Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

golden juggalo junkrat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoughtless
Feb 1, 2007

Doesn't think, just types.
Zenyatta's golden balls look great with a lot of his skins.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Approaching 7PM and the discord is a drat ghost town.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

FAUXTON posted:

Approaching 7PM and the discord is a drat ghost town.

Theres a full group and a half going right now

e: there was just a channel full of 15~ people but idk what was happening in there

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

mcvey posted:

e: there was just a channel full of 15~ people but idk what was happening in there

I think it's just a time thing with the dwindling headcount - I was on earlier and it was dead, then there was the big ol' inhouse orgy thing but by then I was off doing other poo poo around the house.

Usually I'm up for playing between about 6 and 9 eastern most weekdays but I've got a family member who just got a gastric bypass and since they just got cleared for exercise yesterday, I'm bringing them along as a guest on my membership and I think it'll be good if I get back into a routine and there's the added bonus of helping them get healthy again.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I feel like I'm starting to click really well with Tracer, but the point when I struggle is actually against teams that have lousy positioning. Retreating three clicks away from a click behind the objective anyway to get sniped by the Hanjo guarding the hell out of that pointless corner is pretty frustrating.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Had a comp match tonight on Route 66 defense. And we get the double whammy of Hanzo+Widow. I suggest a swap since we had one healer only to be told they saw the pros run a two sniper meta and that they were pro tier snipers.

The cart didn't stop once....

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

mcvey posted:

We were jerking each other off and genji dueling.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Canemacar posted:

Had a comp match tonight on Route 66 defense. And we get the double whammy of Hanzo+Widow. I suggest a swap since we had one healer only to be told they saw the pros run a two sniper meta and that they were pro tier snipers.

The cart didn't stop once....

Unless you're playing at grandmaster level you can safely disregard anyone who claims to be a pro tier anything unless they're trying to be "ironic" about it.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
I got a person who auto locked hanzo on attack and defense on eikenwhatever and complained on mic about how all the teams he's joined to night have been terrible :downs:

It sucks to have to play with weekend players

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
I keep getting robbed of play of the game by other people that take advantage of my blizzard. I guess I shouldn't be salty, since I had as much a part to play as the guy that finished off the frozen enemies, still its frustrating. Just recently managed to freeze 5 enemies tightly clumped together only for Reinhart to finish all 5 off in a couple hammer swipes.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Kai Tave posted:

Unless you're playing at grandmaster level you can safely disregard anyone who claims to be a pro tier anything unless they're trying to be "ironic" about it.

Not even close to grandmaster. I knew they weren't pro tier before the match even started but I wasn't going to be the guy who calls people out for picking characters I don't like.

Of course that didn't stop them when I decided to go attack torb next round. Lol. Scored gold obj time too.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
I've been having some really annoying lag issues and it's really getting annoying. Are there any settings that help with this?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

rumble in the bunghole posted:

I've been having some really annoying lag issues and it's really getting annoying. Are there any settings that help with this?

Not in Overwatch, no.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20749857162#post-2 Another round of changes on weekend PTR. Faster charge on Widow :gonk:

Some minimal adjustments to Pharah.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Panfilo posted:

I keep getting robbed of play of the game by other people that take advantage of my blizzard. I guess I shouldn't be salty, since I had as much a part to play as the guy that finished off the frozen enemies, still its frustrating. Just recently managed to freeze 5 enemies tightly clumped together only for Reinhart to finish all 5 off in a couple hammer swipes.

What they really need is a dual/triple/etc play of the game system, where if a play was pulled off by a group it includes all of those people. Same thing happens with Zarya, you trap them someone else kills them and they get POTG.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Bushmaori posted:

What they really need is a dual/triple/etc play of the game system, where if a play was pulled off by a group it includes all of those people. Same thing happens with Zarya, you trap them someone else kills them and they get POTG.

Animate team highlight intros where everyone high-fives at a set height so you can just slam any combination of people together.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Bushmaori posted:

Agreed. Some kind of 'wombo combo' highlight.

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

Panfilo posted:

Agreed. Some kind of 'wombo combo' highlight.

Needs dual highlight intros with participating characters high-fiving and stuff.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Tweet Me Balls posted:

Needs dual highlight intros with participating characters high-fiving and stuff.

Unlock unique animations based on all bazillion possible combinations of heroes through loot boxes!

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Man, D.va with 600 health sounds like they're going all in on the "pick this hero to stall" role. Is that a net 5% increase in charge needed for call the mech, or 20% less charge compared to the main game?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Panfilo posted:

Unlock unique animations based on all bazillion possible combinations of heroes through loot boxes!

im ok with that becuz regardless itd own because really some most potgs are the team or most of a team

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Rick posted:

Man, D.va with 600 health sounds like they're going all in on the "pick this hero to stall" role. Is that a net 5% increase in charge needed for call the mech, or 20% less charge compared to the main game?

If you increase something by 25% and then decrease it by 20%, you get the same value you had originally.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Rick posted:

An extra 100 vanilla health, not armor, isn't going to last that long to be honest. I mean you might as well say that Roadhog is the ultimate staller because he has 600 hitpoints and the ability to 1HKO any 250 hitpoint or lower character on demand plus a 300 hitpoint heal. D.Va's durability is largely bound up in good use of her Defense Matrix 2.0...the first version of matrix was pretty useless and D.Vas popped like pinatas, it was really only an issue with no hero limit since you could have six or them come roaring out of final point spawn. With 1HL, the extra health is nice but I don't see it turning her into some unkillable menace. The faster movement speed while shooting is really the bigger change and one I hope makes it to live since it makes it less trivial for people to simply backpedal away from her high damage falloff guns.

The Call Mech change should wind up, if those numbers are accurate, being overall what it is in the main game as it stands.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
Maybe if Sym started out with her teleporter instead of that worthless +25 armor, but you had to build charges for it through damage. So it'd be similar to torb putting down a turret and upgrading it, except you drop the teleporter down, it starts with 1 charge or maybe even no charges, and you have to gain additional charges through damage from your weapon/turrets. Then you could open up a new ultimate for her that's more substantive.

Something like that maybe

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend
I've been thinking of making the teleporter a base part of her kit, with a high cd (I think the highest non-ult cooldown is like 20 seconds right now?) - just give it one charge, cooldown starts ticking down when it gets used. We're probably moving towards a more pick-based meta with the ult rate changes, so something along those lines with a rework with the rest of her kit could prove valuable. I don't know if it's workable or not, but it would be an interesting approach to be the anti-pick hero while remaining the same thematically. Obviously in pugs you're just as likely to get your junkrat running through it with your tank or healer sighing behind him, but c'est teambased fps-games.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
So if I'm reading those pharah changes right you get more damage from splash, but you now need to score a direct hit to get any physical knockback? that's a nerf.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

It's going to make hitting direct rockets easier, which will help her get picks.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Zikan posted:

It's going to make hitting direct rockets easier, which will help her get picks.

I can see that, but right now her main issue is hitscan obviously, and the best counter to that is knocking dudes around with splash damage and leading their (now predictable) trajectory while they struggle to keep their crosshair on you. It's a buff at low levels nerf at high levels basically imo

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Remove all hitscan from the game, IMO

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Golden guns look good on Dva carbon fiber :dva:

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

skullyatta with golden balls is rad

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Ehud posted:

Remove all hitscan from the game, IMO

I really don't think McCree shooting Hanzo logs would make the game better.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I thought that change made it so grazes at max range wouldn't contribute knockback

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

if people aren't sure, they can always test it out in ptr against bots

it doesn't seem like something that would actually fix pharah's problem tho, which is that mccree eats her alive. mccree+zen locks pharah (and by extension mercy) out of the game entirely and if you try to run pharah against that combo you deserve your loss

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010
I don't like the pharah changes. One of the bigger strengths of a rocket launcher is knockback, especially if you want to score successive hits. Making her minimum damage twice as high won't compensate for way less knockback.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
I don't really understand why they think a trade-off is the answer to a character who's already in the gutter. Maybe they're testing both at once but it seems like the sort of thing that would be hard to evaluate without adding each change separately.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I don't get the reasoning behind this change but I'm sure that you wouldn't need to do anything too drastic to bring pharah back

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005
13% increase on minimum damage is pretty huge though. Going from 14 damage to 30 for them being slightly nearby is great for finishing.

Though I'd honestly prefer more air-control instead. Pharah’s hover should act more like a boost so she can bob up and down instead of just bob down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
If boosting could raise your altitude significantly they'd either have to increase the delay before it starts regenerating or accept a Pharah with nearly-unlimited airtime. The first possibility sucks donkey balls and Blizzard isn't cool enough to implement the latter (and I'll grudgingly admit it might not be a great idea no matter how cool it is.)