Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Superfly ends with "Koichi is eliminated" or similar wording so we're supposed to assume they're the same day, for sure.

Interesting that they've chosen to go with that rather than just Superfly and then Enigma.

Just skimmed stuff and yeah, Superfly ends with the stand user saying that Kira mentioned Koichi was Taken Care Of. I need to read the whole thing, but i'm guessing they'll weave Koichi getting taken care of during the transmission tower shenanigans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

Johnny Joestar posted:

if you want, just move on ahead to part 6 and catch up on 5 as the translations come out. 4 and 5 are very disconnected from the rest of the story at large and it's a pretty easy jump. otherwise, it's not a super daunting task to get through the poo poo translation if you want to go ahead and finish 5.

As someone who very recently jumped to 6 instead of finishing 5 with bad translations, I can attest to this.

Nine of Eight
Apr 28, 2011

LICK IT OFF, AND PUT IT BACK IN
Dinosaur Gum

Pootybutt posted:

Death via air embolism cause an inattentive doctor didn't remove the lil air bubbles from a needle before injecting is one of my biggest fears, so this part always hosed me up a little.

That flower dance tho

It takes a whole fuckload of bubble to kill a person so you should be ok. As a nurse, having patient families calling me in because they're freaking out over a micro bubble or two in their IV tubing is my daily bread and butter.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Nine of Eight posted:

It takes a whole fuckload of bubble to kill a person so you should be ok. As a nurse, having patient families calling me in because they're freaking out over a micro bubble or two in their IV tubing is my daily bread and butter.

That's actually very comforting to know, thank you.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Bubbles are mostly harmless, that's why Caesar was such an useless piece of poo poo.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
I was confused why ppl were saying Giorno was a Joestar and then I remembered dio had Johnathans body. So how much of him is Dio?

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

everything above the neck.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Above the forehead, more specifically. Also, everything behind the heart chest window.

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

Caato just chilling in a hammock in her ex(?)-husband's garden, wearing a bikini and drinking champagne :allears: a true back home baller

also this is very rude of me, but I immediately thought of Iggy Pop when old rock man emerged, my apologies if you're reading this Mr. Pop

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I just finished volume 16 of Steel Ball Run.

Yeeeah. I can see why people say some of the stuff with Lucy is creepy as gently caress.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dias posted:

Bubbles are mostly harmless, that's why Caesar was such an useless piece of poo poo.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

I still have yet to really be sold on S&W's power. The fridge thing was pretty cool and the Stand's design itself is great, but the power just feels kind of underwhelming to me.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
It's the most versatile stand a JoJo has had since Crazy Diamond. It can do anything as long as an interesting scenario is built around it.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

I still have yet to really be sold on S&W's power. The fridge thing was pretty cool and the Stand's design itself is great, but the power just feels kind of underwhelming to me.
I feel like Gappy's only used his power, like, three times He took away Joshuu's sight, he took away the floor's friction, and he took away the... heat in the room iirc? I dunno, he's probably used it a little more, but I can't remember.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Butt Ghost posted:

I feel like Gappy's only used his power, like, three times He took away Joshuu's sight, he took away the floor's friction, and he took away the... heat in the room iirc? I dunno, he's probably used it a little more, but I can't remember.

He's also taken sound from a wall, pheromones from a beetle, light from a refrigerator, moisture from a person, just off the top of my head. He uses it a lot.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Butt Ghost posted:

He's used it to take sounds and make them appear in different places a couple of times, I think. He takes the water out of a woman's body to make her thirsty once too. It's kind of a dicey power because it's so vague that I think Araki has to show restraint with it otherwise you could just write it to "take the life out of a body" or "take the stand out of a person" or whatever. I think it can only plunder things if they can fit inside one or several bubbles? I don't think he'd be able to plunder a car.

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

You wouldn't bubble away a car

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Red Bones posted:

He's used it to take sounds and make them appear in different places a couple of times, I think. He takes the water out of a woman's body to make her thirsty once too. It's kind of a dicey power because it's so vague that I think Araki has to show restraint with it otherwise you could just write it to "take the life out of a body" or "take the stand out of a person" or whatever. I think it can only plunder things if they can fit inside one or several bubbles? I don't think he'd be able to plunder a car.

S&W seems limited to stealing physical properties mostly, so I don't think it can steal Stands or more abstract concepts like life. It's like any broadly defined Stand though, there are going to be weird edge cases that it's probably best to not think about too much.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

soft & wet is already in the category of 'people can constantly ask why didn't the user do X or Y in a given situation because literally the only limit is someone's imagination' which doesn't particularly help things

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He accidentally kills Yagiyama by taking oxygen from his blood. That makes Yagiyama essentially disintegrate, which he wasn't intending but he could straight up took enough to kill him anyway if he'd wanted to. No reason why he could only specifically take small amounts. There's the floor's friction as well. The heat thing is taking the heat from Speed King's power in Jobin's beetle glue and transferring it to the sensor in the fire fighting sprinkler.

He also traps Yagiyama in a giant bubble to push him into the water, and then reuses that after a giant bubble scoops up Hato. The simple sound of the bubbles popping on the ceiling also directs Hato's attack to defeat Damo. So really, even outside of the actual ability the bubbles have, he's used the physical bubbles pretty inventively too. It's definitely one of those powers where Araki just does what he wants with it and logically speaking there's nothing he couldn't do to simply win fights straight away.

He's DEFINITELY going to make a million bubbles and transform them into Sheer Heart Attacks too. He 10000% needs to do that. It would the hypest poo poo.

e: The time he punched a bubble into one of the twins and exploded it under his skin too.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 09:49 on Oct 22, 2016

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

Thinking about it, I guess Stray Cat is another stand (the first? or is that Atom Heart Father??) to activate upon death, like Notorious B.I.G....? Did Carne also instinctively know what havoc his stand could wreak, because otherwise there are just so many questions surrounding this mysterious man

Doppio: boss there's this guy who passed Polpo's test and I guess he has a stand since he can see others' but he has no idea what his powers are?
Diavolo: poo poo I don't know just throw him into the fray and see what happens I guess lmao

standard owl fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Oct 22, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I think most Stand users instinctively know how to use their stands unless the plot says they don't. Jotaro and his time stop for example. He knew how to use Star Platinum somewhat before Avdol/Joseph taught him, at least enough to risk shooting himself but not how to stop time. The baby had no issues at all and its stand was a sleep ability.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Oct 22, 2016

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

Carne: so I'm pretty sure that my stand [ Notorious B.I.G. ] will attack any source of kinetic energy until the end of time, but first I have to die :iiam:

actually this raises more questions, because what kind of man is willing to 100% for sure lay down his life for loving Diavolo of all people (Doppio obv doesn't count because he has Special Circumstances)

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Dexie posted:

Yeeeah. I can see why people say some of the stuff with Lucy is creepy as gently caress.

At first, I thought that the constant 'Ohhhh' s were the worst. But then things got even more uncomfortable and awful! At least Stephen turned out to be a stand up guy.

Anyway. YOU CAN'T ESCAPE VALENTINE! IT'S YOUR HOLE, IT WAS MADE FOR YOU!

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I honestly don't think anything could have prepared me for "You're going to give birth to the corpse head of Jesus Christ."

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Dexie posted:

They just wanted to make her as Docile as a Winter Catfish

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

hoobajoo posted:

S&W seems limited to stealing physical properties mostly, so I don't think it can steal Stands or more abstract concepts like life. It's like any broadly defined Stand though, there are going to be weird edge cases that it's probably best to not think about too much.
I would have ended Eyes of Heaven by OCing up Soft & Wet Requiem and having it blow up the concept of time to defeat Over Heaven DIO

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

standard owl posted:

Thinking about it, I guess Stray Cat is another stand (the first? or is that Atom Heart Father??) to activate upon death, like Notorious B.I.G....? Did Carne also instinctively know what havoc his stand could wreak, because otherwise there are just so many questions surrounding this mysterious man

Doppio: boss there's this guy who passed Polpo's test and I guess he has a stand since he can see others' but he has no idea what his powers are?
Diavolo: poo poo I don't know just throw him into the fray and see what happens I guess lmao

We saw a more humanoid looking form of his stand before he died, so he probably has the usual bread-and-butter punchman capabilties

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

I think most Stand users instinctively know how to use their stands unless the plot says they don't. Jotaro and his time stop for example. He knew how to use Star Platinum somewhat before Avdol/Joseph taught him, at least enough to risk shooting himself but not how to stop time. The baby had no issues at all and its stand was a sleep ability.

Holy poo poo, I just realized both Jotaro and Dio tested their Stand abilities by firing guns at themselves.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Holy poo poo, I just realized both Jotaro and Dio tested their Stand abilities by firing guns at themselves.

They're the same type of Stand! How much more obvious do they have to make it?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They both get a big old crack in their heads when they kick the bucket too.

Conspiracy?????

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em
「 G R A V I T Y 」

Also technically DIO was the first stand user to get a post-mortem stand, turns out they've been around since the beginning.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

JoJo did well on toonami.

http://www.fandompost.com/2016/10/19/jojos-bizarre-adventure-anime-nabs-a-million-viewers-on-toonami/

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

as echoes act 3 and spice girl have shown deep down the projection of everyone's inner fighting spirit is basically some kind of combat speedwagon

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Oh neat, Chocolate Disco seems like a pretty interesting Sta...

...oh. It's over already.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

DOCILE LIKE A WINTER CATFISH

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

http://likeawintercatfish.tumblr.com/

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Johnny has a bug bite fetish.

Part of me wants to Google that and see if it's an actual thing, but I think I'm going to pass.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Wait did Hot Pants just loving die?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Dexie posted:

Johnny has a bug bite fetish.

Part of me wants to Google that and see if it's an actual thing, but I think I'm going to pass.

Thankfully it's pretty much all Johnny stuff and panels.

Also yes.