Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Kinda disappointing for it to be yet another trump av.

:wom:

Agoat posted:

Hey Goons, we are now a roleplay guild.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulhunter
Dec 2, 2005

Foreskin Problems
Nov 4, 2012

It's doing fine, actually.
Not as good as my elf mining gif

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

this is too good

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

We are now a clown guild

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
Now?

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Taran III:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otfy8dRqeFI

Padawan
Nov 27, 2014

Totally had someone recognize me from SA on OSRS, cutting yews at the woodcutting guild.

A Dire Bear
Aug 17, 2013

Bricklord posted:

Totally had someone recognize me from SA on OSRS, cutting yews at the woodcutting guild.

That would be me. Do we have enough OSRS players to actually warrant a second thread?

I LIKE COOKIE
Dec 12, 2010

how about an osrs clanchat? what happened to el goonsquad

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
We really need people to work on the citadel:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

allta
Mar 28, 2011

fishmech posted:

Don't forget upkeep is paid again so on top of some decent exp you are also making some nice gp!

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I'll be on when my hangover is done

Padawan
Nov 27, 2014

First pet, beaver, at 88 woodcutting. Let's get a friends chat going.

allta
Mar 28, 2011
Tonight was a pretty good night luck wise.

Balls to the Mall
Feb 11, 2011

Kinda disappointing for it to be yet another trump av.

:wom:

'Oh hello. I didn't see you there. Welcome to my Island. Would you like a tour?'

This was a 'large' island, but is actually nice and compact with lots of skilling nodes.

1 x bale of Tortle (Hunter)
1 x bale of Ornate Tortle (Hunter)
1 x cast of Alaea Crablets (Mining)
1 x Dead Moai (Divination)
1 x Exuberry Bush (Farming)
1 x Mushroom Cluster (Farming)
1 x Bamboo (Woodcutting)
1 x Wobbegong (Fishing)

Also a Treasure Chest as well, which I assume will restock at some point but I am unsure.

The only real disappointment is the lack of golden bamboo and I would rather a volcano in the middle, but the hill is a cool place to plant my flag.

EDIT: Also log into or create an Ironman account before the end of Sunday and get two free weeks of membership. Pretty sure you can just create the account and remove Ironman status straight away. Or if you have an OldSchool account and have never used it in RS3 before, log in and make it an Ironman accoutn and you can enjoy the membership on your OldSchool character as well. Be sure to select the option on the account creation screen. It's not like in OldSchool where you complete the tutorial first before selecting Ironman.
EDIT: Link to newspost - http://services.runescape.com/m=news/happy-birthday-ironman-mode--get-two-weeks-of-free-membership?jptg=ia&jptv=community_news

Balls to the Mall fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Oct 13, 2016

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

fishmech posted:

I realize this is over a week old but I'm an idiot newbie and I just found the citadel today. I got a cloak and I'm clicking on whatever unlock plots I can. Is there anything else I can do aside from click plots until the game says I can't do any more?

e: is there a runescape discord server?

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Oct 17, 2016

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Tsurupettan posted:

I realize this is over a week old but I'm an idiot newbie and I just found the citadel today. I got a cloak and I'm clicking on whatever unlock plots I can. Is there anything else I can do aside from click plots until the game says I can't do any more?

e: is there a runescape discord server?

That's all you do for the citadel, you click on the plot objects until it's done. The furnace plot is special, because there first needs to be an ore from the mine plot and charcoal from the kiln to operate it, so unlike the rest you can't use it unless you or someone else already used those other plots.

Usually it's best to do your first little bit of skilling on the Summoning plot, because the summoning resource, minions, can sub in for every other resource in a pinch - but you can only do about 270 of your 2700 skilling units on it each week.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

fishmech posted:

That's all you do for the citadel, you click on the plot objects until it's done. The furnace plot is special, because there first needs to be an ore from the mine plot and charcoal from the kiln to operate it, so unlike the rest you can't use it unless you or someone else already used those other plots.

Usually it's best to do your first little bit of skilling on the Summoning plot, because the summoning resource, minions, can sub in for every other resource in a pinch - but you can only do about 270 of your 2700 skilling units on it each week.

cool, thanks! i went ahead and finished the cooking plot.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAxHmIhDZbw

new video about mining/smithing rework posted just now

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Tsurupettan posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAxHmIhDZbw

new video about mining/smithing rework posted just now

Well, at least they seem committed to making it good. Suppose it's just a question of if they can pull it off. I for one like the idea of using 99 smithing to make level 90 gear.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

It was fun doing goon dungeon the other day. Are there any other cool group activities to do that are moderately friendly to big differences in levels?

Swicky
Dec 29, 2013

DAY MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
FIGHTER OF THE NIGHT MAN
AHH AHH AHHHHHHH
He's a master of karate and friendship, for everyone
Rest in pizza Goon Dungeoneering, the ghost of Kari past will be in our hearts

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/halloween-2016?jptg=ia&jptv=community_news

Halloween Event 2016
Requirements

None. This event is entirely free to play.
Recommended

There are no special stat requirements or gear, but there might be…complications...so bringing a little food might be a good idea.
How to start

Head to a new portal outside the Invention Guild, north-east of Falador, and zip through to Dark Falador.

road potato
Dec 19, 2005
I was in the clan chat a few days ago as FunctionalUN. It's kinda fun coming back after over a decade away. Just doing quests and basic leveling and stuff.

Whereabouts do I go to find off-hand weaponry? I just hit level 30, and I now have a Mithril longsword and... a bronze off-hand sword. Is Grand Exchange a good source for stuff? Or is there a shop somewhere that converts weapons to their off-hand counterpart? or a goon-guild smith who I can buy from?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Gstu posted:

I was in the clan chat a few days ago as FunctionalUN. It's kinda fun coming back after over a decade away. Just doing quests and basic leveling and stuff.

Whereabouts do I go to find off-hand weaponry? I just hit level 30, and I now have a Mithril longsword and... a bronze off-hand sword. Is Grand Exchange a good source for stuff? Or is there a shop somewhere that converts weapons to their off-hand counterpart? or a goon-guild smith who I can buy from?

Just search "off-hand" in the grand exchange yeah. Most weapon shops now also carry off-hand equivalents of the weapons too.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic

allta posted:

After modest discussion with the clan it has been decided pay for capping at the citadel shall return, at 1m/h which equates to 2 million gp for capping at the citidel*

If I'm not online to pay just post in the thread that I owe you and I'll trust you and get around to paying you next time I see you!

*limited to the first 7~8 goons

t-rexcellent, pay me my money

e- taken care of

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I'm capping my cit right now, Serentyl in game. I'm the 6th visitor for the week.

I wrapped up the little bits left on cooking and crafting and I'll be filling out most of WC.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

"Wish you were here!"

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
Getting that itch again.

I have so many better things to do with my time and this Halloween event is soulless, so I really can't explain it. They also still haven't made NXT work with DPI scaling.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Desuwa posted:

Getting that itch again.

I have so many better things to do with my time and this Halloween event is soulless, so I really can't explain it. They also still haven't made NXT work with DPI scaling.

it's still better than tanks

allta
Mar 28, 2011
So me, Agent peng and lebron went to Vindicta tonight and there is currently a loot beam glitch there that is pretty magical. This picture doesn't do it justice but the whole time there I couldn't help but keep hearing this song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0sgwz-f-u4&t=42s

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!
So OSRS went through with their idea from a few years ago for a new continent. drat.

If only I had another ten thousand hours to roll up a character and play.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.
so theres this friends chat for asking about arc birds called "bird watch" and sometimes people ask about the castaway bottles so i also asked if there was any bottles on tuai island guess not i felt like i was missing something after i got a response though would of been too boring to just get an answer you know

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Is this some new form of irony because I'm not sure I understand it.

Padawan
Nov 27, 2014

Desuwa posted:

So OSRS went through with their idea from a few years ago for a new continent. drat.

If only I had another ten thousand hours to roll up a character and play.

It takes no more than 30 days to reach 126 combat and complete the majority of the quests now.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

Moddington posted:

Is this some new form of irony because I'm not sure I understand it.

yes

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Oh okay thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012