Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI

Quiet Feet posted:

Wentz what happened to you bro?

he's still great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

BALLS

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
WENTZ OWNS

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
something funny almost happened again, darn it.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

GenericMartini posted:

he's still great.

Oh poo poo you're right

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

shyduck posted:

Why call the timeout

real answer: see if the defense fucks up, consider their alignment and pick a better play

joke answer: doug pederson convinced to prove the world he is truly the successor to andy reid and his inexplicable timeout count is too low.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Ghost Dog posted:

i mean yeah you cant hit the wr in the head, armbar him then climb ontop of him before the ball is even close to getting there but i agree its never going to be called on that kind of fully stopped jump ball

Let's be honest tho, Mike Wallace had to leave his feet if he were to catch that and that's just not a catchable pass to him specifically

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Cavauro posted:

i apologize to marvin

*holds playsheet in front of face so no one can see what he is saying* waste time like an idiot then throw a hail mary

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

oh my god

WHERE THE gently caress IS THE FLAG

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Commentators on the Skins Lions made a Don Fanucci from The Godfather part 2 reference. I approve

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007
Ahahaha the gently caress was that no-call

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Garbage

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I guess there's the makeup call.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
nice recovery from wentz on that 4th

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
bite me refs, Wentz owns.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
HOW THE gently caress IS THAT NOT A FLAG

GenericMartini
Oct 22, 2012

AYYYYY PAPI
just hold them to no points.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Let's be honest tho, Mike Wallace had to leave his feet if he were to catch that and that's just not a catchable pass to him specifically

The dude was almost draped over him. Hard to jump when you have a guy right on top of you.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
:siren: Tyreek Hill has caught a receiving touchdown Parm eats a ban :toxx::siren:

Ugly Tony
May 6, 2005

It's not even Tuesday, dog
Raiders D with 14 point advantage going into half...not enough

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

*holds playsheet in front of face so no one can see what he is saying* waste time like an idiot then throw a hail mary

*while doing the seizure nodding*

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

"Wow, I can't believe Crowder dropped that, what a loser!!"

*Replay clearly shows defender slapping it out of hands*

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

The offensive player doesn't have more right to a ball than the defensive player. If you are making a play on the ball, you are not nearly as likely to be called for PI.

That said, I do think interference should have been called there.

im not gonna argue with this anymore but thats not what making a play on the ball means, at least in context of that play. the ball was not there yet, just cause hes moving in the theoretical direction of the ball its not making a play on the ball unless its there. he was just shoving wallace out of the way. i dont think its a penalty that will be called just cause of the optics and difficulty of deciding what is and isnt interference on a play where both guys are fully stopped waiting for the ball

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Icing kickers is the stupidest thing. You're giving them a free practice shot.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
I'm currently trying to decide if I hate the Jags or myself more. Leaning towards the latter, since every year I talk myself into thinking they will get better and they never do.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Ghost Dog posted:

im not gonna argue with this anymore but thats not what making a play on the ball means, at least in context of that play. the ball was not there yet, just cause hes moving in the theoretical direction of the ball its not making a play on the ball unless its there. he was just shoving wallace out of the way. i dont think its a penalty that will be called just cause of the optics and difficulty of deciding what is and isnt interference on a play where both guys are fully stopped waiting for the ball

He was looking toward the ball. He was preparing to make a play on the ball. I didn't say it wasn't interference, I said it was interference. I said that when a player is looking toward the ball and making or getting ready to make a play on the ball, that PI is less likely to be called.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

lol Eagles just trolled Vikes into burning a timeout

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
this game is a loving mess

Grinnblade
Sep 24, 2007
What the poo poo. Just take the FG!

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
kicking and then not kicking after an ice is really strange.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hyder's down. What the gently caress is happening.

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
It's kevan time baby

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

lol Eagles just trolled Vikes into burning a timeout

the eagles will end the scourge of timeout abuse one way or another.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Are there any Saints fans still watching?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

In 2002 the Ravens played the Colts in Indianapolis and were able to take the lead late. The colts were on 4th down and made a long attempt to Qadry Ismail. Gary Baxter was on coverage. When the pass was in the air Billick was screaming "BALL! BALL!" at Baxter, telling him to get his head around and look at the ball. He didn't, and made contact with the receiver and the refs threw a flag. If Baxter had gotten his head around, the flag would not have been thrown and the Ravens would have won the game. The Jets player had his eyes on the ball so the contact he made wasn't as likely to get called PI. Even though it really was.

Knyteguy
Jul 6, 2005

YES to love
NO to shirts

Toilet Rascal
loving injury bug plaguing the Lions playmakers this season.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

the most important thing to remember is that the ravens gave up a 69 yard td lmbo. 69

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ghost Dog posted:

the most important thing to remember is that the ravens gave up a 69 yard td lmbo. 69

that's the sex number

Faggot Guy
Aug 29, 2011

TWO TIME SUPERBOWL MVP
Rip Tyrod's jersey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
lol bengals

• Locked thread