Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I dunno, the dude acts like every old Austrian I've met, just par for the course really.

The best scenario is Nico second winning the championship and Lewis winning the race, that's going to be the best.

Also what the gently caress they red flagged the session over that loving thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a91BNc-WXb0

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

El Hefe posted:

McLaren are a crap team and they're never going to win a race ever again

Counterpoint: Ross Brawn actually managed to make a terrible Honda into a World Championship car.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
As an American, I will just say this is amazing to watch parts of a GP at a reasonable hour even if it is just FP 1 & 2.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The haas cars doing what american cars do best, falling apart trying to take a corner.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Ross Brawn at mclaren would be awesome.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

GramCracker posted:

As an American, I will just say this is amazing to watch parts of a GP at a reasonable hour even if it is just FP 1 & 2.
I've gotten so used to it that when I wake up at 7am on Sunday I'm going to be really annoyed that there isn't a race on.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I've gotten so used to it that when I wake up at 7am on Sunday I'm going to be really annoyed that there isn't a race on.

Tbh it's better to have the 7am races because you don't have to plan your Sunday around it, you can just get up watch the race and then go about your day.

I've missed a few of the American races because I've had to go to a lunch or something.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

Powershift posted:

The haas cars doing what american cars do best, falling apart trying to take a corner.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I hate (american) football so I'm beyond excited that there's a TV event I can crush beer and watch on a Sunday afternoon.

enri posted:

Ross Brawn at mclaren would be awesome.

I'm literally SO hard at the thought of this. Let the world rain down WDC and WCC on Brawn and McLaren :circlefap:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Does the Driver of the Day count to the MWDC? Because I looked at the winners, and I have some :frog: news.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Found this in the back of the shop, brought it home. It's old! Vintage pre-2010. Verstrappon was only a zygote when this thing was made. I'll have to find a piss drink to put in it for good luck to Our Ricky.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

wicka posted:

"your beer will be $8, sir"

He's from Perth, which is pretty much officially the most expensive place to buy beer at a regular pub in the world.
Expect to pay $10-12 in the city. I'm not talking about stadiums, shows or whatever when you expect a rip off price, I just mean pubs near the city or inner suburbs.
Domestic beer at a suburban run down pub out in the sticks would be a $8 bargain.

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

El Hefe posted:

Tbh it's better to have the 7am races because you don't have to plan your Sunday around it, you can just get up watch the race and then go about your day.

I've missed a few of the American races because I've had to go to a lunch or something.

This is why I like watching live premier league footy in the US on a Saturday, you can watch like 3 games before midday on the east coast or central - it's great.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
One good thing about Perth is it's F1 prime time zone except for American rounds.
Races in Europe are 7pm-9pm start (not lovely 10pm or later like it is for the east coast Australia). Races in Asia are in the afternoon (except for Singapore which is 5-6pm).

We have the most expensive beer and Perth is as far as you can get from an actual race track and still be living in the first world! But viewing times are actually good.
I normally stay up for Canada and Brazil GPs because they are worth it, but I normally skip COTA and probably will with Mexico too.
But then again, I'm so bored of life these days I normally find myself going to bed around 9pm, and nearly always seem to wake up around 1-3AM and can't get back to sleep. So I'll often get up and drink until 4am then go back to sleep until 7am.
Last night I managed to watch FP1 because of this so I might be able to catch qual and the race even if it's on at 2-3am here

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Oct 22, 2016

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
Sup fellow Perth f1 goon.

Anyone know what channel I can get the US gp in Italy? Or are sportsbars a thing here and do they watch f1?

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

AgentJotun posted:

Sup fellow Perth f1 goon.

Anyone know what channel I can get the US gp in Italy? Or are sportsbars a thing here and do they watch f1?

Sky Italia, no doubt.

edit: Federica :love:

td4guy fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Oct 22, 2016

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
This, by the way, is my favorite thing: http://blackflag.jalopnik.com/if-taylor-swift-were-an-f1-car-this-is-what-she-would-1788018565

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Fo3 posted:

One good thing about Perth is it's F1 prime time zone except for American rounds.
Races in Europe are 7pm-9pm start (not lovely 10pm or later like it is for the east coast Australia). Races in Asia are in the afternoon (except for Singapore which is 5-6pm).

Also most of south east Asia. 8pm Sunday night race starts = best.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Stop everything!

Alonso's debut in Tooned is now here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTVmQk-VD_E

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

1500quidporsche posted:

I think you'll find that Niki is in fact not a fraud and one of the best drivers who is cool and good and beat the all time greatest driver to a championship while in the same car. God bless him.

Lauda beat Lewis in the same car????

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Happy Taylor Swift day everybody!

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

freeranger posted:

Stop everything!

Alonso's debut in Tooned is now here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTVmQk-VD_E

Lol what

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/37734686

quote:

McLaren chairman Ron Dennis' position is under threat from his fellow shareholders.

Ross Brawn, Justin King and Martin Whitmarsh could replace him.

whitmarsh replacing ron would be, hands down, the greatest and most hilarious thing to ever happen in F1. we're all in agreement here, right?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/37734686

whitmarsh replacing ron would be, hands down, the greatest and most hilarious thing to ever happen in F1. we're all in agreement here, right?

Patrick Head taking over Mclaren and getting wound up and yelling over all the autistic decisions Ron has made over the past thirty years would be funny imho

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Wehrlein's spin-out happened in front of me!!!!

Edward Mass fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Oct 22, 2016

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

CaptainYesterday posted:

Wehrlein's spin-out happened in front of me!!!!

BARE YOUR rear end TO THE CAMERAS.

Also, those dutch girls are beautiful.

Also, HELLO FRIENDS.

Also, Car off!

Pascal: NO.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Everybody in this broadcast sounds like they've been awake for 3 days.

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

loving Crofty can't understand why they'd use a heat gun to help remove a stick wheel nut.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Manor taking lessons from the 1500quidporsche school of racing

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
Maybe it's been covered and I didn't read it... BUT HOW HAS KVYAT BEEN SIGNED AGAIN?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

the frog rule:

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

itsjustdrew posted:

Maybe it's been covered and I didn't read it... BUT HOW HAS KVYAT BEEN SIGNED AGAIN?

Gasly, who is in his second GP2 season, in the best performing team in GP2 by a long long way, is being beaten by his rookie teammate who not only won GP2 races before him but is also leading the championship.

The bigger question is why aren't teams looking at Giovinazzi?

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Retarded question but does Quali start right after FP3?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

^^^ the greatest two poster combination possible ^^^

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

The view from Turn 19. If you look closely, you can see the NBC announcers.

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

GramCracker posted:

https://www.f1calendar.com/

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

GramCracker posted:

No. FP3 ended at 1100 Austin time; Quali starts at 1300.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

GramCracker posted:

FP3 ended hour a 40 mins ago. quali starts in 20 mins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014

GramCracker posted:

2 hours after FP3 end. unless you're talking about build up.

In the UK Fp3 end > 1 hour break (usually porsches) > Quali build up (1h)> Quali start

E: IS YOUR QUESTION ANSWERED ENOUGH, RETARD?

• Locked thread