Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So she goes to jail now right?

Lol why would you think that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Two weeks until the election's over? But where will all of the frog avatar twitter bots go when their masters abandon them?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9v-33jcEDk4

Chinese Gordon
Oct 22, 2008

lozzle posted:

Why would we need a smilie for some rando who won't even be a Congressman come January? :smuggo:

True. The time of greatest need has passed. However, I feel it would be cool and good for a :ryanpop: to be retroactively added to any post detailing the 17 billion separate Trump fuckups since the Ryan endorsement.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

I don't know if you're joking but I run my own business where I live abroad, I make about 30k a year and have to pay an additional 15% in US taxes on top of local taxes.

That's 15% off my sole income of 30k. Granted living costs are lower where I live, but still.

Liquid Communism posted:

$2 million in retirement assets worth of it?

computer parts posted:

And 30 days to visit a sick relative.
Just gonna ignore this I guess.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

SamuraiFoochs posted:

+3 for the good guys in Forsyth County NC. Line was pretty huge. Lots of minority voters (including me technically). Get dunked on, Trump, you orange fucker.

I'm spending this entire week and Saturday working and/or doing stuff to further disability rights. Today was my one day off this week.

Keep voting, everybody. Let's make like Carter on Weis and turn Trump into a shell of a man. :getin:
Are you going to Hillary and Michelle's event Thursday?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Feldegast42 posted:

What is with all the people crawling out of the cracks saying that Hitlery will be starting WW3 ANY DAY NOW

hope springs eternal

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/Fahrenthold/status/791035138259824640

Such a tease.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

:wow:

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

:wow:

E:FB

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Forgall posted:

There's not much to say, having a US citizenship probably helps a lot in getting connections in a foreign country to build your business. I'm not going to start asking for the person's life history to see if and where it helped or not.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Is that maybe just a followup on his retweet about the Trump campaign's hat spending? That was pretty mind boggling.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

Feldegast42 posted:

What is with all the people crawling out of the cracks saying that Hitlery will be starting WW3 ANY DAY NOW

I thought republicans were pro-war as an economic booster.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

SomeMathGuy posted:

Is that maybe just a followup on his retweet about the Trump campaign's hat spending? That was pretty mind boggling.

It was him being a dork and failing at twitter, like when your grandma comments on a Facebook picture you liked.

Instant Sunrise
Apr 12, 2007

The manger babies don't have feelings. You said it yourself.

so reading the article, the big fundraisers are split so the lions share goes to the RNC to help the downticket, with the online fundraising split so the majority of funds go to trump.

hahahaha he is stabbing the downticket in the back.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~

Chinese Gordon posted:

Pretty small/low energy crowd there

One of my friends is there just to witness the sheer insanity of it

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/791035525180362753

Oh gently caress Chuck Schumer

Chinese Gordon
Oct 22, 2008

Complaint Compilation posted:

Hey look guys "The left assumes all women are liberals." - Trump kegger (Talahassee FL)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdLQFPTXBPg

Can't take my eyes off the row of four hosed up pumpkins behind the podium.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

https://twitter.com/Fahrenthold/status/791035907436646400

False alarm

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Instant Sunrise posted:

so reading the article, the big fundraisers are split so the lions share goes to the RNC to help the downticket, with the online fundraising split so the majority of funds go to trump.

Some stabbed in the back mythology I can get behind. :allears:

I've said it once and I'll say it again, if Trump is spiteful enough to destroy the Republican Party in his fall, then I will gladly append "but at least he brought Paul Ryan down" to the end of every criticism of him. :allears:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Oh, is this the reason Murphy got his DSCC funding pulled?

Cause if so, then yea, gently caress Chuck Schumer. We need to beat Rubio.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Instant Sunrise posted:

Very predictably.

Ornamented Death
Jan 25, 2006

Pew pew!

Zanzibar Ham posted:

There's not much to say, having a US citizenship probably helps a lot in getting connections in a foreign country to build your business. I'm not going to start asking for the person's life history to see if and where it helped or not.

The two sides are talking past each other. People arguing with Kilroy are talking solely about the taxes assessed on someone that renounced their citizenship. Kilroy seems to be bouncing back and forth between that and the taxes expats (that are still citizens) have to pay. Some actual expats are doing drive-bys and supporting Kilroy without realizing he keeps switching arguments.

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
Trump's campaign spent $1.8MM on internal polling, and $3.2MM on those stupid red MAGA hats, because of course they did.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

WampaLord posted:

Oh, is this the reason Murphy got his DSCC funding pulled?

Cause if so, then yea, gently caress Chuck Schumer. We need to beat Rubio.

Chuck Schumer angling real hard on Rahm Emmanuel's "worst office holding Democrat" title.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Forgall posted:

Of course. That which does not fit the narrative must be ignored. :allears:

I mean, it's not like it hurts his argument somehow when the floor for exit taxes is high enough that you have to be in the 95th percentile of all Americans, net-worth wise, to even pay it!

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot
Did we ever confirm if the MAGA hats are made in China?

I bet they're made in China.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

The fact that we're losing Harry Reid and gaining this chucklefuck as majority leader is the worst part.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

lozzle posted:

My money is on Bangladesh or Vietnam. Probably in the dankest, most horrific sweatshop they could find.

Sensible Thursday
Jul 28, 2007

WampaLord posted:

gently caress Chuck Schumer.

His Green Party opponent handed me a flyer while I was waiting in line for a George Clinton concert, she seemed cool.

Sensible Thursday fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Oct 25, 2016

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

I posted this above and accidentally edited over it, but if you live overseas I'm fairly sure the self employment tax is easily avoided if you spend a couple thousand bucks on accountants. Worth looking into if you're abroad for the long haul.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

lozzle posted:

The ones he sells on his site are made in the USA, but the vendor knockoffs on Amazon and the like are China.

http://www.snopes.com/donald-trump-hat-china/

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~
My buddy's report from the Tallahassee Rally

quote:

They closed the gate, I'm standing outside with about 200 other people hoping to get in.
Everybody here is white. And very country.

A Winner is Jew
Feb 14, 2008

by exmarx

Neeksy posted:

The fact that we're losing Harry Reid and gaining this chucklefuck as majority leader is the worst part.

Sanders acting as a counterweight on the left to Schumer's dumb rear end in the senate is literally the best thing for progressives at this point regardless of Hillary winning.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

big money big clit posted:

It's a testament to how lovely workers get treated in the US that it is considered a pipe dream that someone would be able to take four weeks off of work without being bankrupted.

Please note this is in the context of Kilroy whining that he'd have to pay extra taxes if he did this.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Kilroy posted:

It seems like a lot of people continue to think the taxation only applies to assets in the US, despite that being absolutely not the case at all and me pointing out that this is not the case at all several times. For the all the bleating about "Kilroy isn't arguing in good faith" going on in this thread it seems that most people aren't actually reading by posts before typing up an angry reply in a huff.

Nah gently caress you because you're rich, don't you see?

A USA citizenship comes at the cost of taxes. Stop bitching about it.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

fishmech posted:

To say nothing of the results of just living next to coal power plants for a while.

Coal ash is more radioactive than nuclear power waste, and it also rains down on the surrounding areas so that's worth remembering whenever anyone mentions coal.

Magic-Doogies
Mar 5, 2016

by exmarx

TheBigAristotle posted:

Did you see my comment about wanting single-payer? I am in favor of a stronger system. Whether or not people who need care are getting it or not doesn't mean the program isn't in the weeds.

So no, I won't eat human poo poo because I think Obamacare needs a lot more help. Can progressives please stop trying to eat their own kind? This is why we never hold on to power. Fortunately conservatives are gorging on themselves, so maybe things will change.

Yeah like there is nothing wrong with saying Obamacare is still extremely flawed. I just saw on Facebook about a woman who got a notification in mail that her Premium payment on her medical insurance is going to jump from $745 to over $1k. That's loving insane. Nobody should have to pay that much.
Right now Obamacare is a life saver for some and very much NOT affordable for others.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Liquid Communism posted:

The ones he sells on his site are made in the USA, but the vendor knockoffs on Amazon and the like are China.

http://www.snopes.com/donald-trump-hat-china/

Is saying your product is made in the US legally binding?

Also how many hats would you need for a prye? The yuuugggeeesssttt best prye.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

A Winner is Jew posted:

Sanders acting as a counterweight on the left to Schumer's dumb rear end in the senate is literally the best thing for progressives at this point regardless of Hillary winning.

I'm not sure Schumer is going to let that happen without an obnoxious fight, the dude's not going to allow Sanders to derail the power he feels entitled to now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Stereotype posted:

A USA citizenship comes at the cost of taxes. Stop bitching about it.

I suppose that's true, but it's just odd that the US is one of two countries in the entire world where this is the case. I think it's valid to ask why that is if you're personally affected by it.

• Locked thread