Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Gandhi, Gandhi never changes.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Bf1 was kind of meh. Kind of like Battlefront, fun for a couple hours but that's it. Too many snipers also (what else is new) Just redbox it IMO. I already returned it

Would of been nice if they had more modes. Maybe a vehicle only one or air battles etc. Maybe they're adding that

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Oct 24, 2016

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

Pesticide20 posted:

The shotguns are a lot of fun once you figure out how to use them. So are mortars.

What's the trick with shotguns? I only played the beta but the times I did 95 out of 100 damage with a shotgun were way too loving frequent.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
GET HARD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7l-AC0CB7LM

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

My body is ready. Time to kick some rear end as Emily.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Capn Beeb posted:

What's the trick with shotguns? I only played the beta but the times I did 95 out of 100 damage with a shotgun were way too loving frequent.

They're closer to actual shotguns than most games have, so the spread isn't stupid like in some games. They also have a stat in the customize screen that shows the damage fall-off for each shotgun, which is a nice thing to have.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Titanfall 2 live action trailer owns too
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyyA4JuyrnY

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Vasudus posted:

guys civ6 isn't ringing my bell

i dont like the ui at all

The UI is awful. It's filled to the brim with useless information and it's drat near impossible to find out things that actually matter. Reading the map is a serious strain on my eyes. The new fog of war is really obnoxious. Telling the difference between flat and hilly terrain is way too hard. There's far too much busy clicking required to do extremely simple things, like managing your citizens.

Civ 6 is bad.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Fister Roboto posted:

The UI is awful. It's filled to the brim with useless information and it's drat near impossible to find out things that actually matter. Reading the map is a serious strain on my eyes. The new fog of war is really obnoxious. Telling the difference between flat and hilly terrain is way too hard. There's far too much busy clicking required to do extremely simple things, like managing your citizens.

Civ 6 is bad.

i like listening to sean bean at least

it took me ages to find the xp counter for units too
it does seem like they've dropped the ball on a few things. i paid loving launch price for it though so i'm gonna stick with it a while longer

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Sean Bean is good but the quotes he reads are terrible, as if someone googled "famous quotes about x" with an emphasis on Winston Churchill and Mark Twain.

Also there's this

It makes me want to hurt people.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

:circlefap::circlefap:18 DAYS MOTHERFUCKERS!:circlefap::circlefap:

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

has anyone here had a problem with witcher 3 not launching? I just bought it and it wont load or anything.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003

Reverand maynard posted:

has anyone here had a problem with witcher 3 not launching? I just bought it and it wont load or anything.

Go to the game folder, find vcredist.exe and run it. Select repair.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
You like space games?

Fracture space finally got out of early access and redid the UI. The playerbase has gone way up as well because of the release.

I just played a few rounds and despite being a moba without npcs, it is still an ok game.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/310380/

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

Also there's this

It makes me want to hurt people.

What the gently caress is this stupid poo poo

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Me in BF1

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Snipers are a big annoyance, especially when they're all in single man locked squads on your team. I don't think they're unbalanced, though, since they invariably occupy the bottom of the scoreboard.

I'm a broken record at this point but I wish an FPS developer would just have the balls not to include any scoped weapons in their games. The kind of play they encourage is not fun for the majority.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I think snipers would work best as being a limited class available on each map.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Buca di Bepis posted:

Snipers are a big annoyance, especially when they're all in single man locked squads on your team. I don't think they're unbalanced, though, since they invariably occupy the bottom of the scoreboard.

I'm a broken record at this point but I wish an FPS developer would just have the balls not to include any scoped weapons in their games. The kind of play they encourage is not fun for the majority.

I like the DMR in halo reach possibly because it's a four shot weapon which actually gives you a hope against it

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

Reverand maynard posted:

Do you have any mods? Might be a script error if so, give this a shot:

http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/484/

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

This is my poo poo

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

holocaust bloopers posted:

I think snipers would work best as being a limited class available on each map.

1 per squad, or x% of a team.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Civ 6 thoughts: I restarted as England with some understanding of mechanics under my belt.

Ask me about making more gold than I know what to do with each turn and clowning on 3 civs because they decided to declare war on me just as I entered the industrial age :getin:

Let's just say Redcoats and light cannon make short work of Hoplites.

Nostalgia4Infinity fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Oct 25, 2016

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYg1N1h1i4M

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Fister Roboto posted:

Civ 6 is bad.

Yeah, I'm annoyed at how it turned out. What annoys me more is most of the reviews are just fawning praise on it without any real criticism (surprise, I know). Though some of the Steam reviews seem to be on point about it.

I can see why it's enjoyable for some people, but I'm going back to Civ V till some patches hit or the first expansion. The UI is garbage and so is the fog of war.

Also, I got a work bonus and now I'm debating buying the BF1 season pass, cause I played a poo poo ton of that this weekend and I'm genuinely surprised how good it was on release compared to :dice:'s other releases.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
I remember Civ V being pretty rough on first release too, and the less said about pre-expansion Civ IV the better.

Pretty par for the course. Probably still going to be a loving amazing game that eats all my time once they get it some tweaks.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

So spent a good amount of time last night playing a game which is pretty much mount and blade command mode in a world of tanks game mixed with a loving horrible china UI.

It is really fun if you can get over the UI and translations.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/534500

bengy81
May 8, 2010
I had some steam cash burning a hole in my pocket, so I bought My Summer Car, and holy poo poo, that is a game everybody should play.

It's kind of like if surgeon simulator, Goat simulator and those janky German job sims had a gangbang.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

A friend of mine has died to a fly and lack of food in my summer car so far.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Third World Reggin posted:

A friend of mine has died to a fly and lack of food in my summer car so far.

You can punch out your windshield while driving, also I crashed into a tree and died. It took me about 15 minutes to figure out how to turn on the car and drive. Hoping today I can make it to the store to buy beer and sausages!

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Redeye Flight posted:

I remember Civ V being pretty rough on first release too, and the less said about pre-expansion Civ IV the better.

Pretty par for the course. Probably still going to be a loving amazing game that eats all my time once they get it some tweaks.

I'm weird though. Despite V and IV's issues at release, I loved both and poured in a ton of hours despite their faults before they were fixed and received really good expansions. The expansions for both made them all the more better. Hell, I even got like 60 hours of enjoyment out of Beyond Earth.

With this, I'm not getting that "ok, one more turn" feeling at all. I really hope it gets better with tweaks and what not, but so far I'm not impressed.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

my punishment for having been in the navy

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Handsome Ralph posted:

With this, I'm not getting that "ok, one more turn" feeling at all. I really hope it gets better with tweaks and what not, but so far I'm not impressed.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

"Don't buy Civ games at release" continues to hold true despite people insisting that it was totally going to be different this time

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Buca di Bepis posted:

"Don't buy Civ games at release" continues to hold true despite people insisting that it was totally going to be different this time

All games, really. The only ones that seem to be good on day 1 are MLB, major racing titles and oddly enough, the Borderlands games

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
poo poo not even with racing sims. Many of those games don't take shape till 6 months down the road.

Pretty much any game benefits from waiting a few month for significant patching.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

poo poo not even with racing sims. Many of those games don't take shape till 6 months down the road.

Pretty much any game benefits from waiting a few month for significant patching.

poo poo how long until Driveclub was really good? I think it was long enough that we had both stopped playing it.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Driveclub took about 8 months for it to all come together.

As it is, Driveclub is very excellent car game. I still play it to this day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

In my defense the only racing games Ive played in the last 8 years have been Gran Turismos, early Forze and Mario Kart

• Locked thread