Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

The Snoo posted:

ooo I'm totally getting this for my husband for christmas :neckbeard: thank you!!

also my FWP is that he got sick (probably from all the grody kids that run around at his work) and now I'm sick. :(

It's not the cheapest but it's an amazing product. One of the things I like the most is that it's extremely small for it's capacity. Insulated mugs tend to be quite huge. I don't know how they can make the insulation that good when it's that small (or why other don't do the same!)

---

And now for a new problem. My great pair of expensive headphones makes my ears slightly hot and get slightly uncomfortable after hours of wear. I have to remove them for 10 minutes or so and then I can't concentrate because of all my coworkers constantly speaking in the teachers lounge :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I got a new screen for my broken Kindle and wanted to try replacing it. First I can't find my screwdrivers, so I looked on, in, under and behind everything I could think of and still can't find them. So I went to my sister's to borrow a screwdriver from her, got home and discovered that it's the wrong kind and won't work, so even if I find my own screwdrivers I probably won't have the right sort and will have to buy more.

And I want to get started on some work that has to be done by Sunday, but I'm waiting on other people to get their part done before I can, and they've had four days so far and I've seen no progress. So I can't do that either.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I had to go to court today since I'm pleading not guilty to a ticket. The prosecutor first thing when I get there starts asking me about the wrong charges. Then once I corrected them they offered me court supervision, which I thought was weird since I had already turned that down to plea not guilty. The judge finally called me up and... the prosecutor immediately asked for a continuance because the state didn't have any of the paperwork or anything ready despite it being 3 months after the ticket was initially issued. So now I have to go back for the THIRD TIME next month.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I had to go to court today since I'm pleading not guilty to a ticket. The prosecutor first thing when I get there starts asking me about the wrong charges. Then once I corrected them they offered me court supervision, which I thought was weird since I had already turned that down to plea not guilty. The judge finally called me up and... the prosecutor immediately asked for a continuance because the state didn't have any of the paperwork or anything ready despite it being 3 months after the ticket was initially issued. So now I have to go back for the THIRD TIME next month.

Yet I bet if you asked for a continuance because you "weren't ready" the judge would basically say "go gently caress yourself" and rule you guilty.

DrBouvenstein has a new favorite as of 17:25 on Oct 19, 2016

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
my arm and joints are sore because I did a couple pushups after letting myself atrophy for the past 2 months and getting mad at myself for not losing weight :saddowns:

i need to go back to the gym

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

DrBouvenstein posted:

Yet I bet if you asked for a continuance because you "weren't ready" the judge would basically say "go gently caress yourself" and rule you guilty.

Nah, the one upside was that he was pissed as hell at the prosecutor. He said next time is it, so they better get their poo poo together, in slightly less crude language.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

There was an explosion in my city. All the sirens of emergency vehicles keep interrupting Netflix.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
I'm having the slowest day at work ever after being out for 3 weeks

EDIT: just got another one. I had to put on my headphones on to not hear the annoying and stupid laughter of an idiot who works here.

Sweet As Sin has a new favorite as of 18:59 on Oct 19, 2016

kreyla
Dec 31, 2008
My cat is needy. If I want to sleep and I shut her out of the bedroom, MRROW! MRRROW! MRRRRRRRRRROW!

But she is very cute!

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

My dog deserves way more time outside to play and I have a good place to do it, but she could go for literally hours so I feel like a monster when I take her in after 20 minutes.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Cross-posted from the homeownership thread in BFC:

I'm getting as fence replaced...that's it, just a fence.

I have to fill out a zoning and land use permit from the Zoning Board, part of the Department of Planning and Zoning.

That requires photographs of my property and my neighbors, photos of the new fence, including descriptions of the visual style, size, material, and color. And a site plan of the subject property, that is accurate and to scale, including the following, as applicable:
  • Identifying information including the record owner of land, north arrow, date (including any revision dates)
    and scale (recommended at not smaller than 1 inch equals 40 feet);
  • Lot dimensions and location of property lines, abutting streets, the location and dimensions of the
    existing house and driveways;
  • Location of the proposed fence per Sec 6.2.2(m) Landscaping and Fences, (i.e. clear sight triangle and
    setback as indicated on page 2).
  • Location and ownership of rights-of-way or easements affecting the property;
  • Required setbacks from property lines and/or public rights-of-way;
  • Grading changes with minimum 5 ft. contours

Oh, and a $50 application fee.

Once that's approved, then I have to fill out and apply for a construction and building permit from the Department of Public Works. Basically, the same stuff all over again. Description of the work, name of the contractor, construction plans, etc... And another fee, $8.50 per $1000 of estimated costs, $30 minimum.

And THEN, once the new fence is in, I go back to the DPW to get a building inspector to come out and issue the final inspection to close out the building permit.

And finally, I contact the Code Enforcement Office to get a code officer to come out and issue a Unified Certificate of Occupancy. Yes...a certificate of occupancy for a fence. Oh, and that's another $35 fee.

I think those last two steps can be done at the same time, possibly the same person...I'm not entirely sure.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It hasn't really rained here in like 10 years so we're not allowed to turn on our sprinklers. All the front lawns are dead and brown and there's no grass as far as the eye can see. So of course people decide to pave over their lawns with cement so they can get an extra parking space. But apparently that's not allowed and the city will fine you for doing that. So people are hosed both by not being able to water their lawn and not being able to pave over it to at least make some use of it. I guess we'll have ugly dead brown dirt everywhere forever.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Inzombiac posted:

There was an explosion in my city. All the sirens of emergency vehicles keep interrupting Netflix.

I live about 8 blocks from a fire hall, so middle of the night when the city is nice and quiet I can hear the firetrucks during their whole goddamn journey.

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
One of my favorite necklaces is all tangled up.

Oh, oh, and buying shoes is the worst. I need a shoe that 1) is dressy and close-toed 2) has a thick/lowish heel (easy to walk in), and 3) has some kind of strap because strapless things fall off of me, but not one of those horrible super-thin straps they put on all women's shiny formal shoes 'cause I have to pull them through to the last hole and they always get all messed up and crinkled and stick out like trampled, necrotic tails.

But I can only find shoes that fit 2 out of 3 of these things

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
I really want a peanut butter sandwich or two right now but I'm out of peanut butter and I drank too much brandy to drive safely so I can't just go to the store.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I am coughing up less mucus and crap but still need at least another week to recover before I start my morning walks again. But I want to go nooooooooooooooooow.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I'm trying to read Crystal Lake Memories, and it's pissing me off. Not the content, the actual book.

First off, it's big. Not thick, but over a foot tall, so it's kinda gangly/heavy, making it hard to position and hold onto comfortably.

Secondly, the pages are shiny, so every light source I use to read the drat thing reflects on the page itself.

Thirdly, it feels like every other page has lovely text-to-background contrast. This page I'm on uses white text with a background consisting of a blurred brown-and-white background photo. The whites of that background are only a degree or two darker than the white of the text itself.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

My bras are wearing out and I need to buy new ones but I don't want to cough up the money :(

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I prepared something for someone's birthday and I'm proud of it and excited to show it off and I can't for over a month because I expected what I was doing to take longer. :saddowns:

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

*hear cellphone ring at 7 am promising a death of a close one, friendship, or some juicy gossip*
*checks phone*
*third notice in a week that realitykings charge didnt go through due to low funds*
*fml*

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
I once ordered something from some stupid online store and it signed me up for the daily sales newsletter. I cannot unsubscribe, as every time I do the page crashes and says there was an error. TAKE ME OFF YOUR loving LIST already! Even when I mark the poo poo as Junk it pops up in my regular email and sends alerts to my phone that I have a new email.

My antibiotics kicked the poo poo out of my gut flora and now every meal leads to a speedy trip to the bathroom. The gently caress don't we have legit probiotics now?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I tried to order something from Amazon yesterday but it was after whatever cutoff time they have so now I need to wait for Monday for Prime Shipping instead of Friday.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

Cowslips Warren posted:

The gently caress don't we have legit probiotics now?

Yeah, but you're not going to like the procedure.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I've seen c.diff in action. If you've got it you're not going to give a gently caress about what it takes to get rid of it.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
i was done with work by 1 and just wanted to sit on my couch and watch some Hannibal Buress on Netflix but whether it was my wifi or that DDoS attack, i couldn't get anything to load all afternoon. :argh:

also i have all these awesome new fall/winter clothes and they're mostly just going to sit in the closet because work needs me in maui and the bay area for seven weeks and one week, respectively, between now and the end of the year

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs
They had the best loving feta cheese I have ever eaten at costco. We hosed up and let some of it stand out of the brine and it became super gross. I went back to costco and they didn't have it anymore :( I had to buy the kirkland brand which is pretty good but not even the same kind of cheese as the real actual loving delicious feta I had before.

At least the parmesan is delicious

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
My friend who is super awesome and better to me than I deserve got me a FitBit- an actual FitBit, not using the word as a stand-in for another brand of pedometer- as a late birthday/early Christmas present and I'm paranoid it'll go missing :negative: it's being delivered by Amazon and they don't have a great track record in my area.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

KingColliwog posted:

They had the best loving feta cheese I have ever eaten at costco. We hosed up and let some of it stand out of the brine and it became super gross. I went back to costco and they didn't have it anymore :( I had to buy the kirkland brand which is pretty good but not even the same kind of cheese as the real actual loving delicious feta I had before.

At least the parmesan is delicious

I'm sorry for you, sad goon, whose best feta is from loving Costco.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I just found our right now that there's a TV adaptation of Dirk Gently premiering tonight. Now I have to clear out my schedule.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord

Noctone posted:

also i have all these awesome new fall/winter clothes and they're mostly just going to sit in the closet because work needs me in maui and the bay area for seven weeks and one week, respectively, between now and the end of the year

I have a lot of awesome fall clothes that I'm never going to get to wear because I live in the Bay Area. It got mildly chilly last weekend when we caught the tail of the storm that hit the pacific northwest, and the rest of this week has been 70s/80s F. Maybe the mid 60s at night. I guess that's okay because I'm a big baby about cold temps, but I wanna be cute dammit. :saddowns:

Some beeping noise has been going on down the hall from my apartment since last night. I have no idea what it is, but it's constant and just loud enough to hear from my bedroom.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

Thin Privilege posted:

I'm sorry for you, sad goon, whose best feta is from loving Costco.

:( I'm sure I can find better, but not some that I can regularly buy because I'm a teacher so I'm poor. Anyway costco has a surprisingly good selection of cheese here (I'm from Quebec so there is a lot of our cheeses and they are arguably some of the best on the continent). At stupid low price too.

It was sheep's milk feta and it was so soft and not too salty.

Found it. It was this one : http://www.shepherdgourmetdairy.com/products/feta.html It's leagues beyond anything I ever had before. But I don't buy feta from fancy cheese places.

KingColliwog has a new favorite as of 13:02 on Oct 22, 2016

Pikestaff
Feb 17, 2013

Came here to bark at you

Today at work I opened up Spotify and found out that one of my favorite songs has been removed from the service, and let me tell you, in that moment I knew what true disappointment was.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Pikestaff posted:

Today at work I opened up Spotify and found out that one of my favorite songs has been removed from the service, and let me tell you, in that moment I knew what true disappointment was.

Same with going onto netflix to watch something you know is on there, only to find out that it had been taken off.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Same with going onto netflix to watch something you know is on there, only to find out that it had been taken off.
Now imagine this happening to you twice, and you have my reaction both times they put MST3K up onto Netflix, subtitled and HD, only to cruelly tear it away a few months later.
Twice.

The fitbit arrived and I had time to set it up before going to work and walking my patrols. The 'pedometer' app I was using before, apparently, sucks donkey dick- with that I was lucky to crack 11,000 steps over the entire night, where according to the fitbit I've been doing 21,000 steps and just shy of ten miles of walking on my patrols, every weekend for the last several months.
The one person in the world I most want to say they're proud of me won't even answer my text.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
My plans changed from no-we're-not-doing-anything-for-Halloween to yes-we're-doing-something-for-Halloween at the last minute, and my idea of going as Ernest P Worrell fell apart due to the fact that I wouldn't be able to get the denim vest and hat shipped to me in time. Might run to Kohls tomorrow to see if they've got anything close, but their website is down at the moment so I can't do a quick check there.

I've got a ratty grey hoodie and some pants that I could ducttape up and go as a low effort Hunter from L4D, but I don't wanna do any makeup.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I have THREE Halloween parties this year. That's an uptick from the usual zero.
Therefore I have to recycle one costume and work my rear end off to finish another.

gently caress making a third.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I ordered a bed frame for us today because I'm tired of having our mattress on the floor, and I expected it to arrive next week, since I had the free 'value' shipping. no! it's coming tomorrow! when we probably won't be here! :argh:

e: and the drat doorbell on the outside of the apartment isn't working right, so even if we're here, we might not hear it! :argh:

snoo has a new favorite as of 01:34 on Oct 27, 2016

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
My freezer is full of food I don't want to cook.

Also, the weather is warming up after a cool front came through and now it's JUST a degree or two too warm to leave the door open at night to cool down the living room when I'm in here.

I started watching The Good Place and it's a pretty good show, and now I'm all crazy nervous it's gonna get cancelled.

With regards to UPS being weird, I'm like 99% sure that when they drop off the cat litter I ordered off amazon, they are gonna do it to the FRONT door as opposed to the SIDE door and then I gotta lug a 40lb box of cat litter around the house. Fedex is also delivering a box of pepsi to my house tomorrow so I gotta hope they don't gently caress it up somehow and I get leaky cans or something.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

MisterBibs posted:

My plans changed from no-we're-not-doing-anything-for-Halloween to yes-we're-doing-something-for-Halloween at the last minute, and my idea of going as Ernest P Worrell fell apart due to the fact that I wouldn't be able to get the denim vest and hat shipped to me in time. Might run to Kohls tomorrow to see if they've got anything close, but their website is down at the moment so I can't do a quick check there.

I've got a ratty grey hoodie and some pants that I could ducttape up and go as a low effort Hunter from L4D, but I don't wanna do any makeup.

5 days before an event is not last minute

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

It is when you take delivery times for costume components into account. Not everyone has Amazon Primes two-day shipping.