Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Arkanumzilong posted:

this actually brings to mind one of my major criticisms with the sequel
Though I cannot go into details into it (yet) due to spoilers for both games (though I am unsure what is the policy reguarding sequel spoilers in this thread)

As someone who hasn't played or watched an LP of the sequel, please don't spoil it! I'm planning to check it out in the future, hopefully un-spoiled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
Risa seems like the least developed playable character so far.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

OldMemes posted:

Risa seems like the least developed playable character so far.

What do you mean? We just learned she is a compulsive treasure hunter! "I am about to be murdered by roaming zombie people, but oh my god there might be something under this clump of dirt I MUST HAVE IT EVEN IF IT MEANS MY DEATH!"

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.

marshmallow creep posted:

What do you mean? We just learned she is a compulsive treasure hunter! "I am about to be murdered by roaming zombie people, but oh my god there might be something under this clump of dirt I MUST HAVE IT EVEN IF IT MEANS MY DEATH!"

Well, she is psychic. There's an in-game reason for her to notice little details that other characters might miss.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
She's also one of the characters with the most personal stake in the horror so far, given that her twin sister is now a brain shibito.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Simian_Prime posted:

Well, she is psychic.
Was that in her in-game bio note or something?

Have we seen her using any psychic abilities? I mean sight-jacking aside, cause everybody else does that, and spotting dug out dirt in the dark, which, again, other characters seem to have equally "heightened" senses as far as where to find hidden stuff or perform random actions that apparently will help someone in the future.

Also, whatever happened with those earth knobs that people kept pushing and they opened up holes (?). Are we going to find out more about them any time soon? They seem to be more like collective stuff, like yeah you pushed 3 out of 10 of those things that you have no idea what they do, and whether they trigger the apocalypse. Keep it up!

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Oh those are coming

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
The way I'm looking at this whole thing (and I'm guessing it's probably the way you're supposed to) is that when we're playing these missions we're really just seeing a snap-shot of "What Happened". And just because completing the secondary objective ends the mission even though you didn't complete the first on that run-through, doesn't mean the character didn't go on to finish the original objective, we just don't get to see them doing it this time.

What we're seeing is one, long, interconnected story that has been broken up and jumbled around. We're trying to put the story back together, but the story only works if the characters do all the things that they did.

I feel like I'm explaining this poorly. Imagine three people are trying to tell a story, but they only know their parts. So they tell you the important stuff that they remember first, then one person says something that reminds another that they had inadvertently left something out, and that thing was important because the first person was only able to do their thing because the other person got there first. Now expand this to our entire cast and a three-day+ adventure.

Naoko and Akira are actually a good example of this. Akira tells his story of Headshotting Shibito on his way out of the mining area, and then Naoko tells her story about trying to escape from that area, and then he remembers that before leaving he actually ran into her because he left through a different exit first, then came back and went out the other way. Naoko then admits to also having shot her way out of the area.

supergreatfriend
Oct 16, 2008

ask me about
COFFEE

P.30 - What A Homecoming

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Noooooooooooo! Not the best character in the game!

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
*SGF approaches sniper stealthily*
Wait... is that...?
"Now we just need him to look to the side..."
It's really him, isn't it?
*shoots gramps*
GOD DAMNIT

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
The plot thickens! In like five different ways!

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Look on the bright side: Maybe Yoriko will stay put for once!

(:ssh: She probably won't. :ssh:)

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
I'm curious, if you have no bullets left, can you still set fire to the bridge? Not that you could still beat the level I think, with no other ways to fight.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011
I'd like to point out that Yoriko, once again, did not stay put like she was told. Despite being shot, she decided to try and wander off.

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help
Holy moly. Things just got way more interesting... Although too bad for granpa war veteran.

But he looked kinda ok and more lucid (?) than your average shibito? Other than blood running out of his eyes or something, he at least wasn't part resident evi licker or other abomination.

Heatwizard
Nov 6, 2009

So, hey, guys? The video was the first unread post I had in the thread, and the next two posts were visible underneath it, and they just blurt out the thing that happens, untagged. Can that not be a thing? That would be nice.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010

Heatwizard posted:

So, hey, guys? The video was the first unread post I had in the thread, and the next two posts were visible underneath it, and they just blurt out the thing that happens, untagged. Can that not be a thing? That would be nice.

I'm gonna agree with this, I thought you guys were being cute, but it turns out poo poo is actually getting real.

I blame Yoriko.

Snoop Radley
Sep 26, 2011

Hail to the baby king. :3:
I always have issues with that flying shibito too. All of them, really, but he's hands down the worst and I hate this stage, with the exception of the opening scene where sensei finally notices Yoriko~ :allears:

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Heatwizard posted:

The first post just made me think that Tamon was going to die. :ohdear:

No Gravitas
Jun 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

And More posted:

The first post just made me think that Tamon was going to die. :ohdear:

I thought Yoriko.

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

No Gravitas posted:

I thought Yoriko.

Well she did get shot...

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

During that montage, I swear it looks like Tamon shoots himself in the head. Gave me a good laugh at least.

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010

Shoeless posted:

I'd like to point out that Yoriko, once again, did not stay put like she was told. Despite being shot, she decided to try and wander off.

Truly, one has to admire her dedication to not loving listening.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
To be fair, standing next to mister action hero emotionally waxing on about some thing he did as a kid out in the open in a village filled with snipers and flying gunmen got her shot to probably death or worse

so i'd be a little wary of his tactical/survival prowess at that point as well

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

RoadCrewWorker posted:

To be fair, standing next to mister action hero emotionally waxing on about some thing he did as a kid out in the open in a village filled with snipers and flying gunmen got her shot to probably death or worse

so i'd be a little wary of his tactical/survival prowess at that point as well

But that's just it, she's never once stayed put when he told her to.She hasn't tried doing things his way.

Arkanumzilong
Sep 10, 2016

bman in 2288 posted:

I blame Yoriko.

we all do.

Zagglezig
Oct 16, 2012
Apparently the morning of day 2 is absolutely chock full of things going on.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
Is day 2 the day we'll get to see the coveted fish?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i don't

Esoteric Banana
Mar 29, 2010

I now hate Tamon, I thought he was kind of a dick before but now I just straight up hate him.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Esoteric Banana posted:

I now hate Tamon, I thought he was kind of a dick before but now I just straight up hate him.

Why?

Esoteric Banana
Mar 29, 2010

He shot cool grandpa.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Esoteric Banana posted:

He shot cool grandpa.

Hey, it's not like he knows who cool grandpa is at this point outside of a brain/sniper shibito who shot his student. (Spoilering for the latest update, not for any actual spoilers. Don't want to give anything away!)

Jim Flatline
Sep 23, 2015

Esoteric Banana posted:

He shot cool grandpa.

That doesn't matter though, he'll get back up again in like....30 seconds max.

Esoteric Banana
Mar 29, 2010

It's still not cool in my book. Cool Grandpa gets to shoot anyone he wants, especially people that are terrible at following directions.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
I think we just reached the point where that big list of characters is going to get trimmed right quick. Kyoya and Yoriko ain't looking to hot there at the end.

Also, SGF, you mentioned in the latest Nightcry video that it felt like it's been forever since you started that game? It's been six months since you posted the first Nightcry. Yeah....

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat

Esoteric Banana posted:

He shot cool grandpa.

Admittedly, cool grandpa is now reduced to fits of gibbering laughter in between bouts of terrifying lucidity and his trademark accuracy. Not like he will stay dead, now, either.

Seriously, Akira did not deserve this :(

AbstractNapper
Jun 5, 2011

I can help

Dinictus posted:

Seriously, Akira did not deserve this :(

I mean, for all we know, the principal and Risa's sister could have been the best people in the world...

It is however distrurbing how the game reveals that a playable character is now (un)dead Shibito --but also with moments of being lucid -- and pretty much an enemy you have to "incapacitate", by hunting and shooting him down no less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Huh, I watched through this game a long while ago through the LP Archive but I don't remember this happening. I'm chalking this up to 240p and trying to watch the game in chronological order making it weirdly harder to follow along with. That said I do recall a bit of the ending so it should be neat to see more clearly how we get there.

• Locked thread