Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Spermanent Record posted:

There needs to be a sort by dps option for gems. Nobody wants to spend time loving about after every level.

They're sorted by level which is practically the same thing. I've never had a big issue. Your 5 highest level gems are pretty much guaranteed to be your top DPS gems, just look quickly between those and sell everything else below that.

Its only complicated if you make it by obsessing about min/maxing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Jack Trades posted:

How the gently caress do you people run out of ammo, are you using only one gun or something?
Even just using 4 guns never runs me out of ammo and using all 8 guns I don't even need to buy ammo between missions.

Yeah the only weapon type I ever run out of ammo with are automatics, though I do run lowish on others if I try to use them exclusively. Which I like; really makes you mix things up. Between this and Doom I'm actually using my number keys to quickly swap between guns again!

Anyway, looks like there's gonna be some new stuff coming:

Shadow Warrior 2 Getting Free New Challenge Mode posted:

"The first piece is the introduction of the first game’s ultimate katana and fan favorite, the Nobitsura Kage, into Shadow Warrior 2. Coming updates to Shadow Warrior 2 will include new missions and an ultra-hard challenge mode alongside new weapons, items, and co-op ninja characters."

"We’re adding some new features like insane difficulty tiers, rebalance of some skills and drop system, better crafting and a lot of bug fixes, so it needs to be tested properly."

Last part is for the patch, which should be out today.

Mordja fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Oct 21, 2016

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Good.

Lazer Monkey
Jan 15, 2005

No word on that damage resist bug mentioned earlier.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Awww, they also nerfed Auto Reload, and made it so you can't grab that Skull gun through the window

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

The 8-weapon limit is starting to grind. I can't equip my chainsaw or rocket launcher without taking something off.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I thought being able to grab king skeletor through the window was intentional

Lazer Monkey
Jan 15, 2005

drat they really beefed up the difficulty, suddenly getting murdered left and right on insane 31+..

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
Beat it today.

Story was... still good, but not as good as the first. Thought that most of the important stuff being dumped in the final parts of the game was kind of annoying, and the cliffhanger ending was obnoxious but I thought the writing was good and each character's intentions made sense. I think the biggest flaw is that Hoji is no longer present, and Hoji was the best loving character.

I'm kind of sad that some weapons are just straight up better than others. I'd like more sidegrades and less upgrades. Some of the weapons look really cool but I never get to use them because there's other ugly ones that just do more damage. Balancing 70 weapons so that they're all roughly the same is really difficult, granted, but I'd like to have a reason to use the more vanilla stuff.

I also only found 65 weapons (though I didn't buy some of them). Are at least 5 of the weapons just random chance? Maybe their drop rates are screwy like the Puker.

Speaking of, I never saw the Puker in my Normal campaign but I'm planning a New Game+ on Insane.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah especially if you could compete with your friends for points, and have a constant leaderboard among yourselves in co-op

Have a fake Arcade - Fbi anti drug warning screen (losers do drugs) please.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winners_Don%27t_Use_Drugs

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Zagrod/FWH: Are there plans for balance passes over weapons? Machine/gatling guns and pistols seem to really suck compared to the rest of the weapon types about 15% into the game.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
A rabid rabbit pushed me into a group of hellhounds which in turn shoved me into a puker. I survived :black101: however it was all on normal mode.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

Zagrod/FWH: Are there plans for balance passes over weapons? Machine/gatling guns and pistols seem to really suck compared to the rest of the weapon types about 15% into the game.

Disagree, the pistols can be extremely damaging. Explosive bullets are amazing.

All the sub machine guns and assault rifles are incredibly weak though, no matter how you seem to stat them.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Lazer Monkey posted:

No word on that damage resist bug mentioned earlier.

Yes there is?

quote:

- "Damage resist" player stat now works properly

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar

Zaphod42 posted:

They're sorted by level which is practically the same thing. I've never had a big issue. Your 5 highest level gems are pretty much guaranteed to be your top DPS gems, just look quickly between those and sell everything else below that.

Its only complicated if you make it by obsessing about min/maxing.

That's not even slIghtly true. I still have some level 40 blue gems that do more damage and crit stuff can outdamage pretty much any other stuff even if it's not at the top of the page.

I don't want to spend time min maxing, which is why I said, let me sort gems by dps.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

oh no not my autoreload skill :(

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Mr.Citrus posted:

I have three sets of +explosive in my Triad. Seems to work fairly well.

What I really want for the gemming menu is a option to filter by effect. E.G. 'Show only gems with +crit damage' or 'show only gems with +HP'.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

oh no not my autoreload skill :(

N-no.... :negative:

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

There needs to be a skill to add weapon wheel slots.

Kobogartimer
Mar 17, 2006

This game is awesome, but I love shotguns, and I don't like the way shotguns work. They're effective, but you literally don't have to aim them. It feels like it just hitscans your entire screen and considers range.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

Mr.Citrus posted:

All the sub machine guns and assault rifles are incredibly weak though, no matter how you seem to stat them.

The... Hellflesh assault rifle (I don't remember the name) is one of the few ranged weapons in the game that's 100% elemental - put a few more elemental gems on there that increase burn proc/damage and it's one of the best weapons to take down enemies with Physical Resist.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Mr.Citrus posted:

There needs to be a skill to add weapon wheel slots.
I want them to ditch the weapon wheel and just add in a quick menu system for equipping weapons on the four slots I actually use: two melee and two guns that the quick switch buttons switch between.

Samurai Sanders fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Oct 22, 2016

Lazer Monkey
Jan 15, 2005

Digirat posted:

Yes there is?

I did not see that.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Kobogartimer posted:

This game is awesome, but I love shotguns, and I don't like the way shotguns work. They're effective, but you literally don't have to aim them. It feels like it just hitscans your entire screen and considers range.

I don't see the problem there? Just click, huge boom, everything dies. I agree that they're basically a melee weapon here though.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012
The second-to-final boss is annoying because they have resists against all four elements, so the strategy the game encourages you to use throughout the rest of the game (use all the elemental types on all the guns so you can exploit vulnerabilities!) just fucks you over. That was the only point in the game where I died.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Samurai Sanders posted:

I want them to ditch the weapon wheel and just add in a quick menu system for equipping weapons on the four slots I actually use: two melee and two guns that the quick switch buttons switch between.

You can already swap back to your last used ranged weapon and instantly swap to a melee weapon so :shrug:

or just bind them to 1-4 and press those buttons :v:

Kobogartimer
Mar 17, 2006

nerdz posted:

I don't see the problem there? Just click, huge boom, everything dies. I agree that they're basically a melee weapon here though.

Even the melee weapons in this have to actually hit the mark. The shotguns aren't fun. It just looks and feels wrong and I want to have to aim when I play FPS. Not to mention that I'm pretty sure they have perfect pierce by default for some reason and just smite everything in front of you.

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010
Why does Insane difficulty have a xp gain limit? :psyduck: Having it on the other difficulties I get but... ???

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Kobogartimer posted:

Even the melee weapons in this have to actually hit the mark. The shotguns aren't fun. It just looks and feels wrong and I want to have to aim when I play FPS. Not to mention that I'm pretty sure they have perfect pierce by default for some reason and just smite everything in front of you.

Of all the dozens of weapons I've picked up in this game, not a single one has a scope. This isn't a game where aiming is emphasized or cared about. That said:

Deakul posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with you?

:agreed: :yeah: :same:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Kobogartimer posted:

Kobogartimer posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with you?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

As a co-op client I didn't get the movement speed skill, and I also can't use the crafting anvil. I seem to be permanently locked out of the skill and the ability to craft without playing all the way there on that save in singleplayer. Also why do you not get mission progress as a client. Glad the bunny lord loot was fixed for clients though

Owl Inspector fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Oct 22, 2016

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
Are there any other major issues /w playing as a client in co-op? We're starting our playthrough today and I'll be the client.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I was away for a few days and can't see what they patched out. Did they really nerf the auto reload skill? :( It was my favorite skill since I could just juggle weapons and not bother with reloading at all.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---

Guillermus posted:

I was away for a few days and can't see what they patched out. Did they really nerf the auto reload skill? :( It was my favorite skill since I could just juggle weapons and not bother with reloading at all.

Even if they doubled it (I do not know how much it was nerfed), it should still work perfectly for juggling as long as you're willing to use an assault rifle/machine gun with a decent sized clip.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

At max level it's now '20' rather than '5'. Still useful, but you need several weapons in your rotation.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Has anyone had issues with audio stuttering? More specifically, the dialog and one liners start to get choppy or skip like a record, seemingly for no reason, after the initial mission. Super annoying :(

Also playing it on hard and the enemies feel a bit spongy, the swords aren't very satisfying and the guns take a ton of ammo to kill anyone. I just completed the mission where you're picking up some ingredients for the magic soul transfer stuff and I was completely out of ammo halfway through dealing with the lizard mutants and had to chainsaw a ton of them. Which admittedly feels pretty good but gets annoying especially with the rear end in a top hat spiders who set you on fire at close range.

Anyway, does the balance change eventually with upgrades or leveling up, or should I turn down the difficulty? I like that it's not easy, but having to empty two smg mags into every rear end in a top hat gets old pretty quickly.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

The Lone Badger posted:

At max level it's now '20' rather than '5'. Still useful, but you need several weapons in your rotation.

Well that's a huge nerf. It could have been fine with 10 seconds to be honest. I usually rotate between a semi auto shotgun, AR, minigun and end with either a grenade launcher or a pump action shotgun. I'm at home now so I can test it and well, if it sucks enough, will respec to something else.

Jblade
Sep 5, 2006

I think auto-reload's cooldown should be reduced a lot but it only triggers once per manual reload (so it triggers when the weapon is put away but then you have to reload it manually for it to reset) - that way it still does the job but doesn't completely negate having to reload entirely. As it stands it's far too long to be of any practical use if you switch weapons a lot in a firefight, even on max level.

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar
Auto reload takes 10 skill points for the last tier? For that kind of investment it should be 5s.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Two Owls
Sep 17, 2016

Yeah, count me in

"Boom goes the pylon!"

Um, no, no it didn't. The game's great, but there's too many times I'm going "What? Huh?".

• Locked thread