Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
I'd rather see Edgar Wright make his own superhero if he wanted to gently caress with that genre. A Darkman kinda deal from him would be dope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
darkman is better than the Spider Man movies, Memento (def a superpower) is better than the Nolan Batmans, and Super is better than Guardians, so this checks out

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Scyantific posted:

Tim Miller just left Deadpool 2, supposedly over "creative differences."

Here's more info:

quote:

Miller, who owns a visual effects studio and we’re told did much of the polishing work on the original “Deadpool” for free, wanted more of a stylized sequel, while the actor placed his focus more on the raunchy comedy style that earned the first movie its R rating.

The casting issue also eventually came to a head over the possible booking of Kyle Chandler in the sequel. Mashable movie reporter Jeff Sneider first reported Chandler’s potential involvement with the “Deadpool” sequel during a “Meet the Movie Press” podcast, saying that the actor’s name has been “floating around for Cable for months.” The insider close to the situation tells TheWrap that Miller wanted the “Bloodline” star to play Cable, though Reynolds did not and that the studio, ultimately, backed its marketable star.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
While it deffo would be neat to have a much more unique visual style for DP2, I'm glad of the fact that their priority is the writing (such as it is). DP1 looked fine, and if DP2 looks the same I don't think it'll be bad at all. Although with Cable in the picture, and maybe time travel(?) and poo poo they're gonna have to up their game, anyway.

I do hope they pay the dude, if he worked on it for free. That's kinda hosed up if they haven't.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
A lot of the comedy in Deadpool was bad.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

Kyle chandler as cable sounds awful so I can see why Reynolds put his foot down. The studio backing him is a given.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Mordiceius posted:

It was true to the comics.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.
Hot take: X-Men Origins was funnier than Deadpool.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

You can tell Deadpool was a good and popular movie because nerds can't wait to drop hot takes on it.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

TetsuoTW posted:

You can tell Deadpool was a good and popular movie because nerds can't wait to drop hot takes on it.
wow I guess that means BvS was a masterpiece :rolleye:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

K. Waste posted:

My cousin said his favourite X-Men movie is the bootleg No-CGI Origins.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

K. Waste posted:

:lol: if you believe this. Deadpool is huge now because of the movie.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
We were laughing at X-Men Origins, not with it

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

K. Waste posted:

If you're counted the leaked version, I'd still say no, but I'd accept your opinion.

As it stands though, the movie's kinda dull. It's a billion times funnier with the wires and green screen.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

Mordiceius posted:

The film would be dead in the water if it hadn't approximated the look of a David Fincher joint.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Deadpool was a real bummer in terms of revealing what our messed up society thinks is funny

Punkin Spunkin posted:

wow I guess that means BvS was a masterpiece :rolleye:

This statement plays differently than u assume

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006

Hat Thoughts posted:

Deadpool was a real bummer in terms of revealing what our messed up society thinks is funny

If laughing at a horrible scarred cancer riddled man jerking himself off with a baby sized hand and a stuffed unicorn is a mark against society then we really should end it all now, cause that poo poo was hilarious.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

You are not a human being if toilet and sex humor don't work for you.

Literally not.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012
Oh I didnt mean the subject matter i just meant i thought the jokes were bad

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I dont really remember the jokes

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Just dropping by to let you know

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Hat Thoughts posted:

This statement plays differently than u assume

Today's mixed up teens.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Holy poo poo is this is half true then man, gently caress Ryan Reynolds.

The guy does the sfx for free on Reynolds little pet project (after I'm sure nobody would touch him with a 20 foot pole after his "star power" ruined Green Lantern) and then Reynolds goes all foot stamping diva on him? That's pretty messed up.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Guy A. Person posted:

The guy does the sfx for free on Reynolds little pet project (after I'm sure nobody would touch him with a 20 foot pole after his "star power" ruined Green Lantern) and then Reynolds goes all foot stamping diva on him? That's pretty messed up.

I would more assume it's that he did the sfx for free to get himself the director's chair.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Guy A. Person posted:

It is hardly Ryan Reynolds fault that the guy decided to work for free, or that he is now leaving because the movie studio sided with the guy who made the first movie a success.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Hat Thoughts posted:

Oh I didnt mean the subject matter i just meant i thought the jokes were bad

It's just a reminder that most blockbuster comedies are really bad.

Tyler Perry movies. The glut of Melissa McCarthy movies. All of the Kevin Hart films. Most Zach Galifianakis projects.

I find them to be painfully unfunny. So it's not a surprise that I thought Deadpool was fairly unfunny. I don't like much comedy.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Accident Underwater posted:

I would more assume it's that he did the sfx for free to get himself the director's chair.

Oh yeah I'd absolutely agree, but I also thought the whole Deadpool production miracle was how these guys were all super passionate to the point that they would do stuff like take on free work because they really believed in the project. This kind of news makes it seem like it's shifted in a more cynical direction.

Oasx posted:

It is hardly Ryan Reynolds fault that the guy decided to work for free, or that he is now leaving because the movie studio sided with the guy who made the first movie a success.

Presumably another guy who made the movie a success was the guy who did free work to make sure this movie that the studios were reluctant to take a chance on stayed under its super tight budget. And also directed the movie

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Today's mixed up teens.

K. Waste
Feb 27, 2014

MORAL:
To the vector belong the spoils.

Excelsiortothemax posted:

If laughing at a horrible scarred cancer riddled man jerking himself off with a baby sized hand and a stuffed unicorn is a mark against society then we really should end it all now, cause that poo poo was hilarious.

This is "funny content." Funny is when Hugh Jackman says, "Woah... Coo-coo-cachoo got screwed."

The funniest gag in Deadpool is where he chews his hand off but remembers to flip Colossus the bird before he leaves.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I still really appreciate "McAvoy or Stewart? These timelines are confusing." line, and the line about the Mansion being so empty because of licensing reasons.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Humor tier list:

The Idea that Ryan Reynolds is a "Marketable Star"
The X-Men Origins Workprint
Deadpool

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Deadpool is the only superhero comic book character I actually like, and his jokes are always a hit or miss. The character itself is what appeals to me, and they nailed it. His jokes are him coping with pain and trauma. For me, them being lovely is important.

No idea if that will hold up in the sequel .

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

K. Waste posted:

This is "funny content." Funny is when Hugh Jackman says, "Woah... Coo-coo-cachoo got screwed."

The funniest gag in Deadpool is where he chews his hand off but remembers to flip Colossus the bird before he leaves.

You sound fun.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Hey guys lets argue what humor is. What is humor?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
humor is funny

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I believe that, after you read the following essay, you will agree that it most certainly is not.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Humor is when you fall in a manhole and die.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Hey guys lets argue what humor is. What is humor?
yo momma

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I believe that, after you read the following essay, you will agree that it most certainly is not.

"Fucken magnets how do they work?"

• Locked thread