Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

java
May 7, 2005

Speaking of SQ-1s, I'm selling mine in the gear trade thread if anyone's interested: right here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

someone talk me out of buying an analog heat.

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

magiccarpet posted:

No.

:colbert:

WorldWarWonderful
Jul 15, 2004
Eh?

magiccarpet posted:

I want it for a tape-less and VST-less way to get tape saturation but at a pinch over a thousand dollars CDN it's difficult to justifty.

If it had other effects and routing capabilities I'd be in, but all I want is tape saturation and I don't play live, so it's easy to write what I want and toss it into Ableton for the final mix.

It's still cheaper than a Rupert Neve offering.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

magiccarpet posted:

recording effects to tape??? what if you want to tweak a knob later? you'll be SOL. the humiliation....

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

come post with us, forever and ever and ever

magiccarpet posted:

Although it might be simple enough to avoid it this go around, Elektron seems to always have launch trubs.
I would already have a preorder in if the thing had something else. Even a simple monomachine-esque delay would make it a lot more fun. The closest thing I have to this is the biscuit and for the price I'd probably get another biscuit.

JamesKPolk
Apr 9, 2009

WorldWarWonderful posted:

I want it for a tape-less and VST-less way to get tape saturation but at a pinch over a thousand dollars CDN it's difficult to justifty.

If it had other effects and routing capabilities I'd be in, but all I want is tape saturation and I don't play live, so it's easy to write what I want and toss it into Ableton for the final mix.

It's still cheaper than a Rupert Neve offering.

Have you checked out Strymon's stuff in that area? I really like the Deco for exactly that (with bonus tape flanging) but I don't know enough to be picky about good-enough tape emulations.

Transistor Rhythm
Feb 16, 2011

If setting the Sustain Level in the ENV to around 7, you can obtain a howling sound.

Elektron are the company that least gets "warmth" in the entire sphere of gear makers. Them making an "analog warmth" device is like someone offering you an ice-cold BJ.

If you want tape nuttiness, go buy a cheap cassette deck with realtime off-tape monitoring. Use it as a send/return effect. You can do this for about $100.

Sexy Randal
Jul 26, 2006

woah
Hmmmmm.

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

Karp 2600 :retrogames:

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Upgrade to that golf metronome.

So Math
Jan 8, 2013

Ghostly Clothier
David Bowie themed arranger keyboard

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Startyde posted:

Karp 2600 :retrogames:

This is probably it since korg booked an ARP booth right next to their main booth at the upcoming trade show.

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

http://www.synthstrom.com/delugeorder.html

Anyone interested in this?

First piece of hardware from this company as far as I can tell. Price is steep ($835 USD shipped) if you pre-order and steeeeeeep ($1500+) if you order after November 25. You also have to wait until like April to get the drat thing.

Looks super powerful and deep. Love the sequencer aspects. Pretty meh about the synth aspects. Wish there were some review units out in the wild because that's a lot of cash to drop on spec hardware.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

that preorder discount is big enough to be suspicious.

So Math
Jan 8, 2013

Ghostly Clothier
I would wait to see how the first production line goes, and how much firmware support they do.

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

So soon after the fyrd sqr debacle, I'm all set. I do love new and exciting sequencers but it's not Social Entropy or dinsync asking for seed money, I can wait. Especially with this poo poo-

quote:

We didn't do a good job of recording the audio with these...
Come on man

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

it has a rush price

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Korg has contracted mono

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Was that their big announcement?

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
That, an ARP Odyssey app for iOS/Gadget and King Korg: Burger King edition.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
And in other news payday is here and I just ordered an 0-Coast :hellyeah:

So Math
Jan 8, 2013

Ghostly Clothier
Custom tuning sounds cool.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

So they more or less put one voice out of the Minilogue in a box? Neat idea, and probably pretty well affordable too. Still only a 16 step sequencer though. That has been really annoying me recently in the Mini.

Graff
May 10, 2012

Tayter Swift posted:

And in other news payday is here and I just ordered an 0-Coast :hellyeah:

I want one, but nowhere in the uk seems to have them in stock.

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

Public service announcement: if you have a Just Friends module be careful with the run jack. Apparently it's got the 12V rail to the switch in the jack to detect when there's a plug in. Some users have blown other modules up using it.

Korg, eh. I do like the look of it in blue but I need another monosynth like I need a hole in the head.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Startyde posted:

Korg, eh. I do like the look of it in blue but I need another monosynth like I need a hole in the head.

*starts playing Head Like A Hole bassline on his new Korg Mono*

SORRY I CAN'T HEAR YOU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

The Monologue looks enticing as something to replace my Microbrute with since it has more sounds possible but at the same time I kind of like the fact that the Microbrute can just be noisy and awful.

Sexy Randal
Jul 26, 2006

woah

net work error posted:

The Monologue looks enticing as something to replace my Microbrute with since it has more sounds possible but at the same time I kind of like the fact that the Microbrute can just be noisy and awful.

Same. I really like the sounds and design of the Microbrute but I'm starting to notice tuning problems (the saw drifts pretty noticeably now) and based on its reputation I fully expect it to take a poo poo and die within the next few years anyway. This seems like a more reliable substitute.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Tayter Swift posted:

Korg has contracted mono

As somebody who was on the cusp of picking up a new Microbrute, this looks super compelling for $299 MSRP.

At the same time, I wonder how much overlap this will have with the Minilogue- which is looking to be this year's holiday gift to myself.

net work error posted:

I think the correct answer is to have both and then get rid of one down the road if you decide it's superfluous.

Every time I do a 1-for-1 replacement on a piece of <$500 music gear I end up regretting some lost quality of the piece I got rid of (unless I'm replacing something broken/an unmitigated piece of crap).

JamesKPolk
Apr 9, 2009

Sexy Randal posted:

Same. I really like the sounds and design of the Microbrute but I'm starting to notice tuning problems (the saw drifts pretty noticeably now) and based on its reputation I fully expect it to take a poo poo and die within the next few years anyway. This seems like a more reliable substitute.

Very good chance you've tried but just in case... have you messed with the tuning pots on the back? I tend to forget they're there.

So Math
Jan 8, 2013

Ghostly Clothier
Circuit just got polyrhythms on its drum tracks. Granted, drums 1 & 2 have to have the same sequence length, as do 3 & 4, but it just got way easier to do 3/4, 7/8, and so on.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Tayter Swift posted:

Korg has contracted mono

I was hoping they would contract 2600 :smith:

And aside from getting the 0-coast and swapping some effects pedals this year will be really light for me.

Sexy Randal
Jul 26, 2006

woah

JamesKPolk posted:

Very good chance you've tried but just in case... have you messed with the tuning pots on the back? I tend to forget they're there.

Actually I'd completely forgotten about those too. I've never experimented with them before but I'll give it a go sometime. Thanks!

good jovi
Dec 11, 2000

'm pro-dickgirl, and I VOTE!

I broke down and bought a TB-03 this weekend. It doesn't fit very well with my usual strategy of "arrhythmic screeches and robot farts", but it is a lot of fun to play.

Startyde
Apr 19, 2007

Now we know why the Heat doesn't have a hi-z in.
https://www.elektron.se/products/analog-drive/

java
May 7, 2005

I'm GASing for an OP-1. Someone talk me down from this.

good jovi
Dec 11, 2000

'm pro-dickgirl, and I VOTE!

java posted:

No, they're totally rad and you should get one.

Transistor Rhythm
Feb 16, 2011

If setting the Sustain Level in the ENV to around 7, you can obtain a howling sound.

java posted:

One of the best purchases I've made!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

java
May 7, 2005

Y'all are killing me. (My wallet.)