Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Two Finger posted:

so civ 6 is cool and good

they have made a huge number of changes some of which are good some are just changes

honestly at first glance it might almost be too complicated now but i'm hoping that will change as i play more

what's everyone else's feeling on it

I was binging on Civ 5 a couple of months ago, so I'll probably get this sometime over the winter and let you know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I don't have the energy to basically re-learn Stellaris right now :(

Helldump Immunity
Sep 11, 2001

pretty much rollin with the dad farm these days

p much anything ace combat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhdNjzX4waA

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcyW-0PjFu0

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Best game soundtrack:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpmDawqOfqs

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F6BDxweGMI

Helldump Immunity
Sep 11, 2001

why are there anime games on my storefront i never wanted this.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Because it's based off your browsing history, weeb. :raise:

it's just random/based off popular searches I think

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Helldump Immunity posted:

why are there anime games on my storefront i never wanted this.

Someone's been watching hentai.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
BF1 is fun as hell. I got to pilot an airship for the first time last night, when you switch weapons as the pilot you're able to drop bombs, killed probably 40 people that way before they finally shot down the airship. That's not counting all the kills from the people manning machine guns on the airship.

I've been using the starter medic rifle, the cei rigotti. I unlocked a legendary skin "The Duke of Aosta" for it, it's an elaborate black and gold and looks like something a noble would use to cap peasants. Your weapon seems to get progressively dirtier the longer into the match you get as well.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

It took me an embarrassingly long time to figure out that you're supposed to unlock guns and equipment from ingame, not the loadout screen in the main menu that shows you locked items, what looks like it should be a purchase button, and your warbux total.

You guys should try out some of the advanced control options in the PC version. I turned on one that makes the mouse move the same way no matter what the FOV and it's really helped me stay on target when transitioning into ADS.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

All the recent Ace Combat games had fantastic soundtracks.

I judge others on whether they prefer Ace Combat or HAWX.

I knew you were good people, HDI.

Ace Combat 4 - Agnus Dei
Ace Combat 5 - The Unsung War
Ace Combat Zero - Zero
Ace Combat 5 - The Journey Home (Radio)
Ace Combat 4 - USEA National Anthem (Hymn of Liberty)

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Mustang posted:

BF1 is fun as hell. I got to pilot an airship for the first time last night, when you switch weapons as the pilot you're able to drop bombs, killed probably 40 people that way before they finally shot down the airship. That's not counting all the kills from the people manning machine guns on the airship.

I've been using the starter medic rifle, the cei rigotti. I unlocked a legendary skin "The Duke of Aosta" for it, it's an elaborate black and gold and looks like something a noble would use to cap peasants. Your weapon seems to get progressively dirtier the longer into the match you get as well.

The murder train is similarly fun to use. I'm still waiting for a chance to use the main guns of the dreadnought. And the system for unlocking weapons is needlessly complex, but nowhere near as terrible as unlocking vehicle upgrades. You can't unlock vehicle upgrades unless you select the vehicle you want to upgrade, and you can't do that if somebody is already rolling around in the only tank on the map. Save 250 war bucks and buy the flamethrower heavy tank and get a few friends to roll around with you. It is a hell of a lot of fun.

UP THE BUM NO BABY fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Oct 22, 2016

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
ok gently caress it I guess I'll buy BF1. I hope someone will play with me or I'll regret it! My psn name is Wordyrappinghood.

It will probably be a while before its done downloading, psn and all but who knows!

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
I'd play with you guys when I get it but you're all on PS4 :(

Helldump Immunity
Sep 11, 2001

:hfive:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

gently caress the "Get 20 rifle grenade kills" challenge. Why on earth did they put a time limit on earning medals?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

How you gonna post ace combat and not post gotta stay fly

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVx1kq0B38U

And of course

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WY9NO4GQJRk

Chrono trigger and blood dragon had good music indeed

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

VikingSkull posted:

I'd play with you guys when I get it but you're all on PS4 :(

I'm on PC.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

sweet, I'll hit you up once I get it

gonna be a few weeks though I blew my nerd budget on warhams XD

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
sony doesn't refund does it? I shouldn't have bought bf1 ugh

I forgot that i let my ps plus expire and I don't have any friends lol

CHICKEN SHOES fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Oct 23, 2016

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Planning to get a PS4 next month, but probably not BF1 since I got it on PC already.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Lame.

I'm on PS4 as JLBenne4, I'll be playing the hell out of BF1. Also always down for some BF4. I have Starwars Battlefront as well but I haven't played it much.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
gently caress bf1. :mad:

Civ6 is where its at!

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

BF1 is pretty fun you guys.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

ded posted:

gently caress bf1. :mad:

Civ6 is where its at!

No, Factorio is where is at as I have something like 40 hours innit and haven't built a rocket yet. I am getting better at factory layouts and good ratios. :spergin:

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Just now I was doing the Britain/Ottoman Operation and I noticed how much more poo poo is destructible in BF1. Seems like literally everything is destructible. Artillery/bombs and whatnot can blow holes through sand dunes. I thought I was being smart by using a sand dune for cover trying to flank an objective but pretty soon the enemies armored train more or less completely destroyed that sand dune

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

http://i.imgur.com/9O8iuYV.mp4

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
that looks like the afghani tornado picture

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

And now to drill into the core of the Earth and end it all.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
guys civ6 isn't ringing my bell

i dont like the ui at all

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Anyone else play Endless Legend? I actually prefer it to Civ V, haven't played Civ VI yet.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
endless legend is good and that entire team has been making better and better games

they are coming out with endless space 2 soon and I expect good things

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Vasudus posted:

guys civ6 isn't ringing my bell

i dont like the ui at all

:same: tbqh

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
cum play rocket league mlord

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I haven't played RPGs in a long time. I loved oblivion but didn't get into skyrim that much and thinking about playing witcher 3. Are there any good non MMO multiplayer RPGs?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Do you care if they are old? If not, Risen 1.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Reverand maynard posted:

I haven't played RPGs in a long time. I loved oblivion but didn't get into skyrim that much and thinking about playing witcher 3. Are there any good non MMO multiplayer RPGs?

Witcher 3 is very, very, very good. And it's on sale this weekend I think too.

Another good option is Dragon's Dogma. I think at one point it was a PS3 game? Either way, it's worth the time.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
If you haven't played Witcher 3 play Witcher 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Yeah I'm already going to player witcher 3 but I'm wondering if there are any good multiplayer RPG games out there.

• Locked thread