Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

VP is full tilt. How are you about to throw away a 2v1 retake when you both have smokes flashes and HE? I'm mad

:widowsnypa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

I visited Amsterdam a little while ago and I swear to god when the dutch opens their mouth simlish comes out

e: oh no VP, ecoed..

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Oct 23, 2016

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
How did spinning quickly while you jump and trying to get a random kill become enough of a thing for Faze to sponsor so many pro teams??

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

15:5, Snax tries to save an AWP briefly

I've never been more underwhelmed by grand finals tbh. SK/Dig would have been way more interesting

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

MY

DEAD

GAY

DANES

:denmark:

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
Welp, I guess dignitas actually can win a tournament. Who would have thought?

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
For pølse!

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Is this what it feels like to be proud of your team?

Because it's a great feeling.

:unsmith:

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

epic unboxing animation for the trophy

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

Smol posted:

<completely unintelligible>

I'm happy for Cajun, finally a trophy after so many attempts.

And Rubino, I guess.

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
Wow confetti fucks the steam quality. Amazing tho, so well produced.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Now the question is: Does Odee pay their players enough? Because if not, Magiskboy and k0nfig will be in Astralis within a few months.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:siren: :denmark: THE NEW DANISH DYNASTY :denmark: :siren:

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015

Smol posted:

Now the question is: Does Odee pay their players enough? Because if not, Magiskboy and k0nfig will be in Astralis within a few months.

Dignitas just got acquired by a private equity firm afaik so I imagine they've got money to keep people like this.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Fusion Restaurant posted:

Dignitas just got acquired by a private equity firm afaik so I imagine they've got money to keep people like this.

Oh right, I completely forgot that. Hopefully they stick together.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

This next major is going to be absolutely loving insane. :allears:

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
So... Best knife for $100 or less?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Agoat posted:

a nice dinner for a significant other or family member

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Agoat posted:

A high-tier Gut Knife: Tiger Tooth, Marble Fade, Doppler...

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Agoat posted:

http://csgo.steamanalyst.com/

Type 100 in Max Price and Knife in search, press enter

E: Not strictly CSGO related but more esports in general, kind of wild how far we've come :allears:

https://twitter.com/proxywolf/status/790276819551268864

New Zealand can eat me fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Oct 23, 2016

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Agoat posted:

Dark Souls 3: Ashes of Ariandel, and the upcoming Isaac dlc.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Dongicus posted:

Dark Souls 3: Ashes of Ariandel, and the upcoming Isaac dlc.

Buy me civ vi instead

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Bohemian Nights posted:

I visited Amsterdam a little while ago and I swear to god when the dutch opens their mouth simlish comes out

e: oh no VP, ecoed..

I once spoke with a Norwegian who worked in Denmark and had a Dutch secretary. He swore that Danish is a disease of the mouth while Dutch is a disease of the throat.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Remember when Astralis got the better deal on the Danish swap?

Not even mad that SK got bodied. I'm really happy for Dig.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Famethrowa posted:

Remember when Astralis got the better deal on the Danish swap?

Not even mad that SK got bodied. I'm really happy for Dig.

Yeah these guys deserve a win. And how, drawing against NIP G2 and NaVi and then beating fnatic (granted, new lesser line up) and then NaVi and VP.

One hell of an accomplishment for a team that was tier 2-3 at best the last 2 years.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

https://twitter.com/NWDeKay/status/790345236417392641

Olof, dennis, Krimz, twist, wenton

God dayum.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

Even though I like Lekr0 I will continue to enjoy Godsents future failures :allears:

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
So is that pretty much a straight trade, Krimz for Lekr0? Yikes.

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

RyokoTK posted:

So is that pretty much a straight trade, Krimz for Lekr0? Yikes.

"Hey you guys want a statistically worse player for your statistically better one?"

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

symbolic posted:

https://twitter.com/NWDeKay/status/790345236417392641

Olof, dennis, Krimz, twist, wenton

God dayum.

Old LGB slowly making their comeback :laffo:

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Didn't quite realize Magisk & k0nfig had been this good lately.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Smol posted:

Old LGB slowly making their comeback :laffo:
Just wait until they pilfer cype from...what team is cype even on?

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I seriously don't get the obsessions with swapping rosters. They never let the players gel, it's always swapping people in and out so no one ever gets settled. I don't think it's a coincidence that the two teams in the latest Grand Final had two of the longest standing rosters. I was heard wrong, forgot about Magisk joining recently.

I suppose it makes sense to get the Major spot back for Fnatic, but still. Lekro was showing lots of promise, and the team finally got it's groove going.

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Oct 24, 2016

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Famethrowa posted:

I seriously don't get the obsessions with swapping rosters. They never let the players gel, it's always swapping people in and out so no one ever gets settled.
You think I don't know this as a FaZe fan?

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

symbolic posted:

You think I don't know this as a FaZe fan?

oh, I'm sure you do! :negative:

Fusion Restaurant
May 20, 2015
Slowly working through my placements, currently 7-2 and in Silver III. A sample of sick Silver III gameplay and strats: http://plays.tv/s/L-qtQOIz0Qe_

We knew they were coming because just before this they threw a decoy grenade into upper B (it rolled out the upper tunnel) -- and then literally 4 of them actually went upper B.

Also watching this is a little painful. Should I be switching pistol, falling behind cover, and then repeeking only if I'm feeling crazy aggro? I feel like eventually plays like the one I made above will start getting punished so hard.

Fusion Restaurant fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Oct 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Fusion Restaurant posted:

Slowly working through my placements, currently 7-2 and in Silver III. A sample of sick Silver III gameplay and strats: http://plays.tv/s/L-qtQOIz0Qe_

We knew they were coming because just before this they threw a decoy grenade into upper B -- and then literally 4 of them actually went upper B.

Also watching this is a little painful. Should I be switching pistol, falling behind cover, and then repeeking only if I'm feeling crazy aggro? I feel like eventually plays like the one I made above will start getting punished so hard.

It honestly depends on the level of play of your opponents. That is an extremely strong angle to hold from if you're accurate with an AWP, which you are. Yes, at that level, opponents will not routinely one shot you at a common hold like the B window. If you had a lot of warning, you could have jumped to a place like beside a box or on the platform in front of the stairbox, where only your head is visible. It's a "PLEASE SHOOT MY HEAD" but at least you won't get bodyshot like you would have at the window.

I think you held that extremely well, and while being punished from 4 people steamrolling into B is more common than you think, it entirely depends on your situation. Did they throw smoke first? I'd fall back and wait for a retake, or if I was feeling gusto, get real aggressive and take the AWP/pistol to them point-blank. However, they didn't smoke, and their accuracy was not the best. It would have been just fine for you to fall back with your Green teammate and re-take it if you felt like you were in trouble. Retaking a full B site hold is very hard, though, so there's pros and cons to all kinds of tactical situations that at any level change by the second! You didn't have to stand there the whole duration of the rush, for example. Could have played a middle of the road and popped off a shot and then fell back. Taking out one opponent and then being in position to retake is also very valuable for the rest of your team.

Basically, you did fine. If you get routinely punished for holding something a certain way, change it up, maybe use some utility in the future, like a flash if you know they're upper B. Or a molotov to deny them at least some of their area control. You have lots of options, and you will eventually learn how to use em. Don't worry.

Personally speaking, I'm an incredibly aggressive player, and from DMG-SMFC levels, you run into all kinds of counterplays involving utility, or someone just running out and blasting you. I tend to play in-site near the stairs box, especially if I'm sporting an AWP. Is this dangerous? Yes. Do I hold it often? Yes. But my plays may not suit your style! The cool thing about CSGO, and I'll give it this, you have a lot of different ways to approach any sorta situation.

Xenaero fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Oct 24, 2016