Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

elf help book posted:

Please step on me.

*spits on you but the spit becomes stardust*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva
I am not enjoying the direction this thread is taking

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
You are just too much of a plebe to understand the beauty of shoujo-ai and the true relationship between Princess Peach and Princess Rosalina.

You are, and I hate to say this because it is very harsh, but it must be said, you are no better than Shigeru Miyamoto.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Phantasium posted:

It's why Bethesda is featured prominently in the video and also why they've been so cagey about what they're bringing... it checks out, coming on launch.

they're also really loving proud of xbx, and probably same for breath of the wild, idk i could unironically see them putting some open world features in mario. but like, some.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

If Nintendo is proud of Xenoblade X, they shouldn't be.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Supercar Gautier posted:

I liked the exploration aspect of it, avoiding giant monsters to salvage stuff was fun.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Dinosaurs and robots are cool but it is not a cool game.

More at 11.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Supercar Gautier posted:

its good

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

Haha loser, just listening to this interview. All the hardware was real. Not a prop. :boom:

The interviewee is simply a high-level concept for "actor in a commercial." I can't believe we're discussing this!

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

limaCAT posted:

Anyway I don't understand why why Nintendo made a posh switch trailer when they could Just show a grandma playing solitarie and just say in big bold letters "no ads, no forced updates, no xbox live login needed" and sell millions of consoles.

Only pooping dads play Nintendo games.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

When you 100% color splash's museum you unlock art that shows they at some point planned to go back to the Yoshi's Island artstyle, use different toads, have a unique final boss and more.

At some point they decided gently caress that and threw it in the trash so whatever.

etc

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Toady posted:

The interviewee is simply a high-level concept for "actor in a commercial." I can't believe we're discussing this!

lmao at anyone who still can't comprehend that the ad didn't feature real switch game footage

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

When you 100% color splash's museum you unlock art that shows they at some point planned to go back to the Yoshi's Island artstyle, use different toads, have a unique final boss and more.

At some point they decided gently caress that and threw it in the trash so whatever.

etc

Those pirate toads and engineer toads and mechanic toads are literally in the game though.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

greatn posted:

Those pirate toads and engineer toads and mechanic toads are literally in the game though.

From what I've read Paper Mario Color Splash is just a gif of Mario jumping on a plain toad.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

greatn posted:

Engineer is, the pirate ones are literally just the toad in a red vest with a hat on though. The Legendary captain is just a yellow toad with a slightly bigger hat.

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

those are plain toads

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Why are they called toads when they are clearly mushrooms?

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Guy Goodbody posted:

Why are they called toads when they are clearly mushrooms?

considering that peach is princess toadstool and its the mushroom kingdom, the citizens are all toad(stools) goombas and bricks

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

My girlfriend's first game was 3d world, she loves playing as toad but was very unhappy to find out that "toads" are a generic thing and are used as placeholders for like everything in Mario games. She feels it's very disrespectful to Toad and he should be a unique character.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Sounds like she doesn't know her station. Sadly the opposite of her hero, Toad.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

zolthorg posted:

considering that peach is princess toadstool and its the mushroom kingdom, the citizens are all toad(stools) goombas and bricks

I never knew Peach's last name was Toadstool.

Peach Toadstool is the worst name I've ever heard

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
Have we discussed the unannounced projector feature yet?

http://www.polygon.com/2016/10/24/13379434/nintendo-switch-secret-projector

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Polygon are idiots. Companies like Nintendo patent a ton of things and many or most do not end up in final products.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

You may also notice that the Switch's screen is not donut-shaped.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Supercar Gautier posted:

You may also notice that the Switch's screen is not donut-shaped.

Depends on the type of donut

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I like how they think Nintendo will release it with an Atari 2600 paddle controller attachment. I'll be the hit of all rooftop parties when I bust out some four player Warlords on my Switch.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Guy Goodbody posted:

I think she was original just Princess Peach in Japan but the West hosed it up and called her Princess Toadstool in the beginning, later down the line they were just made both canon so Toadstool is her last name. It's dumb, though Toadstool never gets used anymore.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Guy Goodbody posted:

uh oh, someone didn't play enough mario 64 as a child to memorize the intro note !!

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
toadstool means toad poop lol

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Guy Goodbody posted:

Yours truly, Princess Toadstool

"Peach"

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Guy Goodbody posted:

That only because nobody calls you anymore.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Electromax posted:

Yours truly, Princess Toadstool

"Peach"

"Peach!"

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

oddium posted:

uh oh, someone didn't play enough mario 64 as a child to memorize the intro note !!

I never played Mario 64

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Toady posted:

Only pooping dads play Nintendo games.

The Walrus posted:

toadstool means toad poop lol

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

zolthorg posted:

Didn't they explain bricks were basically toads turned into blocks? Or have I been eating the wrong kind of mushrooms.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

Rexroom posted:

Didn't they explain bricks were basically toads turned into blocks? Or have I been eating the wrong kind of mushrooms.

thats the scariest thing i ever heard

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so

Rexroom posted:

I think that's from a comic from like 1990.

I'm just learning that Princess Peach and Toadstool are the same person though.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

toad is the best character in super mario bros 2

CrimsonAuthor
Nov 14, 2006
Almost everything in mario has a face which is disturbing when you think about it.
The hills have eyes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

CrimsonAuthor posted:

Almost everything in mario has a face which is disturbing when you think about it.
The hills have eyes

Well, yeah, someone has to see Mario's sick platforming stunts. Would you do a triple jump if everything around you wasn't watching?

• Locked thread