Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Dr. Dos posted:

How many submitted runs would be rejected with "people jerk off to these characters" if that was a valid reason to reject a submission.

It's probably 90% of them

well, it took some effort, but I think I can get pac-man world removed from agdq

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

well, it took some effort, but I think I can get pac-man world removed from agdq

I've seen some pretty hosed up BDSM videos that I think can be used to get the fly swatter minigame from Mario Paint removed.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I'm just hyped about the finale not being yet another 4 hour JRPG run more than anything.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
I've seen someone making sidelong "gently caress me" eyes at the pong paddle. Ban this sick filth.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

I'm pretty sure MGS2 bans itself.

Edit: I was about to say Catachumen is still in, but that would 100% be a lie.

Floodkiller fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Oct 24, 2016

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

The Rokstar posted:

I'm just hyped about the finale not being yet another 4 hour JRPG run more than anything.

Mario RPG was really good at sgdq in this poster's opinion

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Mario RPG was great and lackattack is a cool dude. Timing ending at "THE END" after the credits felt pretty good.

It'll be hard to top as a finale even though there was a mario 64 race after.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Boogalo posted:

Mario RPG was great and lackattack is a cool dude. Timing ending at "THE END" after the credits felt pretty good.

It'll be hard to top as a finale even though there was a mario 64 race after.

undertale true pacifist end is probably one of the most poignant endings of a game ever, I think itll beat smrpg

e: second only to rocky and bullwinkle

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

tiistai posted:

Why not click the link and find out from the replies
It was the worst of all possible worlds.

To save everyone else the effort: this dude is joking but he copied it verbatim from a tumblr post and implies it may not have been a joke there

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Studio posted:

I'm honestly surprised that I've never seen the hot internet take "wanting to gently caress video game characters is good"

just lmao if you don't have a VR headset hooked up to a fleshlight to simulate having sex with femshep

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

HILLARY CURES DEPLORABLES posted:

just lmao if you don't have a VR headset hooked up to a fleshlight to simulate having sex with femshep

Is that actually possible in this day and age or are ya just yanking my chain.

Sit on my Jace
Sep 9, 2016

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I'm gonna out myself as a filthy casual here:

I honestly cannot tell if this tweet is a joke, half a joke, or entirely serious.

This specific indecent may or may not have actually happened, but it's well within the realm of the kind of things that happen at nerd conventions.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

TeaJay posted:

i honestly have no clue

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

TeaJay posted:

I'm sure there is some software that does all of that minus the femshep. So hopefully the mod for that will show up in the Awful Game Mods thread soon enough.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Anil Dasharez0ne posted:

This specific indecent may or may not have actually happened, but it's well within the realm of the kind of things that happen at nerd conventions.
I love your typo. And your avatar.

But yeah, that's why I was confused!

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
I still haven't played undertale

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Okay.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

heeheex2 posted:

I still haven't played undertale

you should

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.
Somebody figure out who made this so I can yell at them for not putting me on it what the gently caress:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5909500/fullcredits?ref_=tt_cl_sm#cast

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

UraniumAnchor posted:

Somebody figure out who made this so I can yell at them for not putting me on it what the gently caress:

How about the fact that ControllerHead got top billing and you didn't :laugh:

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Or the fact that there's no peaches_ or PJ (but MechaRichter and Romscout!).

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

UraniumAnchor posted:

there's a link in the upper right that says edit, be the change you want to see

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
whoever did it didn't even set up each year as it's own episode yet what a half assed job being a total loving weirdo

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
You idiots! This person obviously ignored and skipped a lot of names to get a better PB

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
"Animcowzerz is an actor, known for Awesome Games Done Quick (2011)."

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
I got bored so I shot a tutorial explaining how to speedrun the Bad+ Ending in Silent Hill. It's a thing, I dunno. I post it here because it might be of interest to some, maybe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7ysyrx2Dfw

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Incoming zoast 100% WR

e: New WR 1:15:29 (-15.9), 44 minute in game timer
e2: might be a 27 since he was slow on the keyboard

Phone fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Oct 26, 2016

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Beat the UFO Ending world record by one second. Hot streak with this game oh baby

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Phone posted:

Incoming zoast 100% WR

e: New WR 1:15:29 (-15.9), 44 minute in game timer
e2: might be a 27 since he was slow on the keyboard

How do you shave off SIXTEEN SECONDS!?

Like, after item fanfares, that's getting close to what any% times were a few years back.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
He couldn't clip through the Mother Brain chamber and almost died before Baby saves you. Right before Ridley until the Golden Statue, he was like "oh shi-" at every screen transition because he wasn't sure if he was going to come out the other side OK. At Golden Statue, he got up and was like "oh poo poo oh poo poo oh poo poo" because of that insane gold split.

Phantoon is a fickle beast and has been giving him slow-slow cycles 25% of the time.

Phone fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Oct 26, 2016

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
PJ streaming 'Mohawk and Headphone Jack'

http://www.speedrunslive.com/#!/pjdicesare

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

Best of NES marathon is back this weekend. http://thebestofnes.com

Starts at noon with battletoads

Schedule: https://horaro.org/bones2016/schedule

Boogalo fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Oct 28, 2016

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Boogalo posted:

Best of NES marathon is back this weekend. http://thebestofnes.com

Starts at noon with battletoads

Schedule: https://horaro.org/bones2016/schedule

heck yes, gonna atch this when I get home

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Sorta related to this thread, since the Livestreamer plugin for Chrome doesn't work for me anymore. Made life so much easier putting GDQ's in VLC with a few clicks so I hope an alternate solution is found or they update it.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

TeaJay posted:

Sorta related to this thread, since the Livestreamer plugin for Chrome doesn't work for me anymore. Made life so much easier putting GDQ's in VLC with a few clicks so I hope an alternate solution is found or they update it.
If you're just watching a single channel live the command line is never going to change. Just make a shortcut to "livestreamer twitch.tv/gamesdonequick best" or whatever

http://docs.livestreamer.io/

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

TeaJay posted:

It's because twitch changed their API to require an oauth token to get anything (or at least streams) from it. Not sure if the plugin has a spot for that or not, but the command line version does.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

TeaJay posted:

You could use Livestreamer Twitch GUI instead. It's pretty good.

Personally I've just been using the Twitch website after getting access to the HTML5 player beta.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Peewi posted:

You could use Livestreamer Twitch GUI instead. It's pretty good.

Personally I've just been using the Twitch website after getting access to the HTML5 player beta.

The file I downloaded there had no exes I could run and even the readme file was in .MD format I can't open. I'm gonna need some kind of for dummies -version.

Why do you think I liked the chrome plugin so much? Ease of use, 10/10.

CrashCat posted:

If you're just watching a single channel live the command line is never going to change. Just make a shortcut to "livestreamer twitch.tv/gamesdonequick best" or whatever

I tried the command line method too (obviously on a stream that's on now) but all I got was an error about access_token.json (400 client error :bad request)

e: okay, after this little window into my technical prowess, I think I got the Livestreamer GUI working. Although it doesn't show my anything in channel subscriptions, I can at least find the streams I follow under "channels".

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Oct 30, 2016

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.
Get the windows installer from here: http://docs.livestreamer.io/install.html#windows-binaries
Open up notepad and enter

quote:

livestreamer --twitch-oauth-token [token] [stream address] best
You can get the token from here but you do need a twitch account
Then save the file as livestreamer.bat or whatever as long as it's a batch file

e: Oh didn't see you got the GUI working. I'll leave this for anyone who needs it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

TeaJay posted:

The file I downloaded there had no exes I could run and even the readme file was in .MD format I can't open.

Just for future reference .MD files are basically plain text, so you can open them with Notepad or whatever.

• Locked thread