Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbOWa5fkiEA

First hour of Neptune vs Sega Hard Girls

http://www.compileheart.com/neptune/4goddessesonline/

4 Goddesses Online teaser site.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I would really like 4GO to be good but given it's being developed by Tamsoft it's probably going to be another lukewarm-as-gently caress brawler.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
4GO news coming at 4:20 am eastern.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/tamsoft_corp/status/781814839555395584
https://twitter.com/tamsoft_corp/status/782124520316383232

Amazingly there were no tweets describing it as it happened or any crowd pictures. There was mention of good graphics and physics but nothing more. These are Tamsoft's promotional images.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
It's more of a developer event isn't it? Or maybe they had a restriction on pictures given they blurred their own content.

I do wonder what the main dev team is doing right now given this is a spinoff and the only other game is on mobile. Their current wave of Vita games is done, and Felistella isn't working on anything right now either. The gap between V and VII was 2012 to 2015 so I wonder if we'll hear anything about a new mainline installment before next year.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
MegaTagmension Blanc (+Neptune) VS Zombies just landed on Steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/496810

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I still haven't beaten that game.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's an awful awful game

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I won't say it's "awful", but god is it hard to justify not saying that.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Did you get to the part where you had the fight the larger enemies because gently caress them utterly.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I listened to the ringtones once and will never speak of them again.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
How similar is it to action u, because I enjoyed that.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

It's nearly exactly the same, except there's now input lag in menus. I don't know how Tamsoft manages to do these things.

The main thing, though, is that outside of certain conversations, nothing in the game is engaging or funny. It's so barebones; they could've even thrown in the outlandishness of Onechanbara, and yet they couldn't be bothered.

I don't regret buying it, but I just can't seem to care enough to try and finish it.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
4 Goddesses Online screenshots

http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/380/1380124/

http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/img/gmw/docs/1023/108/html/unrealfes2016_18.jpg.html

Definitely not on Vita

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Mr. Fortitude posted:

A Plutia game would put many a titty game on Vita to shame I imagine. It'd be Criminal Girls: Nep Edition.

This was awhile ago but I like to imagine in a Plutia game she'd be Iris Heart the whole time and be the villain, and you'd play as Battletoads knockoffs working to defeat her.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

grand theft grotto posted:

This was awhile ago but I like to imagine in a Plutia game she'd be Iris Heart the whole time and be the villain, and you'd play as Battletoads knockoffs working to defeat her.

I have to admit that sounds awesome

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Depending on how good your mail is, Neptune should be arriving on your doorstep tomorrow. Straight outta Compton.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I am suspicious as to whether the Nep level will be sufficient.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I hope it's better than Blanc vs Zombies (it won't be)

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Nep v SeHa is way better than Blanc v Zombies.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Got my copy today! Confirmed that it has its own trophy list separate from the original JP game.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Takoluka posted:

Nep v SeHa is way better than Blanc v Zombies.

I'm assuming it'll be better just because it's in the same style as the mainline games, I'm just not sure if there'll be enough Nep humour in there given I don't really give much of a poo poo about SeHa.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

You still have the Planeptune girls talking amongst themselves, being Planeps. It works!

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I don't know if it's a new editor or just the game script but wow does IF swear a lot.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
One of the chapters is called "Make History Great Again"

It took me 14 hours total to beat the game, though it was totally by accident while trying to finish side missions and clear dungeons. Turns out an item drop room becomes the final boss room.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://gematsu.com/2016/10/four-goddesses-online-cyber-dimension-neptune-image-trailer

Four Goddesses Online is having a fake closed beta this week so there should be more updates.

On another note:

New Game Plus makes it very hard to get to some optional bosses if you've leveled up. Defeating Time Eater early causes a bad end.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Yeah, you have to basically turn your back to Time Eater every turn and don't defend, so it can deal enough damage the first time around.

I'm almost done with the plat for it again. I'm kinda surprised at how many small errors there are in this game's text. Also, everyone is an rear end in a top hat to each other.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

OP, I'm buying the SeHa game. I never bought any of that Nep stuff, you better not have led me astray. :toughguy:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

It's a good game with a couple apparent flaws. The dialogue in the game isn't entirely representative of the series, because everyone comes off as really aggressive and angry all the time here, but it's still quite serviceable. I would suggest Re;Birth1 to new Nep fans, but if you like the Sega Hard Girls, you can't go wrong with Nep v. SeHa.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The open ended nature of the game is why it feels that way. After Neptune becomes a bike it splits into 4 stories that can be completed in any order which means they can't bond over the course of the game. Also, the goddesses and Hard Girls are at war with one another so of course they'd be on edge. They were pretty hostile in original Neptunia before they rewrote it.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dehry posted:

The open ended nature of the game is why it feels that way. After Neptune becomes a bike it splits into 4 stories that can be completed in any order which means they can't bond over the course of the game. Also, the goddesses and Hard Girls are at war with one another so of course they'd be on edge. They were pretty hostile in original Neptunia before they rewrote it.

Well, it's more so that IF and Segami are kinda assholes to everybody, and even Nepgear loses some of her V2 characterization.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Neptunia Rebirth 3 just got an update, but it appears to have just downloaded the _CommonRedist folder.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://gematsu.com/2016/10/four-goddesses-online-cyber-dimension-neptune-ps4-launches-february-9-japan

Four Goddesses Online confirmed PS4 exclusive and launches February 9th.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dehry posted:

Neptunia Rebirth 3 just got an update, but it appears to have just downloaded the _CommonRedist folder.

What?

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

quote:

The Tamsoft-developed action RPG sees the goddesses chosen to participate in a beta test for Four Goddesses Online. The goddesses go on a journey to save the world from the threat of the demon king, to meet their other selves, to play together and make friends, and to get their little sisters.

A new character named Bouquet (voiced by Aya Uchida) will also appear. She is an artificial intelligence-equipped NPC and guardian spirit who gives advice to adventurers in various locations. Bouquet was born from an interview in Dengeki PlayStation with Vert voice actress Rina Sato, though that doesn’t mean she’s someone’s little sister.

Poor Vert, so close and so far.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

That's just a weird thing about Steam, if one of a game's installers or something updates, any title you have installed with that as part of the package 'patches'. If a really common program has an update and you have like... 20 games using some audio driver installed, expect about 16 4mb "patches" to download without any info.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

END ME SCOOB posted:

That's just a weird thing about Steam, if one of a game's installers or something updates, any title you have installed with that as part of the package 'patches'. If a really common program has an update and you have like... 20 games using some audio driver installed, expect about 16 4mb "patches" to download without any info.

Oh, I thought we were talking about the Vita version. My bad.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

So we'll see a PC version in half a year?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Mordaedil posted:

So we'll see a PC version in half a year?

Sounds about right. They seem to have noticed how well their games are selling on Steam so I doubt they are going to keep much of their catalogue restricted to consoles/handhelds.

Also, your Stellaris mod is great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Thanks, though apparently the new patch is making people crash on a broadscale so I'm working on isolating the bug. Planning to get it fixed this afternoon.