Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the best Mike Judge project?
Beavis and Butt-Head
King of the Hill
Office Space
Idiocracy
View Results

• Locked thread
Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

glowing-fish posted:

Reference?

I don't think he is dumb enough to be taken in by people like Alex Jones, he made a really good parody of Rush Limbaugh over 20 years ago.

he started saying dumb poo poo after 9/11, and I suspect he's one of those people that was broken by that event.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

med school head
Apr 17, 2012

glowing-fish posted:

Reference?

I don't think he is dumb enough to be taken in by people like Alex Jones, he made a really good parody of Rush Limbaugh over 20 years ago.

surprise gazpacho is a bad poster

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

here he is pumping air up a fat man's butt

http://www.break.com/video/ugc/jackass-2-5-the-butt-bellows-424233

here is the superior version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3ZFIYaoWiY

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Uh oh this comedian has :siren:WRONG POLITICS:siren:

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

glowing-fish posted:

Reference?

ok look there are people who, because their politics are excluded from the mainstream, will call into alex jones' show and do an interview with him because he's got the audience. that's a calculated decision that some people make

inviting the screambag into your house and taking the opportunity to tell him how awesome he is, is another matter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzR_bfvxDZM

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde

FedEx Mercury posted:

Uh oh this comedian has :siren:WRONG POLITICS:siren:
he makes it a theme of his creative work, so fair game

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
i thought it was real ironic that a movie lambasting morons had to rely on a narrator to explain real obvious things to the audience like they're morons

i don't think that was him giving a ;) to the high-brows either

idk i didn't really like the movie. love all his other stuff tho

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Idiocracy was loving terrible and thought it was so much smarter than it actually was. Like I understand it was "satire" to be as dumb as possible but that doesn't mean you don't have to put in jokes besides "look how stupid these people are!"

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

hemophilia posted:

I want to hate silicon valley, but it's good. I end up hating it because even though it's supposed to be a comedy it feels a little too real, like a bunch of these characters are me, and people I knew, at various stages of my life, and i consciously tried to get away from it, it's hard to laugh when i'm confronting my own demons. This must be what it feels like to be a slightly retarded middle aged dad in a texas suburb watching king of the hill i guess.

fun fact they actually had to deliberately tone this down. while they were researching/talking to sv types before they started writing they ran into a bunch of irl characters that they had to soft peddle because viewers would think they're too ridiculous

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Gazpacho posted:

he makes it a theme of his creative work, so fair game

I think he's very funny and it's pathetic that there are people in this thread who can't see past their own nose to laugh with somebody who thinks differently.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

FedEx Mercury posted:

I think he's very funny and it's pathetic that there are people in this thread who can't see past their own nose to laugh with somebody who thinks differently.

Look, nothing to do with politics or "thinking differently", I love KOTH and OS, but Idiocracy just was A Bad Movie

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk9phqlDgic

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer
eh, i liked idiocracy. sure its not a "great movie that's hilarious and secretly full of truth" but it has some really hilarious scenes and lines

the scene where he gets named not sure is brilliant

the doctor's office is classic

the court room scene is hilarious

the trick is not to take it too seriously and just enjoy the comedy that stems from it

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Necc0 posted:

i thought it was real ironic that a movie lambasting morons had to rely on a narrator to explain real obvious things to the audience like they're morons

i don't think that was him giving a ;) to the high-brows either

idk i didn't really like the movie. love all his other stuff tho

iirc the narration was added in post and wasn't part of the original movie, while scenes meant to add depth were cut.

Add in how Fox hosed around with the release of the film and the time it spent on the shelf, and it's surprising it found an audience at all.

med school head
Apr 17, 2012
idocracy was good you idiot

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
Wasnt office space made by the guy who made penn and teller?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

underage at the vape shop posted:

King of the hill owns and I can relate to it even as an Australian.

propane crosses all cultures

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost
also everyone had said "that boy aint right"

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
King of the Hill is fantastic and I am so glad it is winning

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Code Jockey posted:

King of the Hill is fantastic and I am so glad it is winning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJl3ZAg6mj0

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

This is fake

The real one is carnival pros and cons

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
Where the gently caress is Silicon Valley?

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Ein cooler Typ posted:

This is fake

but its a cannabis spreadsheet

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
king of the hill alone qualifies him as a comic genius even if everything else he had ever done was utter poo poo, which it wasn't

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

proof of concept posted:

king of the hill alone qualifies him as a comic genius even if everything else he had ever done was utter poo poo, which it wasn't

I'm gonna allow this because Peggy Hill thinks she can speak spanish

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

Idiocracy is way too ham fisted but it has a lot of funny and quotable parts.

I feel the same way about Dave Chappelle whenever people start talking about how nobody was really understanding his sketch comedy

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Rubellavator posted:

Idiocracy is way too ham fisted but it has a lot of funny and quotable parts.

I feel the same way about Dave Chappelle whenever people start talking about how nobody was really understanding his sketch comedy

President Camacho was the best leader. He saw a problem, brought together the best people he could, and tried to solve it

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

Ein cooler Typ posted:

This is fake

this guy is trying to rig the vote

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
Idiocracy was poo poo, like pure pureed poo poo, and Silicon Valley is oh my god amazing. Mike Judge is living a life of zen, balancing out each great act with a terrible one.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

DeusExMachinima posted:

Idiocracy was poo poo, like pure pureed poo poo, and Silicon Valley is oh my god amazing. Mike Judge is living a life of zen, balancing out each great act with a terrible one.

but it gave us Terry Crews as president
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGUNPMPrxvA

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

If you want idiocracy to be a scathing social commentary, it's a bad movie. If you want it to be the uncritical sci-fi comedy that it actually is, it's pretty good.

Gazpacho
Jun 18, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Slippery Tilde
hg wells already did it (better)

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

hemophilia posted:

If you want idiocracy to be a scathing social commentary, it's a bad movie. If you want it to be the uncritical sci-fi comedy that it actually is, it's pretty good.

if your older than 17 and think idiocracy was more than a comedy movie, you should join the libertarian party
E: or buy some bitcoin

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx
i really like KOTH and really dont like beavis and butthead

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

EVIL NOONER posted:

i really like KOTH and really dont like beavis and butthead

way to not grow up in the '90s
idiot

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
lol if you don't think mike judge hates liberals considering all the stereotypes he puts in his shows

EVIL NOONER
Oct 8, 2016

by exmarx

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

way to not grow up in the '90s
idiot

was born in the mid 80s

beavis and butthead is just a lovely show

ColoradoCleric posted:

lol if you don't think mike judge hates liberals conservatives considering all the stereotypes he puts in his shows

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColoradoCleric
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
king of the hill was entirely conservative apologia

• Locked thread