Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Macaluso posted:

I really wonder what they're gonna do about Smash. There's zero chance there won't be Smash on the NS, but I don't think Sakurai will be able to work on an entire new Smash again. I still think simply porting the game over and adding in new characters/stages/etc instead of building everything up from scratch again.

I say "simply", I'm not a programmer and don't know how easy porting over a game like that is

Think of Smash 3DS as the portable mode and WiiU as the console mode.... Switch will be both. It will be exciting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

InFlames235 posted:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/10/21/no-more-official-nintendo-switch-announcements-to-come-until-2017?abthid=580a9613d6e672bd2800000c

Spokesperson for Nintendo confirming no new details will be revealed until 2017 :(. Kinda lovely - maybe they're still not 100% done figuring out the internals fully themselves? Just seems like an odd move to wait that long to reveal anymore.

Could the wording "No more Official Nintendo Switch announcements" exclude whatever they reveal on the investors meeting? I'm not expecting much from that, but maybe we could get stuff like "x amount of first party games in the launch window" or a more expansive list of features.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i think it means expect the switch direct next year but they're leaking like a sieve right now over there so one way or another someone will tell us more.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
I mean, on the one hand you've got the Nintendo site saying to expect more info in the coming months and all of the leakers saying that there's more coming this year.

And on the other you've got a journalist not direct quoting the answer to an also unknown question from an unknown Nintendo PR person.

I think it's up in the air, really, but I'm at least laughing at IGN for not contacting a PR person themselves.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
Why is no one talking about the most amazing feature of the Switch yet?

https://twitter.com/LaurakBuzz/status/789129519672225792

Laura Kate Dale is going to come to your house to play Mario Maker with you.

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
Yeah seriously it's kinda lovely of all these game sites to write actual articles based on some random guy's tweet without even contacting nintendo themselves.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

DalaranJ posted:

3ds version doesn't have internet so she might have to

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

DalaranJ posted:

Hachi machi.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

s.i.r.e. posted:

Hachi machi.

Gaaaah

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke

i know right? wifey material right there

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Keep it classy, thread.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Junpei Hyde posted:

Keep it classy, thread.

This, please.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

limaCAT posted:

38 viewers on twitch

10000+ viewers on twitch

As an old who's way outside twitch's demo, no poo poo. I'm talking as someone who's been loving around with this stuff since Wolf 3D was the hot thing. After a point it was so much of the same thing over and over with some trivial addition (hey look chest high walls YAY) then finally someone actually puts their brain in gear and thinks up something new and fun. There's a reason they spent 30s of a 3:15 video talking about splatoon, that thing took off and made numbers for them.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Real hurthling! posted:

3ds version doesn't have internet so she might have to

I bet they were working on this and some exec walks in the room and says, "Hey, I know you haven't started on Mario Maker Switch yet, but we need it Q3 2017."

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Macaluso posted:

I really wonder what they're gonna do about Smash. There's zero chance there won't be Smash on the NS, but I don't think Sakurai will be able to work on an entire new Smash again. I still think simply porting the game over and adding in new characters/stages/etc instead of building everything up from scratch again.

I say "simply", I'm not a programmer and don't know how easy porting over a game like that is
Smash Bros Switch! Make it like Marvel and make it two characters per player that you can tag in or assist. Ignore the amount of time needed for play testing and balancing...or just let it be broken chaos like Marvel.

Or just Smash with all the DLC included and give credit to people that bought that stuff on the Wii U/3DS versions.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

youcallthatatwist posted:

Yeah seriously it's kinda lovely of all these game sites to write actual articles based on some random guy's tweet without even contacting nintendo themselves.

Tbf, Nintendo's response is probably "no comment" until 2017

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I just want them to announce a price soon so preorders can start happening

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Dude, that's actually super loving sexist. Don't be an rear end in a top hat

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

Bombadilillo posted:

It would have to be on the bottom, where the power input presumably is. You could make one with a through put off all the other signals, but that's gonna be an expensive battery. Hopefully they have a USB charger you can plug in anywhere. (Like a mobile brick)

There's no way the dock is only way to charge. But nintendo....

Maybe the bit sticking out can be a sensor bar.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Beat me to it, but lmao

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I'm not sure why the switch's logo and name are so huge on the console. i don't think i've ever seen a non-special edition console with like half of its largest side used for its own logo.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

Real hurthling! posted:

I'm not sure why the switch's logo and name are so huge on the console. i don't think i've ever seen a non-special edition console with like half of its largest side used for its own logo.

They want you to know "THIS IS NOT A NEW ACCESSORY FOR THE WII AUUUUUUUGHGHHGHGHG"

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

Junpei Hyde posted:

Keep it classy, thread.

lol at this guy, specifically

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I think aiming for 5 is possible, especially if the joycons add their battery to the equation as well, 3 batteries working in unionson, say 4000mah for the tablet and 1000mah each on the joycons. Bringing it to 6000mah total.

Maybe 4 hours or slightly more if batteries work that way.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

the only time i use up the 3 hours of my 3DS battery is from extensive Picross 3D 2 playing in bed whenever i forget to charge it overnight (no i dont literally play for 3 hours in bed)

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?

Bass Bottles posted:

They want you to know "THIS IS NOT A NEW ACCESSORY FOR THE WII AUUUUUUUGHGHHGHGHG"

Most likely that, yeah. Nintendo got hit hard by Wii U's marekting failure, and history shows them to be the kind of company that makes big, knee jerk changes (see: tutorials). They're emphasizing NEW CONSOLE as hard as they can.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

look forward to my epic sony is doomed thinktank piece

https://twitter.com/mochi_wsj/status/789116462044590080

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Quest For Glory II posted:

moving as in porting, not tearing up contracts i'd guess.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Quest For Glory II posted:

I don't understand, I thought it has been confirmed 100% it is NVIDIA already.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

moving as in porting, not tearing up contracts i'd guess.

They should do public contract signings for AAA games. Have Reggie, Shuhei Yoshida and Phil Spencer all giving offers for timed exclusivity live on stream while someone at Rockstar looks nervously at what his peers think.

Actually, no, gently caress that, just put the contract for Red Dead Redemption 2 on a briefcase and let those three have a ladder match for it.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I like how the basic in-home usage of the Switch is exactly how I use the Wii U, except that there's the option of switching to Wii-style controller halves.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

They should do public contract signings for AAA games. Have Reggie, Shuhei Yoshida and Phil Spencer all giving offers for timed exclusivity live on stream while someone at Rockstar looks nervously at what his peers think.

Actually, no, gently caress that, just put the contract for Red Dead Redemption 2 on a briefcase and let those three have a ladder match for it.
it should be like National Signing Day where they choose a hat

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Anyone complaining about (presumed) battery life and pocket-outsizedness is missing the entire point that this is the new Nintendo Box that plays the new Mario, Zelda, Smash, Kart, SPLATOON, etc games and you can ALSO maybe take it outside if you want.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Is the 360 style controller coming with the Switch? Sorry if it sounds like a dumb question but I'm far too drunk and lazy to find when discussion on this started.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Skoll posted:

Is the 360 style controller coming with the Switch? Sorry if it sounds like a dumb question but I'm far too drunk and lazy to find when discussion on this started.

I don't think we know for sure yet.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Bongo Bill posted:

I like how the basic in-home usage of the Switch is exactly how I use the Wii U, except that there's the option of switching to Wii-style controller halves.

Mine never pierced my lead lined doors, so I didn't get the pooping whilst Mario experience. I'm staring into the future and it is good.

But I love my wiiu, a refined concept of that has me sold.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Skoll posted:

Nothing official yet.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
I'm actually hype for this thing. I've not had a Nintendo console since the N64, and the new Zelda looks like it will be as badass as Zelda 64.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

I want speeeeeeccccsssss.

1. How many game cubes strapped together is it.
2. How bright that screen get. There sunlight on rooftops guys.
3. Can I get extra docking ports.
4. Can I charge it not in a dock.

• Locked thread