Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

how me a frog posted:

Yeah but his EX spacebar is broken as gently caress, I dunno why nobody uses it.

Yeah it's really good. The only drawback is that it shares a cooldown with his dash. It's really easy to have it up if you take the double dash rite at 1, but that comes at the cost of the extremely good silence rite.

I disagree that his ult is useless though. Even though you slow down to a crawl, you deal a ton of damage and have lifesteal. If enemies try to keep away from you, the ranged attack has no cooldown and hits pretty much as hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!

how me a frog posted:

Yeah but his EX spacebar is broken as gently caress, I dunno why nobody uses it.

Oh I know. 30 health steal. It's insanely good.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
I like the weapon charge mechanic on Seeker. It lets you recast his abilities but doesn't actually consume the charges unless you decide to use the recast which makes it pretty flexible, especially with how much you can power up his space, which is really good.

Super secret tip: you can move with his space by holding your movement keys while casting it and firing in a completely direction with your cursor!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

koolkal posted:

I like the weapon charge mechanic on Seeker. It lets you recast his abilities but doesn't actually consume the charges unless you decide to use the recast which makes it pretty flexible, especially with how much you can power up his space, which is really good.

Super secret tip: you can move with his space by holding your movement keys while casting it and firing in a completely direction with your cursor!

Yeah once I realised that tip, it made him feel a LOT better.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Taking the extra dash on spookyman seems like the only real option

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

The silence though...

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Varesh feels pretty beast now. The stun on shield and the movement speed and damage increase is pretty cool.

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Taking the extra dash on spookyman seems like the only real option
As long as you don't take the trash 8 heal talent at tier2.

His ult is also real good. It empowers shadow bolt as well giving him a sick melee attack.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Something I like about the spoopmancer is that even if you kite him his ranged capabilities are not too shabby. His shadow bolt hits like a truck and only has a 3s cooldown.

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?

Khorne posted:

Varesh feels pretty beast now. The stun on shield and the movement speed and damage increase is pretty cool.
As long as you don't take the trash 8 heal talent at tier2.

His ult is also real good. It empowers shadow bolt as well giving him a sick melee attack.

It's not even an empowered shadow bolt, it's an empowered claw. 20 damage, short cast, drains life, and pulls the target to you.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Rook is sweet as gently caress now

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

how me a frog posted:

Has anyone gotten a halloween drop from a normal gold chest?
Almost certain they only drop from the Halloween chest. Which sucks because Stunlock decided to make them 750g instead of the normal 500g for a gold, which feels kinda scummy to do for a limited-time event. Maybe if dailies gave out Halloween chests, but no: silver.

lonter
Oct 12, 2012
I really miss Harbinger skeleton guys old shadowbolt casting sound.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

lonter posted:

I really miss Harbinger skeleton guys old shadowbolt casting sound.

Yeah I was super disappointed it was gone.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~
This game feels good because it's paced really well. I haven't had a game yet where I get blown up 100-0% inside a single CC, with nothing I can do about it. If you make mistakes it sets you behind, but you don't just instantly lose the match. It's really fun and well-designed for the most part.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Darke GBF posted:

This game feels good because it's paced really well. I haven't had a game yet where I get blown up 100-0% inside a single CC, with nothing I can do about it. If you make mistakes it sets you behind, but you don't just instantly lose the match. It's really fun and well-designed for the most part.
In higher level matches they're complaining about CC. It usually isn't getting blown up in a CC train, but being incapped/petrified/panicked all in a row while the rest of your team dies.

Stunlock seems to be aware of this, however, and this patch a lot of longer CCs got trimmed here and there.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
I'm usually pretty slow to discover game mechanics, especially in multiplayer games, so the first time I got matched up against a frogboy and a Lunatic astronomer and had to sit in the time out corner for ~7 seconds at a time was a real revelation.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

This game is much slower than BLC and I don't feel nearly as mobile for some reason.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Rook nails the glutton feel way better now. You punish the poo poo out of stacking and play around your Cooldown burst, rather than needing to charge up your slams. Also the evade is so trippy and I'll take that over his old hook.

Also, playing the game with a new player made me realize how bad I was at using the new names. I still wish all the old names were just titles now. Rook the Glutton, etc

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
I've managed to make the switch for the most part but Poloma and Sirius have too many syllables.

Walh Hara
May 11, 2012
Which heroes "counter" which heroes? In the sense that if 2 equally skilled players battle an 1vs1 that one of them has a very distinct advantage.

By the way, apparantly the ESL tournament is going on. I'm really curious which heroes will get picked most (my bet is on Lucie).

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

rum sodomy Rainbow Dash posted:

In higher level matches they're complaining about CC. It usually isn't getting blown up in a CC train, but being incapped/petrified/panicked all in a row while the rest of your team dies.

Stunlock seems to be aware of this, however, and this patch a lot of longer CCs got trimmed here and there.

Yeah I should've said "at my skill level." Like, the games I play mostly allow me the time I need to make good decisions, rather than the frantic pace of WoW arena. In that game, you have basically a second to make a really important decision or take advantage of a window, or someone could just die immediately. Nobody in this game dies instantly, even to tunneling. The tunneling might still result in a loss, but it *feels* better when that loss doesn't come instantly.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
my idea for solo queueing: allow players to strike one champion. You will no longer be able to be queued with this champion on your team

please get me away from all bad ruh kaan's forever

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Good lord when i play skeleman Im either like 800 points or 100 points.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
this is such a good drunk game, like holy gently caress.

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

Is anybody having any success on Kaan? He feels pretty anemic except for his EX Space which is bonkers.

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
The good ones I see spend most of their time casting M2s and claws

Comp-U-Shit
Nov 14, 2008

koolkal posted:

The good ones I see spend most of their time casting M2s and claws

Yeah, I've been doing pretty well with Ruh Kaan and this is a big part of it. What you have to realise with him is that you can't play like a lot of other melee characters, he doesn't have the CC or defensive options that a lot of them do, at least until you get some of the later battlerites. However his ranged damage is VERY good, and the forced movement on the claw is amazingly good. I think its best to think of him as not really being a melee hero but more of just a hybrid melee/ranged.

I've been going with either the dash battlerites or the claw ones depending on the match up. I find that having two dashes is pretty vital for being aggressive when you need to be, and having two charges makes actually using the ex spacebar a lot easier to pull off.

Comp-U-Shit fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Oct 24, 2016

Khorne
May 1, 2002

BigLeafyTree posted:

Is anybody having any success on Kaan? He feels pretty anemic except for his EX Space which is bonkers.
I went 6-1 with him. Small sample, but I beasted in most of the rounds in those games. His ex space is decent but most champs have lots of answers.

His m2 and hook are good, and his m1 with curses is decent. You just have to play kind of smart and not tunnel people. It's like playing croak or freya, you don't just go nuts on someone 24/7 unless they're real bad.

I ended up taking the hook talents a lot. 42% cooldown reduction, 1.2s root are cool. Two viable options at 1, the second tier also has increased shadow bolt damage which can be good.

I didn't take Gorge, but it might be decent as well. Probably gets stronger in 3s.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Oct 24, 2016

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Battlerites in 3v3 feel very static compared to 2v2, but maybe I just haven't played enough 2s to properly judge it. I do feel like there's a lot of battlerites that are never right and some that always right, and I'm not sure they'll ever achieve a happy medium here just because there's so, so many of them.

That said, Kaan and Seeker fleshed the roster out very well. I think if we get Thorn and possibly another tank or healer (guardian! blood priest!) we'd have a fantastic launch roster for frito.

Finally, here's a wombo combo

https://gfycat.com/TerrificGroundedBeaver

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

I've never even seen that many people crammed into the corner before, but that's probably because no one could get a game for 3s before the patch :v:

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

I had an even better clusterfuck that resulted in a 2v3 comeback where our gunner had 1 hp, I'll try to gif it a little later :v:

3v3 is insanely clusterfucky.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

It's a realtime Chrono Trigger triple tech

strong bird
May 12, 2009

Minrad posted:

Battlerites in 3v3 feel very static compared to 2v2, but maybe I just haven't played enough 2s to properly judge it. I do feel like there's a lot of battlerites that are never right and some that always right, and I'm not sure they'll ever achieve a happy medium here just because there's so, so many of them.

That said, Kaan and Seeker fleshed the roster out very well. I think if we get Thorn and possibly another tank or healer (guardian! blood priest!) we'd have a fantastic launch roster for frito.

Finally, here's a wombo combo

https://gfycat.com/TerrificGroundedBeaver

There isn't 'so many of them', there's like 15

e: nvm the Dumb and Certifiably Bad naming scheme has brutally trolled me once again

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

BigLeafyTree posted:

Ive been doing ok with him now. Basically he hits like a wet noodle if you dont have the curse debuff up. His Right Click is stupid good so I just poke until I can yoink someone out of position.

Taking the silence rite is great but I've liked taking the rite that gives your dodge 2 charges because you can dash in and then spin attack or take the rite later that makes it inflict curse so you can murder people more. I will take the silence rite more against people with lots of mobility like croak and jade.

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

Played some more, Kaan is... okay? He still feels strange to me somehow because he's a melee with zero CC unless you want to count pull (which you can spec into a root on), and kinda poor mobility. Shadowbolt and Claw are the standout abilities in his kit, with charged M1 being good and the shield rounding it out. Having only one source of invulnerability, a directional shield and kinda bad mobility means if you make mistakes you can just die. The ult is weird because it's got a long cast time and locks away all of your utility, but you can't really be fought directly for the duration.

Jumong is intensely annoying. He's very hard to pin down, so he is very safe while peppering you with arrows. His damage is medium to maybe slightly above average, and has a bunch of CC. The CC is fairly avoidable at range but he can just dick melees.

The new map is neat because it's got four small cells leading off from the centre, so if you're pushed out of the centre you can just get cornered and pummelled. It's claustrophobic and increases the value of controlling the middle.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

https://gfycat.com/IlliterateWeakCod

Don't clump in 3s

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Jormung doesn't have medium/slightly above average damage, he's competing for the highest dps in the game IMO. trap -> rain of arrows -> ex1 is disgusting all of its own, and that's without space chain shenanigans.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
once every like a million kills Pearl will do a spot on ojousama laugh and it makes me want to play her every game

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Ive been doing ok with him now. Basically he hits like a wet noodle if you dont have the curse debuff up. His Right Click is stupid good so I just poke until I can yoink someone out of position.

Taking the silence rite is great but I've liked taking the rite that gives your dodge 2 charges because you can dash in and then spin attack or take the rite later that makes it inflict curse so you can murder people more. I will take the silence rite more against people with lots of mobility like croak and jade.
His Q resets weapon charge and shadow bolt, making silence talent own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

HMS Boromir posted:

once every like a million kills Pearl will do a spot on ojousama laugh and it makes me want to play her every game

yeah it's great.

• Locked thread