Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
I hadn't watched the movies since well before season 1 started, so I spent the last couple of days fixing that. I thought so before, but now I'm even more impressed with how seamlessly the show meshes with the mythos and just drops you right back in the story after skipping past 30 years of Ash being a bitter cashier. Maybe I'm just looking at the world through Bruce Campbell colored glasses, but in my heart I'm all like "Yeah Rome, Deadwood, and Breaking Bad were good and all. But this may just be the best show ever made".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
https://twitter.com/michaeljbassett/status/788859028675911680

This week's episode is going to owwwwwwn.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

:captainpop:

The hype is real.

Bruteman
Apr 15, 2003

Can I ask ya somethin', Padre? When I was kickin' your ass back there... you get a little wood?

I'm impressed by how gleefully sadistic all the car stuff was in that last episode. I thought it was gonna be hard to top the diner massacre in the first season but :aaa:

Speaking of movie-to-show mythos; sure, a lot of the scariness in the first two movies is about evil forces turning your friends and loved ones against you, but it's sort of couched in cliche "people in a remote location unwittingly mess with stuff they shouldn't" backdrop, so you expect it. The show has really amped up "bystanders being horribly butchered for being in the wrong place at the wrong time in everyday familiar places" to maximum levels, and it's brutally effective.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Jerusalem posted:

That ending was incredible, this show is incredible, the fact this show even exists is incredible.

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Yep. Still the best show on televsion.

Agreed all! (and other similarly wise posts)

This show is ridiculously incredible. Hail to the king, baby. Also great to finally see the legend, the myth Ted Raimi show up.

Ash emerging from the bathroom with a girl's head while everybody runs away in terror was the funniest moment for me in ep 3.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

Heavy Metal posted:

Ash emerging from the bathroom with a girl's head while everybody runs away in terror was the funniest moment for me in ep 3.

I loved when the Delta just froze for a second with it's tire over that kids face. My cat does the same thing with my dog when she wants to play where she'll run up and suddenly stop with one paw lifted an inch over the dogs head and then just sit there like "What do you think is gonna happen next, dog?"

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Just caught up on the last two episodes and this show is seriously the best. It's hilarious, the characters are all amazing, and it's just so loving gross in the best possible way. The morgue scene had me in stitches.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Heavy Metal posted:

This show is ridiculously incredible. Hail to the king, baby. Also great to finally see the legend, the myth Ted Raimi show up.

I'm not too proud to admit I did a fist-pump in the air when he made his appearance.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

GorgonSmithe posted:

Just caught up on the last two episodes and this show is seriously the best. It's hilarious, the characters are all amazing, and it's just so loving gross in the best possible way. The morgue scene had me in stitches.

I'm in the rear end

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

So, rewatching "My Name is Bruce", his Gulfstream is the same size on the outside, but the correct size on inside (by which I mean about 1/3rd of the size as it's presented in Ash vs Evil dead.)

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

"It's not like it can get worse" :allears: Ash, you really should know better, but you never, ever will.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

the show is a realistic depiction of life in midwest

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Pablo, you poor bastard, what have you done :ohdear:

Good episode, not as great as the previous ones but whatever, nice music though.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4i3wjL2qXU

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

Just when I thought I couldn't love this show more, they play this song.

The Necronomicon coughing up the little scrap of paper with the word on it had me cracking up.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Holy gently caress Geddy Lee from out of nowhere

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Angry Lobster posted:

Pablo, you poor bastard, what have you done :ohdear:

Good episode, not as great as the previous ones but whatever, nice music though.

What's the worse that can happen.

Agree, was a weaker episode. Next weeks looks great though.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
I'm doing it, dad!

I'm hard, dad!

This show :allears:

Darf
Jun 6, 2011

You have quite a treasure there...
"What the rice and beans is he doing here?"

"What the rice and beans are you doing here?"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I love how they can have a poignant moment like Ruby having to kill her own children, interspersed with scenes of Ash riding atop his possessed car while screaming to his dead father,"I'm hard, Dad, I'm hard!" :allears:

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy
What's the chainsaw for? Ice sculptures.

What's the shotgun for? If they don't pay for the ice sculptures.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Command Ant posted:

The Necronomicon coughing up the little scrap of paper with the word on it had me cracking up.

The one that got me was itsliding up from under the seat like, "TA DAAAAAA" and laughing.

I really want the Necronomicon itself to somehow get added to Ash's crew. Just sideplots including the wacky buddy cop adventures of Pablo, Ash, and the Necronomicon.

bathhouse
Apr 21, 2010

We're getting into a rhythm now
I loved the scenes with Ted and Bruce. Hopefully Ted doesn't get killed off too soon, although him playing a Deadite (again) would be awesome, i'm torn. Maybe they'll save that for next season.

What happened to Ash's possessed hand? is it still around?

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Think it regrew into an Evil Ash, then it was killed by Pablo and Kelly after a fairly funny scene where each version of Ash tries to implicate the other as the falsie.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Luchadork posted:

What's the chainsaw for? Ice sculptures.

What's the shotgun for? If they don't pay for the ice sculptures.

"Okay long story short - my car is possessed by an evil book being hunted by little demons who want to summon a big demon, also the car killed my dad."
".....okay let's go kill some demons!"

Chet is a bro :3:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Binary Badger posted:

Think it regrew into an Evil Ash, then it was killed by Pablo and Kelly after a fairly funny scene where each version of Ash tries to implicate the other as the falsie.

That scene was really funny for how Kelly guessed the real Ash

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I bet Ted gets possessed by the demon Ruby is afraid of.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
This show is really my dream. I always loved the Ted Raimi and Bruce Campbell episodes of Hercules and Xena so drat much. This is like the modern version of those, but every week, and mashed up with Evil Dead.

I hope that outside of the 7 seasons of this show we should get, this leads to more Raimi TV productions like in the 90s. Herc, Xena, Jack of All Trades. We need a new era of this humor on multiple shows.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 12 days!
This goes here

Ask about the sausage sampler :heysexy:

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

Capn Beeb posted:

This goes here

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

I like these new posters. This is such a good show. :allears:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

feedmyleg posted:

This show is really my dream. I always loved the Ted Raimi and Bruce Campbell episodes of Hercules and Xena so drat much. This is like the modern version of those, but every week, and mashed up with Evil Dead.

I hope that outside of the 7 seasons of this show we should get, this leads to more Raimi TV productions like in the 90s. Herc, Xena, Jack of All Trades. We need a new era of this humor on multiple shows.

Jack of All Trades rarely gets love. It was basically "The Dread Pirate Ash" and it was fantastic :allears:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Chokes McGee posted:

Jack of All Trades rarely gets love. It was basically "The Dread Pirate Ash" and it was fantastic :allears:

Hell yeah it was :hfive:

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,

Chokes McGee posted:

The one that got me was itsliding up from under the seat like, "TA DAAAAAA" and laughing.

I loved the whole "Nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition" flourish as it comes plowing though the floorboard garbage. I'm thinking about turning that on into an AV.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Capn Beeb posted:

This goes here

I learned something new today, and it was totally incredible.

Want a Captain Supermarket poster so badly now. :(

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
drat. As usual, I was really happy with it until I had to shave that last couple k off to get the size right. I'll toss it here if anybody wants it.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Frankenstyle posted:

drat. As usual, I was really happy with it until I had to shave that last couple k off to get the size right. I'll toss it here if anybody wants it.

toast is done OH GOD IT HAS A FACE

bathhouse
Apr 21, 2010

We're getting into a rhythm now
If you have 40 minutes to burn, here's a great interview with Bruce. He's so drat charasmatic :gay:

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy

bathhouse posted:

If you have 40 minutes to burn, here's a great interview with Bruce. He's so drat charasmatic :gay:

Bruce is a national treasure. That poor interviewer just could not corral him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Thanks for linking that interview. He's so goddamned funny. Love the guy.

• Locked thread