Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I really wonder if the McGuffin Bullet will show up again or if it was just an excuse for why Mai thought sniping was even worth trying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caros
May 14, 2008

Josuke Higashikata posted:

She looked annoyed after hitting him, so she was probably aiming for his head and missed. But ultimately, her missing likely put him in much greater harm than actually hitting him in the face.

If what we have seen in super is any indication the bullet probably would have obliterated his skull, so I wouldn't be so sure.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
What if she snipes both Black Zamasu's left potara... and then Gowasu's right potara? is it bs enough to make them fuse?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Maybe the earring cracked and it'll take just a well placed hit to shatter it, making them either defuse or cease to exist.

I'd like both Mai and Bulma to have played big parts in defeating the big bads.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

What if Mai shoots regular Goku when he has his guard down, finally getting revenge for Pilaf and Shuu?

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I liked Goku Black immediately shooting the time machine upon arrival.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Flat colours and much clearer, high resolution videos mean the feeling of depth is lessened and cut corners with the art is much easier to see. Obviously, DB/DBZ cut those corners too, but it was fuzzy and like 240p so it's straight harder to see.

I think I like the old type better, though I imagine that's because what I was accustomed to all cartoons looking like when I was younger. I imagine the newer method is much easier ok the animators, though!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Reinanigans posted:

I'd like both Mai and Bulma to have played big parts in defeating the big bads.

In terms of battle effectiveness power the humans are ranked:

Bulma > Future Mai > Tien = Krillin > Yajirobe > Roshi > Mr Satan > Videl >>> Yamcha = Launch

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Oct 23, 2016

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
itt everyone forgets that Bulma was worse than a waste of space through most of DB and DBZ.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Squallege posted:

About 15 seconds before he did it, I was thinking something to the effect of "I hope he actually blows up the time machine this time around instead of letting them get away again."

Black is a great villain is what I'm saying. :allears:

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Squallege posted:

Agreed. Especially because it wasn't anything flashy or dramatic, just a quick flick. The only thing it was missing was a cheesy pistol firing sound effect from an old Western movie.

I'm glad Bulma had a backup plan in mind, because they didn't put any effort into hiding their incredibly important piece of technology.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

sassassin posted:

itt everyone forgets that Bulma was worse than a waste of space through most of DB and DBZ.

Bulma was insanely effective in DB and DBZ and would have been more so if given the chance. At bare minimum she invented the Dragon Radar and Time Machine which both ended up saving the world on multiple occasions.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Rutibex posted:

Maybe that's what she was aiming at? Destroy his earring and Blacks no longer a Kaioshin, his time ring doesn't work, and he dissapears in a puff of paradox. Unfortunately Potara earrings occupy a strange place on the mohs hardness scale, hard enough to survive a super bullet but fragile enough to be crushed be Vegeta (I'm sure Vegeta has a tight grip).

cutting corners when you can get away with it != cutting corners when its plainly obvious

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Stairmaster posted:

cutting corners when you can get away with it != cutting corners when its plainly obvious

They didn't get away with in even then. Jokes about animation corner cutting didn't start in the 2000s.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Edit: Why the hell is it double posting a bunch today?

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
So how is Dragon Ball Super going? I've honestly stayed off watching until the dub, for familiarities sake, but is it any good, or is it GT 2?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Hiro Protagonist posted:

So how is Dragon Ball Super going? I've honestly stayed off watching until the dub, for familiarities sake, but is it any good, or is it GT 2?

Super is really dumb and basically DBZ fan fiction.

It's loving great.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hiro Protagonist posted:

It's generally very solid. The first two arcs suffered for being repeats of the first two movies so they felt pretty slow-paced. (Though they do include some new stuff, like the return of Captain Ginyu in the Return of F arc.)

The only real 'downside' is that it's a lot more on the casual-and-funny side of things, so if you're big into the epic fightmans part of Dragonball it takes a while to get to new content. On the other hand the new fightmans content has been genuinely fun and made good use of the characters. It's not GT 2 at all by any means.

Edit: Yes, also it is fanfictiony as hell but in a fun way. Do you want to find out how Future Trunks dealt with Majin Buu? Do you want to know if Goku can go Kaioken while Super Saiyaning? Do you want to see Saiyans from other timelines? It's all there.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Hiro Protagonist posted:

Unlike GT, it is extremely good at being a Dragon Ball show. The first two arcs were somewhat pointless remakes of Battle of Gods and Resurrection 'F', but everything since then has been quite strong barring one weird little filler arc that lasted three episodes.

There have been some animation issues as a point of contention, but the English dub should be based on the blu-ray releases that fixed most of the egregious issues.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Black vs Vegeta in this episode may be my favorite Vegeta moment ever. His speech about Saiyans and Goku in general was loving epic.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

The more we learn about how gods, angels, etc work the dumber the Supreme Kai looks for trying to fight Babidi and co himself.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Rodyle posted:

The more we learn about how gods, angels, etc work the dumber the Supreme Kai looks for trying to fight Babidi and co himself.

Well to be fair, he was like the Jr Kai intern, and his 4 bosses all died leaving him with the job. You would think he could at least come up with a name for himself though.

I hope there is another layer of reality above all of this stuff, and Lord Zeno turns out to be the kid of some even greater god-things. Like an episode of Star Trek.

Rutibex fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Oct 23, 2016

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Goku will finally defeat Zeno, only for Toriyama himself to step into the ring.

Super turns into Duck Amuck.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

New Leaf posted:

Black vs Vegeta in this episode may be my favorite Vegeta moment ever. His speech about Saiyans and Goku in general was loving epic.

Made better by the fact it was total bullshit. He's so much stronger because he hosed off to train for half a day/year in the time chamber, not because he's a real sayain.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

OB_Juan posted:

Made better by the fact it was total bullshit. He's so much stronger because he hosed off to train for half a day/year in the time chamber, not because he's a real sayain.

You have to boast about your power and prowess while you lie, cheat and steal.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Raxivace posted:

Goku will finally defeat Zeno, only for Toriyama himself to step into the ring.

Super turns into Duck Amuck.

The real power is revealed to be Toriyama's editors.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Hiro Protagonist posted:

its bad but not gt bad

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Super is fun, 20 minutes a week is not a huge investment

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
It was bad until this arc and now their dragging it on and on and on

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

sassassin posted:

It was bad until this arc and now their dragging it on and on and on

but dragging it on and on means more scenes of Vegeta beating the crap out of Goku Black, which makes it good.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

Wheat Loaf posted:

The real power is revealed to be Toriyama's editors.

Final episode of Super is Goku valiantly struggling with a gigantic eraser.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

sassassin posted:

I haven't forgotten, but she's great in Super. Best character redemption (in terms of not being terrible anymore, not "making up for past sins") I can think of

Actually, Bulma stopped being lame the second she and Vegeta hooked up, which is really weird. Of all the relationships to bring out the best in two characters...

OnimaruXLR fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Oct 23, 2016

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

OnimaruXLR posted:

Actually, Bulma stopped being lame the second she and Vegeta hooked up, which is really weird. Of all the relationships to bring out the best in two characters...

You have it backwards. Its not hooking up with Vegita that made Bulma not lame, that was just a side effect. It was putting a stop to hooking up with Yamcha.

I mean, we can't really respect her as a super genius character when shes dating Yamcha.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

So how does that one fansubber guy react to Crunchyroll going for "mortal" when translating "ningen"? He was pretty adamant about translating it as "human", wasn't he?

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

I don't know how the guy reacted but man am I glad crunchyroll changed that since it makes way more sense and is far less annoying to read.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

a cartoon duck posted:

So how does that one fansubber guy react to Crunchyroll going for "mortal" when translating "ningen"? He was pretty adamant about translating it as "human", wasn't he?

I think his reasoning for that was that would imply that he hated all mortal races instead of just humans.

Despite everyone pointing out to him that was clearly the case.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Considering he apparently never read the job application for Supreme Kai, I wouldn't be surprised of Zamasu only assumed he knew what human meant and never bothered checking.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

MonsterEnvy posted:

I think his reasoning for that was that would imply that he hated all mortal races instead of just humans.

Thats clear even if you don't consider aliens. Earth is full of citizens that aren't humans, I'm sure Black has killed his share of pig-men and sentient pterodactyls too.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Didn't we like actually see Goku Black killin' non-humans?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

At the very least Black has gone on specifically about Saiyans several times now and how they were a proud warrior race and now the last of them is going to die pitifully right now and how there's no hope for them before getting his face kicked in again as Trunks narrowly escapes once more. There's always been a distinction among the different races to Black and Zamasu.

I remember one of the Kanzenshuu guys tried to argue that 'mortal' didn't make sense because the gods in Dragon Ball aren't immortal and can in fact die so therefore 'human' makes somehow makes more sense which is just lol.

• Locked thread