Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bicyclops posted:

wot's HMs?

they are special moves that serve as keys on the world map outside of battle while also being battle moves. basically you get them for beating bosses and they let you break rocks in your path or travel on water or whatever.

people don't like them because they take up space in your pokemon's move list.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Phantasium posted:

holy poo poo.

its been replaced with pokemon Uber. disrupting the HM industry ftw

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

What is Nintendo doing with the 3DS now that the Switch exists? Will the 3DS be phased out and Nintendo will have just one system for everything?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I said come in! posted:

What is Nintendo doing with the 3DS now that the Switch exists? Will the 3DS be phased out and Nintendo will have just one system for everything?

Only time will tell. Maybe they plan to fill some of the 3DS market with tablet and phone games. :(

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

thats the theory i heard that makes the most sense. more handheld series on phone (FE/Animal Crossing/NSMB are all upcoming) probably means they aren't going to make other small budget handheld tier games out of them. the upside is that they'll make larger games for the console out of those licenses to draw the mobile crowd to switch maybe

I said come in! posted:

cf: ds marketing "ds is a complement to gameboy, not a successor"

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lizard Wizard posted:

It's a 20-year-old system and they need to overhaul it instead of building on it.

I think it's cool that they're still making the same game but more and more refined

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

game freak said theyre gonna make the next pokemon on the switch iirc so basically yeah 3ds is going out the window

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I'm not allowed to play Pokemon because everyone who cares about say that it will make me disappear forever.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Seeing how sun/moon multi poke battles run on the 3DS I'm looking forward to them making a game that runs on hardware more powerful than a ps2

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

corn in the bible posted:

game freak said theyre gonna make the next pokemon on the switch iirc so basically yeah 3ds is going out the window

its for the best considering the performance of the last couple on regular 3ds is quite bad

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

pokemon mystery dungeon is good. it's good. im not ashamed to say it

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Honestly gently caress Pokemon I want a new Monster Rancher, where's my new Monster Rancher

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

:yeah:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

In Training posted:

Seeing how sun/moon multi poke battles run on the 3DS I'm looking forward to them making a game that runs on hardware more powerful than a ps2

in the thread everyone agrees the pokefinder camera part of the demo is a slideshow but some people insist they really didn't notice huh it was smooth as butter :confused:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

oddium posted:

in the thread everyone agrees the pokefinder camera part of the demo is a slideshow but some people insist they really didn't notice huh it was smooth as butter :confused:

The game runs perfectly fine doing all these cinematic angles during battle and stuff and then a third rock ruff enters the battle and it seriously drops to like single digit framerate with nothing going on, just picking moves. It's insane

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

oddium posted:

partly that's because it turns on the gyro for no reason which makes everything all herky jerky even at the best of times, but also the game runs badly

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i bought pokemon super mystery dungeon and its really good, much better than gates to infinity. also much harder which is neat

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

oddium posted:

don't be mean to pannen

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

no but really where's my new monster rancher

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Lizard Wizard posted:

no but really where's my new monster rancher

If they made a new one it would probably be a f2p phone game based on scanning QR codes to make monsters.

Hell, I'd play that.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

:agreed:

I love all mystery dungeon style games.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
always

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

There are people out there who pretend to like Raichu more than Pikachu, but who are they fooling??

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Not for Porygon. Even though it's been almost two decades the wounds from taking the fall for what Pikachu did and the subsequent government inquires have never truly healed the rift between them.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

CJacobs posted:

I DID IT!

YES! loving YESSSS! gently caress you, chalices! gently caress you, dungeons! gently caress you, spiders!

I got the plat trophy in Bloodborne just now and I'm super psyched about it. I faced my fears and waded through the guts of hundreds of spiders and I came out on the other side alive :toot:

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

There are people out there who pretend to like Raichu more than Pikachu, but who are they fooling??

Dedenne's better anyway.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

I feel bad for those people, because Raichu is loving neglected like crazy. Raichu never gets anything cool...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

CJacobs posted:

I got the plat trophy in Bloodborne just now and I'm super psyched about it. I faced my fears and waded through the guts of hundreds of spiders and I came out on the other side alive :toot:

Congrats! Now you can make infinite level 5 FRC dungeons and play bloodborne forever

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

what should i name my mystery dungeon team

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

what should i name my mystery dungeon team

Team Skull

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kirby Block Ball is the coolest arkanoid/breakout game I've ever played

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Grapplejack posted:

I feel bad for those people, because Raichu is loving neglected like crazy. Raichu never gets anything cool...

Sun and Moon are giving it a new toy to play with if that counts for something.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

:wooper:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

weird dragon pokemon kicked my rear end, gently caress you salamence

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

http://i.imgur.com/9O8iuYV.gifv

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Heathcliff as gently caress

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

Heathcliff as gently caress

cant wait to catch me a nermal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Grapplejack posted:

Hawaiian Raichu is badass

• Locked thread