Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

red19fire posted:

Am I crazy or is there no ammo to be found anywhere in the single player?

Single player?

quote:

Also, what happened to spotting? I can spot someone but they don't turn up on the mini map. But they do if they're spotted by the flare gun. but not on the screen.

I'd guess spotting will get un-nerfed in a big way soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Yeah they need to unnerf spotting to reward people that can press buttons. A lot of people seem to have issues with this as evidenced by all the gas grenade kills I'm getting

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Snipers are too abundant and easy to use.

just make them a map pickup like the flamer or the sentry so half the team that doesnt want to play the game can gently caress off up on some hill and fight over it.

Also I got the 'play the objective' achievement on xbone, which is a rare achievement, that 2% of the playerbase has unlocked :v:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
landmines are good guys
http://i.imgur.com/TUZimb1.gifv

feels good man
http://i.imgur.com/ogjL7sj.gifv

gotta keep that trump train moving yo
http://i.imgur.com/tLUH9l1.gifv

moist turtleneck fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Oct 22, 2016

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
Rejoice: BF1 is good.

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

Multiplayer is good, single player is good, game is good. I like all the maps, bolt action with iron sights is da best. Getting 3 vehicle kills with k bullets for the current scout medal is a PITA though.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
What emblems are you guys using? I've got this equipped

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Oh God I just watched the promo reel for this and bought it for PS4 with bonus content what the hell is wrong with me it looks so good though.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
I'm on right now if anyone wants to play. Join my party through the ps4 community and I'll hook my mic up

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

are the xbone servers still hosed?

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo

Wazzit posted:

I couldn't resist. :iamafag:

https://giant.gfycat.com/HomelyImaginativeFrigatebird.mp4

This game is a lot of fun.

this poo poo can't install fast enough

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Wazzit posted:

Welp, this just sold me on it.

tqilamknbrd
Jun 6, 2009

your circumcision honestly disgusts me

Wazzit posted:

you're doing the lords work

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Do those medals persist or must you do all tasks ins a single game?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I want to imagine there were medic battles in ww1

http://i.imgur.com/JCQUB3d.gifv

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

PS4 Goons, let's war crime it up.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Game is pretty great (much like the war).

My only gripe is there isn't much in the way of unlockables. It's basically just guns and equipment. Nothing cosmetic or anyway to differentiate your soldier. I guess this makes sense since there are so many different factions it would be kinda hard to have unique outfits for each. I was hoping for something more along the lines of battlefront in that regard.

Schroeder91
Jul 5, 2007

Laserface posted:

Do those medals persist or must you do all tasks ins a single game?

They persist and you have to be tracking it to get credit towards it. I don't know if tracking a different medal will wipe the old one though.

V for Vegans
Jan 30, 2009

Popete posted:

Game is pretty great (much like the war).

My only gripe is there isn't much in the way of unlockables. It's basically just guns and equipment. Nothing cosmetic or anyway to differentiate your soldier. I guess this makes sense since there are so many different factions it would be kinda hard to have unique outfits for each. I was hoping for something more along the lines of battlefront in that regard.

I think more customization would be great, especially since the squad screen shows you each persons soldier despite each squad looking exactly the same since they're all just a bunch of medics and assaults and maybe a support or sniper. It doesn't have to be crazy, but I kind of hope it is just to make the people who cry about emblems in frame ruining their immersion that much angrier.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I fuckin love the anti-tank/anti sniper hidey hole weapons in this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQrxPPR54Js

Also love enemies with bad aim.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Man the Order of the Falcon mission stuff is kinda nuts. I'd stop if I wasn't basically half-done... but drat getting 3 vehicle destroys with the K Bullets is taking forever.

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

I already know what's going to bother me most about this game:

Playing several matches and not getting a single Battlepack drop. God drat it.

Game is fun as all hell though.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Feenix posted:

Man the Order of the Falcon mission stuff is kinda nuts. I'd stop if I wasn't basically half-done... but drat getting 3 vehicle destroys with the K Bullets is taking forever.

you really need a buddy running support so he can be your ammo bitch

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Anyone know how to level up blinkstrike in this game?

http://i.imgur.com/qIVWAeZ.gifv

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

you forgot to turn on backstab, dude would have been dead

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic
Struggling to like this game. Too few vehicles, infantry parachutes apparently non-existent. Vehicle spawning system is stupid. Being able to repair your tank from *inside* is beyond stupid.

No more stealing the enemy's armor and taking a point. No more charging a tank, drilling it until the driver bails, then stealing it and driving off into the sunset. No more sneaking into heavily defended enemy flags to steal the armor that spawns there, and frantic escape once you get it. No more Jihads, which have practically defined the crazy poo poo you can do in Battlefield since 1942. Hell, no more minimap so you can plan where you're going next.

And it's just so boring. In earlier Battlefields there were always 2-3 "only in battlefield" moments a night any time I played. I'm struggling to think of one moment over the last few days of gameplay.

Raskolnikov2089 fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Oct 22, 2016

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

Struggling to like this game. Too few vehicles, infantry parachutes apparently non-existent. Vehicle spawning system is stupid. Being able to repair your tank from *inside* is beyond stupid.

No more stealing the enemy's armor and taking a point. No more charging a tank, drilling it until the driver bails, then stealing it and driving off into the sunset. No more sneaking into heavily defended enemy flags to steal the armor that spawns there, and frantic escape once you get it. No more Jihads, which have practically defined the crazy poo poo you can do in Battlefield since 1942. Hell, no more minimap so you can plan where you're going next.

And it's just so boring. In earlier Battlefields there were always 2-3 "only in battlefield" moments a night any time I played. I'm struggling to think of one moment over the last few days of gameplay.

I dunno man, I've been playing for a grand total of like 3 hours and I've already stolen a tank, ramraided an objective with it, blown up an entire castle from across the map with a turret to get the sniper inside, rode an armoured death train mowing fools down, jumped out to grab a flamethrower kit, and torched my way to an objective... It's pretty loving awesome.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Lewis gun supression kit is my current go to. Sucks you can't go full ham and dump the whole mag at once though.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
What the gently caress is Cycle Zero Distance and why does pressing down on D pad not seem to do anything?

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Feenix posted:

What the gently caress is Cycle Zero Distance and why does pressing down on D pad not seem to do anything?

Cycles the distance that your rifle's sights are dialed in at. So if you cycle it to, say, 350 meters, you wouldn't have to aim above the enemy's head at that distance to land your shot. It's mostly not very useful unless you are hanging waaaaaay back with a sniper rifle, since 90% of the time you are going to be within the default range of the weapon's zero distance or at most will have to aim just a touch above them. I don't think there's any visual effect when you cycle it though. Also you have to be able to eyeball distance for it to matter anyway, unless the sniper rifle scopes have a range indicator - I've only used one once and then switched to the carbines for Scout, so I can't remember.

Also I sent a request for the Battlegoons group, hope I can join you all in raining down hell on pubbie heads. So far I'm having a blast with Support, once I unlocked the Benet-Mercie Storm everything just clicked and I usually go pretty close to 2:1 with it every game now. The small mag sucks once in a while, but a lot less often than you'd think, because the control and damage are so much better and you don't need to spray for days.

Raskolnikov2089 posted:

No more Jihads, which have practically defined the crazy poo poo you can do in Battlefield since 1942.

Pretty sure jeeps spawn on the map itself instead of using the system that tanks and stuff do. Or at least I've seen a lot of empty jeeps / motorcycles sitting around in spawn areas. And unless they changed it from the Beta, you can toss dynamite in the back of it and Jihad with that. Can't remember if you need to jump out and detonate it manually or if the impact is enough, though.

I do kinda wish the vehicle spawn system was different, though I guess either way it's basically "the fastest person gets it". Maybe putting an individual timer on it per player so that after you've bailed out / been destroyed, you can't spawn in the same vehicle for X amount of time or something? It is pretty annoying when the same person is always in the tank for the entire match, especially if they suck or if they sit way back and uselessly lob shells at random points for the whole game instead of pushing forward and supporting the infantry.

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Oct 23, 2016

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Also you have to be able to eyeball distance for it to matter anyway, unless the sniper rifle scopes have a range indicator - I've only used one once and then switched to the carbines for Scout, so I can't remember.

The periscope has a range indicator, when it chooses to function.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
First BF game I've played since 2142. Loving the Hell out of this. Running real well on Xbone too. Added my name to the list!

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
On a scale of 1 to :dice: , how buggy is the PS4 version? Also, how long before they split the player base with DLC?

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Lumpy posted:

On a scale of 1 to :dice: , how buggy is the PS4 version? Also, how long before they split the player base with DLC?

I've had one lost connection and seen one spastic corpse under a field gun, so pretty good all in all.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Lumpy posted:

Having said that both PS4/Xbone receive pretty high priority for patches.

sunday at work
Apr 6, 2011

"Man is the animal that thinks something is wrong."
Menus are laggy but the first DLC isn't until March.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Finger Prince posted:

I dunno man, I've been playing for a grand total of like 3 hours and I've already stolen a tank, ramraided an objective with it, blown up an entire castle from across the map with a turret to get the sniper inside, rode an armoured death train mowing fools down, jumped out to grab a flamethrower kit, and torched my way to an objective... It's pretty loving awesome.

Yep it's pretty easily my fav bf ever and I've owned all of them.

Skater h8er
May 11, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGogXUmN8mE pretty good video if your still confused by all the variant names of the guns.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

The bayonet charge is so amazing, even though sometimes its easy to overcorrect your course and accidentally run past your target if they take a corner too tight or something. Had some poor guy do that in my last game, just heard some screaming right behind me and then he ran past, missing me by like half a foot, and I blew out the back of his skull with my Model 10 and then died from a sniper because I was laughing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

ALL OF THEM
I've accepted everyone who's sent invites so far to the PS4 Battlegoons group.