Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Perkele!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

holy poo poo, it's like SecondLife for gearheads.

I should probably focus on my first gearhead life before starting a second :sigh:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

It's 14" simulator. :stare: :hf: :gonk:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Liquid Communism posted:

There's an achievement for drunkenly urinating in a public sauna.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

SOLD

"Wart of a dick".

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Can anyone ID this car?

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Liquid Communism posted:

It just needs to be parked on the street across from a coffee shop. While raining the entire time :v:

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 351 days!
it won't start and i don't know why

too real

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Crumpet Strumpet posted:

too real

I just went through my entire toolbox trying to figure out which wrench was the main bearing bolts only to find out it was the first wrench I tried.

I also smashed the living poo poo out of my rear end trying to put a bumper on.

How do you spray paint stuff?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Somebody's chocolate is in my peanut butter.

the bsd boys
Aug 8, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 351 days!
gotta grab a can, F to get it ready, and hold the spray onto one part until it pops in

Still haven't sorted my nonstart issue. I've got power and air, and it cranks, but won't even try to turn over. Fuel's not getting to the engine for some reason, I guess. So instead of worrying about that I had a couple shots of vodka and pissed all over town while mumbling about how I wasn't drunk

some_admin
Oct 11, 2011

Grimey Drawer
deleted, now that I know how this works, thanks guys. Next post will have words and pictures.

some_admin fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Oct 25, 2016

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

I spent like 20 minutes getting to town to buy a loving fan belt and then the cops chased me and I ran into a tree and died. I had that loving engine half done too.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

some_admin posted:

edit: why is [timg] not working for me? First time with images here.

You're linking the webpage, not the image itself.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

some_admin posted:

edit: why is [timg] not working for me? First time with images here.

your welcome

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Pham Nuwen posted:

I spent like 20 minutes getting to town to buy a loving fan belt and then the cops chased me and I ran into a tree and died. I had that loving engine half done too.

This took me a full minute to process.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Rhyno posted:

This took me a full minute to process.

It takes a really long time to walk or drive anywhere in this game.

And there's this police checkpoint... couldn't figure out how to get past it.

Ferremit
Sep 14, 2007
if I haven't posted about MY LANDCRUISER yet, check my bullbars for kangaroo prints

My cat has decided that my swag is now his swag.

Biggest, heaviest, most elaborate and expensive cat bed in the world.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Ferremit posted:

ARB - Biggest, heaviest, most elaborate and expensive

some_admin
Oct 11, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Babbies first real effort post: I got a problem with ICE man.
I helped design an Italian Ice Pedicab.
The guy knew there was a way to make this happen, but he didn't know how to model stuff, or really even what all sort of equipment he needed.
Initial conversation: "Man, I need to mount a 300lb cooler on a pedicab"
Subsequent conversation "I need running water to wash my hands with"
"Need potable and drain tanks"
"Need Hot water!"
"need an umbrella"
So I modeled it, faking his already-ordered pedicab, which I could not access to get any as built measurements. I modeled his cooler, sink, water tanks, heater, etc.
He had someone lined up to build it all for him, so I was happy just to do some cadd work.

He seemed eager and ambitious, but it also seemed a little overambitious. Whatever. He was happy and emailed me a month later to say the City had approved his license from my renderings.

Fast forward to 3rd week of August, I answer another ad on Nextdoor "my husband is having trouble with the pump on his food truck, any pump experts out there?)
It's my Italian Ice guy, with pump failure, a week after getting the pedicab delivered.
So the mechanical journey begins.
Visit number 1:
Pump is mounted 1 inch below top of potable water tank; has to suction air from line before pumping water.
All the plumbing is soft vinyl so of course it collapses when the pump applies suction.
I dummy up a strain relief to keep hose open, make note to buy semi rigid tube for hose suction side.
As I am looking at the pedicab, I see that one of the wheels is hitting the side of the platform, spacers are both mounted to the other wheel. I remove both wheels and put spacers in correct locations.
The pedicab LOOKS nice, but the wheels rubbing is an important indicator about how well the pedicab company was doing its job.
Water works, wheels don't rub and he is back out selling ice.

Notes on construction of the cart:
it's an MDF cabinet from home depot or something. TF (The Fabricator) has used drywall screws to mount the relatively few things that he deigned to
mount, such as the pump elastic mount, and 12v terminal bars directly to the MDF, screws poking through the cabinet in danger of puncturing the stainless cooler.
He has mounted a propane fired water heater INSIDE the cabinet. (it was mounted to the outside before I actually got my hands on it, but it had already melted and had to be replaced)

The freezer is mounted with (4) sheet metal screws to the Trex deck of the pedicab.
The 40 gallon supply and drain tanks are not secured in any way shape or form; a bungee cord is holding them and a 2 gallon propane tank inside the cabinet.
I guess it's cool not to secure the tanks, because there are no provisions for filling or emptying them either.
Oh yes, there is also a motorcycle battery for running an inverter to charge an iphone.
Oh yes, there is also a 358 watt power assist motor, and a 16AH 48V LI battery for propulsion.
So, we have electricity, water, propane, bad mechanical, electrical and plumbing work, on an overloaded, top heavy vehicle capable of traveling nearly 20 miles an hour. Hoorah!
Oh yes, the suspension consists of the air in the tires.

200 pound cooler,
300 pounds of product
40 pound MDF Cabinet
20 pounds of propane
200 pounds of human
~200 pounds of water
25 pounds of water tanks, pumps
10 lbs of motorcycle battery
15 lbs of umbrella
10 lbs of sink/shields
I think we are north of 1000lbs load on our pedicab frame, riding on 3 26" X 2.125 tires.
Stay tuned for visits 2-5.

West SAAB Story
Mar 13, 2014

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 206 days!)

These ARGs are getting far, far too realistic.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

some_admin posted:

I think we are north of 1000lbs load on our pedicab frame, riding on 3 26" X 2.125 tires.

So 2 averaged size Texans. :v:

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

quote:

200 pound cooler,
300 pounds of product
40 pound MDF Cabinet
20 pounds of propane
200 pounds of human
~200 pounds of water
25 pounds of water tanks, pumps
10 lbs of motorcycle battery
15 lbs of umbrella
10 lbs of sink/shields
Stay tuned for visits 2-5.

Don't forget the bike itself.

This could be a thread man, especially if the bike frame just breaks in half and crazy italian ice guy comes after you.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
Suggestions for cool gifts for someone who likes cars that is available on amazon prime?
I loving hate shopping for gifts.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Crumpet Strumpet posted:

too real

Is there a cheat mode where you can just gently caress around and drive places? Break stuff? Etc? :P

I'll get this soon. Watching that guy's video like a year or two ago I had no idea he would get it done all by himself. Geez!

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Any UK goons have a 7.5T car transporter, or know a good place to hire one in the midlands?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Seems Amazon abandoned their experiment... shifts popped up at 10pm like normal. I guess 2 days of not having even half the number of drivers they needed, and trying to schedule new people only, backfired a bit.

I've been doing Uber Eats for 2 days to at least give me some spending money for the week. In 5.5 hours, I used about 1/3 of a tank (including driving into Dallas and back home), and they had an $18/hr guarantee for 4 of those hours. I also got a phone number from a cute guy, which was entirely unexpected, but very welcome. :v: Kind of a surprise since I don't think I really give off that much of a gay vibe in person if I don't know you (also I'm hilariously out of shape).

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 10:18 on Oct 25, 2016

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

nm posted:

Suggestions for cool gifts for someone who likes cars that is available on amazon prime?
I loving hate shopping for gifts.

https://resqme.com/EN/

EDIT: Buy the original, not a knock-off.
I got both and the Chinese one is so hard to activate that you'd have more success trying to pop the window with your bare hands.

spog fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Oct 25, 2016

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

+1 for the resqme, it's well-made and works great.

Or so I've heard :ninja:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

Crumpet Strumpet posted:

gotta grab a can, F to get it ready, and hold the spray onto one part until it pops in

Still haven't sorted my nonstart issue. I've got power and air, and it cranks, but won't even try to turn over. Fuel's not getting to the engine for some reason, I guess. So instead of worrying about that I had a couple shots of vodka and pissed all over town while mumbling about how I wasn't drunk

Did you actually fill the tank once you put it in the car?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

For those desperately waiting for a conclusion -- kitchen drain is no longer clogged.

Manual 50' snake dropped in from the vent cleared the clog in minutes. From the sound and the depth, I think I clogged it right at the tee, where nothing would go down and any pressure went right up the vent.

Glad that pain in the rear end is done, now I can turn my attention back to my piece of poo poo Toyota.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

hi everyone i died rip me

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Aww man who will post doggo pictures now?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Coincidentally I started building a fence to keep my idiot dog from taking me on tours of the neighbourhood!!

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

Is summer car like it was in the video a couple of years back?

I thought it might be amusing to have a for fun goon contest in which people stream themselves racing against each other to build a car and drive to the shop to buy booze.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

perkele jaevling auto!!!

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Seminal Flu posted:

For those desperately waiting for a conclusion -- kitchen drain is no longer clogged.

Manual 50' snake dropped in from the vent cleared the clog in minutes. From the sound and the depth, I think I clogged it right at the tee, where nothing would go down and any pressure went right up the vent.

Glad that pain in the rear end is done, now I can turn my attention back to my piece of poo poo Toyota.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDajqW561KM

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

Pillbug

freelop posted:

Is summer car like it was in the video a couple of years back?
It's better.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

funny Star Wars parody posted:

Coincidentally I started building a fence to keep my idiot dog from taking me on tours of the neighbourhood!!

Good fences make good neighbors.

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Oct 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Seriously guys, buy My Summer Car it's possibly the most AI game ever created. There's even a big sledgehammer for when you get really tired of your project. :v:

I've played 2 hours so far and if I didn't have a huge chunk of work on my virtual desk to do I'd still be playing it right now.

• Locked thread