Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

I didn't even realize the raid armour had ornaments, is it the hard mode armour only or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Bob NewSCART posted:

I didn't even realize the raid armour had ornaments, is it the hard mode armour only or something?

Yes. And the ornaments themselves only drop from the challenges which haven't unlocked yet.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

haveblue posted:

Yes. And the ornaments themselves only drop from the challenges which haven't unlocked yet.

And they honestly don't even look that cool

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
Anyone know if you have to be wearing the full set of raid armour for the shader or if you just had to have had them drop at least once? I have a bunch of lovely rolls on spliced I'd like to infuse my other poo poo with.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

acumen posted:

Anyone know if you have to be wearing the full set of raid armour for the shader or if you just had to have had them drop at least once? I have a bunch of lovely rolls on spliced I'd like to infuse my other poo poo with.

They need to be in your inventory.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

So after a year I finally got Touch of Malice and... Yeah. I can see how that would have been good against Oryx... But...

Oh and is anyone else's grimoire entry for hydras bugged? Mines been stuck at 112 for as long as I can remember. I've definitely killed hundreds by now. It's annoying because it's the only non-crucible card that's not maxed out...

Akuma fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Oct 22, 2016

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Emron posted:

And they honestly don't even look that cool

The boots glow with toxic red smoke. The chest....glow red?. I guest the arms and helmet will complete the effect.

I want to be 400 already to start searching for the perfect combo of stats and look. Like.... my hunter would use the taken helmet, because that dark smoke coming from the head is awesome.

Then I want something that give double grenade or fast revive for Osiris, and have raid arms or raid boots for the raid. And of course, max super reload and grenades and make strengh has better has possible (I believe you achieve this by using high T quality items).

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Akuma posted:

So after a year I finally got Touch of Malice and... Yeah. I can see how that would have been good against Oryx... But...
it was good for sisters really. on oryx i only used it if i was doing ogre duty but i guess they recently nerfed it so it eats the whole blessing shield immediately so i wouldnt even use it there anymore.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Bungie lied, defenders died

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Awesome! posted:

it was good for sisters really. on oryx i only used it if i was doing ogre duty but i guess they recently nerfed it so it eats the whole blessing shield immediately so i wouldnt even use it there anymore.
Oh, yeah. Anywhere you have invincibility I guess.

It's a shame it doesn't feel like it's useful anywhere else. I love scout rifles, easily my favourite type of gun, but it doesn't feel good to use...

Edit: am I good to run the raid at 369?

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Akuma posted:

Oh, yeah. Anywhere you have invincibility I guess.

It's a shame it doesn't feel like it's useful anywhere else. I love scout rifles, easily my favourite type of gun, but it doesn't feel good to use...

Edit: am I good to run the raid at 369?

Yeah you're fine. Just have a few brain cells and it's smooth sailing

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Bob NewSCART posted:

Sounds like rough seas ahead

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Jinkys

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

Bob NewSCART posted:

where can I farm brain cells

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Akuma posted:

where can I farm brain cells

The womb

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

So is it the new weekly tradition that bungie.net takes a poo poo whenever trials is running?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Akuma posted:

Oh and is anyone else's grimoire entry for hydras bugged? Mines been stuck at 112 for as long as I can remember. I've definitely killed hundreds by now. It's annoying because it's the only non-crucible card that's not maxed out...

only red health bar enemies count, not the yellow bar majors (this goes for gunsmith weapons that want you to kill specific enemies, like captains/centurions/minotaurs/etc. as well)

except for some enemies, like hydras, ogres and collosus its almost 100% yellow bars on any content worth doing. Like even on story missions- if you do the lowest difficulty (why would you?) it'll be red, but if you do like a daily mission it'll be yellow

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRxO_koZEu0

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

xzzy posted:

So is it the new weekly tradition that bungie.net takes a poo poo whenever trials is running?

Sure seems it

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
I made a Trials setup/class breakdown for my 400 light level Titan: https://youtu.be/qDCwkmOnb7Y

Last 2 weeks of triaks have been the easiest ever. Haven't lost a game after 70 games accross the 2 weeks with a 7kd.

The first 2 weeks were harder. Those maps just didn't really work well for trials.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Mazerunner posted:

only red health bar enemies count, not the yellow bar majors (this goes for gunsmith weapons that want you to kill specific enemies, like captains/centurions/minotaurs/etc. as well)

except for some enemies, like hydras, ogres and collosus its almost 100% yellow bars on any content worth doing. Like even on story missions- if you do the lowest difficulty (why would you?) it'll be red, but if you do like a daily mission it'll be yellow

I know a lot of people who grinded for these for 5+ hours each for that sweet extra 10 grimour score.

Speaking of which, I'm pretty happy that the siva clusters don't do jack poo poo. Cuz I've only found about 10 of them.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Required for year 3 moments of triumph! Just you wait!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i have a new monarchy emblem and cape and shader on and its not counting toward my quest

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Awesome! posted:

Really? Leave it to bungie to nerf a gun that badly, thank god I never wasted my time on getting it.

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

Super No Vacancy posted:

i have a new monarchy emblem and cape and shader on and its not counting toward my quest

Quest is bugged if you use a class items that comes from the non-chroma faction packages.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i figured it was some stupid thing like that

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

CheeseFactory posted:

I made a Trials setup/class breakdown for my 400 light level Titan: https://youtu.be/qDCwkmOnb7Y

Last 2 weeks of triaks have been the easiest ever. Haven't lost a game after 70 games accross the 2 weeks with a 7kd.

The first 2 weeks were harder. Those maps just didn't really work well for trials.

You should go full streamer and start with "Hey it's your boy Rappo." It sounds more legitimate.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
I did this entire gif while talking to my mom over the phone teaching her how to use mobile boarding passes. :v:
http://i.imgur.com/bCdmjOH.gifv

and on to the good stuff
http://i.imgur.com/cdjiu2u.gifv

Maker Of Shoes fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Oct 22, 2016

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

Alteisen posted:

Really? Leave it to bungie to nerf a gun that badly, thank god I never wasted my time on getting it.

Someone on Reddit did the math for Aksis P2, and had it not been nerfed, under optimal conditions (supercharged with a bubble up every teleport) one person using it could do over a million damage to the boss with it.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

Emron posted:

Someone on Reddit did the math for Aksis P2, and had it not been nerfed, under optimal conditions (supercharged with a bubble up every teleport) one person using it could do over a million damage to the boss with it.

Which isn't very much?

I mean I do like 90k+ with a canon shot.

On each rotation

Without counting any of my non canon damage.

Emron
Aug 2, 2005

FishBulb posted:

Which isn't very much?

I mean I do like 90k+ with a canon shot.

On each rotation

Without counting any of my non canon damage.

It's a lot! Cannons are crushing damage if you aren't using dark drinker. 9 sleeper shots did about 300k for me last night with tether.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

Brine posted:

You should go full streamer and start with "Hey it's your boy Rappo." It sounds more legitimate.

"Wwwwwwwwwhats going on guys it's ya boy here"

Is the true and tested formula

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum
For Hulk Krogan:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Check out my new sniper rifle.

http://i.imgur.com/9uPXkJZ.gifv

http://i.imgur.com/hzcU9c3.gifv

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Been grinding the tits out of Forge, just got one with Hammer Forged, Single Point Sling, and Rangefinder :getin:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Wow, the extra raid chest at NM Axis didn't give me raid gear but Insurmountable skullfort. And it was capped at 385 despite being higher. That's pretty drat lame when all I wanted was the helmet for my titan.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Having a bad game, decided to contribute the only way I could, and seriously offended someone's sense of right and wrong.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
Raid pulse or raid hand cannon for shanks in Aksis pt 2? They're my highest light primaries, one is getting the boot.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

xzzy posted:

Having a bad game, decided to contribute the only way I could, and seriously offended someone's sense of right and wrong.

Wow compelling stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Pfft it's always funny when people rage about stupid things.

He went straight for the clan mates bluff.

• Locked thread