Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Archie and Maxie are both dumb, but one of them looked at all of the Tentacool and Wingull random encounters and decided he wanted ten times as many.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Magma's plan would at least solve overpopulation. Sure, it would be hot as hell and probably third-world conditions, but it doesn't actively kill anybody.

Aqua's plan drowns everybody. I don't understand where they got confused during the process.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

how would magma's plan not kill anyone

like, let's just ignore the whole volcano thing for a sec. even ignoring that killing everyone on the volcano itself and the town at the bottom, how would they not have killed anything else

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Neither of them took 2nd grade science, otherwise they'd know about that whole thing called the water cycle

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Aqua and Magma are as bad as Team Skull is good.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

So what do I do with my living dex re: all these silly alolan formes? Start a second category in my bank and put them where they would logically go in a fez of all alternate forms? HOW DO I ORGANIZE YOU BEAUTIFUL HAIRY MONSTERS?!

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Dr. Fetus posted:

Their motives were even dumber. All Team Aqua wanted to do was to increase the size of the oceans and stuff. When Hoenn already had like a ton of water in it.

7.8/10, not enough water.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Sockser posted:

So what do I do with my living dex re: all these silly alolan formes? Start a second category in my bank and put them where they would logically go in a fez of all alternate forms? HOW DO I ORGANIZE YOU BEAUTIFUL HAIRY MONSTERS?!

Track all persistent forms individually.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013
Team Aqua just really liked the movie Waterworld, okay.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Sockser posted:

All alternate formes stand right next to the original, you gotta get a rotom + all variations of rotoms, like you'd do with the entirety of the Unowns.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I heard Pokémon Bank doesn't allow you to put anything transferred to Sun/Moon into it? How am I going to fit my Living Dex into the game? :argh:

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Pokebank is compatible in january. Until then, it's all Alola.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Crosspeice posted:

Pokebank is compatible in january. Until then, it's all Alola.

Comp scene will be fun and interesting until the old guard of Mega Khan, stupid looking genies, and psuedo legendaries return.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
It'll be fun because I know I can still use Dragonite and Snorlax

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Night Blade posted:

Comp scene will be fun and interesting until the old guard of Mega Khan, stupid looking genies, and psuedo legendaries return.

Mega Khan will be in the game at base. Khaghaskhan is in the regional pokedex and megastones are available post-game.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Night Blade posted:

Garchomp is old guard and in but Garchomp is also my second favorite pokemon so I'm cool with that

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Manatee Cannon posted:

how would magma's plan not kill anyone

like, let's just ignore the whole volcano thing for a sec. even ignoring that killing everyone on the volcano itself and the town at the bottom, how would they not have killed anything else

They apparently failed to consider the idea of much smaller bodies of water that are kinda important to humanity drying up faster than the entire ocean as well.

Decus
Feb 24, 2013

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

I heard Pokémon Bank doesn't allow you to put anything transferred to Sun/Moon into it? How am I going to fit my Living Dex into the game? :argh:

No, you can put anything into Pokemon Bank in January. You just can't take a Sun/Moon pokemon back into XY/ORAS. XY/ORAS pokemon have that france-symbol or whatever so I can only assume Sun/Moon will have a Hawaii symbol to clearly denote "cannot be transferred to previous gens".

Zore posted:

Mega Khan will be in the game at base. Khaghaskhan is in the regional pokedex and megastones are available post-game.

You won't be able to use any of the megas for battlespot at the start though.

Decus fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Oct 22, 2016

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Oh, alright. That's less annoying.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbxQXwwURPY

Here's a video of someone playing Sun and Moon in an emulator with outlines turned off.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Zore posted:

Nerfed to 25% damage and no power up punch tho.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Dehry posted:

Here's a video of someone playing Sun and Moon in an emulator with outlines turned off.

Man, those outlines made things look so much worse.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Pentaro posted:

New Generations, p much the Aqua side of last episode.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FskTlUZyF_A

As long as I have this blue orb, Kyogre will do my bidding!
:downs:

Finally, Kyogre was able to provide Lu Bu with a decent challenge.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Geostomp posted:

Man, those outlines made things look so much worse.

I figure that they're somewhat necessary when seeing it on a 240p tiny 3DS screen, but yeah, no outlines makes it look gorgeous. I hope Crazy Diamond and Pearl Jam on the Switch look like this.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

What I gathered from the video was that Archie had a sort of Tyler Durden thing going on.
That is, he was trying to reset society by having Kyogre take it out, and force everyone to return to the Pokemon equivalent of Hunter-Gatherer societies.

I mean, it was still a horribly stupid and short-sighted plan destined for failure, but I think that was his goal.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I don't care what they change people's motivations to now, og aqua's goal was just to expand the oceans because they like water pokemon and don't think things through

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Where is Alolan Walrein?

AKA this

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

my favorite dumb moment in gen 3 will always be when they try to set off a volcano by throwing some rocket fuel into the mouth. what was their plan after that, even if it worked? die?

my favorite thing about that is that both teams think it's a good idea to do, and neither of them are right about what would happen

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I've decided, I will choose not to go with Rowlet as planned and instead I will join Team Tiger Millionaires

Let's crush some skulls, boys

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

EorayMel posted:

Where is Alolan Walrein?

It's Popplio

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
When I get the game some time after everyone else does I will just trade some eggs so I can play the game with all three starters.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I love Mimikyu

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

alcharagia posted:

I love Mimikyu

Mimikyu deserves to be loved

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

EorayMel posted:

Where is Alolan Walrein?

AKA this

I love this animal.

Team Aqua and Team Magma are dumb as Hell, but they're still cool. At the very least they have good costumes, which is more than what you can say about team Flare.

I'm pretty sure the joke behind punchcrab being part ice type is that it's literally a "Snow crab". I bet he tastes delicious.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Dehry posted:

Man that looks neat. Reminds me of Wind Waker. I wish the games went with that instead of trying to invoke a 2D look.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I'm pretty sure the joke behind punchcrab being part ice type is that it's literally a "Snow crab". I bet he tastes delicious.

it's a literal yeti crab. thats the joke

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Kerrrrrrr posted:

that got pretty fuckin intense at the end

also Archie is voiced by the same guy as JARAXXUS, EREDAR LORD OF THE BURNING LEGION :allears:

gently caress, I knew his voice sounded familiar.

YOU FACE JARAXXUS KYOGRE NOW!

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

no outlines makes it look like a free to play mmo, to me

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

sharrrk posted:

it's a literal yeti crab. thats the joke

i read on bulbapedia that it might be inspired by a 4th century chinese fur coat mistranslated as "fist crab"

if so... hats off to game freak :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Classtoise posted:

gently caress, I knew his voice sounded familiar.

YOU FACE JARAXXUS KYOGRE NOW!

I know I goofed on him a lot earlier, but I hope Archie isn't dead in Generations. He seemed so happy to find the death orca. :ohdear:

Given that he survives the games, maybe Kyogre just reenacted the book of Jonah on him and Team Aqua.