trade offer of Michael Thomas for JC earlier this week that I declined. I am sick.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
So with Reed hurt my need to move players is now even more dramatic. There's a few moves I am considering. Half PPR with 3WR.

QB: Newton (Bye)
RB: David Johnson, Melvin Gordon, Matt Forte, Bilal Powell, Jacquizz Rodgers, Mike Gillislee
WR: TY Hilton, Marvin Jones, Dez Bryant, Stefon Diggs, Jordan Matthews
TE: Jordan Reed, Tyler Eifert
DST: Bills
PK: None

I already dropped John Brown for Eifert, but now I need space for a replacement QB and a kicker. I told people I was open to 2 for 1s but the only offer I got was to receive Antonio Brown for David Johnson and Jordan Matthews.

Given the above team, would you make an offer for Doug Martin? I was thinking Jordan Matthews and another player for him.

Alternatively what would be a good package offer for Amari Cooper? I saw the suggestion of packaging Marvin Jones with someone and think I could do that. Any ideas?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Tiptoes posted:

CJ Fiedorowicz is probably the best bet in this list. He has been one of Osweiler's preferred checkdowns lately and has put up 14/194/2 in his last three games.

pubic works project posted:

I think Clay is going to play and if Robert Woods and Shady don't play, I feel like he'll get a lot of targets.

Out of that group? I like Vernon Davis. Cousins relies on his tight ends and that game is going to provide a lot of opportunities through the air.

I missed that Griffin is also available, and my problem with Fiedorowicz is that Griffin also gets a fair amount of targets so they're splitting TE catches. But he does seem to have good stats lately. Unfortunately they're @ DEN so I think that discounts either of them pretty heavily this week.

I'll probably go with either Davis or C.J. Uzomah - he's facing the Browns and Tyler Eifert will be limited or out for sunday. I think it'd be funny if vernon davis suddenly became a good tight end after all these years of being bad. I remember back in 2013 where he was like the TE2 or 3 based on his 2012 production.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

So with Reed hurt my need to move players is now even more dramatic. There's a few moves I am considering. Half PPR with 3WR.

RB: David Johnson, Melvin Gordon, Matt Forte, Bilal Powell, Jacquizz Rodgers, Mike Gillislee

I already dropped John Brown for Eifert, but now I need space for a replacement QB and a kicker. I told people I was open to 2 for 1s but the only offer I got was to receive Antonio Brown for David Johnson and Jordan Matthews.

Given the above team, would you make an offer for Doug Martin? I was thinking Jordan Matthews and another player for him.

Alternatively what would be a good package offer for Amari Cooper? I saw the suggestion of packaging Marvin Jones with someone and think I could do that. Any ideas?

It's all about targeting an owner, not a player.

As a Cooper owner myself who is finally seeing his investment pay off, I'd be happy to take David Johnson (lol) and really nothing else from your team. Your window to buy low closed after week 4.

You do need another real WR, though. I'd actually see what you can get for Cam + one of your dead TE's. Maybe there's still someone who expects him to put up MVP numbers again, or a panicking Big Ben owner looking past Cam's bye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I'd consider packaging Forte and Powell for Doug.

• Locked thread