Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I wonder if Bulmas time machine could go back far enough to save the universes Zeno destroyed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Carlosologist posted:

I find it interesting that Black and Zamasu said they killed all the gods. does that mean they got to Zeno too? I doubt it, but it's a possibility. I want Whis to just pop back into existence if they decide to promote Trunks to God of Destruction.

I want trunks to get a new different Whis, like with a Mohawk or something

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Have Mai become the destroyer instead, blowing up planets by sniping them with super bullets.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST

Kurui Reiten posted:

Have Mai become the destroyer instead, blowing up planets by sniping them with super bullets.

Bulma should engineer a way to put God Ki into bullets. She could have Vegeta power up to maximum, then siphon off his energy and channel it into some rounds. Then, Mai could headshot the Gods, and would become the ultimate sniper... who misses.

Jedah fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Oct 24, 2016

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Through a fluke Future Yajirobe will become Future Universe 7's Future God of Destruction.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

This bullet thing reminds me of klk when they had the life fibre bullet that showed up for one episode and was never used. Fans speculated about that drat bullet for the rest of the show.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

That was a fun episode, reminded me of piccolo's fight against the androids/cell, what with all the hopping about and cool attack vectors.

I watched it via crunchyroll on a VPN, but I am paying do don't feel to bad. Something weird did happen though. When I tried to cast to my Chromecast it wouldn't stream. Is that due to my VPN?

#teambulmaandson

snickothemule
Jul 11, 2016

wretched single ply might as well use my socks
Awesome episode. The only thing I thought was missing was Goku spinning out after the time travel. A super stong punch mans getting dizzy tickles my funny bone.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

notaspy posted:

That was a fun episode, reminded me of piccolo's fight against the androids/cell, what with all the hopping about and cool attack vectors.

I watched it via crunchyroll on a VPN, but I am paying do don't feel to bad. Something weird did happen though. When I tried to cast to my Chromecast it wouldn't stream. Is that due to my VPN?

#teambulmaandson

Chrome cast makes a connection itself so it wouldn't be on your vpn unless it was done at the router, so yeah, that is why.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Chrome cast makes a connection itself so it wouldn't be on your vpn unless it was done at the router, so yeah, that is why.

Did you ever get that trophy in Xenoverse? To send gifts we have to encounter each other at some point so if you want to do a quick fight I'll be able to send you something.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

Pureauthor posted:

I really think Zamasu and Goku Black are among the best villains the Dragon Ball franchise have produced so far.

I would agree but that would leave out Vegeta and Beerus who coincidentally became the best characters on the show period

Seriously, I dunno what it is about DBZ but they do the "reformed villains" thing a lot better than most shows

That said, this arc is really loving good and also a lot longer than I thought it would be

Axel Serenity fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Oct 25, 2016

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Squallege posted:

Did you ever get that trophy in Xenoverse? To send gifts we have to encounter each other at some point so if you want to do a quick fight I'll be able to send you something.

Thanks for helping me out with this tonight bud! Just got set up for Xv2 arriving tomorrow. Went in on the Collectors Edition as the MSP Statue retails for approx $100 anyway.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Axel Serenity posted:

I would agree but that would leave out Vegeta and Beerus who coincidentally became the best characters on the show period

Seriously, I dunno what it is about DBZ but they do the "reformed villains" thing a lot better than most shows

Beerus isn't exactly "reformed", he's just their buddy. I assume when off screen he is still busy murdering entire civilizations that annoy him slightly.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Axel Serenity posted:

Jesus goons have some terrible opinions. What show are you watching?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

sassassin posted:

seriously how are you gonna bring up "reformed villains" and not bring up Hercule our lord and savior

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

sassassin posted:

Yeah, they forgot Piccolo

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

sassassin posted:

I can't speak for other people, but I think Vegeta and Beerus are both great.

Vegeta's character has evolved a ton since he was introduced. Way back when, Vegeta was serial killer who even murdered his own partner. Now he's the coolest papa in town, and his family is literally working together to save humanity. How's that for a character arc?

And Beerus is excellent, too. He's this no-fucks-given cat god who can beat Goku and evaporate naughty gods with a simple gesture. Plus, every Beerus comes bundled with a Whis, and the two of them have very good chemistry together.

Am I missing something? What are you so critical about?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Vegeta, Beerus, Zamasu and Black Goku (OTP) are cool as he*k and almost as cool as Gowasu and still pretty far behind Mr. Satan but there's no shame in this.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Beerus needed to have an evil (or at least jerkass) brohug with Whis and it is a shame they missed the opportunity so far.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

CharlestonJew posted:

seriously how are you gonna bring up "reformed villains" and not bring up Hercule our lord and savior

Hercule isn't a villain, he's the strongest fighter in the galaxy. He has a right to be cocky. That punk Cell just got lucky is all. drat those stomach cramps..

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

New Leaf posted:

That punk Cell just got lucky is all. drat those stomach cramps..

What are you talking about? Don't believe the anti-Satan propaganda. Haven't you seen the footage? Satan kicked him into a cliff and then Cell exploded. Listening to filthy Saiyans is bad for you.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Jedah posted:

I can't speak for other people, but I think Vegeta and Beerus are both great.

Vegeta's character has evolved a ton since he was introduced. Way back when, Vegeta was serial killer who even murdered his own partner. Now he's the coolest papa in town, and his family is literally working together to save humanity. How's that for a character arc?

And Beerus is excellent, too. He's this no-fucks-given cat god who can beat Goku and evaporate naughty gods with a simple gesture. Plus, every Beerus comes bundled with a Whis, and the two of them have very good chemistry together.

Your "no-fucks-given" cat god spends half his time panicking about how powerful Goku has become. Do you watch the show? He's a boring bystander who contributes nothing to the actual narrative (the last time he did something it... didn't work, which was obvious to everyone before he even did it), just loafing around while everyone bizarrely ignores how despicable he is. He's also central to the grotesque food-fetish thing the show has going on.

Vegeta deserves every bad thing that happens to him, and more. He's a bad dad and a bad person.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Vegeta is a pretty good dad, considering the low bar set by Dragonball.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Jedah posted:

He's spent the entirety of the show talking about how Beerus is clearly super-weak and is increasingly angry people don't agree for some reason, as well as posting about how stupid everything is. It's either a weird extended troll or indistinguishable from one.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

sassassin posted:

Vegeta deserves every bad thing that happens to him, and more. He's a bad dad and a bad person.
I dunno man, the proof is in the pudding. Trunks admires Papa Vegeta so much that he uses all of his dad's signature special moves. It brought joy to my heart to watch Trunks use Galick Gun and Final Flash.

And remember that time Vegeta self-destructed, in an attempt to save his family from Majin Buu? That's some quality dad behavior.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Jedah posted:

I dunno man, the proof is in the pudding. Trunks admires Papa Vegeta so much that he uses all of his dad's signature special moves. It brought joy to my heart to watch Trunks use Galick Gun and Final Flash.

And remember that time Vegeta self-destructed, in an attempt to save his family from Majin Buu? That's some quality dad behavior.

He blew himself up out of shame because Goku couldn't be bothered to fight him at full power. He's all ego and bluster and that's pathetic.

Trunks admires Vegeta because he doesn't know him. If he did he might avoid using moves that never work.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

sassassin posted:

Trunks admires Vegeta because he doesn't know him. If he did he might avoid using moves that never work.

You say that as though there are any moves with a winning track record in this show

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Spiritus Nox posted:

You say that as though there are any moves with a winning track record in this show

Solar Flare is like 99% success rate

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Solar Flare is like 99% success rate

Yeah, for running away like a coward :colbert:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The most successful move is to yell very loudly and throw a bunch of every blasts at an unmoving foe until they are obscured by the dust clouds. That ALWAYS works.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I still kind of think it's bullshit that everyone ignores that Vegeta has literally murdered billions, if not trillions of sentient lifeforms, as recently as a couple of years ago.

Yes, Beerus does that too, but you can't hold a grudge against an earthquake or a hurricane for killing people.

All of the reformed villains probably have zero to single digit kills, except Vegeta. Yamcha, Tenshinhan and Chiaotzu, Piccolo (Jr.)...I honestly can't think of a single time any of them killed anyone but villains, except in Piccolo's case where he killed Raditz and Goku in self-defense. But let's all ignore the hundreds of planets full of life Vegeta has wiped out.

But it's okay, because he's the cool, proud rival and now he's on the good guy's side.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Reinanigans posted:

I still kind of think it's bullshit that everyone ignores that Vegeta has literally murdered billions, if not trillions of sentient lifeforms, as recently as a couple of years ago.

Yes, Beerus does that too, but you can't hold a grudge against an earthquake or a hurricane for killing people.

All of the reformed villains probably have zero to single digit kills, except Vegeta. Yamcha, Tenshinhan and Chiaotzu, Piccolo (Jr.)...I honestly can't think of a single time any of them killed anyone but villains, except in Piccolo's case where he killed Raditz and Goku in self-defense. But let's all ignore the hundreds of planets full of life Vegeta has wiped out.

But it's okay, because he's the cool, proud rival and now he's on the good guy's side.

With Vegeta it's weird in that the guy has literally genuinely reformed to the point he's given up his pride and his life to protect people. (Even if most of the time it is to protect his family.) What do you do with that? I mean by all rights the guy is one of the worst people to ever exist but where do you go from there?

Edit: Hell, what can you even do to Vegeta? Good luck locking him up and his wife is the one person in the world who can assure a 100% successful find rate for the Dragonballs and pretty clearly doesn't give a poo poo so you can't really execute him either.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Oct 25, 2016

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

To be fair, Vegeta hasn't done any unnecessary murderin' since the last time he died.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Toriyama had no intention of keeping him around, but fans liked him, and wanted him to stay, so he decided to have him shack up with Bulma, and here we are.

It's one case where I wish Toriyama had stuck to his guns, unlike creating 17 and 18, and then the various forms of Cell.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Reinanigans posted:

Earthquakes aren't purposefully vindictive, ending people's lives for not feeding them properly.

Vegeta's not even remorseful, he's just been emasculated to the point where he can't do that stuff any more. I don't know quite when "kill Goku" became "defeat Goku and be the strongest" but his goal was still the former way into the Android saga.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Keep in mind too that he murdered all those people because that's what Saiyans did. Bardock did it, too.

Vegeta is still prideful of his heritage but doesn't kill innocent people anymore. After his sacrifice I think he's become a good person. He's using his literally second shot at life very well.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

Reinanigans posted:

Let's turn lemons into lemonade: Vegeta was just training for his position as the next God of Destruction. Goku could be his angel-counterpart, a doofus who cannot figure out how to use GodTube.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Reinanigans posted:

Toriyama had no intention of keeping him around, but fans liked him, and wanted him to stay, so he decided to have him shack up with Bulma, and here we are.

It's one case where I wish Toriyama had stuck to his guns, unlike creating 17 and 18, and then the various forms of Cell.

Fucker are you saying we shouldn't have Vegeta you trippin

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Agoat posted:

Keep in mind too that he murdered all those people because that's what Saiyans did. Bardock did it, too.

Vegeta is still prideful of his heritage but doesn't kill innocent people anymore. After his sacrifice I think he's become a good person. He's using his literally second shot at life very well.

Third.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Honestly I wanted Frieza to heel-turn at the end of Revival of F.

The mental gymnastics to justify it would be immense but Frieza as a regular would be phenomenal.

• Locked thread