Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Dubious posted:

did you pay them all bonuses? because bonuses come out of your immediate cash pool and you need to make more money so hopefully you didn't do exactly that!

Apparently not! :iiam: :retrogames:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

My old roommate and I used to play a lot of games both versus and co-op but now we live on opposite coasts and are looking to play online.

Do any of the recent Madden games feature online co-op? Ideally, we're looking for an online connected franchise where we each control a team and play against each other normally when matched up during the season. Every other game (the ones against AI), we'd like to be able to jump in on the other's team and play together while the main owner handles playcalling. Failing that, we'd at least like a version with ANY team play so that we can occasionally mix it up with co-op outside of connected franchise. Does any version 13-17 for 360 have this?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Teeter posted:

My old roommate and I used to play a lot of games both versus and co-op but now we live on opposite coasts and are looking to play online.

Do any of the recent Madden games feature online co-op? Ideally, we're looking for an online connected franchise where we each control a team and play against each other normally when matched up during the season. Every other game (the ones against AI), we'd like to be able to jump in on the other's team and play together while the main owner handles playcalling. Failing that, we'd at least like a version with ANY team play so that we can occasionally mix it up with co-op outside of connected franchise. Does any version 13-17 for 360 have this?

no, this feature does not exist online anymore. you can only make a league and play each other if the schedule matches up your teams.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Bummer. That's what we're working with now, we were just hoping there was a way to also play on the same team online without couch co-op. VS mode is fun but occasionally we like to mix it up and play together to see how many sacks we can get or try not to gently caress up offensive that badly. Oh well, thanks for the answer.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Is MUT even more grindy this year for people who don't buy packs? Might go straight into CFM if that's the case.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
was this a thing last year?

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

JPrime posted:

was this a thing last year?

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Mystic Stylez posted:

Is MUT even more grindy this year for people who don't buy packs? Might go straight into CFM if that's the case.

I haven't played in a couple years, but the promos are fun, the rest of it is a grind. I made 2 extra accounts to farm on and made a lot of coins that way, and had fun doing that. Now I just do the daily challenges and some H2H here and there. Never spent a dime, don't see the point.

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Michael Corleone posted:

I haven't played in a couple years, but the promos are fun, the rest of it is a grind. I made 2 extra accounts to farm on and made a lot of coins that way, and had fun doing that. Now I just do the daily challenges and some H2H here and there. Never spent a dime, don't see the point.

Don't you have to pay subscription fees to play online with your other 2 accounts?

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH

Mystic Stylez posted:

Not exactly. For the highest rated player in sets, yeah it still can be an insane grind. What is different this year is the solo challenges. There are a lot more opportunities for getting packs from the solo challenges, as well as a lot more coins and elite players from challenges.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Papes posted:

Don't you have to pay subscription fees to play online with your other 2 accounts?

I am on Xbox One, as long as you have Gold on one account that is all you need. I read it is the same on PS4. You can have a total of 5 accounts in Madden, but 3 is one too many for me.

SurgicalOntologist
Jun 17, 2004

I've been playing Madden 08 on PC for almost a decade. Been playing Madden Mobile but it's not scratching the itch. If I was going to buy a console just for Madden, what should I get? I've never owned a console.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

SurgicalOntologist posted:

I've been playing Madden 08 on PC for almost a decade. Been playing Madden Mobile but it's not scratching the itch. If I was going to buy a console just for Madden, what should I get? I've never owned a console.

ps4

Dralun
May 22, 2012

SurgicalOntologist posted:

I second PS4.

You can play with more goons and, if you care for it, the best baseball video game, The Show, is only on PS4.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010
Hey guys, just got madden on xbone! Is there a xbone league???

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Oberst posted:

We should make one! Not one on here ATM. Fantasy draft though cuz the Browns suck too much to play with.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Lmao

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
Does anyone else have automatic game dvr recording on for this game? Does yours also only record plays when you are on offense, leaving out all of your cool pick sixes or kick return TDs, but saving every horrible Int you throw?

Thanks Xbox, I really wanted to rewatch my dumb throws into triple coverage as opposed to the sack fumble td I forced.

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score
I hate it when you get the game clip saved notice coming up just as you start to kick your PAT and miss because you cant see the accuracy point.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Oberst posted:

Noted goon whatspeakyou has been running a secret XBox Madden league

https://www.twitch.tv/whatspeakyou

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

Wiccan Wasteland posted:

Noted goon whatspeakyou has been running a secret XBox Madden league

https://www.twitch.tv/whatspeakyou

I just by happenstance wandered in here to see this. I don't actually run it; rather it's that simchampions website I'm a member of. All sim-style play, lots of rules to force that, etc. All games get streamed, some of the primetime games have an actual play-by-play commentator, etc.

Super Bowl is tomorrow actually. Pre-game will broadcasted at around 8pm EST (assuming Cleveland wins tonight... site owner is an Indians fan) on https://www.twitch.tv/simchampions I recommend you check it out. another goon, mmorgan184, will be playing in it as the Cardinals.

Wiccan how'd you find my stream anyway? I used to stream other stuff every day but real life threw a kink in that, so right now it's just madden 3 times a week.

Thanks for the plug though!

whatspeakyou fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Nov 1, 2016

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

whatspeakyou posted:

I just by happenstance wandered in here to see this. I don't actually run it; rather it's that simchampions website I'm a member of. All sim-style play, lots of rules to force that, etc. All games get streamed, some of the primetime games have an actual play-by-play commentator, etc.

Super Bowl is tomorrow actually. Pre-game will broadcasted at around 8pm EST (assuming Cleveland wins tonight... site owner is an Indians fan) on https://www.twitch.tv/simchampions I recommend you check it out. another goon, mmorgan184, will be playing in it as the Cardinals.

Wiccan how'd you find my stream anyway? I used to stream other stuff every day but real life threw a kink in that, so right now it's just madden 3 times a week.

Thanks for the plug though!

I signed into XBox Live on PC and it showed that you had streamed so I followed the link. I'm afterfather(BJTheRealist on XBL) btw. NCAA leagues and all that jazz.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

I'm beginning to wonder if there's a pattern to the collectibles exchange on the Champions set (mobile). An all gold piece set seems to get elite regularly, I wonder if all elites get the conference markers.

whatspeakyou
Mar 3, 2010

no fucks given.

Wiccan Wasteland posted:

I signed into XBox Live on PC and it showed that you had streamed so I followed the link. I'm afterfather(BJTheRealist on XBL) btw. NCAA leagues and all that jazz.

Oh alright. Didn't recognize the SA name. Seems a lot of goons from the NCAA leagues are still around playing PS4 madden.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Darth Brooks posted:

I'm beginning to wonder if there's a pattern to the collectibles exchange on the Champions set (mobile). An all gold piece set seems to get elite regularly, I wonder if all elites get the conference markers.

You get an elite no matter what for the champions exchange. Click the little "i" in the corner, it says this. For me getting the conference cards has been pretty random. I've got a couple from the collectible exchange as well.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I was playing an exhibition match against the Saints, it was 2nd & 10, I got a pick six, hit start, got back to the game and suddenly it was 3rd & 3 for New Orleans in the end zone with my TD not counting. What the gently caress?!

Mystic Stylez fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Nov 3, 2016

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
I had this happen once except when I unpaused it was 3rd and -3.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Is it just me or do offensive practices dial down catching in traffic stats a ton? That cover 6 attack drill is hair tearing.

One drop costs you the gold so basically your receiver has to be wide open, past the first down.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Eifert Posting posted:

Is it just me or do offensive practices dial down catching in traffic stats a ton? That cover 6 attack drill is hair tearing.

One drop costs you the gold so basically your receiver has to be wide open, past the first down.

Whenever I go for the gold it seems the corners triple up on whoever I'm supposed to target

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Eifert Posting posted:

I think it's just your WRs. I routinely get away with aggressive catches in traffic doing the drills.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Papes posted:

I think it's just your WRs. I routinely get away with aggressive catches in traffic doing the drills.

AJ Green and Tyler Eifert?

I just had my first draft and got a wr in the second who's 6.5, 96 speed and 92 jumping. Good catching ratings. Bad awareness and rr dropped him to 76 overall, but all the stats that cost points are high. He even comes stock with that stupid blond hair out the helmet that looks like yarn. :getin:

Does anyone know how you can take udfas to fill out the preseason roster? Is it just FA in preseason week one? The list seems really picked over.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Yeah, it's just free agents in preseason week one. There aren't going to be any high OVR guys, most usually being in the mid-60s at best, but you can definitely find some excellent developmental or role player types. I've found a few good corners that all had decent coverage abilities and just needed to work on their AWR and play recognition to bump them up to the low 70s within a season or so. Best UDFA I've stumbled on was a 68-ish OVR TE I picked up on a whim as a #3/Blocking guy who it turns out had either quick or superstar development, and by the end of his rookie year was 76 OVR and was my starter.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Big rear end patch today that fixes a big number of mechanic grievances:

Gameplay
Addressed some RAC catch animations that were incorrectly triggering drops in certain situations.
Addressed certain situations where Ice the Kicker was not triggering even though conditions were met.
Fixed issue where catching a missed field goal in the end zone caused the position of the ball and the direction of play from the field goal play to be used in the play following the turnover
Addressed certain instances of defenders traveling across the field when the defensive play is flipped, instead of switching assignments
Fixed issue where receivers were getting a speed boost by timing the snap with motioning.
Fixed several fatigue issues related to weather/temperature penalties for the Away team.
Fixed an issue where using the give up mechanic after recovering a fumble would cause the player to fumble again.
Fixed an issue where users could consistently place the ball in the coffin corner on a kickoff with an inaccurate kick.
Fixed an issue in 3-4 Under where safety was taking himself out of the play vs. outside runs.
Fixed a rare issue where the QB would pass the ball backwards when attempting to throw while crossing the LOS.
Fixed an issue where user could ice their own kicker when calling a time out during a field goal attempt.
Fixed an issue where a successful fake FG run would result in the player being called out of bounds.
Fixed an issue where player icons were displaying ‘grey’ color for fatigue on the play call screen.
Fixed an issue where the ball would rarely hit the FB when running HB Lead toss out of I Form Tight.
Fixed an issue where the wind direction arrow was backwards in CFM.
Fixed an issue where increasing the fumble slider was not causing more fumbles.
Fixed an issue where Defenders were not always being credited with a Sack and Forced fumble in the Stats screen when causing a sack-fumble
Madden Ultimate Team
Added MUT Head-to-Head Seasons
Added Super Bowl presentation to appropriate MUT Head-to-Head games
Added the ability to give rewards after each MUT Head-to-Head game rather than waiting until the Event is over
Added additional logic to tell how many items you have available to add to a particular set
Commentary
New lines and logic added for post PAT scenarios. This is previously a spot in the game where we had no commentary
New/additional names added for RB’s, QB’s,Kickers/Punters, and WR’s
New postplay analysis from the team for various different situations
Refreshed common touchdown analysis lines, and added additional logic and lines to fire new situational commentary
Hundreds of new lines added to Play the Moment to provide more variety during return to game scenarios
Legends names added
Numerous tuning changes based on common line telemetry
Stability
Various stability fixes in all modes including Franchise and Madden Ultimate Team

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Super easy to get competitive badges now.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
You know how some coaches like to play an extra OLinemen and have them declare themselves an eligible receiver so they can up the pass protection? Is there a way to do something like that in Madden?

Also can you do shenanigans like get a DLinemen added to the FB part of the depth chart without swapping their position in edit player?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Epi Lepi posted:

You know how some coaches like to play an extra OLinemen and have them declare themselves an eligible receiver so they can up the pass protection? Is there a way to do something like that in Madden?

Also can you do shenanigans like get a DLinemen added to the FB part of the depth chart without swapping their position in edit player?

http://www.ign.com/wikis/madden-nfl-16/Personnel_Packages

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Also R1 manual subs

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

I have noticed something really weird happening lately in my franchise mode. I mostly play offense and sim defense on slow (so I can watch them play and relax). Lately I've noticed that whenever I score a TD the extra point is being kicked from a random spot on the field. It's never been on the wrong side of the field or anything, but I did have one recently where I had to kick it from the 43 and missed (it was well out of my kicker's range. This has happened like 6 or 7 times over the last few weeks and I haven't really played all that much. Is it a widespread issue?

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Also CPU teams are constantly trying to kick field goals from unrealistic distances, giving up great field position in the process

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

zimbomonkey posted:

I have noticed something really weird happening lately in my franchise mode. I mostly play offense and sim defense on slow (so I can watch them play and relax). Lately I've noticed that whenever I score a TD the extra point is being kicked from a random spot on the field. It's never been on the wrong side of the field or anything, but I did have one recently where I had to kick it from the 43 and missed (it was well out of my kicker's range. This has happened like 6 or 7 times over the last few weeks and I haven't really played all that much. Is it a widespread issue?
That's pretty loving weird and definitely shouldn't be happening.

• Locked thread