Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Support Miss Fortune is not GOOD persay but it is surprisingly fun to make people explode with rage in lane as they get constantly slowed and pelted to death with no avail. Yeah, I can do that as Brand or whatever but people get a lot more tilted by MF for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Who are some current meta junglers and why? I forgot how much poo poo you have to know to play this game

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

ArbitraryC posted:

it's really just a good example of how little support affects games in solo queue

this is very untrue. a good support gives a massive edge over the other team having a lukewarm or terrible support.

in fact the best supports this patch (Sona, Janna, Sion) are all statistically shown to improve your team's chances of winning, meanwhile supports that have fallen out of favor (Alistar, Lulu, Morgana) are at least 4-7% lower in winrate than the best champions, and that is a significant enough difference to understand that a good support pick favorably effects the outcome of your team winning

How Rude fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Oct 24, 2016

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

RC Cola posted:

Who are some current meta junglers and why? I forgot how much poo poo you have to know to play this game

It really depends on what elo you're playing in, but some good junglers right now are:

Nunu (may be broken)
Skarner
Zac
Amumu (low elo)
Warwick (low elo)
Xin Zhao (low elo?)
Olaf
Nidalee (you have to be exceptional to play her well, though)
Elise (maybe not exceptional but you have to be good)

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

My favorite uncommon support pick is Veigar. Perfect for any game where people are dumb enough to not know how to play around the stun cage, useless otherwise!

RC Cola posted:

For pro play: Nidalee, Olaf, Elise, Lee Sin, Rek'sai

For solo queue: http://champion.gg/statistics/#?sortBy=general.winPercent&order=descend&roleSort=Jungle

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Graves is probably the easiest pub stomp jungler in the game imo

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Luna Was Here posted:

Graves is probably the easiest pub stomp jungler in the game imo

Yeah I forgot Graves idk why, he is really good right now especially in soloqueue.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
On top of being a great bully Sion also has amazing peel power thanks to having an instant stun, followed by a knockup stun, then a slow and % damage. He's a lot like Alistar with healing potential replaced with poke potential.

I had a TT game where it was me and two 0/8/1 carries against three assassins; between the skills, Face of the Mountain, Locket, and Mikaels Crucible we managed to turn it around just by virtue of making dives impossible. Obviously an SR support Sion might not get all those, but it still speaks to how great Zombabo Man is at protecting dudes.

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Oct 24, 2016

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Sexpansion posted:

It really depends on what elo you're playing in, but some good junglers right now are:

Nunu (may be broken)
Skarner
Zac
Amumu (low elo)
Warwick (low elo)
Xin Zhao (low elo?)
Olaf
Nidalee (you have to be exceptional to play her well, though)
Elise (maybe not exceptional but you have to be good)

Gold elo. I'll try skarner out again. What's his build path? Still starts blue?

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

RC Cola posted:

Gold elo. I'll try skarner out again. What's his build path? Still starts blue?

I don't really play him, but lolalytics (good data site) seems to like warrior/cinderhulk into tank + triforce or titanic hydra: http://current.lolalytics.com/champion/Skarner/

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Speaking about Sion, I noticed his mecha skin was on sale. Since when do they put legendary skins on sale?

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
6 months after release I think

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Speaking about Sion, I noticed his mecha skin was on sale. Since when do they put legendary skins on sale?

Ultimates/themes are the ones that don't get discounted ever (except Ez on launch), but I don't think legendaries go on sale outside of special events normally?

Super Librarian
Jan 4, 2005

When they changed initial skin discounts to be six months after release (instead of AT release), they also started giving the six month sale to legendaries as a one-time discount

stump collector
May 28, 2007

probably the only time i've been able to untilt and make a good play in a very bad situation and win a game

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
holy poo poo, im getting massive frame drops whenever i use my tsm flair in game. anyone else having the issue? I drop from ~250 to 50 when I use it

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Luna Was Here posted:

holy poo poo, im getting massive frame drops whenever i use my tsm flair in game. anyone else having the issue? I drop from ~250 to 50 when I use it

It's classical conditioning paid for by CLG.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
ty for the replies + good info about supports yall

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice
Heeeey I hit a million mastery points on Sona.

I have officially played an absurd amount of this champion. I wonder if I can hit two million in another season and a half?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
MF is free this week :getin:

I don't care if this is old news I just found out

Safety Scissors
Feb 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The free champs change on Tuesdays. That seems like it's tomorrow.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
"Hey adc, can we not push the lane? I don't have wards and I don't want to get ganked"

Cue 45 sec later when Caitlyn has shoved the wave under the enemy tower and we both die to a 2v3: "/all trash support doesnt know how to ward, report" "kill yourself Sona" :shepicide:

Send help, I was told Diamond would have good players

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hi league thread,

Since taking the thread's advice to upgrade my sightstone and trinket more, I've actually been winning more games. Having the buttons to press has compelled me to go use them, which has resulted in warding/clearing wards in the enemy jungle, etc. Unfortunately this also means I've begun to die more on average. Not a huge amount, but I'll get caught once or twice per game in the enemy jungle when warding. I'm usually trying to ward where the enemy wolf smite orb appears if I'm blue team or if I'm red team above and below red buff. Without vision there already, I can't know if the jungler is there so I sometimes get caught placing the wards. How can I read that better? The obvious solution seems to be only do it when the enemy jungler is visible top-side, and if that's all there is to it then that should be a pretty simple fix.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Mystery Prize posted:

"Hey adc, can we not push the lane? I don't have wards and I don't want to get ganked"

Cue 45 sec later when Caitlyn has shoved the wave under the enemy tower and we both die to a 2v3: "/all trash support doesnt know how to ward, report" "kill yourself Sona" :shepicide:

i feel like nobody in the thread would tell you this

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

Verviticus posted:

i feel like nobody in the thread would tell you this

Yeah that's actually true, I was told everyone in this game is poo poo unless they are challenger

And even then they are poo poo

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Nietzschean posted:

Hi league thread,

Since taking the thread's advice to upgrade my sightstone and trinket more, I've actually been winning more games. Having the buttons to press has compelled me to go use them, which has resulted in warding/clearing wards in the enemy jungle, etc. Unfortunately this also means I've begun to die more on average. Not a huge amount, but I'll get caught once or twice per game in the enemy jungle when warding. I'm usually trying to ward where the enemy wolf smite orb appears if I'm blue team or if I'm red team above and below red buff. Without vision there already, I can't know if the jungler is there so I sometimes get caught placing the wards. How can I read that better? The obvious solution seems to be only do it when the enemy jungler is visible top-side, and if that's all there is to it then that should be a pretty simple fix.

If you don't have vision on the enemy and you get caught by wolf sprite, leave immediately. In general you need to be careful roaming alone to ward, but in that situation definitely leave.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
join us in the low elo group where nothing matters except your own k/d/a

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Mystery Prize posted:

Yeah that's actually true, I was told everyone in this game is poo poo unless they are challenger

And even then they are poo poo

I'm currently pushing my third account into Diamond. Most games are around Diamond 5 elo and I am absolutely shitstomping basically every game, and this is despite me being complete and utter garbage at League of Legends. The game is complicated enough and people are stupid enough that there are like five players world wide that are any good whatsoever.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Nietzschean posted:

Hi league thread,

you can read that better by not doing it. if you go to ward by yourself without vision you are going to die. just don't do it, you have to establish a line of vision or have someone with you.

RYang
Dec 5, 2012

Nietzschean posted:

Hi league thread,

If you want to survive venturing into their jungle, alone, with no vision, no backup, and no knowledge of where their jungler is, then you'd better pick Janna.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

RYang posted:

If you want to survive venturing into their jungle, alone, with no vision, no backup, and no knowledge of where their jungler is, then you'd better pick Janna.

Alternatively, pick a support that has some reason to build FQC. The scouting potential for "dark" areas from the active is a massively underrated part of that item.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Nietzschean posted:

Hi league thread,

sometimes the only way to ward the enemy jungle is if you know they are dead or are on the other side of the map

even then it can be risky if their midlaner / bot laner are missing / doing camps / doing buffs / etc

also it's bad to ward when you don't know where they are because they might see you put down the wards giving them an easy indication to clear the ward or use another path to gank your lane.

you will figure it out. sometimes your team can even make plays off of you dying because that'll give information for them. but i wouldn't depend on it

Mystery Prize posted:

try using the alt pings on your ward charges and backping them. sometimes i dont pay any attention to chat while laning

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

stump collector posted:

try using the alt pings on your ward charges and backping them. sometimes i dont pay any attention to chat while laning

I use this a lot, even pre-Sightstone. You can keep up perpetual river vision if you alternate with your ADC's trinket, so I usually just ping after my second charge until they go and set their own down.

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

stump collector posted:

That's a good idea, though I don't know if my adc will pay attention to that either :v:

I definitely backping people, but all that does is piss off the greedy adc who wants to tunnel vision more CS

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Mystery Prize posted:

That's a good idea, though I don't know if my adc will pay attention to that either :v:

I definitely backping people, but all that does is piss off the greedy adc who wants to tunnel vision more CS

they probably won't notice it but at least your teammates might figure out that your adc is a doofus and you can roam to their lanes and help em win

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

Mystery Prize posted:

Nope, everyone who plays is retarded.

I pinged a bush and then my trinket (which says it's on CD) multiple times, and then pinged it and said "use your ward pls" and then my adc told me to stfu

30 secs later we got ganked through that bush and she died (I escaped) then she spammed 6 question marks on me and complained about not warding

It was a Caitlyn too.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Adcs are the worst.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

BREAKING NEWS: Very niche champ gets played at Worlds by one of the best supports in the world, does poorly in solo queue. Join us at 11 for "Warding: It's not just for supports anymore!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Meanwhile, Zyra's play rate has gone up 6% since CoreJJ first brought her out. When was the last time we saw such a massive spike?

• Locked thread