Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

Getting double the units you build is incredibly unbalanced, only less so than Japan's bullshit ability in V tha let them fight at full strength even at 1 health

Japan still has that in 6 but its only for their samurai.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Agean90 posted:

Yeah I would never buy a game on release day thats incomplete but has the potential to be good hahaha *quickly shoves stellaris into the closet*

I preordered both Civ 5 and Stellaris but thank gently caress I finally learned, I finally fuckin learned

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I kinda liked Stellaris as a 4X game but it's such a disappointing Paradox game

Yolomancer
Aug 9, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Pablo Gigante posted:

Has anyone actually bought and played Civ 6 yet

I played it for less than ten minutes before ALT F4ing out in disgust. They somehow made a Civ game worse than Civ 5.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What do you think is going to happen first, Vicky3 or CK3?

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I pray it's CK 3 since Vicky and Ricky are both garbage

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Larry Parrish posted:

....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

d

dont sign your posts

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Larry Parrish posted:

Wrong, clown.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I played a lot of ways in a lot of map games but my first time playing Victoria: an Empire Under the Sun is among my most cherished memories.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Larry talks tough, but he's the biggest noob in this thread.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i bet larry uses his focuses to build party loyalty

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Larry talks tough, but he's the biggest noob in this thread.

Larry getting on Ventrilo to play map game multiplayer and casually say n*gger is some of the most surreal gaming I've ever experienced.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

Larry getting on Ventrilo to play map game multiplayer and casually say n*gger is some of the most surreal gaming I've ever experienced.

Lol. What an epic tool.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

In Training posted:

lamfao

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

why do you resort to hate speech larry. shame on you

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

How do all of my neighbors have tech levels +1 across the board when half of them haven't even embraced Feudalism and it's 1498.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also Lithuania has been in endless war for 8 years and had 3 provinces embrace Renaissance and then the whole country embraced it which mustof cost 600 ducats. Wtf.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think the only thing I dislike about the new patch is that defenders now get the crossing penalty if the attacker crosses a river which is retarded.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Beyond Earth was the worst strategy game I ever played I'm not trusting Firaxis anymore. The company probably died when Soren Johnson and the team of 1-4 hosed off.

trivia: there was almost no continuity between the company that made 1/2/SMAC and the one that made civ 3.

when brian reynolds went off to make rise of nations, he took almost the entire company with him. according to soren johnson, they had literally one guy who knew the codebase when they started working on civ iii, the old sound programmer. it's honestly a miracle that civ iii came out at all, much less that it was good

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

In Training posted:

How do all of my neighbors have tech levels +1 across the board when half of them haven't even embraced Feudalism and it's 1498.

very carefully

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

I think the only thing I dislike about the new patch is that defenders now get the crossing penalty if the attacker crosses a river which is retarded.

It makes having forts in mountains actually a good idea though. I used to put them all in Arid and Desert provinces so I'd give the enemy bonus attrition but not have to fight with attack penalties

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Beyond Earth was the worst strategy game I ever played I'm not trusting Firaxis anymore. The company probably died when Soren Johnson and the team of 1-4 hosed off.

yeah lets be honest here, civ 5 was awful at release and not great even at the end, but it was still the second-best civ at the end of the day. 3 was dogshit and while i never really played 1/2 i did play smac and i can't imagine they were actually better

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Civ IV: "A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." -Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Civ V: "Instrumental or mechanical science is the noblest and, above all others, the most useful." –Leonardo da Vinci

Civ VI:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

StashAugustine posted:

yeah lets be honest here, civ 5 was awful at release and not great even at the end, but it was still the second-best civ at the end of the day. 3 was dogshit and while i never really played 1/2 i did play smac and i can't imagine they were actually better

2 was a classic dude.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Civ IV: "A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." -Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Civ V: "Instrumental or mechanical science is the noblest and, above all others, the most useful." –Leonardo da Vinci

Civ VI:

Lol

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

call to power was better than civ 5

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The big sloppy stinky poo that I painted the toilet with this morning was better than civ v.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The big sloppy stinky poo that I painted the toilet with this morning was better than civ v.

So, how does Civ6 compare to Civ5 and - by extension - the aforementioned poo, if any of you have played it yet? I've heard from a couple of people that it's not bad like BE was, although that could potentially just be day-one hype and people justifying their purchase to themselves, so I'm not 100% convinced yet.
I'm hopeful though; I wouldn't mind playing a good Civ game, even if I don't think any entry in the series holds a candle to Paradox's grand strat games. (I know, different type of grand strat game, but still)

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

civ v was still better than groogy-era ck2

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

In Training posted:

thats bad rear end

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
woopsie daisy

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Civ VI:

fvcked vp

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Civ VI:

Gah!

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Aren't there multiple quotes per tech and it picks one randomly, or did I make that up as a desperate rationalization

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Civ VI:

*googles scott adams* what the gently caress lol

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Aren't there multiple quotes per tech and it picks one randomly, or did I make that up as a desperate rationalization

the latter i think

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

nah there are multiple quotes for techs and civics and it picks one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

BBJoey posted:

nah there are multiple quotes for techs and civics and it picks one

oh dip, i hadnt noticed