Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

froglet posted:

Emus are pretty stupid.

You can say this about pretty much any animal. We had a bear show up at our back door just after we had finished barbecuing, who proceeded to try and lick the oily, but still roaring hot grill. It let out a yelp and ran off a bit, but then shortly returned and started licking the grill again. It was making these weird barks and moaning as it licked the grill, and you could hear a sizzling sound every time it's tongue touched the grill.

Same with dogs. They'll grab a red hot potato or whatever if it hits the ground, and then still choke it down. Usually followed by them puking it back up since their stomach has more sense than their brain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Hot Smart ARYAN Girl posted:

I'm just trying to imagine what a shocked emu looks like

Imagine a lot of jumping up and down and running around in circles.

If emus were actors, you'd yell at them for overacting everything, but that's just what they are.

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

You can say this about pretty much any animal. We had a bear show up at our back door just after we had finished barbecuing, who proceeded to try and lick the oily, but still roaring hot grill. It let out a yelp and ran off a bit, but then shortly returned and started licking the grill again. It was making these weird barks and moaning as it licked the grill, and you could hear a sizzling sound every time it's tongue touched the grill.

Same with dogs. They'll grab a red hot potato or whatever if it hits the ground, and then still choke it down. Usually followed by them puking it back up since their stomach has more sense than their brain.

Mmmm. BBQ bear tongue.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

Hot Smart ARYAN Girl posted:

I'm just trying to imagine what a shocked emu looks like

Gorilla Salad posted:

Imagine a lot of jumping up and down and running around in circles.

That's basically their only reaction anything.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHpYBwzlfTc

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003
http://i.imgur.com/xjtXMN1.mp4

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

What is going on here? Theres a person lying down in the elevator.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
An Emu's natural state is greed and curiosity. When met with any sort of external stimuli that instantly switches to cranked up panic and confusion.

I've been driving on outback roads several times and seen one way off in the bush running 'away' from me, almost parallel to the road. At any point it could stop running, or veer off away from me or do literally anything or move at any other angle and it would stop getting closer but it just accelerates and accelerates as it gets closer and closer to the road on a perfect impact vector until I hit the brakes and watch the dumb fucker tear across the road right in front of the bonnet and hurtle into the scrub on the other side.

They're not just dumb, they're somehow creatively dumb animals that gently caress up in ways that don't make sense even when taking their shockingly dense bird brains into account.

Like when you say something really obviously stupid just to see someone's reaction and they have to think about how dumb that thing you just said was, then try and figure out how you can be that dense, then finally realize you're loving with them. Only the Emu isn't loving with you it's just a dumb dumb animal.

Imagine a horse made of turkey.

Outrail has a new favorite as of 23:12 on Oct 22, 2016

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
https://i.imgur.com/Iuj2093.gifv

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I love how he accepts his fate and just rolls into it

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Arpaio headed for big loss

We'll see what happens when it's said and done.

Gaggins
Nov 20, 2007

Must have been a hell of a fart in there.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
http://i.imgur.com/N5NIDuK.gifv

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The schadenfreude is on the people that watch college football. May as well go watch little league teams from your old home town while you're at it. Idiots.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Solice Kirsk posted:

The schadenfreude is on the people that watch college football. May as well go watch little league teams from your old home town while you're at it. Idiots.

Scorching take

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Stand back, I'll burn ya.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
https://i.imgur.com/Szpj4da.gifv

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Only one of the tickets had a fully exposed Barcode? And wouldn't it be pretty easy to figure out who did it based on whoever sat in the seat? Not to mention the other anti counterfeit measures on precious college football tickets.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Panfilo posted:

Only one of the tickets had a fully exposed Barcode?

Two more have fully‐exposed numbers, which is all you need to generate the barcode.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Out of all the ways he could've fallen, he fell the worst

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

I genuinely enjoy college football more than the NFL.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

That's OK. It was supposed to come off as tongue-in-cheek.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Panfilo posted:

Only one of the tickets had a fully exposed Barcode? And wouldn't it be pretty easy to figure out who did it based on whoever sat in the seat? Not to mention the other anti counterfeit measures on precious college football tickets.

The game hasn't even happened yet, it's next month. Also people here in Columbus get way way way to into OSU Football. Like seriously way to into it. And the Michigan game is the big game of the year.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Manuel Calavera posted:

The game hasn't even happened yet, it's next month. Also people here in Columbus get way way way to into OSU Football. Like seriously way to into it. And the Michigan game is the big game of the year.

It's not just the big game of the year, it's The Game. If you live anywhere in the midwest, the Ohio-Michigan football game is The Game.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Sagebrush posted:

It's not just the big game of the year, it's The Game. If you live anywhere in the midwest, the Ohio-Michigan football game is The Game.

Is there a bigger rivalry in college football? Maybe the Civil War game in Oregon?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

Is there a bigger rivalry in college football? Maybe the Civil War game in Oregon?

hahahahahahahahaha that's cute

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

Solice Kirsk posted:

The Civil War game is older, but it's unironically pretty civil.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Somebody needs to grab that pussy (and help it out of there :v: ).

e: didn't realize this was 2 days later, what the hell slow rear end thread :mad:

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Sagebrush posted:

Solice Kirsk posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuPeGPwGKe8

I know Stephen Fry is playing it up a bit, but his adrenaline-soaked eyeballs leaking while trying to keep up with the spectacle is marvelous.

Also the shock at the flyover while the Americans are hell-yeah'ing.

Wasabi the J has a new favorite as of 08:27 on Oct 24, 2016

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Solice Kirsk posted:

Is there a bigger rivalry in college football?

Alabama/Auburn might be a contender.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Florida/Florida State? :shrug:

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Every college thinks their rivalry is the biggest, it's just a marketing thing. I went to Florida for 9 years and I'm not even sure if Florida/Georgia, Florida/FSU, or Florida/Tennessee was technically the "biggest" (or maybe it's LSU, or maybe Alabama, who cares). It doesn't make a lot of sense to talk about rivalries in any meaningful way anyway considering how often college team lineups including coaches change.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Some really great schadenfreude content, great job football guys.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
Football more like handegg

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Weatherman posted:

Football more like handegg

I DON'T SPORTS MORE THAN YOU DON'T SPORTS

Andnook
Mar 10, 2005
http://i.imgur.com/9IrRrba.gifv

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
What is that man holding in hand?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Looks like a screwdriver.