Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
im saving all my kief to put on bacon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!
For anyone interested in this kind of stuff, this Vice video is really interesting (most of the Weediquette series is good).
https://www.viceland.com/en_us/video/half-baked/56fae505be4ad699153772c4

They go over the weird piecemeal laws in DC and in Amsterdam. Apparently in DC you can give pot away but can't sell it.

Kelp Me! posted:

Honestly I don't even care how bad they tax it, it'll still be cheaper than buying on the street and the money will most likely be earmarked specifically for poo poo like roads and schools, AKA things I happily pay taxes for

And as mentioned before, there ability to go in and choose from 20+ strains is amazing.

Here in California all of the tax money will go to marijuana-related things. Some goes to medical marijuana research, some goes to studying the impact that legalization has, and in what I think is a smart move, $3 million each year will go to the Highway Patrol to be used for "developing protocols" for determining whether a driver is impaired due to marijuana. The rest of the money will be spent on youth drug education and treatment, and a ton will go to various non-profit groups that cover "job placement, mental health treatment, substance use disorder treatment, system navigation services, legal services to address barriers to reentry, and linkages to medical care for communities disproportionately affected by past federal and state drug policies."

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Michigan is still pushing back against full legalization, but I live right on the border of Detroit, so I get to openly smoke as long as I'm respectful. Out of my neighbors, a little over half smoke regularly. My dealer is an awesome dude and is always prompt for me, but being able to get variety at the store would be the best. Jealous of all you legal state people!

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.

Mnemosyne posted:

Here in California all of the tax money will go to marijuana-related things. Some goes to medical marijuana research, some goes to studying the impact that legalization has, and in what I think is a smart move, $3 million each year will go to the Highway Patrol to be used for "developing protocols" for determining whether a driver is impaired due to marijuana. The rest of the money will be spent on youth drug education and treatment, and a ton will go to various non-profit groups that cover "job placement, mental health treatment, substance use disorder treatment, system navigation services, legal services to address barriers to reentry, and linkages to medical care for communities disproportionately affected by past federal and state drug policies."

that sounds really cool

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
i drive high all the time tho

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

AugmentedVision posted:

i drive high all the time tho

then you probably don't get pulled over, we all know this.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mnemosyne posted:

For anyone interested in this kind of stuff, this Vice video is really interesting (most of the Weediquette series is good).
https://www.viceland.com/en_us/video/half-baked/56fae505be4ad699153772c4

They go over the weird piecemeal laws in DC and in Amsterdam. Apparently in DC you can give pot away but can't sell it.

And as mentioned before, there ability to go in and choose from 20+ strains is amazing.

What's nice is it didn't end up getting on the ballot as a heavily taxed schwag bar and gently caress everything else initiative. It's a 15 percent sales tax and medical users are exempt.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

bagmonkey posted:

then you probably don't get pulled over, we all know this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsN-G6W4d9A

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Yoink

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
where is weed from, where do you get it. is it a prank or is it real

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...

BUY IT.

Farg posted:

weed is in the ground, trying to climb out to find the sun. But Babylon is everywhere, stomping out all the growing things they can find.

SwampDonkey
Oct 13, 2006

by Smythe

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Hardawn posted:

You can watch Joey Diaz and Lee Start eat 1000mg "stars of death", gotta train to take those heroic doses.

I guess people do slab dabs? That has to be multiple grams at a time, fwiw

https://youtu.be/HBDTN1iT9Rc

If you just want to see someone doing gently caress off amounts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES5EbB1gxCg

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Farg posted:

Weed is from the gods.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Hot Smart ARYAN Girl posted:

I didn't think anything could make weed uncool, but calling it jazz cabbage just did it

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Yesssssss

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

weed is good only insofar as it helps to glorify God

if it is used in service of the Lord, it's good

if it's used for any other purpose it can be rather problematic

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
wife's travel grinder owns.

top two pieces are magnetic

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
I have a problem, i smoke very little so by the time i need to buy my last dealer have stopped dealing.

Like gently caress and new dealers are hesitant to deal me anything more than half oz. If they do they wont ever see me again so i cant build up a relationship. It sucks. So jealous of you guys in your legal states

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Jestery posted:

I have a problem, i smoke very little so by the time i need to buy my last dealer have stopped dealing.

Like gently caress and new dealers are hesitant to deal me anything more than half oz. If they do they wont ever see me again so i cant build up a relationship. It sucks. So jealous of you guys in your legal states

You gotta try and keep in contact with a dealer or try to start a friendship with them, I've been in your situation before and eventually I found a guy that I play GTA online with sometimes so I don't lose contact with him.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
work a week in foodservice or maintenance and you'll have all the hookups you'll ever need

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i cant imagine having any fewer than half a dozen or so weed hookups at any given time just in case

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

thathonkey posted:

i cant imagine having any fewer than half a dozen or so weed hookups at any given time just in case

Its a loving horrible feeling, sometimes you gotta take a month break in case a job drug tests you, then when you want to smoke again everyone is dry and your old dealers have stopped pushing. That's happened to me like twice.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
I was walking home last night, a random guy stopped me in the street on the pretext of asking if i had a rizla paper, and immediately offered me weed and gave me his number. This has happened like 3 times this month. Getting a connect is the easiest poo poo in the world.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i was at a cvs pharmacy near my house a few months back and this guy offered to sell me weed in the candy aisle

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
lol no one has ever approached me offering weed, maybe I look too much like a cop.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

Ive never been approached either. They must think I'm a narc because I can't imagine I look at all like a cop.

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona
hang out outside liquor stores at night

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I have no friends and therefore am stuck with one dealer who is about 50/50 if he'll have or not, and one guy who is even more inconsistent.

Back in Boston 3 of my closest friends and 3-4 of my regular social group were serious pot dealers :(

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Labes for days posted:

Ive never been approached either. They must think I'm a narc because I can't imagine I look at all like a cop.

Only time I've ever been approached were New Orleans in 2005 where I bought a bag of literally oregano, and Montreal in 2015 where 40CAD got me more dank bud then i could conceivably smoke in the 3 days I was there. Ended up leaving the bud I had left and the bowl I bought in the hollow of a tree in a park on Mt. St. Royal.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
learn to play fighting games. you'll find plenty of hookups

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.

AkumaHokoru posted:

learn to play fighting games. you'll find plenty of hookups

what if the only thing I do is Bison's scissor kicks over and over?

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
you know you can buy weed on the internet right

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

reallivedinosaur posted:

you know you can buy weed on the internet right

that seems really complicated and would require way more advanced planning than i am used to :shrug:

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

a bone to pick posted:

Its a loving horrible feeling, sometimes you gotta take a month break in case a job drug tests you, then when you want to smoke again everyone is dry and your old dealers have stopped pushing. That's happened to me like twice.

Don't have a weed contact? Go to a gas station, buy a 99 cent pack of cigarillos. A dealer will materialize within three attempts.

Mandator
Aug 28, 2007

Mandator posted:

Don't have a weed contact? Go to a gas station, buy a 99 cent pack of cigarillos. A dealer will materialize within three attempts.

I'm not joking, this is how I'm always able to find weed no matter where I am.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
I just go to the bar and ask around, but I'm in Miami so it's probably easier than most places

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

thathonkey posted:

i was at a cvs pharmacy near my house a few months back and this guy offered to sell me weed in the candy aisle

Lmao that owns

Is everyone high right now please go and solve this if you aren't, this is a crisis, you must be high its Sunday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zorodius
Feb 11, 2007

BUY IT.

thathonkey posted:

that sounds really convenient, to get your weed and candy at the same time