Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Semisponge posted:

well, the bright side is the more they turn on each other, federal property remains unmolested

But did you see what that taxpayer owned land was wearing, dude?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

WrenP-Complete posted:

For those who don't know, that's from Fred Meyers, the approximate equivalent to Kroger in the PacNW.

Disclaimer: Does not stop Federale bullets

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Not guilty :(

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

What?

It's goddamn Sunday, they're not even deliberating today.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
There’s approximately 0% of “not guilty”.

This could end in a guilty verdict, or a hung jury, but NG isn’t credible. Not on all charges.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Ignore him. Jury deliberations aren't continuing until today.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

They guilty yet?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Bilirubin posted:

They guilty yet?

Guilty as hell, but I think you meant to ask a pedantically-different question :cheeky:

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Bilirubin posted:

They guilty yet?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
the bundys are idiots

Capntastic
Jan 13, 2005

A dog begins eating a dusty old coil of rope but there's a nail in it.

HILLARY CURES DEPLORABLES posted:

the bundys are idiots

Ehhh, no Peg

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Hanging's too good for 'em!

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

WrenP-Complete posted:

I don't know what a superstore/hypermart is.

Hypermarket Cesky Sen

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
https://twitter.com/maxoregonian/status/790639739086909440

quote:

I think this is the way the Queen and her subjects are keeping their slaves (the producers of our gross national products) in line.

Discendo Vox has issued a correction as of 22:10 on Oct 24, 2016

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

quote:

Judge Anna J. Brown showed here bias by gutting my defense!

1) Out of the twenty-one witnesses, she struck nineteen witnesses!

Judge Brown acted Like a Frustrated Inpatient Child!

I've never read one these before, I assume the exclamation points every second line and random capitalization are traditional.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
I'm the frustrated inpatient child.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Inpatient child? Is the trial in a childrens hospital?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1pceheVV790

MariusLecter has issued a correction as of 22:01 on Oct 24, 2016

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

TotalLossBrain posted:

I'm the frustrated inpatient child.

You must be v sick.

How long was this trial? I couldn't imagine sitting through the unending eye rollingness of the defense.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
The judge disagreed with me legally is grounds for appeal (losing in this case) not a new lawyer.
The law has a well known statist bias though.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

I think this is the way the Queen and her subjects are keeping their slaves (the producers of our gross national products) in line.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

I love how she pointed out that her defense was so stupid the judge would Picard face palm about it.

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

I feel bad for the judge.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Voice was agitated and sharp.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

OBJECTION/SUSTANINED-OBJECTION/SUSTANINED-OBJECTION/SUSTAINED

4. Regarding the witnesses I was able to call, she allowed the Government Prosecution to harass the witnesses, by making so many objections it was obnoxious.
5. Almost all the objections were sustained, without her even asking what the objection was.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

hahaha

I am happy I missed the poo poo show. It must have been a model for how legal procedure is not to be done.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
https://twitter.com/maxoregonian/status/790667102856155137

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

I hope they get a public nuscance fine for horse poo poo.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Burt Sexual posted:

I hope they get a public nuscance fine for horse poo poo.

Are you referring to the horse in that picture, or Shawna's latest filing? I'd agree with both, by the way.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Mors Rattus posted:

OBJECTION/SUSTANINED-OBJECTION/SUSTANINED-OBJECTION/SUSTAINED

4. Regarding the witnesses I was able to call, she allowed the Government Prosecution to harass the witnesses, by making so many objections it was obnoxious.
5. Almost all the objections were sustained, without her even asking what the objection was.

It's almost like the prosecutor and the judge both know the rules of civil procedure well enough to foresee what the objection will be...

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

TheMadMilkman posted:

It's almost like the prosecutor and the judge both know the rules of civil procedure well enough to foresee what the objection will be...

Objection - That's criminal procedure!

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Objection - That's criminal procedure!

If you don't stop and explain every objection it's not fair to me and my other idiot friends!

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Where are those "LaVoy begged to die" people?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

https://twitter.com/maxoregonian/status/790669657858379776

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

ate all the Oreos posted:

If you don't stop and explain every objection it's not fair to me and my other idiot friends!

Back when I was a lowly first year law student (I no longer practice), I attended the final moot court competition with my dad, who is a practicing attorney. Even though he moved in house years ago and no longer appears in court, it was a very eye-opening experience.

While we listened to the students make their arguments, my dad would whisper the objections they were missing, what responses they weren't catching, and in general made them come across as morons.

To be fair, they were just students, and still learning. But it got the point across that knowing and understanding procedure and evidence rules is absolutely key to winning in court. It's also one of the chief reasons that pro se cases typically lose.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/conradjwilson/status/790678119510179840

https://twitter.com/conradjwilson/status/790677574070308865

https://twitter.com/conradjwilson/status/790677264463564801

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

wearing american flag poo poo is desecration

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Elephant Ambush posted:

Where are those "LaVoy begged to die" people?

Maybe they have jobs they have to be at during business hours on a Monday?

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

WrenP-Complete posted:

...is she a LaRouchie?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Maybe we'll get the verdict tomorrow. That would be nice.