Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Enourmo posted:

dumbass, you can't grill cheese, it just melts everywhere

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RllWJUvrxEY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

That was extremely stupid. And I like Alton Brown generally but what in the gently caress.

If you're going to use foil and a spatula and indirect heat you're just melting cheese. It would taste exactly the same if you used a microwave. Or just melted it in the sandwich. And bothering to fire up your outdoor charcoal grill just to make toast is completely ridiculous.

Also why did he use capital Es in his printed words on that board, god that drives me up the wall.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

Leperflesh posted:

That was extremely stupid. And I like Alton Brown generally but what in the gently caress.

If you're going to use foil and a spatula and indirect heat you're just melting cheese. It would taste exactly the same if you used a microwave. Or just melted it in the sandwich. And bothering to fire up your outdoor charcoal grill just to make toast is completely ridiculous.

Also why did he use capital Es in his printed words on that board, god that drives me up the wall.
At the end of the video he says "it's kinda the same thing but who cares" and since Alton Brown is the reason I can feed myself, I'm gonna let this one slide.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

steady
Feb 28, 2011
Pillbug

Now dude, goannas are pretty chill as far as lizards go and I've never heard of one obsessed with beating someone's genitals. This is slanderous.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

These are in reverse order right?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

That needs to be accompanied by an acoustic guitar and sung softly in Starbucks.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Remember when you had that Corolla that worked and stuff?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Also the ex cop car? It could even fit more than 14" and a spare pair of socks.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

14 BAR RIFF posted:

She's a little rough around the edges, but that's okay because I'm in familiar territory now. I know what to expect. The Crown Vic was plain, reliable, a work horse. It was the Frau Bleucher in my stable, the one you know you can count on. But it's not what I need. Deep down inside, I know that I need someone to spit on me, make me bleed and cry, and to treat me like the emotional tampon I know I truly am.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
That girl from Tinder could do a bunch of that poo poo I bet.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I think I told Slungblade something along the lines of "Maybe I don't need everything I own to be high strung and fragile"

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

tater_salad posted:

a spare pair of socks.

Spare?

E:

Rhyno posted:

INCHI DICKARI fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Oct 20, 2016

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica
I wonder how much coke has been snorted off the dash of every '85 corolla combined.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
:eyepop: They know

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Every time I read this thread I wonder if this is what it feels like to slowly lose grip on reality. It scares me.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Every time I read this thread I wonder if this is what it feels like to slowly lose grip on reality. It scares me.

Its is alternately frightening and freeing.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

1500quidporsche posted:

I think I told Slungblade something along the lines of "Maybe I don't need everything I own to be high strung and fragile"

Yeah sounds familiar. It's a good philosophy to be certain.

Although I think we were talking about Italian cars, so the conversation probably skewed more towards rapid unplanned combustion events.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

1500quidporsche posted:

So you're getting another Subaru?

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
It feels like this should be written in cyrillic.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Seat Safety Switch posted:

AI meets BFC would say Prius.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Oh poo poo, Hillary's gonna have 14" killed guys.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Seat Safety Switch posted:

Its whenever looks the most sane, cheap and rational when the Scirocco's engine finally lets go. I'm firmly of the belief that I at least need a reliable winter beater now if I'm going to dabble with insane/obscure car poo poo constantly.

triple clutcher
Jul 3, 2012
ooh, new screenshot from My Summer Car.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Target remains.

I repeat.

Target. Remains.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
How.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
7:36PM, 7:35PM, 7:37PM
hmm

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

CharlesM posted:

hmm

hahaha holy poo poo

steady
Feb 28, 2011
Pillbug

CharlesM posted:

hmm

Yes, that was Dave installing flux capacitor.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Engine at TDC1, spark plug box indicator on scribe mark for TDC1 location.

Same deal, flat across head surface for locating the cam gear mark.

Suspected cause of death, leaking crank seal and oil contamination causing stretch. Tensioner appears intact and in place.

Only got about 30k on it, belt and seals all coming out of Puyallup. Calling bullshit on this engine being non interference BECAUSE I HAD loving PLANS FOR THIS WEEKEND THAT DIDN'T INVOLVE THIS.

Can't tell if I'm loving pissed at the Honda for deciding to do this right now for no loving reason or spare it's life it decided Wyoming didn't really work for it.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
You remember that Bolivia Top Gear special where all of their cars had terrible problems and poo poo but it was the backup car, a beetle, that made it through unimpeded? Also, cam gears instead of a belt broseph.

I mean, you're the ACVW whisperer, so I have absolutely no right to talk. But this is a piece of rubber in an engine. Does rubber belong in an engine?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

What else is an engine for, but to burn rubber? I ask you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

So what sidelined the Probable Causemero?

• Locked thread