Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

So what sidelined the Probable Causemero?

Inertia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Did you hook up with that chick yet?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Leperflesh posted:

What else is an engine for, but to burn rubber? I ask you.

Nailed that loving hammer right dead center of the glans.

As much of a joke as this sounds, I really didn't have long distance issues with any of my Volkswagens until I unearthed Rosemary's Bumpstop. I'll take the belt if you keep those crankshaft end play shims far, far away.

The Blue Bug took me with almost no oil pressure and blowing smoke on an 800 mile booty call to lose my Virginity at a Marylin Manson concert with about as much prep time as it took to hear the words 'I'll put out,"and the Bus did Shasta in January in a weekend when I decided gently caress it quick once over and it's good.

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

So what sidelined the Probable Causemero?

Dead fuel pump despite driving it for the last month with a split open radiator, blown water pump, and requiring about a gallon of added water per mile driven. For the record this began before the Tacoma run for the AMX, and I most definitely did not follow the maintenance schedule :ssh:

Rhyno posted:

Did you hook up with that chick yet?

I think the Fred Durst poetry scared her away.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
You did Shasta? :allears:

That's my pipe dream

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Earlier today I had a nice couple walking past stop to hear some honda tales and talk about their 76 they had years back, as I was opening a letter from home hoping for a gift card or something. Entire contents I received in front of two well meaning strangers were as follows:

I then went in to swap sandals for boots while telling Seat Safety, just in time for a spider 2" across to decide to bolt out from under the couch, across the tops of both bare feet, and vanished under the bed without any trace.

Water pump was leaking, but thankfully not from the three year old helicoil repairs on half the bolt holes, and not the pulley shaft. You can see debris that accreted alongside the gasket in its channel.

But for some loving reason there's a loving chamfer between the top two holes right under where the gasket should sit.

Pretty sure it had to be the crank seal that ruined the belt, cam seal i replaced already. I remembered when I saw the new seal already in there on closer inspection.

This poo poo works pretty great in a I ain't got time for this loving poo poo and i ain't got cash for degreaser even if I wanted so tough poo poo bitch sort of way.

Used some milk carton to make an endoskeleton for an E6000 weather seal.

Found a pretty good little magnet.

Sorry if the last two pics don't show up like on my end they work until I add the h at the end to resize.

SuperDucky
May 13, 2007

by exmarx
Godspeed, 14".

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
Stood in street. Watched it burn.

Imagined threadless aluminum stripping; paper gaskets flaking; impeller bearings seizing; bursting into flame one by one.

Watched for an hour. Nobody got out.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

14 BAR RIFF posted:

I think the Fred Durst poetry scared her away.

poo poo. I'd already picked out my costume suit for the wedding.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

You did Shasta? :allears:

That's my pipe dream

I learned to chain up and drive on snow at night on a one lane mountain road with a pass involving like a half mile of vertical elevation change and then how.to recover from a slide when you rotate 90* off from the direction of travel heading back down but with the one tiny issue of it not being the same 90* on the sharp turn that's coming up while you stare off into the blackness over a 600 foot drop into a freezing river.

A rare Bigfoot sighting.

Chaining up for the first time.

Someone bought the rights to this photo I took and made it into a t shirt, got a couple hundred bucks and a case of assorted color and size shirts out of it.

Final day of the trip we were all preparing to go our seperate ways after a final photo, a little beat to gently caress 2WD 80s Toyota pickup with camper shell drat near locks it's brakes up on the road next to us then flips a massively illegal u turn to swing into the lot and ask if anyone needs any weed. One dude said he'd take all they had, they replied no seriously we got you, he said no seriously ill take what you have. A pause of silence, hippy chick says hop in. Hes back 3 minutes later holding a brown grocery bag and he saus I have no loving money for gas to get to Tucson BUT I BOUGHT OVER A HALF POUND OF WEED DUDE HOLY poo poo

INCHI DICKARI fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Oct 23, 2016

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Marie Calendar pot pies are good

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
HELL YEAH FREE HALF BOX OF PERFECTLY GOOD FRANZIA NEXT TO THE 7-11

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

That's amazing. I know even a few years ago buses weren't worth anything like what they are today (gently caress Barrett Jackson) but even then that's a lot of poo poo. I saw a little bit of footage on The Bus Movie (documentary, came out in 2014 or 15 I think) about Shasta and it looked completely INSANE, and I've seen the Rusty Bus or whatever in person a few years ago here in Phoenix.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Seriously, I want to put that picture of you with the VW and a current one with the Causemaro next to each other as a PSA.

"FLAT RATE : NOT EVEN ONCE"

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Liquid Communism posted:

Seriously, I want to put that picture of you with the VW and a current one with the Causemaro next to each other as a PSA.

I like how you can see him change even within those few pictures.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

14 BAR RIFF posted:

This poo poo works pretty great in a I ain't got time for this loving poo poo and i ain't got cash for degreaser even if I wanted so tough poo poo bitch sort of way.

Dollar store oven cleaner works ok too

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
CLASSIFIED: TOP SECRET
OPERATION DICKTUNE DEPART: 251016 N600 HRS
TARGET: OMAHA BEACH
INTEL SHOWS OVERWHELMING ENEMY STRATEGIC ADVANTAGE AND FIRE SUPPORT
SECURE FIRST WAVE BEACH HEAD. HOLD FOR ARMOR REINFORCEMENTS. 101ST DICKBORNE REPORTING ARMOR SUPPORT IS DELAYED HOLD AT ALL COST.

MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON YOU ALL

INCHI DICKARI fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Oct 24, 2016

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
SARGE *gurgling chest rattle* MY DAD

M...MY DAD ohmygodicantgetthemallbackin

PLEASE

GIVE HIM THIS LETTER FROM ME

WHEN. YOU....MAKE ITBACK HOME *shakily raises a blood soaked middle finger then dies in the surf*

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
so does it go?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Rhyno posted:

so does it go?

I mean there's one or two minor things to finish up before I start wondering how to renew my registration, get i5 aligned, sort and pack my tools, wash my laundry, reconnect the heater defroster and cigarette lighter, reinstall my fan after finishing the rewirng, clean my room, get cat supplies, feed the snake, and maybe if theres time clock myself in the dick with a splitting maul a couple times before i hope to leave Tuesday morning

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I swear if someone ever manages to invent something that could instantly double the available working hours in a day while also eliminating fatigue and pain, perhaps also dialing up the gain on alertness and focus, he'll maybe bump up that core temp a bit and keep that heart rate nice and sledgehammer just in case the weather turns sour once it gets nice and dark and quiet, gently caress. That dude is gonna make so much loving money.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah, that's called "youth," and famously: it is wasted on the young.

everdave
Nov 14, 2005
That is called meth and let's stay away from that poo poo

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

14 BAR RIFF posted:

I swear if someone ever manages to invent something that could instantly double the available working hours in a day while also eliminating fatigue and pain, perhaps also dialing up the gain on alertness and focus, he'll maybe bump up that core temp a bit and keep that heart rate nice and sledgehammer just in case the weather turns sour once it gets nice and dark and quiet, gently caress. That dude is gonna make so much loving money.

Hitler tried it and I think we all learned enough from ACVWs to not trust that dude's judgment.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

everdave posted:

That is called meth and let's stay away from that poo poo

I figured it was obviously tongue in cheek enough considering I no longer have the teeth that formerly obstructed such a complicated feat of agility and stamina.

Liquid Communism posted:

Actually my first year at De Anza Auto Tech I ran for the tech club class secretary, dressed as a sexy secretary. All 6'1 282 lb 44 inch waist of me crammed into a spandex women's medium black miniskirt, the closest thing to black Goodwill stilettos I could find in my size for under 5 dollars, panty hose wth the lines up the back, my best office shirt and tie rubber banded up just about as high as I could get it to go while tastefully covering my delicates, the brightest pair of bulge accentuating contour directing neon boxer briefs I could find, and a hair cut that could really only be described as 'if Hitler happened to play in A Flock of Seagulls.

Came to the club meeting before class, caught my instructor as he was exiting his office sipping his coffee, he flat put pulled an Abe Simpson and heel pivoted a flawless 180 turn that could put any competition marching Corp to loving SHAME, shut his office door, and turned out the light.

Rick Maynard, the Power train instructor got one look at me, drat near broke something laughing until he had to sit, asked me to strike a pose and to this day uses that picture on his day 1 introduction lecture explaining automatics, stadards, and then there's this kind of tranny *PowerPoint remote click new slide, crosses his arms and just takes it in*

Rick Maynard is me, from the future. In the past. After the cataclysm yet to come destroys our concept of the fourth dimension and Time itself can never be put back the way it was ever again.

But the Ascendency happens when I come back from the truck by way of Vegas, and aim for that stretch of road somewhere outside Barstow. And you all will be ready for it

Brace for the G's. And fast heel toe work.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Actually my first year at De Anza Auto Tech I ran for the tech club class secretary, dressed as a sexy secretary. All 6'1 282 lb 44 inch waist of me crammed into a spandex women's medium black miniskirt, the closest thing to black Goodwill stilettos I could find in my size for under 5 dollars, panty hose wth the lines up the back, my best office shirt and tie rubber banded up just about as high as I could get it to go while tastefully covering my delicates, the brightest pair of bulge accentuating contour directing neon boxer briefs I could find, and a hair cut that could really only be described as 'if Hitler happened to play in A Flock of Seagulls.

Good Lord I wish I could write you.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

14 BAR RIFF posted:

Came to the club meeting before class, caught my instructor as he was exiting his office sipping his coffee, he flat put pulled an Abe Simpson and heel pivoted a flawless 180 turn that could put any competition marching Corp to loving SHAME, shut his office door, and turned out the light.

Rick Maynard, the Power train instructor got one look at me, drat near broke something laughing until he had to sit, asked me to strike a pose and to this day uses that picture on his day 1 introduction lecture explaining automatics, stadards, and then there's this kind of tranny *PowerPoint remote click new slide, crosses his arms and just takes it in*

Rick Maynard is me, from the future. In the past. After the cataclysm yet to come destroys our concept of the fourth dimension and Time itself can never be put back the way it was ever again.

But the Ascendency happens when I come back from the truck by way of Vegas, and aim for that stretch of road somewhere outside Barstow. And you all will be ready for it

Brace for the G's. And fast heel toe work.

:allears: The imagery is fantastic, I'm still cackling

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
You can draw me instead, Jack.

Like, I don't even know where to begin on Barstow, because totally seperate from Fear and Loathing only one other man on the planet knows what happened there six years ago before I was born in a few weeks coming back from Nebraska. Because as a stout non believer, to lay it all out as a factual event borders on pre destination, fractal dimensions, errant worm holes, and so far a rapidly solidifying prophecy that even to me is easily the most loving insane sounding thing I've ever created, and it honestly terrifies me out that I've had an outside observer this whole time verifying that I didn't just leave my brain in Barstow back in mid November this entire time

INCHI DICKARI fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Oct 24, 2016

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
And as the seafoam anasthesia wears off after the successful operation, Justin learns for the first time the terrible curse his Creator saw fit to bestow upon him. Total understanding behind the concept of full self awareness, coupled with cognizance nuanced enough to grasp the nature of this abomination of reality he has become. Instantly, this mind that was but moments before mere metal and rubber grasps that he is merely the plaything of a psychotic man who has been inside or removed nearly every piece without any consent requested or given.

His life, filled only with doubt and questions and a mathematically perfect understanding of the concept of total oblivion struggles to find purpose. Struggles to act upon this world so cruelly forced onto, then into him.

He does not recognise the words, and panic licks icy cold through his harnesses as he struggles to find meaning behind the words his Creator spoke to him at the moment of his birth.

What does "barnacle jim lmfao" even mean in this impossible universe of contradiction and lie, and why does it fill him with what his brand new mind tells him is called absolute terror?

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
:aaaaa:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
https://youtu.be/Fl0ahDKR0QU

TheShazbot
Feb 20, 2011

perfect song for my computer janitor rear end.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
It has eaten literally the entire loving day to go from here last night to having the covers bolted on.

As of 4:30 i was here mentally.

As of 5 someone asked whether or not I should cover anything.

As of 530 I achieved total penetration of all suraces front and rear with active running rain water against skin.

The night is young. Got a schedule to catch up on.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
It didn't have to be like this, Justin.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
No change. Civic still refuses to even stumble.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
They say the Lord doesn't give you anything you can't handle.

Which pretty serendipitously doubles as a follow up to the previously mentioned half box of Franzia He saw fit to reward me with out there by the 711 dumpster.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
D...don't.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I mean, we all enjoy a cardboard of franzia every now and again, but.

What about the no start issue?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

It's cool man alchohol sterilizesshit

Hell if I know

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
That's why it's an issue and not a checklist item

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

You need a cardboard checklist. The Lord helps those who help themselves.

Edit: I suppose the box of wine may be pointing you in this direction. Save the box, sayeth the Lord.

• Locked thread