Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Is this just based on the previous season or what? Because I'm #3 in my current guild right now but I'm still sitting down in slot 21.

Oh, no. I thought it was based on my observations from the last couple weeks but checking again and I'm wrong. I'm ~#5 for coins and I was around ~8 in the castle but the magic formula has since shifted me down to #12, much less considering your position. In retrospect I have no idea what the formula is! My guess just conformed to when I looked a bit at it in the past, confirmation bias, and it sounded intuitive. My bad!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

lets be best friends okay posted:

Is he your leader? If you never built a guild war team your leader is automatically placed on the team so you don't just give people an auto-win.

Nope, never been my leader either.

I assumed it hd something to do with him being banned this week, maye some bug related to that.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I keep fusing Black Roses, because DQ is much cooler. Perish on the altar of progress, Black Rose.

Maladictus
Feb 22, 2013
I started playing 7 Knights a fortnight ago and while I’m enjoying it, I seem to have reached an impasse in terms of my progression. My hero list is below, and I was hoping for advice on what mode(s) I should be focusing on and what my best team for each would be. I’ve cleared as far as 8-4 in adventure mode, Fl 55 in the tower, can barely complete the normal special dungeons each day, am hovering around the 1150-1230 mark in arena and usually get around 92kish points in easy castle rush. I’ve tried the raids but don’t seem to be able to get anywhere in them.

Any and all advice would be very gratefully received.

6*
Shane (32) +1
Yu Shin +5
2X Flower Rice Cake
2X Power Up Crystal

5*
Eileen +5
Bai Jiao
Rook +5
Joker +1
Bai Jiao
Feng Yan
Honey Rice Cake
Heavenia
Velika
Karon
Snipper

4*
Bai Long +5 x2
May +5 & +1
Karin +5 & +0
Noho +5 x3
Rachel +5
Diaochan
Bean Rice Cake X3
Ming Ming X2
Shane X2
Chancellor
Heavenia
Hellenia X3
Evan x2
+ some more fodder

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Some of the more experienced players may come along and give better advice than me, but I started about 6 weeks ago and I remember being in the exact same position you are in now and the advice I got from posters on here really helped me progress.

I think the most important mode for newish players is the raid, the weapons/armor there are critical, and you have the right foundation for a decent raid team. Start by finishing powering up Shane to +5, and try to transcend her to 40 as a priority, but ideally use dupes of her to do it rather than transcenders. It helps to save transcenders for Magic/Universal types since those are the highest demand, which means using up the most elementals. Karma and Eileen are solid units to support shane, so work on getting them both to 6*+5. Karma is also an allstar in almost all game modes. You will also need to take your Karon to 6*+5 for her anti stun passive, which is key vs the dragon. The last spot on your raid team needs to be a unit that helps your survivability, Velika will do this by reducing magic damage, but Espada is a better unit that does the same thing. Evan or Rudy also fit in here, but for now Velika is your best unit to put in here.

Karma, Black Rose, and Yu Shin make for a solid base of a pvp team. If you have not picked up your 12th day of birthday cake rewards, consider grabbing rin from that when it rolls around and adding her. Velika could fill the final spot for now.
Castle rush and Daily elementals are both important modes to improve in, but that will happen more over time, and also after you have picked up Ace, as he is a key for these modes. For now just keep doing what you can for the rewards.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Use the 6* Power Up Crystals, that's all they're for. Preferable, use them along with a 4-5* Bean Cake to give you significant odds of a Super and thus getting your guys up to +5 very quickly.

Use the 6* Bean Cakes to Unlock slots. If you don't need anything unlocked right now, save them to do so later.

Dude above me covered it pretty well. Honestly I'd say to focus on Da Qiao instead of Black Rose if you want a PvP team, both have their perks but DQ is much better in the long run, and much less frustrating. It's not bad to have both for Guild Wars but it's not great to spread yourself thin early on, PLUS: Shane will be eating all of your Fire elementals early on so you may find yourself with more Water ones to spare.

The main secret to DQ is that you absolutely must have her at 6* first, and you want her in the back row preferable with a 2-3 or 3-2 formation (just not Defensive basically). Also, at least one strong weapon with high speed. If you can get to that point she's automatically better than a Black Rose of equivalent level/gearing.

I would say definitely get Ace from the selector and not Rin though. Finish the Ace puzzle gets him to 32 which will significantly increase your scoring in CR and also completely trivialize Dailies and farming.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Oct 22, 2016

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Well here's some poo poo for you. There's apparently a hard bonus cap on any particular multiplier on buffs/debuffs in the game, which apparently includes the stacking effects of masteries and gems. Sounds like it's roughly ~80% for All Damage universally for example, but apparently the rules for debuffs change depending on modes though so it's all over the place.

So generally speaking, if you've got all the masteries unlocked and set to Damage, and already got a Dellons or Karma, the +20% All Damage Jewel is doing nothing for you. You're actually better off using +Crit Damage, +Crit Chance, or even +Lethal if you have to.

E: Actually this just JUST confirmed for Raid apparently, supposedly there is no cap for CR, and don't know about Arena yet. So it's something to keep in mind for Raid-specific units at least.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Oct 22, 2016

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Which mode is Jupy good for? I just maxed out Shane, and I have a glut of Jupy and Ruri in my inventory to work on next.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

Clawtopsy posted:

Which mode is Jupy good for? I just maxed out Shane, and I have a glut of Jupy and Ruri in my inventory to work on next.

A second raid team in the DPS spot, though I'm pretty sure Dellons outdoes her in the long run.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Sadly, I don't have a Dellons yet

Amperor
Oct 27, 2010

Thanks a ton for the guild war info, very helpful!

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Clawtopsy posted:

Sadly, I don't have a Dellons yet

You'll always have us! :)

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

i love you all, my sloven knight pals!!!!

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Jupy's pretty good too for DPS, not really that far behind Shane. BUT, you can also use Espada too, which might be less overall work for you since you want a decent Espada anyway.

Dellons for DPS is interesting because of a couple of things:
- Normal attack cooldown reduction means stacking SPD+Counter lets you get Deadly off cooldown really fast sometimes. Like you can sometimes land ~5 normal attacks between usage and thus cut the cooldown by 35 seconds.
- Having DPS and All Damage on the same unit opens up a free slot on your team for something else.

Typically I think, Spike for the bonus CH chance. I don't know what the best way to maximize output would be using that setup though, you've basically got to choose if your Raid 2 team is stuck with only a 4 turn Stun resist, or if it's stuck with having to use 2 actives for damage boosting. The second is probably preferable for normal raid since turn count is kind of everything, or the first for Awoken since you tend to die pretty fast and to burn damage anyway. Some ideas:

Type 1:
1: Dellons / Eileen, Velika, Spike, Karon
2: Shane / Victoria, Karma, Lucy, Espada

Type 2:
1: Dellons / Eileen, Velika, Spike, Karon
2: Shane / Victoria, Sieg, Lina, Espada

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

I will work on both Jupy and Espada! Magic and Phys, Water and Fire. I can do both! I'm not super keen on getting Dellons, as powerful as he might be. in the story he's a huge rear end in a top hat!!!

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Son of a loving bitch this is some bullshit.

So I got the 5* selector today and still haven't managed to farm Lania from 6-10. So I pick her thinking that it would complete the puzzle.....

Nope.

Maybe because it's the 5* version but the puzzle calls for the 4* one? Ugh.

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
It is the source of the selector that determines if it counts for the puzzle or not. I am guessing you used the selector from the anniversary log in event, and most special events like this don't count. only the regular login, celestial tower and quest reward selectors count towards the puzzle.

Russian Remoulade
Feb 22, 2009

Fenris13 posted:

It is the source of the selector that determines if it counts for the puzzle or not. I am guessing you used the selector from the anniversary log in event, and most special events like this don't count. only the regular login, celestial tower and quest reward selectors count towards the puzzle.

Cash shop ones tend to as well if you're a whale.

Amperor
Oct 27, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

Son of a loving bitch this is some bullshit.

So I got the 5* selector today and still haven't managed to farm Lania from 6-10. So I pick her thinking that it would complete the puzzle.....

Nope.

Maybe because it's the 5* version but the puzzle calls for the 4* one? Ugh.

I did the same thing...I've burned so many keys trying to get Ellin it's stupid. It would be nice if they were a little more clear. "Log-in Event" is the terminology used in both places, but this one doesn't count.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

iirc, awarded Selectors don't count towards the puzzle for some bizarre reason. But Celestial Tower selectors do?

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Slovenest of Knights, do any of you have a feel of when to switch from World Boss easy to normal? I was too scared until now, but this time I made a whopping 600k and am now tempted to ruin it by trying normal.

Second question! I know the big jump from 30 -> 32 are the jewels. But what do you get by transcending higher besides the stat boost? In other words, why do people suggest Acing It Up until 34 or more? Are the transcend stat boosts that important? The numbers alone don't seem that big.

Illiterate Clitoris fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Oct 24, 2016

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Fenris13 posted:

I logged on today and fund a 4* Selector in my inbox as an Event reward, and that one counted towards the last puzzle piece (Lina) i needed for the Ace puzzle.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Illiterate Clitoris posted:

Slovenest of Knights, do any of you have a feel of when to switch from World Boss easy to normal? I was too scared until now, but this time I made a whopping 600k and am now tempted to ruin it by trying normal.

Second question! I know the big jump from 30 -> 32 are the jewels. But what do you get by transcending higher besides the stat boost? In other words, why do people suggest Acing It Up until 34 or more? Are the transcend stat boosts that important? The numbers alone don't seem that big.

Hello Sloven Knight, we have some of the Castle Rushes set to Normal. The ones that presently aren't are the ones with AoE status effects (Dellons, Eileen, and Spike) and Kris, because Kris just fucks you up! Last we did this, we didn't feel confident getting to at least an A rank with those rushes, as iirc, everyone either needs the heroes to end all heroes, or a decent glut of people need characters that defend against those specific ailments. Today's Castle Rush, Rudy, is already on Normal! If you got 600k on Rudy, good work!

If the Garbage Soldiers feel we can up the difficulty of some of the others, we can give it a go.

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

Oh, I was actually talking about these bad boys. :)

I am trying to OVERCOME MY FEAR! but the game warns you that you only get season rewards for Normal if you participated in both difficulties.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Transcended my Giparang to 38 this morning. Definitely my favorite non-7k character. He's a beast for how easy he is to obtain.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

I gave up trying to figure out which selectors do or don't count towards the puzzle so I'm just using all of them to fill my box full of cute girls instead.

I replaced my Gip for Teo but I have to say that losing Eye of the Storm and the extra stats really, really sucks. It's actually kind of funny how good Teo is despite both of his skills being pretty bad.

Illiterate Clitoris posted:

Stats matter a lot because they get multiplied by everything. Attack especially, since you're stacking that most of the time pretty aggressively, a 1400 base attack ends up equaling something like, 1400 Base * 1.8 (All Damage) * 1.8 (Magic Damage) * 1.1 (Skill Damage) * 1.5 (For Crits) * 1.3 (For Lethal) * 1.3 (Crit Damage Increase) etc etc etc etc

Defense & HP Work together too, so maybe 50 more defense and 500 more HP doesn't sound like a lot individually, but the more defense you have the farther your HP goes, and of course that gets significantly more-so once you've got your +4k from gear, and if you start stacking Block Rate on top of that (especially for guys like Spike, Jave, Rudy, Nezha, and so on). And you just never know when a little bit more HP will make the difference between a dead hero and one that lives and gets to counter attack, life drain, and proc an ailment.

There are also plenty of talk related to the fact that transcendence levels maybe effect ailment proc rate in Arena. I dunno if anyone has proved that or not but there's definitely some system of prorating proc chances in there.

In Arena, obviously every little bit helps. I've lost hundreds of matches just because my guys couldn't deal the damage needed to kill someone, or just barely died to someone tickling them.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ineptitude posted:

I logged on today and fund a 4* Selector in my inbox as an Event reward, and that one counted towards the last puzzle piece (Lina) i needed for the Ace puzzle.

Are you loving kidding me? They really need to get it straight. Oh well at least I am going to finish the Ace puzzle and get my ace to 32 so that's a plus.

s1ppycup
Jul 31, 2010
I think I goofed. I grabbed (another) Rin from the event selector for finishing the tasty cakes/tokens thing, now she's at 32. That's cool and all, but I just realized I could have gotten Teo instead, and then grabbed Rin later from the 7K/4L selector at the end of the 21-day event. Now the question is: do I get Rin to 34, or SWK to 32?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

FWIW, SWK is completely gone from the high-end meta of Arena, quick browse of the top 20 shows literally nobody running him anymore.

Rin vs Teo I feel like Rin is definitely the safer choice, she brings a lot more to the team in terms of utility and power, and she's useful for more other stuff than Teo is. And that's 100% so for getting a 32 Rin vs 30 Rin & 30 Teo.
Teo seems like a guy who's just barely hanging on anyway, immortality being absurdly flimsy these days, plus having two kinda bad active skills. That speed and void shield though, he does some good work.

Now mind you that's just high-end stuff, it's not like any of these guys are bad, and it's not like any of them are useless. GW is always around to make your bring out the backups, and a lot of them are also really useful for Abyss.
To me though just seems like a bad time to start working on a SWK if you weren't already running him.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I was torn on Rin vs Teo as my Teo could have gone to 32, but I ended up picking Rin and I think in retrospect it's no contest. She's SO FAST, I mean, her damage is also good and so is the blind on autos but the speed is outrageous and that's really good. I don't think I've gone second in arena since I got her, and while I rarely did before it DID happen.

Also I don't think Teos skills are BAD, he just needs either some transcends and or some serious damage/attack buffing. When both my Ace and Karma are alive Teo can do some serious damage, but take either one out and he becomes quite pitiful. His autos are actually really good too thanks to his passive, and he's also pretty fast. I'm debating between replacing him or Rudy with my Spike I will be getting at rollover today, since I typically only lose to unlucky status debuffs (in fights i actually have a chance in, which is a surprising amount to me)

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Looking again, Corvus is better than I was thinking actually, it's 2x hits and 2-turn cooldown reduction (which is enough to deal with Spike's passive) and does 140% damage. For some reason I thought it did a lot less damage than that.

Talon Strike is definitely pretty trashy though, 1 hit 100% damage pierce, that's it. Sucks bad by comparison to Jave's Dragon Fury which is ~120% pierce plus ignores defense and causes burn, or Karma's Redemption which is 120% and hits twice and guarantees crit. And that's not to even get into other skills with similar roles that hit 3-4 targets.

But that normal attack is sure nasty.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

I am going to follow the post further up about "what to do when you have only played for a few weeks" and try to get a decent raid team.

I currently have

Velika 6*+5 (32)
Eileen 6*+5
Karma 6*+5

I have a Shane 5* and a 6* selector. I guess i should get Shane to 6* (i have a 5* fire element) and use the 6* selector on Karon?
I also have a 5* Espada, 2x 4* Espadas as well as 2x 4* Karons.
Im sure there are other good picks for the 6* selector but for better raiding is Karon the way to go?
Or should i pick a Sieg and do Sieg+Espada instead of Shane+Karon?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

You need a healer and a stun resister on your raid teams and Karon is very good at both. So yes, take him. Shane / Velika, Eileen, Karma, Karon is the same Raid 1 team I use.

Espada is better than Velika but you need both eventually anyway and it's better to focus on just having one or the other who can actually take hits than it is to spread thinly.

Get Shane to 6* immediately, your raid team is pretty hopeless without her there. And geared and transcended.

I was thinking about Rudy CR day and I realize that now that we have Karma there's a much better setup vs Rudy:
Shane / Karma, Ace, Rachel, Sieg->Eileen

Karma+Ace gives you all the buff removal you need, no more need for Lee Jung.

So now what do I do with all these Earth Elementals.

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

MarcusSA posted:

Are you loving kidding me? They really need to get it straight. Oh well at least I am going to finish the Ace puzzle and get my ace to 32 so that's a plus.

The thing is if you look at the listings in the Puzzle window it does actually tell all the things that are valid and will give credit toward the Puzzle. The problem in my mind is that it should include a disclaimer somewhere when you're using a non-valid Selector just saying "this selector will not count toward Puzzle Progress." Especially since the puzzle is apparently a permanent feature now it'd be a real nice quality of life improvement.

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

So now what do I do with all these Earth Elementals.

If you have nothing to do with them, supposedly evan might be really good after awakening

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

gwrtheyrn posted:

If you have nothing to do with them, supposedly evan might be really good after awakening

Yeah I know, him, Hellenia, and Rook are all good on KR. I think I'll start working on Hellenia just to get the topaz :v:

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
Well hellenia also has something where you can run 4 fodder, I think. I've never tried it because it supposedly takes a little more management than autoplay

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

MarcusSA posted:

It turns out that the 5 star from the anniversary check-in was supposed to work for the puzzle, and this 4 star selector was their way of making things right. They are going to make sure all selectors from check-in events count for the puzzle going forward.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Fenris13 posted:

It turns out that the 5 star from the anniversary check-in was supposed to work for the puzzle, and this 4 star selector was their way of making things right. They are going to make sure all selectors from check-in events count for the puzzle going forward.

OK that is awesome and good to know.

I just used the second one and finished my Ace puzzle finally. Now to get my Ace to 32 and really start rocking the house.

EDIT: Also I have a 6* Li and a 6* joker should I use them to summon another 6* or just hang on to them?

Also is there any other way to get evo mats besides the daily? I mean I've seen some 2* versions drop rarely but I'm not sure if the 3* ones drop.

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Oct 24, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Landed in Platinum Arena for the first time! Here's my team.

Back (Offense)
6* Giparang Lvl 38 (36 mostly throughout)

Front
6* Spike Lvl 30
6* Rudy Lvl 30
6* Dellons Lvl 30
5* Black Rose Lvl 30

I should probably beef up Black Rose but she exists solely to take down shields in early turns. Pretty awesome stuff, I'm thrilled.

• Locked thread