Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Grog posted:

Dark vs. Light is "intended to end" on November 29: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9074957#post9074957.

Oh again. I guess I'll have time to get the companion achievement after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

M_Sinistrari posted:

Going from some of the recent posts in the "When are the rest of the companions returning?" threads, there's a growing sentiment that they probably aren't so whoever's come back already, that's it. Only evidence to back this is Bioware's not saying anything when asked, even a vague "you'll see some familiar faces returning", that KotFT credits aren't listed in the assorted voice actors IMDB pages, apparently nothing's shown up on any of the datamining done and the nine chapters coming out are all that's left of the storyline, and anything said before about companions returning in general could be pointed at that terminal on Odessen with that technically counting.

I can't see it happening if only with how what happened with SCORPIO went over like a lead balloon, I can only imagine the forums rioting if it happened again with several companions all at once.

Granted that the SWTOR forums do tend to the "we're all doooOOOooooomed" sentiment and when nothing official's said everyone starts assuming the worst, but if it is the case, it's pretty sucky.
This is a very confusing post and I don't see what it has to do with the general attitude of the regular companions toward the Agent. I mean I suppose SCORPIO betrays the Outlander, who might happen to be an Agent, but she doesn't specifically set out to murder them in KOtFE - they're just in her way, as it were.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

M_Sinistrari posted:

Going from some of the recent posts in the "When are the rest of the companions returning?" threads, there's a growing sentiment that they probably aren't so whoever's come back already, that's it. Only evidence to back this is Bioware's not saying anything when asked, even a vague "you'll see some familiar faces returning", that KotFT credits aren't listed in the assorted voice actors IMDB pages, apparently nothing's shown up on any of the datamining done and the nine chapters coming out are all that's left of the storyline, and anything said before about companions returning in general could be pointed at that terminal on Odessen with that technically counting.

I can't see it happening if only with how what happened with SCORPIO went over like a lead balloon, I can only imagine the forums rioting if it happened again with several companions all at once.

Granted that the SWTOR forums do tend to the "we're all doooOOOooooomed" sentiment and when nothing official's said everyone starts assuming the worst, but if it is the case, it's pretty sucky.

There is one item of interest regarding the datamined content, however: You can apparently ask Master Ranos, the DvL Chiss Jedi about some of the Jedi/Sith companions who haven't shown up yet (Jaesa, Nadia, Scourge, etc.). Her answers do support the "some companions aren't coming back" sentiment because they all essentially amount to "Yeah they disappeared, idk :shrug:"

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Sombrerotron posted:

This is a very confusing post and I don't see what it has to do with the general attitude of the regular companions toward the Agent. I mean I suppose SCORPIO betrays the Outlander, who might happen to be an Agent, but she doesn't specifically set out to murder them in KOtFE - they're just in her way, as it were.

More in like it kinda makes it moot for some if they're not coming back.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Medullah posted:

Until December when cap goes up to 70. :).

I actually kind of worried about not having any left over because of this, but then I remembered how leveling was kind of handheld during KOTFE and decided they were probably still going to be useless. We'll see!

Not that I won't have all of my characters 70 with or without bonuses by the end of the first day because I have no life. :v:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Slim Killington posted:

I actually kind of worried about not having any left over because of this, but then I remembered how leveling was kind of handheld during KOTFE and decided they were probably still going to be useless. We'll see!

Not that I won't have all of my characters 70 with or without bonuses by the end of the first day because I have no life. :v:

I think I'm actually going to level to 70 doing heroics before I start KOTET, since you get GC points for doing the chapters, and you don't get GC points til 70.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

I think I'm actually going to level to 70 doing heroics before I start KOTET, since you get GC points for doing the chapters, and you don't get GC points til 70.

Yeah but you also get GC points for doing heroics. I guess it's going to be a matter of which gets you more to see the "best" order to level.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Hulk Smash! posted:

Yeah but you also get GC points for doing heroics. I guess it's going to be a matter of which gets you more to see the "best" order to level.

You know I'll be spreadsheeting that poo poo.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Here's a dumb question: Can you stack that DvL XP bonus armor, and an XP boost with the 2x XP bonus?

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

dreffen posted:

Here's a dumb question: Can you stack that DvL XP bonus armor, and an XP boost with the 2x XP bonus?

Yes and it's glorious.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

M_Sinistrari posted:

Yes and it's glorious.

Ok, great. I wasn't sure if I was misremembering how good the 2x XP bonus was because I rolled a fresh character after getting those first pieces and it's bonkers.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Alright, probably makes sense to level up a DvL from 0 than top off my alts elsewhere...guessing sith agent is probably the best story I have not seen yet (have seen all Repub and sith warrior in part already)?

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

While they're all very subjective and each person has their favorites (My favorite is probably Inquisitor and I like BH a lot more than most people seem to) but Agent is widely regarded as really good by pretty much everyone.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

So am I gimping myself by using a cartel market lightsaber instead of one I get as a quest reward? I know you can stick mods into adaptive gear to beef it up, but it seems like every saber I find does way more damage than my Tempted Apprentice saber even after I've put mods on it.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Canemacar posted:

So am I gimping myself by using a cartel market lightsaber instead of one I get as a quest reward? I know you can stick mods into adaptive gear to beef it up, but it seems like every saber I find does way more damage than my Tempted Apprentice saber even after I've put mods on it.

Use what you like. Stats are largely meaningless until you get into serious endgame activity.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Hey this is a big idiot noob question but here goes.

I got an in-game mail with two complete sets of armor with little orange shields on em. They're pretty bad? And taking up a shitload of inventory space. I assume these are something you're intended to like modify into being good or something? I suppose I have no extra storage options as a free player either right?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Light Gun Man posted:

Hey this is a big idiot noob question but here goes.

I got an in-game mail with two complete sets of armor with little orange shields on em. They're pretty bad? And taking up a shitload of inventory space. I assume these are something you're intended to like modify into being good or something? I suppose I have no extra storage options as a free player either right?

Those are most likely the pilot suits from galactic starfighter launch. They are adaptive, which means you have to put mods in them (you can buy with crystals on the fleet). I'd recommend keeping one set at least since they are Bind to Legacy, which means you can place otherwise bind on pickup mods in them and send to an alt. Realistically, this is mostly useful for idiots like me who have multiple of the same class, so I can share one set of armor for all of them. I've got a couple sorcs that I like to PvP on, so I have an augmented and optimized set of PvP gear that I keep in my legacy vault and rotate. :)

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Canemacar posted:

You need to update the hilt mod to boost the damage range on it and increase the weapon rating, but the cartel/adaptive sabers when appropriately modded are no different to the non-modded variants of equal rating.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Medullah posted:

Those are most likely the pilot suits from galactic starfighter launch. They are adaptive, which means you have to put mods in them (you can buy with crystals on the fleet). I'd recommend keeping one set at least since they are Bind to Legacy, which means you can place otherwise bind on pickup mods in them and send to an alt. Realistically, this is mostly useful for idiots like me who have multiple of the same class, so I can share one set of armor for all of them. I've got a couple sorcs that I like to PvP on, so I have an augmented and optimized set of PvP gear that I keep in my legacy vault and rotate. :)

Note that you also get those suits on every character you make, so if you need one, you can make a new character (server slots permitting), get the pilot suits and send them over.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Dunno-Lars posted:

Note that you also get those suits on every character you make, so if you need one, you can make a new character (server slots permitting), get the pilot suits and send them over.

Yeah, I really should throw a bunch of mine away. Back when they were the only "easy" legacy gear to get I was using a bunch of them (I got all 4 for being beta/early adopter), but now that there's a ton of Bind to Legacy gear I switched to different outfits to make it easier to distinguish. Which reminds me, I would LOVE to see KOTET fix the "You don't see set bonus in gear not equipped unless you change zones". Would make organizing legacy storage so much easier.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Wow, TIL that there is a vendor on Belsavis who still sells Campaign chest pieces for 75 common crystals, so if there's one of those pieces you like the look of you can grab it.

Sadly most of them are terrible, I do kind of like the Sorc completely pointless hook on shoulder look. Though now that I think about it, they're all available randomly from the alliance crates as Remnant Dreadguard gear anyway.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

For how much Legacy gear I have, I wish they'd have a special storage for it or be able to toss it all into Collections just to let us free up more storage space.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

M_Sinistrari posted:

For how much Legacy gear I have, I wish they'd have a special storage for it or be able to toss it all into Collections just to let us free up more storage space.
I'd be happy enough if you could just assemble storage crates of two or more armour pieces from the same set when you're not using them.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

M_Sinistrari posted:

I've spent hours going through the stuff you get from KOTFE crates, de-duping and vendoring extra stuff, and it takes up way too much time and effort. Those really should have gone into collections.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

prefect posted:

I've spent hours going through the stuff you get from KOTFE crates, de-duping and vendoring extra stuff, and it takes up way too much time and effort. Those really should have gone into collections.

The coin flip is if it went in collections it wouldn't be bind to legacy. Which i guess isn't a big deal if you just want to use them for outfit designer. Of course you'd still need the full set for collections.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Medullah posted:

Dunno-Lars posted:

Alright cool, thanks for the info. I'll probably just trash the red one for now then.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Oh hey so I have like 1400 cartel moneys now and I've unlocked all of the quick travel options I need. What's my best bet for turning that into sweet space money to spend on hats?

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.

Twelve Elves posted:

Oh hey so I have like 1400 cartel moneys now and I've unlocked all of the quick travel options I need. What's my best bet for turning that into sweet space money to spend on hats?

Hypercrates?

Also people aren't kidding about the EXP, I leveled two characters from 1 to 50 on Saturday. As in, the whole way :psyduck:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Can't link it since I'm at work, but they just announced -

Warzone comms and crystals being converted to credits with 5.0

Warzone grants becoming bind on pickup tomorrow

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Medullah posted:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9092876#edit9092876

quote:

Hey folks,

I wanted to give you a heads up on a change included with Game Update 4.7.3 on Tuesday. As we discussed last week, we are making changes to how gearing works in our upcoming expansion, Knights of the Eternal Throne. In support of our new Galactic Command system, we will be removing Warzone Commendations from the game on November 29th when Knights of the Eternal Throne Early Access opens. As a result, any new Warzone Commendation Grants will become bound and will Bind on Pickup starting on Tuesday, with Game Update 4.7.3.

If you have a desire to move Warzone Commendations around or have a stockpile of Warzone Commendation Grants, please ensure they are on the character you want them to be on before Tuesday’s maintenance. Please note, Customer Service will not be able to assist with any Warzone Commendation grants after Tuesday.

It is our intent that Warzone Commendations will convert to credits (as will Crystals) with Eternal Throne’s launch. We are still working out the conversion rates and I am hopeful that I will have that information for you later next week. To reiterate, in preparation for Knights of the Eternal Throne all Warzone Commendation Grants will become bind on pickup as of Game Update 4.7.3 on Tuesday.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Medullah posted:

Dammit. I was planning to buy a set of the 204 PVP gear for my JK, because it looks so good. Could be a long night tonight.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
So what's happening to the mounts and pets etc you can only buy with WZ comms?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

So what's happening to the mounts and pets etc you can only buy with WZ comms?

Apparently all decorations, cosmetic stuff that was previously available for comms or crystals is becoming for sale with credits. Which is pretty cool.

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.
https://twitter.com/SWTOR/status/790608783911231488

Apparently, DvL is ending on Nov 15th.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DvL is the 29th, the literal Dark vs. Light that determines which companion it is is the 15th.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Everybody remember to always choose the LS options so we get the cool companion.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Yeah, its not even really a close call.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

prefect posted:

Everybody remember to always choose the LS options so we get the cool companion.

*kicks a puppy*

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Berke Negri posted:

Yeah, its not even really a close call.

Early on Dark Side was ahead which was probably everyone knocking out the DS5 part of the Legendary level of the event, but after that Light Side's been steadily ahead. SWTOR forums were funny with those who kept choosing DS for all thier toons getting mad at the likelihood no matter how many DS choices they took, they'd still be getting the Chiss Jedi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

So apparently Bioware is listening to feedback and the PvP exclusive mounts and items that used to cost comms now will require a valor level which means they'll still be somewhat exclusive, depending on the valor level.

• Locked thread