Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Did anyone notice that it bears a certain resemblance to Groverhaus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Now whenever this kind of obscure smilie is used it'll cause at least a small derail on the thread as some forums historian takes a paragraph or three explaining groverhaus because it was verboten for so long

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I left a cookie crumb trail through the smiley page to the SAclopedia :)

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

:grovertoot:

This, much like :iiaca:, will enter my posting smilie database to be cracked out once every blue moon and bring a smile to my face.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Solice Kirsk posted:

This, much like :iiaca:, will enter my posting smilie database to be cracked out once every blue moon and bring a smile to my face.

Do tell about :iiaca:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Under narrow contexts, such as talking about computers, it can become common to the point of cliche to compare things to cars.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Grover is reading this thread, and smiling.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Bongo Bill posted:

Under narrow contexts, such as talking about computers, it can become common to the point of cliche to compare things to cars.

Under an extraordinarily broad range of contexts, though, someone will try to explain something using cars as a reference.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

:regd13:

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

mods???

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Somfin posted:

Under an extraordinarily broad range of contexts, though, someone will try to explain something using cars as a reference.

:iiaca: :iiaca:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

:iiapa:

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING

please dont empty-quote my posts

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
Is this that famed car poo lane I keep hearing about

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Quoting myself because I just discovered to my unfettered joy that the new Android app lets me stop and start the derps and the woops with the mere touch of my finger, like I'm there in the flesh, in my own Grover hausparty!!!!!!

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Karate Bastard posted:

Quoting myself because I just discovered to my unfettered joy that the new Android app lets me stop and start the derps and the woops with the mere touch of my finger, like I'm there in the flesh, in my own Grover hausparty!!!!!!

"the derps and the woops" is the name of my epic internet meme themed big band ensemble

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

fish and chips and dip posted:

When people thought the earth was flat, they were wrong. When people thought the earth was spherical, they were wrong. But if you think that thinking the earth is spherical is just as wrong as thinking the earth is flat, then your view is wronger than both of them put together.

I'm not going to quote what this is a response to in case it starts a loving derail but I want y'all to know it's a drat fine burn.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

that's a drat fine job on the smiley but I can't let this get left in the dust because this is the funniest thing I've seen in ages.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

china bot posted:

the best part of this emote is the pipe sticking out of the window

"Do not live in it!"

"Fool! Grover does as he pleases!"

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Hot Smart ARYAN Girl posted:

good job guys, you somehow made yourselves look nerdier and more clueless than the woman who called weed jazz cabbage

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i'm hooting and honking and slapping my forearms together because i saw a small image of a house i recognise

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

DOWN JACKET FETISH posted:

i'm hooting and honking and slapping my forearms together because i saw a small image of a house i recognise

Woah, me too

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

"Jazz cabbage" is a loving awesome term for weed, tho

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Manifisto posted:

if you're looking for a long (double) av, maybe something like this? (I can break it up for you if you want)

Munchables posted:

Spooky doobie doo

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

value-brand cereal posted:

I'm not going to quote what this is a response to in case it starts a loving derail but I want y'all to know it's a drat fine burn.

It is that, but it's not a forums original.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

value-brand cereal posted:

Doc Hawkins posted:

It is that, but it's not a forums original.
Yeah, it's an almost exact quote from one of my favorite Asimov essays.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Enola Gay-For-Pay posted:

your own, virtual, jesus

NoneMoreNegative posted:

reach out and touch f /knocks over candlestick

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Cyber Man AND Priest

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

graybook posted:

"the derps and the woops" is the name of my epic internet meme themed big band ensemble

haha Shoop da woop rofl

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

So I followed the link to that thread...and didn't realized that ALL images in BYOB (not just the forum tag) all rotate slowly :lol: who came up with that anyways?

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

That is a shed

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

mysterious loyall X posted:

you say i was living in my parents' basement for 40 years and defending americas waves and breakers in a submarine at the same time? well to you trolls i say: you have violated a fundamental principle of physics.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

atomicthumbs posted:

haha Shoop da woop rofl

i don't think those things are related

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!

a kitten posted:

i don't think those things are related

i think your parents might be though

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

mobby_6kl posted:

Saw this at my parent's place:

It's perfume

thecluckmeme posted:

I bet it smells like rear end

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Grand Fromage posted:

Korea is the drunkest place on Earth. It can be a lot of fun.

My favorite drunk story was I was out with friends and one of said friends had puked. We were in the university area, and the bar street is kind of on a little ridge and the roads down to the main street are very steep. His puke went down one of these steep roads. It's a walking area, so it was paved like most walking areas in Korea and China--tiles that become idealized frictionless surfaces if they get wet. Why sidewalks are paved with a material that is impossible to walk on I will never know.

Anyway, my friend is on this bench after spewing and someone else, face buried in phone, walks into the puke. He immediately slips and falls down the hill in the vomit. This repeats multiple times, each time causing my friend to laugh hysterically which then makes him vomit more, creating more slippery area which another bephoned Korean walks into and slips down the hill in the puke and there's more puke and it's the circle of life.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
The slip 'n spew story is magical

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

/

don't forget the av that goes with it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Bertrand Hustle posted:

Yorkshire? :haw:

People often forget that what we think of as a particular regional accent is often a gigantic group of accents and dialects along a spectrum from "says words like 'pillow' and 'there' a bit differently" to "I can't understand a word this motherfucker is saying, is he even speaking English?"

Most Americans know like, two British accents: an exaggerated Cockney stereotype a la My Fair Lady, and ultra-posh RP.

No doubt these ladies would be mistaken for Irish in many parts of the US:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCOC1YwNwZw
I know that Geordie is an English accent (from Newcastle?) but for the life of me when they get slangy it's like listening to Flemish.