Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Filthy Haiku posted:

Imgur goes above and beyond the call of duty to be lazy racist fucks over and over again.

Yup, it's on the 2nd page if you sort by viral popularity. :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Filthy Haiku posted:

Imgur goes above and beyond the call of duty to be lazy racist fucks over and over again.

http://imgur.com/gallery/njEQyEX

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

TheShrike
Oct 30, 2010

You mechs may have copper wiring to re-route your fear of pain, but I've got nerves of steel.

Is this dude a vampire or something?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Dr. AA Hazredstein posted:

This is doubly heinous considering the sheer amount of sexual harassment and assault on digs of women by men, which has thankfully started being addressed recently.
Oh god as a not-archaeologist this was something I never considered occurring but of course that would be a loving thing and now my heart is bleeding again loving hell.
"I saw it with my own eyes Lois. A strange, bizarre--oh! A world where sources and discourse weren't the reason to bring up politics in a social forum but whatever anyone said with the most conviction was the most true, and attempts to be reasoned and academic were the behaviors of trolls. Their taunting and jeering... Only Kryptonite was more painful!"
"Superman, surely you're not going back?"
"I have to Lois."
"... No you loving don't."

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl
So today and yesterday all my conservative evangelical american facebook friends, of which I have more than most Europeans have been sharing this. No googling brings up anything and the guy's ministry has no links to it. Is it a 'thing' at all or made up of whole cloth?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
If you look at the AllTribesDC Facebook page, they have photos and videos from a seemingly lightly attended event they held on the Mall in Washington.

Negiel Bigpond is a pastor of a small church in Oklahoma. His website is drbigpond.org. He and Rick Joyner collaborate fairly often.

Here's an article about the event from Bigpond's local newspaper.

A few hundred people gathering for a prayer meeting on the Mall isn't likely to be a big deal for anyone but the attendees, who I hope found it rewarding nonetheless. Bigpond is certainly not someone at all prominent in Native advocacy here.

I don't want to be mean and suggest this is the religious equivalent of "my Black friend says it's okay for me to say slurs!" but it sure is convenient for anti-Native racists to have a Native dude offering forgiveness for generations of genocide, theft, segregation, and abuse. Forgiveness that's not actually in his power to offer beyond a personal level, since he isn't a tribal or national chief or elder of any sort.

AlbieQuirky has a new favorite as of 19:22 on Oct 22, 2016

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Vladimir Poutine posted:

I have a couple of mutual friends with the woman in the photo and she tried really hard to get this meme off of facebook and now suddenly it's all over imgur and probably reddit :/

When will people learn that trying to remove something from the internet only causes it to grow?

Imagine a boot full of nerds stomping on your face, forever.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

tangy yet delightful posted:

When will people learn that trying to remove something from the internet only causes it to grow?

I believe its called the Streisand Effect.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Fathis Munk posted:

As opposed to the super realistic male superhero movies ?

One thing that I didn't like was the new Jungle Book where they made Kaa a female snake. I love the book and the movies do no justice to the characters. I know it was a remake of the disney one but still. It seems impossible to make movies with mainly male characters without rancour. I wonder what the reaction would be to a film like 12 Angry Men these days (tho tbf I think the remake answered that.) Stars Wars was bad as well

And they introduced a 15 year-old female prodigy who constructed her own Iron Man suit lmfao. The invasion of the ridiculous Mary Sues.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Lottery of Babylon posted:

If you only own 30% of your own virginity, are you truly free?

I really want to know the context of this.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

"Just the tip"

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

I love LoB's short posts, it's just a glimpse at the horror beyond the veil but it's still quite enough to disgust and horrify you.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

And they introduced a 15 year-old female prodigy who constructed her own Iron Man suit lmfao. The invasion of the ridiculous Mary Sues.

Peter Parker created a super strong synthetic web material in his bedroom at age 15 and he's been uncontroversially popular character for decades. How is that any different?

E: oh... LoB. loving never mind

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

Scratch Monkey posted:

Peter Parker created a super strong synthetic web material in his bedroom at age 15 and he's been uncontroversially popular character for decades. How is that any different?

Regardless of it being an LOB post, that was literally the premise for an Ironman TV show around 2010 or so? It was on a Disney channel of some sort, but it was teenage tony stark.

constantIllusion
Feb 16, 2010

Turns out the whole "Acting White" thing is a myth. http://www.nytimes.com/2004/12/12/magazine/acting-white-myth-the.html?_r=0

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Scratch Monkey posted:

In case anyone didn’t notice our lengthy commenter, “Wolverine Wrists” is indeed a female troll. No man ever refers to wrists as a part of anatomy. They have no meaning to a man; whereas a female views wrists as a delicate and most feminine feature, one most readily used to attempt suicide. That alone is a dead giveaway!

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Ehhh. It absolutely still happens. I mean, I hear it from white people talking to black people most of all, usually with the implications that they are "one of the good ones". But still.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

In case anyone didn’t notice our lengthy commenter, “Wolverine Wrists” is indeed a female troll. No man ever refers to wrists as a part of anatomy. They have no meaning to a man; whereas a female views wrists as a delicate and most feminine feature, one most readily used to attempt suicide. That alone is a dead giveaway!

And people said witch hunts were dead. :v:

:smith:

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Ularg posted:

And people said witch wrist hunts were dead. :v:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Tiggum posted:

I assume your name still has to be matched against the records of registered voters, right? How would people in the country illegally get their name on that list? Or are they supposedly stealing the identities of Americans in order to vote?

I registered to vote in Florida this year for the first time, which has relatively liberal registration laws. You need to pre-register before you're allowed to vote, and you need to provide a valid driver's license number, Florida ID number, or the last 4 digits of your Social Security number. They do have an option if you have none of those, but I'm not entirely sure what they do to verify your citizenship if you check that box. You need to be registered I think at least a month before the election you want to vote in, and it takes 5 to 7 weeks for your voter registration card to be mailed to you.

When you actually go to vote, you need to bring one of the following that has a photo and your signature on it:

* Florida driver’s license
* Florida ID card
* US passport
* Debit or credit card
* Military ID
* Student ID
* Retirement center ID
* Neighborhood association ID
* Public assistance ID
* Veteran health ID card
* License to carry a concealed weapon or firearm
* Employee ID card issued by the federal government, the state of Florida, or any county or municipality

You can only vote by mail if you've voted in Florida before. The only way these "round up illegal immigrants and make them vote en masse" tricks would work is if they were given complete fake identities with quality fake IDs that matched them, a rather great expense for stuffing the ballot box in any major number.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

chitoryu12 posted:

The only way these "round up illegal immigrants and make them vote en masse" tricks would work is if they were given complete fake identities with quality fake IDs that matched them, a rather great expense for stuffing the ballot box in any major number.

Holy poo poo! Hillary really does have too much power if she can do this.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Here's an enlightening conversation:

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I guess Christopher Walken in Pulp Fiction was just paving the way for the future of watches huh.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

I don't understand why people who view themselves as the last breed of American-loving patriots almost invariably embrace the Confederate flag, a symbol of treason. Oh wait, I know the reason. :v:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Blind Pineapple posted:

Here's an enlightening conversation:

"What amazes me is how much the left hate this country"

Says the guy who supports "Make America Great Again".

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Ularg posted:

Umm... no?
Sometimes I wish someone would do that with Jared Leto. He seems pretty unbearable.

constantIllusion
Feb 16, 2010

15. This woman will gladly eat a tuna noodle green bean casserole without the slightest bit of irony.

That70sHeidi
Aug 16, 2009
I don't know if it's just my polling place but all I've ever had to do (in PA) was walk in, give my last name and first name if they ask (there's three of us), and sign a ticket stub that says I am voting. I walk past the tables and hand the stub to another woman and she rips it in half and gives me half and takes me to a kiosk and puts in a cartridge so I can vote.

I think if you attend the church the polling is in you don't even have to give your name, because all the ladies helping out know you, but I'm a dirty atheist, so...

Never have I been asked for ID or to prove I'm me or for my voting card. In fact the only time they've ever asked me ANY question is the first year I started voting and needed to know which table to go to (out of 2 tables) and that was what street I lived on so they could direct me over yonder.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

tangy yet delightful posted:

Yeah but it's still a lovely thing to happen to someone

DRUGS

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

That70sHeidi posted:

I don't know if it's just my polling place but all I've ever had to do (in PA) was walk in, give my last name and first name if they ask (there's three of us), and sign a ticket stub that says I am voting. I walk past the tables and hand the stub to another woman and she rips it in half and gives me half and takes me to a kiosk and puts in a cartridge so I can vote.

I think if you attend the church the polling is in you don't even have to give your name, because all the ladies helping out know you, but I'm a dirty atheist, so...

Never have I been asked for ID or to prove I'm me or for my voting card. In fact the only time they've ever asked me ANY question is the first year I started voting and needed to know which table to go to (out of 2 tables) and that was what street I lived on so they could direct me over yonder.

Didn't they do extensive research into voter fraud and discovered its pretty much not a thing? Just fear mongering used to convince people there's some great threat to their liberty.

Buckets
Apr 10, 2009

...THE CHILD...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mrhuaj540Aw

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

"Sprinkle some fries on him."

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Didn't they do extensive research into voter fraud and discovered its pretty much not a thing? Just fear mongering used to convince people there's some great threat to their liberty.

Yes. There were fewer than 40 verified voter fraud incidents in the last ten years. Here's an article about one big study. Other studies suggest slightly higher, but higher by less than 10.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Vladimir Poutine posted:

Yeah but it's still a lovely thing to happen to someone

DRUGS

Is there a :smug: version where he's holding an American flag?

Edit: oh hell yeah awesome :fsmug:

Rolo has a new favorite as of 05:43 on Oct 23, 2016

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Rolo posted:

Is there a :smug: version where he's holding an American flag?

:fsmug:

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

trapped mouse posted:

Ehhh. It absolutely still happens. I mean, I hear it from white people talking to black people most of all, usually with the implications that they are "one of the good ones". But still.

There's kind of a very large, crucial difference between a white person saying it to a black person and a black person saying it to another black person.

I mean, I don't doubt that some black folks say it to other black folks, but my experience is the same as yours: it's almost always coming from whites.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
This entire page is golden. http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/opinions/6383

quote:

No one ever died from second-hand smoke
Posted by Thomasl Laprade on 18 Aug 2005 at 8:38 am
At least 1000 people will die from second-hand smoke.

No one has ever died from second-hand smoke.

Those numbers came from a risk computer called SAMMEC

Your lies destroys your crediblity

quote:

Segregation !!!!
Posted by ben montgomery on 1 May 2007 at 8:02 am
As of this date, 1 may 07, The state of AZ. has passed into effect THE SMOKE-FREE ARIZONA ACT, by which, I, as an individual, no longer have the right to peaceful assembly with others, and my pursuit of happiness. I, now know the feeling of many of our black citizens of our past, and what they felt in their segregated state. They were chastised and persecuted daily in their attempt to be an American citizen. I, now have to "GO TO THE BACK OF THE BUS" or can not use the indoor facilities, for fear that I might contaminate someboby.I, now must go outside into the elements to enjoy my endeavor.What will be the next violation of our Constitutional rights that will taken away from us? "Segregation"was repealed, or wasit?,

quote:

No One Ever Died From Second Hand Smoke
Posted by Chuck on 23 Oct 2015 at 6:28 am
There is a very simple way non-smokers can prove their claims. Just produce the 100 of thousands of death certificates that state that the cause of death was second hand smoke. Can't find any? Ok produce a thousand death certificates that state specifically that the cause of death was second hand smoke. No? How about 1 hundred death certificates that say the person died only because of second hand smoke. Nope, not yet? Ok I will make it simple for you. Produce ten death certificates that state second hand smoke as a the cause of death. One death certificate? Do any of you non-smokers actually begin to see where this is going? No man made statistics, just actuall proof. Where is your actuall proof? If you have none then shut up and back off.