Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
IIRC, people complained about the way he pronounces it, so now he does it with emphasis to basically spite those people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

he's just talking about the era of the Modrons.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

And lol if you think there isn't a decent sized contingent of Australians who still call it Ayers Rock. Like most of Australia's racism it's barely below the surface and pretty prevalent if you try to look for it. Since moving from Sydney to Brisbane I've definitely had my opinion of the rest of my compatriots lowered substantially - people up here are more than happy to spout off fairly amazing drivel to all and sundry.

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

I have to say, when I first saw fanart of Hot Taako before listening to the Adventure Zone I was a bit dubious, since Justin's voice doesn't exactly conjure up images of pretty elf boys

and then I heard what voice he actually gives Taako

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Everyone loves beef boy Magnus but Taako is the real dreamboat of Tres Horny Boys

Also Justin's out of character aside that Taako is not closeted but just in fact does not give a gently caress what the two dipshits he travels with know about who he's into was adorable.

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Everyone loves beef boy Magnus but Taako is the real dreamboat of Tres Horny Boys

You spelled Merle wrong.

Evelyn Nesbit
Jul 8, 2012

Tatum Girlparts posted:

This is the correct opinion.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Alaois posted:

he's just talking about the era of the Modrons.

I was flipping through my 5e MM a couple weeks ago when I had an :eyepop: moment seeing the modrons

these are the corniest monsters in D&D, I don't know why they brought them back for 5e, but bravo to whoever made the decision

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

padijun posted:

I was flipping through my 5e MM a couple weeks ago when I had an :eyepop: moment seeing the modrons

these are the corniest monsters in D&D, I don't know why they brought them back for 5e, but bravo to whoever made the decision

modrons are like, the only good poo poo in D&D not connected to Eberron or Dark Sun.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Alaois posted:

modrons are like, the only good poo poo in D&D not connected to Eberron or Dark Sun.

A lawful stupid race of geometric shapes with a caste system, how compelling :rolleye: <that's a monodrone

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

Ariong posted:

He pronounced it wrong in the first episode, then did it in the following episodes to make it seem intentional.

SpacePig posted:

IIRC, people complained about the way he pronounces it, so now he does it with emphasis to basically spite those people.

I'm down with this. Thanks for the context!

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

The Schwa posted:

does Justin's pronunciation of 'modern' bug anyone else, has this ever been addressed

SpacePig posted:

Coffee And Pie posted:

They've also attributed that to an actor in some theatre company they were in.
I always figured it was (at least initially) a reference to the pronunciation that Styx used in Mr. Roboto :shrug:

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
It's a little joke. That's the reason.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

padijun posted:

A lawful stupid race of geometric shapes with a caste system, how compelling :rolleye: <that's a monodrone

reread my post and consider their loving competition

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
There are so many people tweeting their fries-preference at Ashton Kutcher right now

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I listened to about half of the new episode half-asleep at 1 thinking it was an old ep I had downloaded. I didn't even have it downloaded, RIP my data.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Marilyn Monroe wearing a Bart Simpson shirt eh? Wow, never figured this was how I would find out what my deepest kink is.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

Marilyn Monroe wearing a Bart Simpson shirt eh? Wow, never figured this was how I would find out what my deepest kink is.

Not even close to deepest. Now photoshop Marilyn Monroe in a Bart shirt eating Griffin.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I think my favorite part of that whole bit was Travis(?) quietly pointing out a photo of Marilyn Monroe holding three ice cream cones

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

pee out my butt posted:

Not even close to deepest. Now photoshop Marilyn Monroe in a Bart shirt eating Griffin.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a cute guy willing to work out to the Bobby's World theme song?

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Griffin says "sort of" too much

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

myron cope posted:

Griffin says "sort of" too much

I can sort of see what you're saying.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ojEL4xKs0w

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
This episode felt pretty short and uneventful.

I watched it about an hour ago and already I can't even really recall what happened in it.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Asiina posted:

This episode felt pretty short and uneventful.

I watched it about an hour ago and already I can't even really recall what happened in it.

Yeah it's really boring when Griffin steamrolls everything. We need some losses to shake things up

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/travismcelroy/status/791358116663287809

:kimchi:

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

Austin should just be a co-host of Cool Games Inc

NieR Occomata
Jan 18, 2009

Glory to Mankind.

Yeah, Austin is excellent on CGI.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
My favorite cohost was the video editor who wouldn't allow the basketball men to move, and the giants had to be in the background.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

greatn posted:

My favorite cohost was the video editor who wouldn't allow the basketball men to move, and the giants had to be in the background.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ni_8BzPNbjs

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Bet he and Justin are bummed the kid didn't hold out until November 8th

Also I am crossing my fingers for Jeff Gerstmann on CGI

kidcoelacanth fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Oct 26, 2016

ChumpsForChange
Jun 2, 2011
Hope there's a dueling Leesa sponsored episode at some point to counter the ghost mattress episode

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

kidcoelacanth posted:

Bet he and Justin are bummed the kid didn't hold out until November 8th

Also I am crossing my fingers for Jeff Gerstmann on CGI

jeff gerstmann, or dan ryckert?

HEAVEN OR HELL

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

Luneshot posted:

Austin should just be a co-host of Cool Games Inc

just give me an adventure zone bonus episode with Austin playing an NPC. hell, i would be super excited if they just had one or two of the flophouse guys skype in for a brief little moment as their character from the switcheroo epsiode. Probably nigh logistically impossible, and might mess with the flow of it, though.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

hell, i would be super excited if they just had one or two of the flophouse guys skype in for a brief little moment as their character from the switcheroo epsiode.

Ironically, this is literally the last thing I want ever.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Waffleman_ posted:

Ironically, this is literally the last thing I want ever.

~looOOooong iiIIiirrrriTATing CAAAAaameeeeEOOOOS Liiikee THIIIiiisss oooONE~

gently caress that show and gently caress the time I spent listening to it thanks to the MBMBAM dudes gushing about it coincidentally at exactly the same time it joined their network.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Have Austin DM whatever is coming after Adventure Zone is finished

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luneshot
Mar 10, 2014

OneDeadman posted:

Have Austin DM whatever is coming after Adventure Zone is finished

Yes please