Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Like all EA games you'll probably be able to VPN into south korea and unlock it early on Thursday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXwdWuSuiYA

:toot:

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
I haven't been watching any campaign stuff because I want to be surprised when my robo-waifu digitally kisses me after being bashful but is the launch trailer good?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Knifegrab posted:

I haven't been watching any campaign stuff because I want to be surprised when my robo-waifu digitally kisses me after being bashful but is the launch trailer good?

It contains no campaign spoilers at all, so you can watch it just fine :D

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer
FYI for anyone not counting the seconds to Oct 28: you can preload the game starting today in 15 minutes.

Edit:

Lol that trailer is corny as gently caress but also kinda cool

Antoine Silvere fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Oct 24, 2016

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

What if you're a stupid gently caress who ordered a physical copy because it comes with a helmet?

:negative:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

s.i.r.e. posted:

What if you're a stupid gently caress who ordered a physical copy because it comes with a helmet?

Oh....oh god...

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

s.i.r.e. posted:

Well, it means you need it, so

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

s.i.r.e. posted:

pro: helmet
con: helmet

deciding factor: at least you aren't $15,000 deep into Star Citizen

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Lemming posted:

Well, it means you need it, so

Makes it easier to feel the bond of a Titan. I want a livestream of you wearing the helmet while playing campaign.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Psion posted:

pro: helmet
con: helmet

deciding factor: at least you aren't $15,000 deep into Star Citizen

Now that's one rabbit hole I'll never descend. gently caress that.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

s.i.r.e. posted:

Just buy a second, digital copy of the game, duh :rolleyes:

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Reviews are coming out today.

Gamespot gave it a 9/10
http://www.gamespot.com/reviews/titanfall-2-review/1900-6416561/

s.i.r.e. posted:

Same, but what if you decided to get a digital copy too because you're an even bigger idiot and hates money?

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
http://www.polygon.com/2016/10/24/13377822/titanfall-2-review-xbox-one-PC-ps4-playstation-4

Polygon not every impressed

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Polygon seems the odd one out, yeah

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/595bat/titanfall_2_review_thread/

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Daztek posted:

Polygon seems the odd one out, yeah

They usually are.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
Which version of this game comes with a mini fridge?

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Polygon reviewers are the kind of people that would miss the ground if they fell on it.

TastesBlue
Jan 15, 2008

el B posted:

Which version of this game comes with a mini fridge?

Platinum mini fridge edition. Pretty sure they are long sold out, got to preorder for stuff like that, it's a limited run.

Watch eBay I guess.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Wazzit posted:

Same, but what if you decided to get a digital copy too because you're an even bigger idiot and hates money?

Heh, I ordered the PS4 Vanguard Edition just for the swag and was going to just eBay the game since I don't have a PS4 and just get the game digitally. Then I called the PS4 order because the PC version got the Vanguard Edition.

The worst part is Amazon hasn't updated the order or even given me a god drat arrival date. I better get it release day god drat it.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

quote:

This leads to more overall variety in tactical options and problems to deal with, though, some just feel cheap — especially the active cloaking, which indulges in the worst sniper camping behavior I’ve seen in a shooter in ages.

The polygon guy thinks cloak is "cheap"

lmao

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

After all 3 maps in the tech test ended up being garbage it's disappointing that the final game only has 9, hopefully the other 6 aren't awful. Sucks to see things scaled back so much when the first game launched with 15 maps that were all really good though.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Polygonplaysdoom.mp4

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Lemming posted:

The polygon guy thinks cloak is "cheap"

lmao

lol

people bad at video games complain that you die too quickly in a titan, news at 11

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

SUNKOS posted:

After all 3 maps in the tech test ended up being garbage it's disappointing that the final game only has 9, hopefully the other 6 aren't awful. Sucks to see things scaled back so much when the first game launched with 15 maps that were all really good though.
It's probably due to having to focus on making a single player campaign that they had to scale back a bit on the multiplayer side; but it's quality over quantity in the end, right? It probably made it a bit easier when the campaign was just already centered around the multiplayer in the first place for the first game and that's why those maps all felt super strong to some degree.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?

Ein Sexmonster posted:

Polygonplaysdoom.mp4

:lol: I forgot about that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3pQ0oO_cDE

7/10

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Holy poo poo.

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy

lawl

Can someone also pls post the original BETTAH.mp4, I can't even remember enough of how it goes for what to look for

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

teh_Broseph posted:

lawl

Can someone also pls post the original BETTAH.mp4, I can't even remember enough of how it goes for what to look for

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8QbU2Qy2Sg&t=327s

bettah

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

:allears:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Polygon gave Shadow Warrior 2 a 5.0 while barely talking about the gameplay at all, who cares about Polygon?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Mordja posted:

Polygon gave Shadow Warrior 2 a 5.0 while barely talking about the gameplay at all, who cares about Polygon?

did they find it "problematic" or some pretentious horse poo poo like that.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

I'd like to think that Polygon is that one kid in your English class who always just fluffed the gently caress out of their essays and BS'd a lot of the content for the sake of words.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Watch Polygon's Arthur Gies play Titanfall 2 here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQCGVtk11EA

He's bad.

The cloak criticism really stands out to me because: cloak isn't very effective against non-titan opponents, you have killcams so that you know exactly where the sniper is standing, you have more mobility and speed than in most FPSes, and 2/3rds of the Sniper Rifles have travel time.

The thing that both FrothyOmen and GameSager (two higher tier TF players) said was bad was Amped Wall with the DRM, it's a 2-shot hitscan kill and it can be tough. But this means that the sniper is locked down in front of a big orange wall which is both a visual indicator and a serious disadvantage.

So look at the ham-handed play above and realize that the dude plays the game like Call of Duty with other scrubs. He's not qualified to talk about poo poo.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

My favorite Polygon article is the one where the author stopped playing Shadow of Mordor literally five minutes in to fart out a 1,500-word hot take about how the "kiss wife" quicktime event was bound to the same key as the stealth kill.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Well I don't want to condemn Polygon as an outlet, they did hire the McElroy bros, but they also hired a guy who admitted to being a lousy father who used video games to babysit his kids and doesn't monitor what they do. And I'm not being uncharitable - that's what he said.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/1/12/7532863/video-games-parenting-no-bullshit

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
im beginning to think Polygon is bad and should mostly be ignored...

E: but the best was when they gave a Tropico game a bad score because the reviewer didn't like that playing as a Banana Republic dictator made him feel bad

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Mordja posted:

im beginning to think Polygon is bad and should mostly be ignored...

E: but the best was when they gave a Tropico game a bad score because the reviewer didn't like that playing as a Banana Republic dictator made him feel bad

One of my favorite moments from Titanfall 1 was playing with goons and having one guy read out all the supremely retarded article titles on Kotaku

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Mordja posted:

The thing that's particularly amusing about this is that it's entirely possible to play as a decent leader who gives everyone free housing and high-school level education and isn't particularly corrupt. That's not even hard to accomplish, in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

The thing that's particularly amusing about this is that it's entirely possible to play as a decent leader who gives everyone free housing and high-school level education and isn't particularly corrupt. That's not even particularly hard to accomplish.

Never let the facts get in the way of a self-righteous story I guess?