Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I want to believe BlazeTHC is completely sincere. Please no one break my illusion.

I never understood sonic fanfic. But now I know that at least one thing of value came out of it. I really love innocent Blaze The HedgeCat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death Dealer
Jul 25, 2006

This popped up in the awful fanart thread, and given we're all some level of abyss staring in this thread I figured I'd share. Fair warning - it's :nws: :nms: as all hell.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20Z8cHac6cg

I managed to make it about 9 minutes before I just went fuckin' noooooope but someone of sterner stuff may pull a full abyss gaze.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I want to believe BlazeTHC is completely sincere. Please no one break my illusion.

:agreed: because I looked dumb laughing to myself as I walked my dog at that part

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
"Blaze THC" can't be a joke because come on, it's friggin' Spongebob100 we're talking about.

The obvious troll is LeBlanc, who fits too many conflicting stereotypes to be convincing.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Suicide Jesus the Hedgehog name change mods etc. etc.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat
According to twitter, Jack Chick died today.

No, not the reader. The tract guy

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Did his D&D character get killed by a trap?

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Man, you scared me! I thought something terrible happened.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Sexual Aluminum posted:

Jesus.
Now do this again with Frank West and make it a Dead Rising spoiler.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
So will F Plus Chick have to retire his handle?

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Equeen posted:

Man, you scared me! I thought something terrible happened.

RIP Jack Chick
Didn't properly warm up before headbanging

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ls3qDfTP0mw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EShUeudtaFg

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
My favorite part of the Sonic episode was the way video game terminology crept into weird places.

Like they couldn't just say someone was "Immune to all diseases" or "cannot get sick" they say "Sicknesses are not effective". Like he's a Pokemon or something.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

The Vosgian Beast posted:

My favorite part of the Sonic episode was the way video game terminology crept into weird places.

Like they couldn't just say someone was "Immune to all diseases" or "cannot get sick" they say "Sicknesses are not effective". Like he's a Pokemon or something.

It reminds me of Ulillillia's novel where his character doesn't sleep because he's "immune to Sleep"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

F Plus Live episode coming soon!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Waffleman_ posted:

F Plus Live episode coming soon!

Yay!

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Jack is incapable of attacking someone who has more than one attribute.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

man, I could listen to Kumquat shriek incoherently about insane poo poo for an entire episode.

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

dijon du jour posted:

RIP Jack Chick
Didn't properly warm up before headbanging

RIP Jack Chick
Didn't give the drummer a blowjob before headbanging

my girlfriend is Legos fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Oct 25, 2016

Baron La Croix
Nov 2, 2010

rastah farah
sonnah maddah fah
Isfahan is phenomenal at voicing edgy OCs.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

Famethrowa posted:

man, I could listen to Kumquat shriek incoherently about insane poo poo for an entire episode.

Hi yes hello yeah yeah uhhhh uhhhhHHHH AHHHHHH AHHHHHH

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Famethrowa posted:

Isn't that the John Kitchin episode?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Just a head's up, we have two new, Very Special Episodes of Extra Credit coming soon.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Sham bam bamina! posted:

The obvious troll is LeBlanc, who fits too many conflicting stereotypes to be convincing.

I thought it was pretty obvious that the joke is that "LeBlanc" is a white knight stereotype. Surprised the F Plusers didn't catch on to it. Points, I guess, to whoever made that page for being uncharacteristically subtle enough to not just rant about SJWs or whatever.

Guy Mann posted:

It reminds me of Ulillillia's novel where his character doesn't sleep because he's "immune to Sleep"

Huh, have they done Ulillillia yet?

Flip Yr Wig fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Oct 25, 2016

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Flip Yr Wig posted:

Huh, have they done Ulillillia yet?

F-Plus 100

LordGugs
Oct 16, 2012

Guy Mann posted:

Holy poo poo he has a novel!?

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

http://www.ulillillia.us/stories/10elementalmasters/home.shtml

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Flip Yr Wig posted:

I thought it was pretty obvious that the joke is that "LeBlanc" is a white knight stereotype. Surprised the F Plusers didn't catch on to it. Points, I guess, to whoever made that page for being uncharacteristically subtle enough to not just rant about SJWs or whatever.

I figured LeBlanc was one of those cases where it's obviously partly a joke, but you can't tell which part is the joke.

Squint
Jul 14, 2007

Extremely Not Bad

Flip Yr Wig posted:

B-but the rules said "No joke characters" so we just assumed the moderators had blessed off on it!

The seams did show with the sword's name and at the end there, listing the likes and dislikes, but we tend to get wrapped up in the reading.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

even if the text is insincere, consider the sequence of decisions that leads to writing fake sonic fan characters. still funny.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

even if it's not sincere, it's weird enough to be amusing. see also: some of the bad fanfiction episodes, roy orbison wrapped up in clingfilm, "a skeleton popped out" from the creepypasta episode, etc

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
I don't think there's anything bad about laughing at someone telling a funny joke anyway. :shrug:

I think it's better to take the writing at face value rather than trying to dig into if it's sarcastic or sincere because then you run face-first into Poe's Law.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Yea there's nothing wrong with 'falling for' a joke when the joke is actually decent. When read as sincere it was a genuinely pretty solid goof on the very real poo poo that the episode also had. They've had a few moments of reading things that had to be parody/jokes as sincere but I'd much rather they occasionally think someone genuinely made a white knight sonic OC who uses a sword he got from a video game store to fight bullies for hedgehog jesus than then just assume everyone who's dumb/weird has to be a joke.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Just a head's up, we have two new, Very Special Episodes of Extra Credit coming soon.

Is one of these the one that you said would cover this thread? I can't wait to / am dreading finding out who voices me.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Positronic did something wonderful.

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

There are episodes of Extra Credit that aren't very special?

Also I think there's also the Thanksgiving one, which I personally think is pretty drat special, but that's due later

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

A Meat posted:

There are episodes of Extra Credit that aren't very special?

Also I think there's also the Thanksgiving one, which I personally think is pretty drat special, but that's due later

I mean special as in, apart from the content, that they'll be out within the next two weeks or so.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

X-Ray Pecs posted:

Hi yes hello yeah yeah uhhhh uhhhhHHHH AHHHHHH AHHHHHH

Whenever he warms up I have a mental image of starting up a mentally ill lawnmower :allears:

RyokoTK posted:

Isn't that the John Kitchin episode?

Haven't listened to it yet, now I'm excited.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
The funniest thing about the sonic character creator is how baggy the pants are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Oh man, I love Baggy the Pants.