Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Grozz Nuy posted:

What I'm doing is waiting until the following IX event (should come in mid-January) to fix my synergy for that realm, so I can save as much mythril as possible for the next meta-changing banners in Onion Knight 1 and Minfilia/Alphinaud 1. The first banner has is very Zidane-heavy, but the second banner has several of the good relics from this current set (Hamelin, Trident, Golden Hairpin), along with debuting BSBs for Steiner and Freya and a very good new SSB for Garnet (Mag/Def faithga so it stacks with most of the common ones, plus a party-wide HP Stock). You've got even more mythril than me though, so you can maybe afford to spend more of it.

I would be tempted to roll on Genomes 2, but I have some very solid IX synergy already and my Mythril budget is going to be very tight around that time, so I'll see about that banner.

The issue with Garnet's SSB2 is the same as Divine Guardian; can you make room for a Summoner? It helps that the SSB2 isn't contingent on Mind and it buffs her damage output, so you can full-gear her for MAG and still get the same result.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I'm actually really tempted to roll on this FF2 banner, mainly because I just hit 50 mythril and have 0 self control but the bursts actually seem strong.

I'd totally throw 50 mythril at this myself, if I didn't already have Maria's and Minwu's SSB's. Actually I have two of each, but having a fully combined and forged FF2 staff or mage bow isn't too tempting either.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Onion Knight is in only about a month, so plan your spending accordingly! I'm pulling on tomorrow's FF2 banner, but I've got ~225 mythril in the bank.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Onion Knight is in only about a month, so plan your spending accordingly! I'm pulling on tomorrow's FF2 banner, but I've got ~225 mythril in the bank.
Hmm I figure by the time we get to FF3/FF14 territory they'll be doing the end of year holiday mythril stuff no? I also really need some physical BSB and the next events seem to be a mix

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

I got Minwu's Staff from the FF2 banner, is there any reason to use it over Selphie's medica with magic blink built in?

bilperkins2
Nov 22, 2004

Fashion for Dogz
:france:

victrix posted:

I got Minwu's Staff from the FF2 banner, is there any reason to use it over Selphie's medica with magic blink built in?

It's instant, so in instances where there's a lot of damage coming at random intervals and you can't afford the casting time, yeah it has uses, but to me the added utility of magic blink (or in my case, heavy regen with Relm's) beats it out.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

victrix posted:

It's an instant-cast Medica that's Curaga strength, pretty good when you think you might need a clutch heal to save half the party.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Grozz Nuy posted:

What I'm doing is waiting until the following IX event (should come in mid-January) to fix my synergy for that realm, so I can save as much mythril as possible for the next meta-changing banners in Onion Knight 1 and Minfilia/Alphinaud 1. The first banner has is very Zidane-heavy, but the second banner has several of the good relics from this current set (Hamelin, Trident, Golden Hairpin), along with debuting BSBs for Steiner and Freya and a very good new SSB for Garnet (Mag/Def faithga so it stacks with most of the common ones, plus a party-wide HP Stock). You've got even more mythril than me though, so you can maybe afford to spend more of it.

Yeah, I'm saving for those III and XIV banners primarily, and I'm also going to need to pull on II and X if I want a reasonable shot at mastering the Mote dungeons. Plus the Luckys and the next Festival which I presume will be OSB/BSB-heavy and good targets for splurging.

I'm also starting to feel that most of my IV, V, VI, VII, and XIII gear is outdated, but it's been enough to get mastery on all CMs so far. Maybe Festivals and Lucky Draws will spread the new items around in a even way, but if not then I'll eventually need to start upgrading specific RS gear.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

kalensc posted:

I'm also starting to feel that most of my IV, V, VI, VII, and XIII gear is outdated, but it's been enough to get mastery on all CMs so far. Maybe Festivals and Lucky Draws will spread the new items around in a even way, but if not then I'll eventually need to start upgrading specific RS gear.

Until we start seeing the 200+ difficulty dungeons, it seems to me that the only realm-specific SBs we need are hastgas and medicas. The variety of skills available and accumulation of the orbs to make them allows almost any character with a generic realm-synergy weapon able to function. I have only pre-SSB relics for FFXIII but can field a hybrid team with native Hastega and Medica using all synergy weapons and it is one of my strongest realm teams.

We'll see how my words hold up with the FFII Ultimates, but I might struggle because I only have 3 realm weapons.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Benthalus posted:

Until we start seeing the 200+ difficulty dungeons, it seems to me that the only realm-specific SBs we need are hastgas and medicas. The variety of skills available and accumulation of the orbs to make them allows almost any character with a generic realm-synergy weapon able to function. I have only pre-SSB relics for FFXIII but can field a hybrid team with native Hastega and Medica using all synergy weapons and it is one of my strongest realm teams.

We'll see how my words hold up with the FFII Ultimates, but I might struggle because I only have 3 realm weapons.

Agreed on Hastega and Medicas. If you have one or both plus some decent RS stat-sticks then a few honed top-tier skills and a tactical RW can get the job done.

I have tons of orbs and mythril and rosetta stones waiting to be used, but if the content hasn't flummoxed me yet then I lean towards waiting for bigger and better banners. Still, those top 4 items on the IX banner all cover a big need (curaga medica, blink, holy+, Boostga on a non-healer) so it's tempting despite the possibility of getting a dupe or that Def-reliant Steiner weapon.

NaanViolence
Mar 1, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Firion's BSB is nuts.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

victrix posted:

physical bosses don't give a poo poo about Magic Blink

Hawkeye
Jun 2, 2003
I'm getting so sick and tired of S/Ling Kaiser dragon so that he will do water and thunder weaknesses.

Hawkeye fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Oct 23, 2016

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

NaanViolence posted:

Firion's BSB is nuts.

If I weren't literally dirt poor I would whale on it, but it will come along on other banners

Zone of Danger
Apr 21, 2010

victrix posted:

instant cast time is really nice and allows you to worry less about taking whm actions on some fights. I can think of a couple fights where it was a difference maker.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
I'm a terrible person who makes terrible decisions:

Friend code: FMsa

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I had unbelievable luck and got 3150 greens in a single stage of Sundaily today.

Man, if only there was a double greens event.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

I forgot I had Golbez's Ebon Armor. It gives +Dark, so is a Memento Mori&Dark Zone combo worth it on him?

I'm thinking "yes", but Dark Zone being a 5-star I thought I'd check.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.

AweStriker posted:

I forgot I had Golbez's Ebon Armor. It gives +Dark, so is a Memento Mori&Dark Zone combo worth it on him?

You have a magic darkness monster at hand. Enjoy!

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Golbez has the lowest mag of the darkness casters, but he's also by far the tankiest, so he does just fine in any party.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

AweStriker posted:

Yes. Golbez (or Exdeath, who can also wear it) will do excellent damage with MM&DZ with +dark gear. If you have a good magic sword/dagger, you can also do crazy stuff for Cid Missions, like turning Leon or Seifer into dark mages with a magic weapon and the +dark armor. Their damage won't be nearly as good, but it can still be serviceable.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

kalensc posted:

Yeah, I'm saving for those III and XIV banners primarily, and I'm also going to need to pull on II and X if I want a reasonable shot at mastering the Mote dungeons. Plus the Luckys and the next Festival which I presume will be OSB/BSB-heavy and good targets for splurging.

Doing mote dungeons, CMs or no, is relatively low priority for me because they come back every month like Nightmares. Power creep will solve them eventually, so I don't feel the need to plan pulls around them. Sun Blade was on the OSB Fest banners in Japan though (so was Rune-Graven Bow, for that matter), and I'm taking my chances and hoping that will remain the case in global because I don't think II synergy is important enough to burn 50 mythril or more on a dedicated banner.

But in general I am also focusing on shoring up my weaker realms now that we're in post-G5 mode. Hopefully my stockpile is big enough that I can take care of XII and X over the next couple weeks and still have enough to effectively chase the III/XIV BSBs.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Of course my pull on Banner 2 gets me the defender--my least-desired item on the banner probably, since I already have HotE. Oh well, synergy sword at least.

Inge
Jan 16, 2007
SERIOUSLY THATS DISGUSTING I'M TRYING TO EAT
Holy poo poo, I got maria's burst on a dollar draw :confuoot:

I've been dying for some mage relics,

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

100-gem...off-banner Pinwheel (VIII). You know what, I'm really happy with this! I didn't have a 5* mage thrown yet, and they're really important for ninja magic cheese purposes with Yuffie, plus my VIII synergy is dismal.

Will my 50-mythril disappoint me?

APPARENTLY NOT :toot: :toot:

I was totally hoping for that bow, and idc that the other two are generics, because they're still good synergy.

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Did an 11 pull, got Maria BSB and Leon's Defender. Had 100 mythril alloted to this banner so I decided to spend the other 50 on Tyro 2 for the +Earth Gaia Gear despite already having 3 things from that banner. Finally got my Shout.

Today has been a loving awesome night.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Didn't expect that. Minwu now competes with Y'shtola as my best healer. Y'shtola has both Medica II and Stoneskin II and can get to level 99, but Minwu has Will of the White Mage and now this.

Also can't believe the two BSB weapons I've pulled are Stardust Rods (II and VI)

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard
Dollar pull nets a much needed Masamune. I might be able to manage that CM after all. But not tonight, definitely need to keep doing the EXP daily.

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

Can you dispel Lamia Queen's (Ultimate +) blink? Does she use it often enough that I should just bring a mage team instead of trying to do this with a physical team?

FeralWraith
Dec 17, 2007
Lurking Bastard

Zebia posted:

Can you dispel Lamia Queen's (Ultimate +) blink? Does she use it often enough that I should just bring a mage team instead of trying to do this with a physical team?

Apparently, it is NOT dispellable. It IS, however, reflect-able.

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.
So, with a Rune-Graven Bow, using 4* Record Spheres on Maria: Probably a good idea, huh?

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

gently caress, Guy 2 got me ten 3 stars and an off banner shared sb VI sword, which I already have plenty of synergy for. Someone convince me not to throw away another 50 on a rage pull.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
Both BSBs. :toot:

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

The Mattybee posted:

So, with a Rune-Graven Bow, using 4* Record Spheres on Maria: Probably a good idea, huh?
At the very least, if you're saving 4* spheres (for OK or alphinaud or something) you can dip into the first level of her magus sphere for an additional 3% BLK damage.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Cattail Prophet posted:

gently caress, Guy 2 got me ten 3 stars and an off banner shared sb VI sword, which I already have plenty of synergy for. Someone convince me not to throw away another 50 on a rage pull.

If you're going to blow mythril on one of the lesser realms at least wait for the FF3 onion kid banner

KnoxZone
Jan 27, 2007

If I die before I Wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take.
Oh my god, Maria BSB Command 1 on a neutral target (Lamia Queen) hits for 35k a turn.

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

KnoxZone posted:

Oh my god, Maria BSB Command 1 on a neutral target (Lamia Queen) hits for 35k a turn.

Welcome, to the beginning of mage meta, OK, Cid Raines and Aphinauld do this with powerchain commands.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Maria's BSB is terrifying :catstare: She doesn't even need a faithga, she has her own. With Selphie's mnd/mag buff on top of her mag bargain her damage is nutso.

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Maria's BSB is terrifying :catstare: She doesn't even need a faithga, she has her own. With Selphie's mnd/mag buff on top of her mag bargain her damage is nutso.

Break did 42k damage to one of the U++ Black Knights :allears:

In totally unrelated news there is a Maria with 479 MAG and a +earth damage armor at 9YuM!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Oh snap, I got Guy's SSB! It's time to speak beaver! It will pair nicely with Yuffie's Landscaper.

• Locked thread